State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#44067 Nov 3, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Why not, it's making every other decision for them.
Then you are agreeing with government making their most personal decsision for them?
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#44068 Nov 3, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Never said that and you know it. Didn't have family there, but a dear friend was shot 3 times in the first wave in Iraq. Know several families that have loved one there NOW, on Obama's watch. I would never be so arrogant as to speak for them. They made the CHOICE to sign up and go.
I appreciate their signing up and going. That is not the issue. Your daddy, Herbert Hoover Bush made the decision to send them into that theater, but you are not man enough to own up to it. It's a matter of fact. google it sometime.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#44069 Nov 3, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you fail to mention Iraq and Afghanastan is your previous loving tribute to the military? Did you just forget those conficts? Or, is it because both of those conflicts are on Herbert Hoover Bush's watch? Afghanatan, I can somewhat understand connected to 911 But Iraq? Tell me how it was worth all those young lives and trillions of dollars.
Ben, I am waiting for your answer on the great benefit the USA received from the conflict in Iraq.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44070 Nov 3, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate their signing up and going. That is not the issue. Your daddy, Herbert Hoover Bush made the decision to send them into that theater, but you are not man enough to own up to it. It's a matter of fact. google it sometime.
NO ONE made anyone go to war. That hasn't been done since Nam. Personal choice and being responsible for that choice, I know is a foreign concept for you, kinda like the healthcare thing, which I see is something you and ole Al keep running from, anyway, I don't need to "google" anything. What would you say to the 300,000 people in Ca that just had their policies canceled, "google it"? Run.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44071 Nov 3, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben, I am waiting for your answer on the great benefit the USA received from the conflict in Iraq.
Ask the people of Iraq. Ask Obama, since HE still has troops there.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#44072 Nov 3, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Ask the people of Iraq. Ask Obama, since HE still has troops there.
No, I am not asking the people of Iraq or Obama, I am asking you and I see that you have no answer. Typical dodge ball Republican.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44073 Nov 3, 2013
NC was a leader in k12 education nationally. Now, these idiot republicans have crippled education. NC was a national leader in R&D. Now these idiots have defunded the Universities by 800 million dollars . They have tried to establish a state religion. They have outlawed science in discussions of sea level rise. They are still attempting to seize Charlotte's airport. They have seized Ashville's water supply. They have declared war on the poor , refused Medicaid expansion which would have brought 25,000 jobs to NC, They have fired 1200 more teachers. They have made it difficult as possible for college students to vote. They tired to make it a 2 year felony for a woman to expose her breasts. They have made it legal to use silencers on weapons while hunting (really) they have legalized possum dropping. They have given more tax breaks for the rich and increased taxes on working people.. The governor replaced the entire elections board. coincidentally, the previous elections board was investigating the governor for accepting illegal internet gambling "donations". You can't make this shit up. There is entirely too much inbreeding going on among republikans.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#44074 Nov 3, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>NO ONE made anyone go to war. That hasn't been done since Nam. Personal choice and being responsible for that choice, I know is a foreign concept for you, kinda like the healthcare thing, which I see is something you and ole Al keep running from, anyway, I don't need to "google" anything. What would you say to the 300,000 people in Ca that just had their policies canceled, "google it"? Run.
Oh, I see. You are talking about a draft. Sure, Bush didn't MAKE anyone go, but if they would have refused, they would have been court martialed in a Military Court. Bush maybe just "suggested" that the troops go to war in Iraq, don't you think?
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#44075 Nov 3, 2013
TSF wrote:
NC was a leader in k12 education nationally. Now, these idiot republicans have crippled education. NC was a national leader in R&D. Now these idiots have defunded the Universities by 800 million dollars . They have tried to establish a state religion. They have outlawed science in discussions of sea level rise. They are still attempting to seize Charlotte's airport. They have seized Ashville's water supply. They have declared war on the poor , refused Medicaid expansion which would have brought 25,000 jobs to NC, They have fired 1200 more teachers. They have made it difficult as possible for college students to vote. They tired to make it a 2 year felony for a woman to expose her breasts. They have made it legal to use silencers on weapons while hunting (really) they have legalized possum dropping. They have given more tax breaks for the rich and increased taxes on working people.. The governor replaced the entire elections board. coincidentally, the previous elections board was investigating the governor for accepting illegal internet gambling "donations". You can't make this shit up. There is entirely too much inbreeding going on among republikans.
I will give them this. They are never boring with their supidity.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44076 Nov 4, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. You are talking about a draft. Sure, Bush didn't MAKE anyone go, but if they would have refused, they would have been court martialed in a Military Court. Bush maybe just "suggested" that the troops go to war in Iraq, don't you think?
Obama "maybe just suggested that troops go to war","President Barack Obama spoke to the American people Thursday evening, a short speech that was covered by the major networks, announcing a drawdown plan to withdraw 10,000 troops from Afghanistan by the end of the year and all 33,000 "surge" troops by September 2012."Before the Affordable Care Act became law in 2010, President Barack Obama promised Americans they could keep their health care plans if they liked them. But already hundreds of thousands of citizens are receiving notification that their plans are being canceled because they don't comply with the new law, and, according to NBC News, the Obama administration has known for at least three years the cancellations were coming.

