Allen

Penrose, NC

#44447 Nov 15, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Only weak anti-America losers need leadership from a central government. Americans can do just fine with out them.
Really? There wouldn't be an America. I get it, you want to go back to the days of neanderthal when people just roamed wild and free doing what ever they want when ever they want. Chaos doesn't even come close to desrcibing what this country would be like without some kind of leadership and government. America would be fair game to any foreign government. Would it not? There has to be control, unless we wish to be controlled by someone else. Do you want to be a Russican or a Chinican or how about a Koreican?
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44448 Nov 15, 2013
Only commies would teach their children subversive ideas like reading , writing and arithmetic. If children learn too much, they would probably not vote for republikans . They would not live in fear of boogy men behind every tree who are intent on poisoning their minds with the scourge of knowledge. Learning would cause their parents and the rest of the neoconazis to lose control. Getting an education would probably allow children to get a great job and move away from their idiot parents who think their power meters are spying on them .
Taxpayer wrote:
Common Core is federal education. It is a nationalized education program that 45 states adopted, sight-unseen, while they were desperate to grab hold of Obama’s “Race to the Top” dollars. Common Core, which offers zero innovation, lower educational standards and is a completely untested theoretical program on our children.
Communist minded people in this government have been gung-ho to implement a centralized curriculum system to get more control over our children.
“On Sept. 25, 1998, Rep. Bob Schaffer placed in the Congressional Record an 18-page letter that has become famous as Marc Tucker's "Dear Hillary" letter. It lays out the master plan of the government to take over the entire U.S. educational system so that it can serve national economic planning of the workforce.” So the government will decide what or who your child will be. Keep voting these fascist into office just because the bootube tells you too.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44449 Nov 15, 2013
This scourge of arithmetic , reading and writing must be stopped. It threatens the very foundation of the Goofy Old Party and their platform of paranoia , hate, obstruction and fear.
GOP-- the party of stupid and proud of it
waco1909 wrote:
Whether extremist fascists or extremist communists, their goal is to take over the education of the children......remember the Hitler Youth and various communist youth"programs"....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#44450 Nov 15, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are a republiCON, who didn't vote for Obama does not exempt you or any member of your party from the laws of this nation. Your citizenship binds you to abide by the law just like everyone else. Now if you choose to look at this administration from a slavery stand point, let me remind you old girl that you carry a link to the chain as well.
Obama was man enough and had the guts to apologize to the people and express regrets. How many times did your daddy Bush do that?
From one old girl to an old hag, I don't need you to tell me about abiding by the laws of whatever land I may be in.

I do look at this administration from a slavery standpoint. Daddy Bush, Bill Clinton or Big Daddy Bush didn't promise every minority coming and going they'd live on American soil and we'd give them everything they need at the expense of legal, taxpaying citizens as Obama did and has. I get it. After all his promises to the minorities he must throw them a couple crumbs to keep them from civil unrest, but he's not doing it with my tax dollars.

Are you so vested in Obama that you actually believe the man apologized in sincerity and not because of peer pressure by not only the Republicans, but his own party that's jumping ship on him now? I'd like to say I admire your loyalty, but it's so skewed that I can't.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#44451 Nov 15, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are a republiCON, who didn't vote for Obama does not exempt you or any member of your party from the laws of this nation. Your citizenship binds you to abide by the law just like everyone else. Now if you choose to look at this administration from a slavery stand point, let me remind you old girl that you carry a link to the chain as well.
Obama was man enough and had the guts to apologize to the people and express regrets. How many times did your daddy Bush do that?
Found this article just to show you that even terrorists as Obama do have the "guts" to apologize. They apologized for killing the wrong person, but your grand leader didn't even have the guts to address the people who are dying because his healthcare screw up has cut their lifeline to medical help off.

"(CNN)-- Radical anti-government fighters in Syria mistakenly beheaded a wounded fellow rebel soldier after assuming he was a supporter of President Bashar al-Assad, according to an online statement from the radical fighters' group.

A separate online video showed a gruesome display of radical fighters holding what appeared to be the victim's head.

After the beheading earlier this week, the victim was determined to be Mohammed Fares, an anti-government fighter wounded in clashes against the Syrian Army earlier, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

On Thursday, an online statement from a spokesman for the al Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), whose fighters apparently carried out the beheading of Fares, called for forgiveness for the killers and asked for "restraint and piety" from anti-government supporters."

