“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42730 Sep 30, 2013
We should cheer up.Soon, America will be a giant Detroit, people can do what they want, as police will be almost nonexistent.The only way to make cash will be to sell drugs.Detroit today, America tomorrow.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#42731 Sep 30, 2013
State of Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
People will learn how far a big bag bean of pinto beans, rice and other cheap but healthy food will go.
I don't want to see anyone go hungry. I would like to see those who have blissfully taken for granted for years that the Food Stamp card would be loaded monthly, and their check for doing nothing would be deposited have to get out and actually work for food.
Didn't kill our forefathers to work for food, won't kill the people of this country.
Please no one whine about the hungry children. This country already has a problem with childhood obesity, so this should help little Johnny figure out that mom driving him through a fast food restaurant isn't what a good meal is.
Meals on wheels will continue for the elderly and should and there's plenty of churches and other organizations that have food pantries stocked with formula for infants.
The American people will do what they have to, to live. Those "Big Wigs" in Washington are the ones who need to be reduced to pintos and rice. They sit on their a$$e$ and do nothing and eat like kings on our money. Do you think they could afford to live the lavish lifestyles they do if the majority of the people weren't working and paying their taxes? What the American people needs to do if the government shuts down is, we need to sit down and boycott. We should all walk off our jobs every last one of us until they get their shit together. Growing up I ate beans and taters twice a day, damn sure wont hurt me to do it again.
TSF

Angier, NC

#42733 Sep 30, 2013
I believe you. But Obamacare didn't cause it. Obamacare hasn't even started . What happened to your sister is called opportunism. Its like when a hurricane hits and OSB plywood goes from $7 to $25 per sheet. Insurance companies are taking advantage of the republican generated panic.
waco1909 wrote:
My sister get her notification Friday.In the mail.Insurance premium is now 706.00 a month.....notifications to nursing professionals went out a year ago.I know this, as a friend who runs a nursing facility got hers....she was horrified.....
TSF

Angier, NC

#42734 Sep 30, 2013
Here is what will actually happen. The US Senate will send the bill back to the House of Representatives. Republikans can then fund the government or shut it down. Republikans started this game. Its your move republikans.
waco1909 wrote:
Looks like the govt.shuts down at midnight.Obama is teaching those nasty republicans a lesson.Oh, and the rest of us as well....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42735 Sep 30, 2013
Republicans already voted to fund the govt......except for Obamacare.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42736 Sep 30, 2013
My wife says, shut the govt.down! I say, fund it!
Fed up

Jackson, TN

#42737 Sep 30, 2013
Anyone but Hagen
TSF

Angier, NC

#42738 Sep 30, 2013
True, but they already knew that wouldn't fly. So it was only another republikan circle jerk like they had done 40 times before instead of working on actual problems. Blackmailing the president and the American people really sets an ugly precedent. It isn't about Obamacare or costs or problems with the act. If it were, republikans would have offered alternatives. They didn't. The only objective is governmental administrative dissonance. The idiots are still campaigning against Obama who cannot run again. That is the stupidity of it because they should be selecting and promoting a viable candidate of their own. They don't have one and their ONLY plan is more tax breaks for the rich. So they settle for pissing in the pudding.
waco1909 wrote:
Taxpayer

Edenton, NC

#42739 Sep 30, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
My bet is that you will secretly sign up
I already have my family covered and have paid my own way like Americans do.
I do not need a freeloading Communist minded ant-American screwing it up.
Taxpayer

Edenton, NC

#42740 Sep 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
True, but they already knew that wouldn't fly. So it was only another republikan circle jerk like they had done 40 times before instead of working on actual problems. Blackmailing the president and the American people really sets an ugly precedent. It isn't about Obamacare or costs or problems with the act. If it were, republikans would have offered alternatives. They didn't. The only objective is governmental administrative dissonance. The idiots are still campaigning against Obama who cannot run again. That is the stupidity of it because they should be selecting and promoting a viable candidate of their own. They don't have one and their ONLY plan is more tax breaks for the rich. So they settle for pissing in the pudding.
<quoted text>
True but, but, but,
Allen

Penrose, NC

#42742 Sep 30, 2013
Rev. Al got Texas's fat boy rep. Blake Farenthold to say that in the event of a government shut down he would forfeit his paycheck. Lmao, it will never happen fat boy needs his doughnuts.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#42743 Sep 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
My wife says, shut the govt.down! I say, fund it!
I agree with your wife. Shut it the hell down. The top five states with the most federal employees are "RED" states. Let them cut off their noses to spite their faces. Could be trouble in paradise, for you and the republiCONS. ROFLMAO!
Allen

Penrose, NC

#42744 Sep 30, 2013
Also fat boy Farenthold of Texas stated that federal employees should just consider a shut down of the government as a vacation, and that at some point their pay would be retro active. What about the ones who live from paycheck to paycheck. He don't give a damn, his doughnuts are in the bag.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#42745 Sep 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Except for The Affordable Care Act, which is already law.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#42746 Sep 30, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I already have my family covered and have paid my own way like Americans do.
I do not need a freeloading Communist minded ant-American screwing it up.
If you and your family are already covered and you are satisfied with the premium you are paying, then what is the problem? Just what could the ACA screw up for you? Okay so I get it, if the POTUS were a white republican you'd be all for it, right? Maybe if it were called "Cruz Control" or how about "Farent Hold"? Control your urgency to see a doctor or Hold your horses you can't afford it. Yea, sounds about right to me.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42747 Sep 30, 2013
Hawaii has the highest percentage of govt.workers at 29.7 per cent.How bout that, ALLEN? ROLLING ON THE FLOOR, FALLING DOWN, JUMPING UP AND DOWN, LAUGHING MY ARSE OFF ON THE FLOOR!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#42748 Sep 30, 2013
Who the hell is Farenthold?
100 Missions

Lexington, NC

#42749 Sep 30, 2013
Shut it down! Plain and simple shut it down. It is not the damn government that makes this country tick...it is not government over paid workers that it make it tick...it is the average man and woman busting their ass in the private sector. At this point shut it down and tell the idiots and criminals in DC to pack up and get the hell out. They have been pretty useless for the past 40 years or so anyway.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#42750 Oct 1, 2013
I think it is time to shut down congress as well. Obama could, by executive action stop their pay and lock them out . Since Obama is commander of the US military, who could stop him? I think it is more important to pay military on time than to pay congress at all. Keep the military , keep the IRS collecting taxes and just run the government from the administrative branch.
That would be the ideal republican government except run by democrats.
100 Missions wrote:
Shut it down! Plain and simple shut it down. It is not the damn government that makes this country tick...it is not government over paid workers that it make it tick...it is the average man and woman busting their ass in the private sector. At this point shut it down and tell the idiots and criminals in DC to pack up and get the hell out. They have been pretty useless for the past 40 years or so anyway.
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

#42751 Oct 1, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
I heard that!!!!

I got up this morning, the sky didn't fall and the government is "shut down". Works for me. I agree with you, run everyone in DC out including the POTUS and leave getting things done to the average man and woman.

It's only "non-essentials" that are going to stay home a couple days and they're probably glad for the break.

Everybody sign up for your Obamacare today, if not, the IRS is coming after you. I hear they'll beat you within an inch of your life with unnecessary paperwork they're famous for if you don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 1 hr emlu 1,754
Social Media and MacDill AFB warning. 1 hr emlu 16
why black men dont eat out 4 hr so true 15
Chad Bowman (Dec '13) 5 hr Justsayingdontkno... 52
Former Foothills Regional Airport employees ple... (Sep '12) 9 hr Heather 21
who is hiring? Thu pinkpanda 1
I need a ride to [and from] High Point. Oct 23 temporarily in Mo... 1
Morganton Dating
Find my Match

Morganton Jobs