Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43096 Oct 11, 2013
And what governmental entity has the responsibility of passing a budget? That would be--- you guessed it-- CONGRESS. Then the monies are/(supposed) to be awarded by departments where department ADMINISTERATORS allocate and approve expenditures according to their departmental mission mandated by congress.
The fact that CONGRESS has not been approving annual budgets but only piecemeal micromanaging is why nothing is working the way it should. The president submits a budget to congress . If congress disagrees, then they can pass a budget by a 2/3 vote which can become law without the president's signature. A person or a government cannot sensibly plan financially for the future without a budget. With no budget, you live hand to mouth going from one monthly crisis to another an another and arguing about whose fault it is..
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>In previous administrations there was an actual budget in place and the monies were allotted to that specific program, bill, etc. I would assume that whomever had the oversight on a particular program, bill, etc, was in charge of distributing the money....but we all know what assuming does!
Were former administrations guilty of "cooking the books?" Yes, ALL politicians are crooks regardless of party affiliation.....but most Americans are willing to overlook their party's shortcomings as long as it's them that's benefiting!

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#43097 Oct 11, 2013
TSF wrote:
And what governmental entity has the responsibility of passing a budget? That would be--- you guessed it-- CONGRESS. Then the monies are/(supposed) to be awarded by departments where department ADMINISTERATORS allocate and approve expenditures according to their departmental mission mandated by congress.
The fact that CONGRESS has not been approving annual budgets but only piecemeal micromanaging is why nothing is working the way it should. The president submits a budget to congress . If congress disagrees, then they can pass a budget by a 2/3 vote which can become law without the president's signature. A person or a government cannot sensibly plan financially for the future without a budget. With no budget, you live hand to mouth going from one monthly crisis to another an another and arguing about whose fault it is..
<quoted text>
Whose fault is it? How can a budget be agreed on, when democrats act irresponsibly? Shall Congress approve an insane budget? When your president submits a sane budget, maybe there could be budgetary agreement.Congress isn't a rubberstamp for this, or any, president.
State of Florida

Statesville, NC

#43098 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Now, there you go, mentioning mathematics in reference to democrats.You know that just makes them mad! Trying to teach democrats math is like trying to teach a pig about physics.It'll just frustrate you, and piss off the pig.....
I wish you would have taught mathematics to George W. Bush before putting the unnecessary Iraq war on the US credit card. What was the cost of that?
State of Florida

Statesville, NC

#43099 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Whose fault is it? How can a budget be agreed on, when democrats act irresponsibly? Shall Congress approve an insane budget? When your president submits a sane budget, maybe there could be budgetary agreement.Congress isn't a rubberstamp for this, or any, president.
A country held hostage over a legitmate law that radical Republicans tried to repeal 42 times before in Congress unsuccessfully. You are left with a divided Republican party over this issue. Fortunately you still have some reasonable thinking Republicans left. The Tea Party is your downfall. And you want to discuss sanity?
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43100 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Let's stick Obama with it, since he did it.
So you think Obama spent 6 trillion dollars all by himself with no help from congress? I call BS. Being that the national debt is about 13 trillion then would it not be fair to stick Bush with 7 trillion of it?
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43101 Oct 11, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
A country held hostage over a legitmate law that radical Republicans tried to repeal 42 times before in Congress unsuccessfully. You are left with a divided Republican party over this issue. Fortunately you still have some reasonable thinking Republicans left. The Tea Party is your downfall. And you want to discuss sanity?
Hear, Hear. The radical republicons (teaparty) belong to the (Banana Republic). The reasonable thinking republicons are of the (Establishment Party). According to Pro they are one in the same. The Washington Journal reported that the republicons approval rating amoung the American people is now 24%. An all time low! They can thank Ted Cruz for that.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43102 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Whose fault is it? How can a budget be agreed on, when democrats act irresponsibly? Shall Congress approve an insane budget? When your president submits a sane budget, maybe there could be budgetary agreement.Congress isn't a rubberstamp for this, or any, president.
Don't think you are seeing both sides of this issue.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43103 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You're just mad because I try to see both sides of an issue.That's called"fairness".Bei ng a raving liberal lunatic, this process would obviously be foreign to you, but I feel that it's my duty to introduce you to new concepts.FEEL free to thank me when the light penetrates your darkness!
Okay then, thank you for voting for Obama! I'm a lunatic? It is you who is committing political adultry by not standing by your man. But hey, if you want to be a member of a minority that's your choice. Like congress you need to get some fiber in your diet.
State of Florida

Statesville, NC

#43104 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You're just mad because I try to see both sides of an issue.That's called"fairness".Bei ng a raving liberal lunatic, this process would obviously be foreign to you, but I feel that it's my duty to introduce you to new concepts.FEEL free to thank me when the light penetrates your darkness!
Don't bs us. You always take the Republican side with Obamacare, guns, abortion and religion.