While campaigning for health care reform in 2009, Obama went out of his way to make one thing perfectly clear: If you like your current health care plan, you will be able to keep it." "There is no more exemplary an illustration of that hypocrisy in the news this morning than this: Sixteen Democratic senators who voted for ObamaCare are now decrying the medical devices tax, which is set to go into effect January 1, as “job-killing.”

In a letter sent to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, the sixteen senators (including hypocrites extraordinaire, Al Franken and Chuck Schumer) are now asking that ObamaCare’s 2.3% tax on medical devices, scheduled to take effect January 1, be delayed.(Franken wants it repealed altogether.)

Reprising arguments made by Republicans for years against Obamacare, the Democratic senators say the new tax will not only cost jobs, but will also harm American competitiveness in the medical device field." Liar, liar, run, run.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44077 Nov 4, 2013
"ObamaCare has become big business for an elite network of Washington lobbyists and consultants who helped shape the law from the inside.

More than 30 former administration officials, lawmakers and congressional staffers who worked on the healthcare law have set up shop on K Street since 2010. Major lobbying firms such as Fierce, Isakowitz & Blalock, The Glover Park Group, Alston & Bird, BGR Group and Akin Gump can all boast an Affordable Care Act insider on their lobbying roster — putting them in a prime position to land coveted clients.

“When [Vice President] Biden leaned over [during the signing of the healthcare law] and said to [President] Obama,‘This is a big f'n deal,’” said Ivan Adler, a headhunter at the McCormick Group,“he was right.”

Veterans of the healthcare push are now lobbying for corporate giants such as Delta Air Lines, UPS, BP America and Coca-Cola, and for healthcare companies including GlaxoSmithKline, UnitedHealth Group and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Ultimately, the clients are after one thing: expert help in dealing with the most sweeping overhaul of the country’s healthcare system in decades.

"Healthcare lobbying on K Street is as strong as it ever was, and it's due to the fact that the Affordable Care Act seems to be ever-changing," Adler said. "What's at stake is huge.... Whenever there's a lot of money at stake, there's a lot of lobbying going on."

The voracious need for lobbying help in dealing with ObamaCare has created a price premium for lobbyists who had first-hand experience in crafting or debating the law.

Experts say that those able to fetch the highest salaries have come from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) or committees with oversight power over healthcare.

Demand for ObamaCare insiders is even higher now that major pieces of the law, including the healthcare exchanges and individual insurance mandate, are being set up through a slew of complicated federal regulations.

“Congress is easy to watch,” said Tim LaPira, a politics professor at James Madison University who researches the government affairs industry,“but agencies are harder to watch because their actions are often opaque. This leads to a greater demand on K Street” for people who understand the fine print, he said.

“K Street's agenda follows the government's agenda. It's not typically the other way around," he said.

Watchdogs say the rise of the ObamaCare lobbyist is another example of the “revolving door” that turns public service into private enrichment.

“After passage of major legislation, those who have networks on Capitol Hill take exceedingly lucrative jobs with the same industries subject to the legislation,” said Craig Holman, a lobbyist for Public Citizen.“It raises questions about the [bill's] integrity.” For K Street, healthcare lobbying has been a bright spot in what has otherwise been a down business cycle.

While lobbying revenue at major firms has been flat or declining in recent years, the healthcare law has generated steady work — a trend that is likely to continue for years to come.

That’s because ObamaCare runs on a long timeline — well into the next administration. Unless the law is severely crippled, the reform's rules and requirements will be rolling out through at least 2020.

That’s good news for lobbyists who want to sign up clients for the long haul.

The windfall from the healthcare overhaul is being reaped at firms large and small. Some veterans of the legislative push have landed at boutique firms that are increasingly specializing in lobbying niches.

The firm Avenue Solutions, for instance, recently hired Yvette Fontenot, a former staffer for both the Senate Finance Committee, which wrote ObamaCare’s tax-related provisions, and HHS's Office of Health Reform, which is assisting the implementation.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44078 Nov 4, 2013
Since her hire in April, the four-woman firm has picked up Health Care Service Corp. as a client, and Fontenot is now lobbying for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and the National Electrical Manufacturers Association as well.

