Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
Despite warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act.
A few years later he wrote: "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated.The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Govenments in the civilized world. No longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominate men."
Sad. But this is exactly where we are in America.
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

This past Monday I attended a Veteran's Day Parade with my son who is in a Cadet program. His grouped marched in the parade and as I stood by watching in my dress uniform I had many people come by and thank me for my service. After a few of them had thanked me I began to notice that all of them were of the hard working blue collar type. Some were no doubt from a poor class. I realized that NOT ONE seemingly well off type even uttered a word. They simply brushed by without notice. I even heard one complain about the street being blocked and he couldn't get to Starbucks. After the parade we went in a small convoy to Golden Coral for a Vet Day thank you feast.We passed by 3 former factories that are now closed with grass growing in the parking lots. Thats when it occurred to me of whats wrong in our country. While I am proud of my service and honored by the activities of the day it seems that we have forgotten what the heartbeat of our nation really is. While our military have fought under fire it is the forgotten hard working men and women of this nation that truly make it free. Now these people are among the forgotten is seems. No work,no money,maybe no future. But it did not sway them from paying tribute to a great nation on a cold november day. We for damn sure need to remove the power from the elite and put it back where belongs.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Allen wrote:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks...will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered...the issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs." Thomas Jefferson
"History records that the money chargers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance."
James Madison
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
Thomas Jefferson
.True.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

100 Missions wrote:
This past Monday I attended a Veteran's Day Parade with my son who is in a Cadet program. His grouped marched in the parade and as I stood by watching in my dress uniform I had many people come by and thank me for my service. After a few of them had thanked me I began to notice that all of them were of the hard working blue collar type. Some were no doubt from a poor class. I realized that NOT ONE seemingly well off type even uttered a word. They simply brushed by without notice. I even heard one complain about the street being blocked and he couldn't get to Starbucks. After the parade we went in a small convoy to Golden Coral for a Vet Day thank you feast.We passed by 3 former factories that are now closed with grass growing in the parking lots. Thats when it occurred to me of whats wrong in our country. While I am proud of my service and honored by the activities of the day it seems that we have forgotten what the heartbeat of our nation really is. While our military have fought under fire it is the forgotten hard working men and women of this nation that truly make it free. Now these people are among the forgotten is seems. No work,no money,maybe no future. But it did not sway them from paying tribute to a great nation on a cold november day. We for damn sure need to remove the power from the elite and put it back where belongs.
Very good post, and I add my thanks to you and all who serve.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

OMG, Bush caused only 106 thousand people to sign up for Obamacare!! How dare he. BTW, what happened to the Obamacare drums on here. Democrat crickets.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly do understand WORKING and OWNING. When you work for a business you leave, pick up your check just to hand it out to more owners. Owners work for themselves and work overtime, over working and under paying the worker.
So now, being that RepubliCONS believe that life begins at the time of conception, reguardless of whether Jindel was born in America or not would that not make him an Indian and not a true American? And if we are to believe that life begins at birth, the time when one draws his own breath, would that not make Ted Cruz a Canadian? If one were conceived in mexico yet drew his/her first breath in America being born of an illegal immigrants, why should that make him/her an American? When it comes to self interest can we not all question our loyality?
You are the one who brought up the sex act location. Seems it bothers Democrats more.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

http://www.montrealgazette.com/health/Fewer+t... "Low 'Obamacare' enrolment concerns Democrats looking to next year's elections" The Dumos are running like rats since the old job is om the line. "So far, five Senate Democrats are on record in support of legislation by Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu to make sure everyone can keep their present coverage if they want to. The bill would require insurance companies to continue offering existing policies, even if they fall short of minimum coverage requirements in the law." Well that's just great, hope the 5 million that have lost theirs feel all warm and fuzzy. The bus ran over them and I just bet the vote Democrat in 2014.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Obamacare has become a noose around the neck of the DEMODOPES.Dems wanted it, they got it, stick a fork in them, they're done.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Ben wrote:
OMG, Bush caused only 106 thousand people to sign up for Obamacare!! How dare he. BTW, what happened to the Obamacare drums on here. Democrat crickets.
I have asked many Republicans to give me a positive analysis of the Bush administration, and none of them can. If you do, you will be the first, but I very much doubt it. Meanwhile, you cry about a program that will eventually bring medical insurance to over 40 million poor Americans that until now had none. After Waco signs up, maybe you will, too. Tell me the positive elements of the Bush year! You won't because YOU CAN"T.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

TSF wrote:
I advocate a flat tax on ALL income regardless of the social standing of the earner or his/her method. I attach no reverence to individuals based on the magnitude of their bank accounts or their royal lineage.
<quoted text>
That is not what I ask you. Are you incapable of understanding the question?
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Our tax dollars are just getting eaten up, pissed away by a rigid hierarchy of bureaus, administrators, and petty officials. Why should they not provide welfare and social programs for this nation's poor? Bureaucracy created the poor.
I stand corrected you are beyond stupid.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

100 Missions wrote:
So you are a freeloading Communist that supports a fascist government.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Well Taxpayer.There's not much more to say, I guess.As for me, I passed up the free meal at Golden Corral, don't think joining the army for my own benefit deserves a free meal.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The feeling is mutual:)
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Well Taxpayer.There's not much more to say, I guess.As for me, I passed up the free meal at Golden Corral, don't think joining the army for my own benefit deserves a free meal.
First of all Golden Corral has been doing that for Vets for many years. Secondly, I normally don't go myself. I don't care for crowded situations. However, my son's cadet unit was there to guide and assist disabled and elderly vets. I think it was a very good thing. Also I did not actually join the Air Force for my own benefit. I was already a pilot before graduating college. I could have easily just built time and flew the friendly skies for a hell of a lot more money. But I chose the AF. No regrets either.
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a freeloading Communist that supports a fascist government.
That is not worthy of a real reply from me.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Great idea.Except, in the case of the ACA, they want some people to pay for the coverage of other people.440,000 have already chosen medicaid, and apparently those were the sickest people.Looks like the younger, healthier people, who by signing up for Obamacare, would have actually paid for the sicker people, just are gambling, and not signing up.In other words, where will this money come from? Allen I'm asking, just asking.America, has a much larger population than England, which just adds to the problem.Add to that,Americans are notorious for eating bad food, not exercising, smoking and drinking to excess.
"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe." Thomas Jefferson
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
It depends if you joined to fight for individual Liberty and Freedom as those on April 19th 1775. Or did you join to support the enslaving communist government we have today. Or did you join simply because you needed a job and could not get one else were.

The free meals given out are not by Americans but by people using the veil of patriotism for profit.

You can get free meal on the backs of dead brothers in arms. We can also let them die in vain while communist minded people take our freedoms.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know why you are able to call yourself "Taxpayer"?
In 1913 the Federal Reserve Bank was created. They have the ability to create money from nothing (fractional banking/lending). They lend this money to the government or to people like you and I and charge interest to boot.

Don't you find it ironic that the income tax was created in that same year? It was created to complete the illusion that real money had been lent and therefore real money had to be repaid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Morganton Forum right now

Search the Morganton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why 3 min Meeeee 31
nosey neighbor 8 min Jon 6
Town of Hudson- Alcohol Vote 1 hr elsie 45
Meth Dealers 5 hr yep 28
chris and charity huffman 5 hr yep 5
why black men dont eat out 6 hr State of Florida 8
blonde on wilson street 7 hr laffin 39
•••
•••