“Vote”

Houston

#43105 Oct 11, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think Obama spent 6 trillion dollars all by himself with no help from congress? I call BS. Being that the national debt is about 13 trillion then would it not be fair to stick Bush with 7 trillion of it?
SO, now you're saying that because Congress is trying to save money by trying to negotiate some spending concessions, you're mad at them? But you also want to accuse them of spending that six trillion? Came have it both ways.

“Vote”

Houston

#43106 Oct 11, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bs us. You always take the Republican side with Obamacare, guns, abortion and religion.
The"Republican" side? I take the"right"side.

“Vote”

Houston

#43107 Oct 11, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay then, thank you for voting for Obama! I'm a lunatic? It is you who is committing political adultry by not standing by your man. But hey, if you want to be a member of a minority that's your choice. Like congress you need to get some fiber in your diet.
Could be you have too much fiber in your brain.You misspelled"adultery" . My views on Obama changed, when I realized that Obama was not the person I thought he was.In other words, my opinions change when the facts change.I'm capable of adapting.YOU aren't, period.Like State, you simply ignore any facts that don't support whatever opinion you have previously arrived at.To do otherwise would be to admit fallibility, not something a know-it-all liberal could EVER do.
State of Florida

Statesville, NC

#43108 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> SO, now you're saying that because Congress is trying to save money by trying to negotiate some spending concessions, you're mad at them? But you also want to accuse them of spending that six trillion? Came have it both ways.
They could have made 'spending concessions' in Iraq

“Vote”

Houston

#43109 Oct 11, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think you are seeing both sides of this issue.
THAT'S a lucid statement of opinion on your part.That, I respect.Although I disagree with your statement.

“Vote”

Houston

#43110 Oct 11, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear, Hear. The radical republicons (teaparty) belong to the (Banana Republic). The reasonable thinking republicons are of the (Establishment Party). According to Pro they are one in the same. The Washington Journal reported that the republicons approval rating amoung the American people is now 24%. An all time low! They can thank Ted Cruz for that.
BS.No one is being held hostage to anything but democrat hyperbole.Republicans are acting according to the RULES of Congress.Don't like that? Change the rules.

“Vote”

Houston

#43111 Oct 11, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
They could have made 'spending concessions' in Iraq
Ok, then let's use Allen's argument.Where were your democrat friends in Congress? How many democrats voted for this?
State of Florida

Statesville, NC

#43112 Oct 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The"Republican" side? I take the"right"side.
Correction: The "right WING" side.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43113 Oct 11, 2013
True. Its up to congress to pass a budget.
waco1909 wrote:

“Vote”

Houston

#43114 Oct 11, 2013
Allen, State, we have disagreement.But, through all of this we, continue to talk.With more civility than Congress.I don't dismiss your opinions.If, at any time, it seems to me that, for instance Obamacare is working as advertised,I will tell you I was wrong.Why not? Being wrong, though unpleasant, is a learning experience. I try not to let vanity convince me that I can't be WRONG.

“Vote”

Houston

#43115 Oct 11, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: The "right WING" side.
Whatever makes you happy, don't forget the"right"part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Prove I'm racist" Gov.LePage said! 13 min State of Florida 2
410 Hogan Thu Wondering 1
loss prevention at walmart (Jul '12) Wed Anonymous 9
News Developer of Publix Shopping Center to Hold Pub... Aug 24 Gerry 1
beware of carolina grading Aug 23 Duckworth circle ... 6
OBAMA staying on VACA Aug 19 Dicky Tracy 1
News Agents raid Burke County home in nationwide dru... Aug 16 Voice of the Press 3

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages