Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42675 Sep 28, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of panic and air, Texans are now convinced that cows are the main cause of global warming. They are franticly trying to produce cattle that don't fart.
Don't hold your breath! Get it? ha ha ha!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42676 Sep 28, 2013
Allen, google"Alpine" Texas.I want to retire there.Elevation keeps it cool, views are beautiful, lots of artists there.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#42677 Sep 28, 2013
TSF wrote:
I didn't say his behavior was shocking. I said it was stupid .
<quoted text>
And yours isn't?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#42678 Sep 28, 2013
Look people, Obamacare came about in 2010. Yet in 2012 Obama was elected to a second term, in spite of Obamacare. Ted Cruz is not speaking on behalf of the American people, rather he is speaking for the tea party. If Obama did agree to defund it, they would in turn agree to keep it and claim it as their own.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#42679 Sep 28, 2013
TSF wrote:
"WE" didn't sell out to China. Republikan factory owners sold out to China. Caldwell County Commissioners, republikans, even gave them "incentives" to move to China .
It is true that NC was depressed before the republikans took over the governor's office and the legislature. But it is also true that the present republican governor and legislature are making moves to ascertain that we REMAIN depressed as long as republikans continue to move the state back to the 19 th century.
The only area of NC that has any significant natural gas under ground is the Raleigh/sandhills region. I do not care if they frack Raleigh, I have been saying frack Raleigh for years. Fracking isn't the problem. Refusing to monitor water quality is the problem.
Now, republikans in Raleigh are refusing to monitor water quality in streams and rivers like the filthy nasty Catawba. NC regulatory agencies (colloquially know as the EPA) have always been a paper tiger. Now they are a neutered paper tiger. It has never been environmental regulations hurting business in NC. Stupidity is what is hurting NC.
<quoted text>
Factory's did not sell out to China. Communist minded people like you run them out of the US with you stealing. Of course in the name of Taxes and excess regulations.
State of Florida

Davidson, NC

#42680 Sep 28, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Factory's did not sell out to China. Communist minded people like you run them out of the US with you stealing. Of course in the name of Taxes and excess regulations.
Taxpayer, I don't think the Communist will ever kill you, but your worrying about them just may.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#42681 Sep 28, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen, Cruz will continue to be very popular in Texas, as he reflects Texas views.The word you're looking for is"secede", not"recede". The debt ceiling will be raised, I'm sure of it.As far as that"ass whipping", I guess that's an ass whipping we'll have to take!
At lease he is trying. That's more then the other spineless Repubs. Dems or Repubs two side of the same coin.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42682 Sep 28, 2013
Allen wrote:
Look people, Obamacare came about in 2010. Yet in 2012 Obama was elected to a second term, in spite of Obamacare. Ted Cruz is not speaking on behalf of the American people, rather he is speaking for the tea party. If Obama did agree to defund it, they would in turn agree to keep it and claim it as their own.
He speaks for most Texans.Which is why he was elected.Which is why he will be elected the next election cycle as well. As for myself, I hope America does not default.I would rather Obamacare be fully in place, thebetter to destroy the democratic party.
TSF