The Democratic firm banks about $3 million in revenue per year, records show, but is on pace for growth in 2013, earning $1.8 million through the first half of the year.

It’s not just ex-staffers who are becoming trusted ObamaCare guides — former members of Congress are lobbying on the law as well.

Former Rep. Earl Pomeroy (D-N.D.) joined Alston & Bird in 2011 after dealing with healthcare and tax issues as a member of the House Ways and Means Committee.

Now Pomeroy and his one-time chief of staff, Bob Siggins, are lobbying on ObamaCare for clients such as clients such as Vision Service Plan, the National Coordinating Committee for Multiemployer Plans and Medicare — a health insurance provider.

Consulting is another avenue former staffers and officials can take to work for outside interests while they look to comply with and shape the impending regulations.“This is not a do-it-yourself project; it's complicated,” said Adler.“They need help from insiders to help navigate this thing correctly.”

Former senior counsel to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Dora Hughes became a senior policy adviser at the law firm Sidley Austin last year.

Hughes is not a registered lobbyist, and told The Hill she mainly provides “strategic policy advice” while abiding by the ethics pledge not to lobby the administration. She has no congressional contacts in her sights, either.

Even the president needs some lobbying know-how when it comes to advancing ObamaCare.

The White House brought on Clinton administration veteran and former lobbyist Chris Jennings last month to help navigate the implementation of the law.

During a call with several directors of the state healthcare exchanges on Wednesday, Jennings was seated in a plum position — right next to Obama." And you talk about Republicans and greed....run.

“This is not a do-it-yourself project; it's complicated,” said Adler.“They need help from insiders to help navigate this thing correctly.”

Former senior counsel to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Dora Hughes became a senior policy adviser at the law firm Sidley Austin last year.

Hughes is not a registered lobbyist, and told The Hill she mainly provides “strategic policy advice” while abiding by the ethics pledge not to lobby the administration. She has no congressional contacts in her sights, either.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#44079 Nov 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
DA BS
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44080 Nov 4, 2013
Seven new states added and 4 million with canceled insurance. Yep, it's a great thing, best thing since sliced bread, that Obamacare. Sorry, I mean the Affordable Care Act. Liar, liar.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44081 Nov 4, 2013
"The McKinsey researchers also found that about half of the people eligible for zero-premium plans were under 39 and uninsured. The Obama administration has been emphasizing the affordability of its plans for young people, a critical group because their participation in the marketplaces will help keep overall premiums low." Were not the young crowd going to pay for this mess?
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#44082 Nov 4, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco think women are the only ones involved in pregancy, and when aborted, men carry no responsibility. It's just the woman's fault and her burden to bear.
Like I said,I don't believe in butchering babies,just people like you!
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44083 Nov 4, 2013
Republikans hate education and most of their following are uneducated. As a result of their ignorance and stupidity, they cannot follow a logical argument nor can they develop a vision for the future farther than the next quarterly reports. With no vision and no logical arguments, political decisions are made on the emotional basis of campaign slogans deficient of truthful information . This is why, for example, they think shutting down the government and costing the economy 24 billion dollars in 16 days had a positive effect on the national debt. To compensate for a lack of logic and vision, they criticize, obstruct and wonder why they are losing..
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give them this. They are never boring with their supidity.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#44084 Nov 4, 2013
Democrats hate the truth, and will stop at nothing to obfuscate the truth.Democrats also seem incapable of simple math.Now what we have here, is me making an almost identical post, as the one just proffered by TSF. NOT based in fact, but emotion.Look in the mirror,TSF.Your rhetoric is predictable, and highly emotional, and based only on your various biases.
Electra

New Orleans, LA

#44085 Nov 4, 2013
That's telling them Waco!
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44086 Nov 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Democrats hate the truth, and will stop at nothing to obfuscate the truth.Democrats also seem incapable of simple math.Now what we have here, is me making an almost identical post, as the one just proffered by TSF. NOT based in fact, but emotion.Look in the mirror,TSF.Your rhetoric is predictable, and highly emotional, and based only on your various biases.
That's telling em waco, even though you don't any idea what the hell you posted. You should't be using words like 'obfuscate' and 'proferred' because that's too far above your kindergarten 15 IQ level. It must have taken you over a week to find and copy those words out of your 'Thesaurus For Dummies' book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 1 hr Victor 6,747
total anarchy 1 hr Victor 556
Relocating to Hickory NC (Feb '06) 10 hr Waco 1954 295
Burke Weather 11 hr Someone Who Knows 4
Gas Pump Ripoff Fri morganton 5
Dating link on Topix Feb 27 Honest 5
Never Work At Advance Pierre Foods in Claremont... (Mar '12) Feb 26 concern 25
Morganton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?