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#44452 Nov 15, 2013
TSF wrote:
This scourge of arithmetic , reading and writing must be stopped. It threatens the very foundation of the Goofy Old Party and their platform of paranoia , hate, obstruction and fear.
GOP-- the party of stupid and proud of it
<quoted text>
The Hitler Youth could add and subtract very well.The scourge of thinking for oneself is what the DEMODOPES hope to eradicate.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#44453 Nov 15, 2013
Republicans were demonized for asking for a one year delay on Obamacare.Now, in desperate political straits, the president has agreed to just that......see you in November,2014....
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44454 Nov 15, 2013
Kind of hard for people to think for themselves when their education is so limited as to not even know the difference between a billion dollars and a trillion dollars. Oh well, just listen to John Boehner , he knows and can be trusted to act in your interest even though his hand is out for "contributions" from the rich, foreign governments, foreign corporations and special interests more than any other corrupt republican. He is a republican, so he has to be honest, reverent, good etc. Tax breaks for the rich are good. Laws favoring foreign governments are good..
So now, anyone who want to educate our youth are compared to and associated with the Hitler youth? You know better than that. You are blinded by the party of stupid's agenda of paranoia.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The Hitler Youth could add and subtract very well.The scourge of thinking for oneself is what the DEMODOPES hope to eradicate.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44455 Nov 15, 2013
"Michelle LaVaughn Robinson ObamaIn 1996, she served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, where she developed the University's Community Service Center.[53] In 2002, she began working for the University of Chicago Hospitals, first as executive director for community affairs and, beginning May 2005, as Vice President for Community and External Affairs.[54] She continued to hold the University of Chicago Hospitals position during the primary campaign, but cut back to part-time in order to spend time with her daughters as well as work for her husband's election;[55] she subsequently took a leave of absence from her job." "The University of Chicago (U of C, UChicago, or simply Chicago) Notable alumni in the field of government and politics include community organizer Saul Alinsky, Obama campaign advisor David Axelrod, Attorney General and federal judge Robert Bork, Attorney General Ramsay Clark, former Governor of New Jersey Jon Corzine." No, they didn't know a thing about the insurance business. Had no experiences with the health care field at all.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#44456 Nov 15, 2013
TSF wrote:
Kind of hard for people to think for themselves when their education is so limited as to not even know the difference between a billion dollars and a trillion dollars. Oh well, just listen to John Boehner , he knows and can be trusted to act in your interest even though his hand is out for "contributions" from the rich, foreign governments, foreign corporations and special interests more than any other corrupt republican. He is a republican, so he has to be honest, reverent, good etc. Tax breaks for the rich are good. Laws favoring foreign governments are good..
So now, anyone who want to educate our youth are compared to and associated with the Hitler youth? You know better than that. You are blinded by the party of stupid's agenda of paranoia.
<quoted text>
T, don't blame poor education on conservatives. The left wing has been in charge of the education system for decades. They have spent that time extoling the virtues of government and demonizing private enterprise. They have been telling students what to think instead of how to think. We are now experiencing the result.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44457 Nov 15, 2013
Education is there for those who want it. Those who place no value on education and do not recognize it as an investment in their own future could not be helped by anyone. Public school have done an excellent job preparing my children who did well in college and now hove good jobs. None of them have ever expressed any manifestation of demonization of private enterprise.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>T, don't blame poor education on conservatives. The left wing has been in charge of the education system for decades. They have spent that time extoling the virtues of government and demonizing private enterprise. They have been telling students what to think instead of how to think. We are now experiencing the result.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#44458 Nov 15, 2013
Washington Post, New York Times slam Obama as 39 dems vote with republicans on Upton bill....
sharon bi

Old Fort, NC

#44459 Nov 15, 2013
Burr has voted WITH Obama on almost every issue, so I will NEVER vote for Burr AGAIN. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact his office via emails and phone calls which were NEVER returned. Surely there is a Conservative Republican out there somewhere....
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44460 Nov 15, 2013
7th grade public schools math problem:
What is the equation of a line passing through the coordinates (4, 5) and (5,7)?

I am sure all those geniuses out there who think public schools aren't teaching can solve this easy 7 th grade problem.

