“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45544 Dec 20, 2013
The real danger in this country is extremism, both on the left, and on the right.However, and this is plain to see, most people simply refuse to consider any factual evidence that upsets their preconceived worldview.Demagoguery is the rule, not the exception.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45545 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
The American idea was thrown out with Social Security.We nailed the coffin shut with group rights.We don't WANT individual freedom because we don't WANT individual responsibility.We want someone else to take care of us.If we had a dictator who did it better than our current system, we would kiss his hand if he pretended to respect Congress.
Do you call the Civil Rights movement group or individual rights? Give me an example of "group rights?"

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45546 Dec 20, 2013
Because the national media elite are so uniformly progressive, we keep hearing(in the elite media), about the rhetorical excesses of the "extreme right". To hear the same media, there is no"extreme left", just the occasional liberal who says something he or she shouldn't.But, any rational observer has to see that the Left and the Right are screaming the most ville accusations at each other, all the time. We are fully POLARIZED.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45547 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Because the national media elite are so uniformly progressive, we keep hearing(in the elite media), about the rhetorical excesses of the "extreme right". To hear the same media, there is no"extreme left", just the occasional liberal who says something he or she shouldn't.But, any rational observer has to see that the Left and the Right are screaming the most ville accusations at each other, all the time. We are fully POLARIZED.
Who is considered the "elite media?" Would Fox fall in that category? Why or why not?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45548 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you that blind? Do you not see the danger your own party is in, in other words, don't worry about the splinter in my eye, worry about the plank in yours.
No, I don't see the division in the Democratic party as the obvious one in the Republican party with the party faithful and the Tea Party. Sorry, not a real comparison you are trying to make.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45549 Dec 20, 2013
TSF wrote:
Merry Christmas to you also taxpayer.
<quoted text>
Same here. Just don't use any red decorations.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45550 Dec 20, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is considered the "elite media?" Would Fox fall in that category? Why or why not?
Fox isn't progressive. If you hold any democrat views, you are hated by republicans, if you hold any republican views, you're hated by democrats.If a democrat doesn't believe in ALL parts of the democrat philosophy, if he for instance is pro gun, he is considered a traitor by that party.Like a republican being pro-choice would be considered a traitor by that party.The definition of fanaticism is that your are so convinced of your views and policies that you consider any who oppose them to be stupid, deceived, or to have an ulterior motive. That describes you, State.And, maybe me? We are pawns i think, in a very big game.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45551 Dec 20, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here. Just don't use any red decorations.
You made a joke, and in doing so, have made my point for me.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45552 Dec 20, 2013
TSF sometimes makes comments that are not totally supportive of the democrat party.Even though he seldom actually deviates from the democrat line, the few times he has done so has caused my democrat friend in Charlotte to call him a"Dino", democrat in name only.(Rino for republicans).The polarization is intense. The logical conclusion to this extreme taking of sides, has always been civil war.May I remind those who think that unlikely, that in 1968 no one thought the Iron Curtain would crumble in a couple of decades.Change comes.Who in their right mind, in 1968, would have thought that a super rich country like America would borrow billions from a backward and poor country like China? State has totally swallowed the bait, hook line and sinker.Even so far as to comment on"red"Christmas decorations, though in jest.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45553 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You made a joke, and in doing so, have made my point for me.
What point is that? Would you say that your friend Taxpayer falls in the extremist category? I wouldn't define Taxpayer as a moderate, would you? He is a solid extremist, and you know it. The very thing you slam as wrong with this country.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45554 Dec 20, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't see the division in the Democratic party as the obvious one in the Republican party with the party faithful and the Tea Party. Sorry, not a real comparison you are trying to make.
Not making that direct comparison, the danger to your party comes from within, from the far left that pushed this d.o.a. Health care scheme, which has done great damage to your party.Although you don't see it, will never admit it, the AHCA(I'll call it that, I know Obamacare offends you) has, and continues to do, significant damage to your party. Remember that, while you're gloating about the Tea Party.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45555 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
TSF sometimes makes comments that are not totally supportive of the democrat party.Even though he seldom actually deviates from the democrat line, the few times he has done so has caused my democrat friend in Charlotte to call him a"Dino", democrat in name only.(Rino for republicans).The polarization is intense. The logical conclusion to this extreme taking of sides, has always been civil war.May I remind those who think that unlikely, that in 1968 no one thought the Iron Curtain would crumble in a couple of decades.Change comes.Who in their right mind, in 1968, would have thought that a super rich country like America would borrow billions from a backward and poor country like China? State has totally swallowed the bait, hook line and sinker.Even so far as to comment on"red"Christmas decorations, though in jest.
Wasn't George W Bush the big borrower from China to support his two wars?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45556 Dec 20, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
What point is that? Would you say that your friend Taxpayer falls in the extremist category? I wouldn't define Taxpayer as a moderate, would you? He is a solid extremist, and you know it. The very thing you slam as wrong with this country.
Do you really not get the point? Yes Taxpayer is an extremist.....but SO ARE YOU!! We're all becoming EXTREMISTS!! I'm trying to reach you State, do you understand? This isn't the"blame game"

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45557 Dec 20, 2013
We have become a nation of insane people...only able to see the insanity of the other side.What do you think,TSF? STATE?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45558 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you really not get the point? Yes Taxpayer is an extremist.....but SO ARE YOU!! We're all becoming EXTREMISTS!! I'm trying to reach you State, do you understand? This isn't the"blame game"
I don't think so. I told you tonight that if the Republicans come up with a better health care plan that makes more practical sense, I would look at it and support it. That alone, does not make me an extremist. But, you failed to answer my question of what aspects are better than Obamacare.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45559 Dec 20, 2013
Suppressing one sides beliefs is madness.But, either the Left or Right, convinced of it's rectitude, will use all of it's coercive forces to stamp out the views of the other.Right now, that's called Political Correctness.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45560 Dec 20, 2013
Try to get the Big Picture State.You're still playing"my side is better than your side" "My guy did this, your guy did that".This isn't about Bush, or Obama, it's about US.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45561 Dec 20, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. I told you tonight that if the Republicans come up with a better health care plan that makes more practical sense, I would look at it and support it. That alone, does not make me an extremist. But, you failed to answer my question of what aspects are better than Obamacare.
State, you don't get it.This isn't about Obamacare.It's about US! Your opinion of republicans, mine of democrats.Can't you see that we are BOTH EXTREMISTS? You have absolutely zero respect for republicans.I have little respect for democrats. We tend to see each other as stupid and even malevolent.How can either side advance an agenda, when they see the others motives as sinister? This is a danger to our country.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45563 Dec 20, 2013
Anyway State, if it matters, even a little, I hope that you and I can see through the media conditioning, and see somehow, that we are just two people with different life experiences, trying to make sense of this insanity.You as well,TSF.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45564 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Try to get the Big Picture State.You're still playing"my side is better than your side" "My guy did this, your guy did that".This isn't about Bush, or Obama, it's about US.
You will easily throw out criticism of Obama, but not accept criticism of Bush. You defend Bush at every turn, so don't tell me it's about the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 8 min Red Man 1,616
chic-fil-a 1 hr Happy 5
Gay marriage is on its way, folks. 7 hr old word 349
DROP/KEEP/ADD a word (Feb '14) 12 hr ily 90
Review: Eola Brewing Company 14 hr whats in a name 23
Officials talk local developments at 'Wake up, ... 14 hr Glen 5
Hidden Obama, Obama Administration and Democrat... 17 hr David53g 1
Morganton Dating
Find my Match

Morganton Jobs