The part I am having trouble with is exactly how this material is teaching hate for free enterprise , adherence to socialism and an inability to think for one's self. Obviously taxpayer will label it communism, I just do not understand why.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#44461 Nov 15, 2013
TSF wrote:
7th grade public schools math problem:
What is the equation of a line passing through the coordinates (4, 5) and (5,7)?
I am sure all those geniuses out there who think public schools aren't teaching can solve this easy 7 th grade problem.
The part I am having trouble with is exactly how this material is teaching hate for free enterprise , adherence to socialism and an inability to think for one's self. Obviously taxpayer will label it communism, I just do not understand why.
I'm 59 years old, this crap was creeping into curriculum when I was young. It's just becoming more overt. The propaganda of global climate change is a perfect example.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#44462 Nov 15, 2013
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm 59 years old, this crap was creeping into curriculum when I was young. It's just becoming more overt. The propaganda of global climate change is a perfect example.
Be more specific about the crap that was creeping in when you were young. I am the same age. Reveal to me the 'liberalism' creeping in that I was not aware of.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44463 Nov 15, 2013
Crap? Are you talking about math?

Global climate change has been occurring for millions of years. Well documented and accepted evidence shows that our climate cycles from warm, to cold, to warm again and has been doing that since long before evidence of humans appeared on this planet. There is no doubt that climate change is happening. The only doubt is exactly which factors are responsible and the quantification of each individual multifactorial .
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm 59 years old, this crap was creeping into curriculum when I was young. It's just becoming more overt. The propaganda of global climate change is a perfect example.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#44464 Nov 15, 2013
TSF wrote:
Crap? Are you talking about math?
Global climate change has been occurring for millions of years. Well documented and accepted evidence shows that our climate cycles from warm, to cold, to warm again and has been doing that since long before evidence of humans appeared on this planet. There is no doubt that climate change is happening. The only doubt is exactly which factors are responsible and the quantification of each individual multifactorial .
<quoted text>
TSF, I'm glad you changed "Global Warming" to the more accepted and accurate "Climate Change." Our climate does change cyclically and has and will as long as this earth stands. NOT A NEW CONCEPT. However, Al Gore has amassed quite a fortune scaring the beegeebees out of people about a natural occurring phenomenon. If teachers are teaching "global warming", IMO, they're only padding Al Gore and his bunch of alarmists' pockets and it's a fact that it can't agreed upon by one scientist to another and has no place in the classroom. It's only a theory. I believe this is the excuse given not to teach creationism but evolution is just okey dokey. There's no proof of evolution. Again, this concept can't be agreed upon by one scientist to another.

IMO, schools should have peer reviewed, concrete, curriculums and leave politics out of their teaching. By no means am I referring to history and events that shaped our country, but I am referring to personal opinions being taught as history. I just read where Oprah aka I know everything just ask me, now is making the rounds talking about how Obama is a victim of racism. Some misinformed, well intentioned teacher will teach this as the gospel and it has no place in the classroom. Every person of color screams racism. I read the other day where Democrats are whining about if you don't like Obamacare, you're a racist. Who came up with such a stupid mindset? Is this what our children are being taught in school today?

In conclusion, you constantly go on about teaching what we used to call the 3 R's and rightfully that needs to the core of learning in school. Stop whining about teachers not having enough money for this and that and then the school systems take money for proper classroom supplies and buy tablets or IPads for the students. For the sake of Pete, try a piece of paper and freaking pencil, a book to study from and teach a core curriculum. I don't care if there's 50 to a classroom, the majority will learn. If you get some rounders in the classroom, send their butts home to their parents until they learn how to behave in school. It's not a hard concept. Might be old fashioned but I bet most of us on this site could smoke kids graduating high school on a standardized test without thinking about it. Sorry for getting a little long winded:)
Ncoman

Kannapolis, NC

#44465 Nov 15, 2013
As a local veteran advocate known across the state, I have used Sen. Burr's office many many times over and they have always responded positively and gotten results for the veterans I've helped. I could not have done it without Sen. Burr and I have used other Senators but done has come through like Burr did.

Salisbury, NC
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44466 Nov 15, 2013
And that is the problem. There isn't even money now to buy books, paper or pencils.. the kids have to go online for "tutorials" many of which are thankfully very good. I wish they had those in the days when I was in school. It makes math in particular easier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No GOFUNDME for arrested officer. 4 hr Scmid 244
Kent T 7 hr Sorry 17
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 9 hr State of Florida 9,244
Local Politics Do you approve of Wayne F. Abele as Commissioner? Apr 15 Tranny Ann 3
News Atheists come to religious area for convention Apr 15 Tranny Ann 2
Highway 55 Apr 13 Lets say ha ha 3
homer murdock. Apr 12 Homer SATAN Murdock 1
More from around the web

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]