Angier, NC

#42683 Sep 29, 2013
Silly me. I thought they moved to China for cheaper than the slave wages they were paying here and higher profit margins.. Probably the furniture factories were just going busted because they gave some laborer a nickel raise after 25 years working for them. Or maybe it was the excessive retirement packages of zero and a three dollar watch that they were providing for their laborers . There was a lot of stealing going on alright all right, but it wasn't the laborers. A gaggle of dead beat execs getting 2 million dollar "bonuses" to play golf 4 days a week couldn't have cost the company anything?
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Factory's did not sell out to China. Communist minded people like you run them out of the US with you stealing. Of course in the name of Taxes and excess regulations.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#42684 Sep 29, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> He speaks for most Texans.Which is why he was elected.Which is why he will be elected the next election cycle as well. As for myself, I hope America does not default.I would rather Obamacare be fully in place, thebetter to destroy the democratic party.
Did you not realize that when YOU yourself voted for Oboma you also voted for Obamacare? At first you were on the left of the fence, then you rode the fence, now you have taken a belly buster to the right of the fence. Ted cruz keeps using the words "The American People". The American People voted for Obamacare. The republicans continue to tell us we can't afford it. We can afford insurance on our homes, trucks, cars, boats, rv's, etc. Why not ourselves? We can afford to buy flat screen tv's, play stations, xboxes, iphones, ipads, ipods, guns, etc. and we can insure them. Why not ourselves? Truth is Obamacare can work and will work and once again Ted Cruz and his loyal followers will be left to eat crow as usual.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#42685 Sep 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Silly me. I thought they moved to China for cheaper than the slave wages they were paying here and higher profit margins.. Probably the furniture factories were just going busted because they gave some laborer a nickel raise after 25 years working for them. Or maybe it was the excessive retirement packages of zero and a three dollar watch that they were providing for their laborers . There was a lot of stealing going on alright all right, but it wasn't the laborers. A gaggle of dead beat execs getting 2 million dollar "bonuses" to play golf 4 days a week couldn't have cost the company anything?
<quoted text>
LOL How true.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42686 Sep 29, 2013
Allen I voted for Obama because I didn't understand the ramifications of his health care package, I believed it when he said more people would be insured, they would keep their doctors,etc. In fact, my sister has not only seen her rates double, she lost all of her doctors, doctors who had been treating her heart condition for years.This isn't about Obama, it's about a health care system that won't work as ADVERTISED!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42687 Sep 29, 2013
Sometimes, in my desire to see both sides of an issue I'm accused of"fence straddling".Make no mistake, seeing the other guys point of view isn't a weakness.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#42688 Sep 29, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen I voted for Obama because I didn't understand the ramifications of his health care package, I believed it when he said more people would be insured, they would keep their doctors,etc. In fact, my sister has not only seen her rates double, she lost all of her doctors, doctors who had been treating her heart condition for years.This isn't about Obama, it's about a health care system that won't work as ADVERTISED!
Why did she not just keep her previous insurance?
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#42689 Sep 29, 2013
In a few weeks, the U.S. will celebrate Columbus Day, but itís likely many Americans donít know that this holiday commemorates Christopher Columbus arriving in North America in 1492.Thatís because a series of recent studies have found that when it comes to our own history, Americans donít always make the grade. A 2010 survey found that more than 25% of Americans didnít know that we had gained our independence from Britain. China, Japan and France were all given as incorrect answers.And the results were even worse in a study by the U.S. Mint, which found that only 7% percent of Americans could name the first four U.S. Presidents in order: George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.In 2011, Newsweek magazine gave the official U.S. Citizenship Test to 1,000 Americans and found even more gaps in our collective knowledge. Only 27% of Americans knew which country we fought in the Cold War Ė the Soviet Union -- and even fewer, 25%, knew the name of the current Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, which is John Roberts.Scholars agree that one reason for the poor results is that America has a complex political system, which can take years to fully understand.And our unique government may never have happened if Columbus hadnít sailed across the ocean on the Titanic. At least, I think thatís the ship he took. Iím a little rusty on my U.S. HistoryÖ..

The reason that so call Americans do not know the history of Americans is the dumb down public school system.
.

.

.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#42690 Sep 29, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen I voted for Obama because I didn't understand the ramifications of his health care package, I believed it when he said more people would be insured, they would keep their doctors,etc. In fact, my sister has not only seen her rates double, she lost all of her doctors, doctors who had been treating her heart condition for years.This isn't about Obama, it's about a health care system that won't work as ADVERTISED!
So you want Obama to use the government to steal from others for you and your sister. Do you people think this money just come out of thin air. I pay for my own insurance you need to do the same. If you made the wrong choices that is on you. If you want to live in a fascist government controlled country then get out.
Just like that stupid woman who back over her 3 year old. Now she want the government to make it mandatory that back up cameras be installed on all cars. Just because she was lazy and stupid to check before she backed up. It is on her not the world. She should known were her 3 year old was. This country is free to succeed or fail it is on you not the others.
TSF

Angier, NC

#42691 Sep 29, 2013
Yes, and they, including you, are almost all republikans who skip class, sleep, disrupt ,will not read and blame teachers because they are not becoming nuclear scientists with no effort.
Everything is just horrible and its always someone else to blame.
It would have been better if these turds had been on the Titanic.
Taxpayer wrote:
In a few weeks, the U.S. will celebrate Columbus Day, but itís likely many Americans donít know that this holiday commemorates Christopher Columbus arriving in North America in 1492.Thatís because a series of recent studies have found that when it comes to our own history, Americans donít always make the grade. A 2010 survey found that more than 25% of Americans didnít know that we had gained our independence from Britain. China, Japan and France were all given as incorrect answers.And the results were even worse in a study by the U.S. Mint, which found that only 7% percent of Americans could name the first four U.S. Presidents in order: George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.In 2011, Newsweek magazine gave the official U.S. Citizenship Test to 1,000 Americans and found even more gaps in our collective knowledge. Only 27% of Americans knew which country we fought in the Cold War Ė the Soviet Union -- and even fewer, 25%, knew the name of the current Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, which is John Roberts.Scholars agree that one reason for the poor results is that America has a complex political system, which can take years to fully understand.And our unique government may never have happened if Columbus hadnít sailed across the ocean on the Titanic. At least, I think thatís the ship he took. Iím a little rusty on my U.S. HistoryÖ..
The reason that so call Americans do not know the history of Americans is the dumb down public school system.
.
.
.
TSF

Angier, NC

#42692 Sep 29, 2013
Exactly how your sisters dilemma is because of Obamacare is unclear since Obamacare hasn't even started yet. I had a flat tire last week and was stranded for 10 hours. Do you think Obamacare might have caused that?
waco1909 wrote:
Allen I voted for Obama because I didn't understand the ramifications of his health care package, I believed it when he said more people would be insured, they would keep their doctors,etc. In fact, my sister has not only seen her rates double, she lost all of her doctors, doctors who had been treating her heart condition for years.This isn't about Obama, it's about a health care system that won't work as ADVERTISED!
TSF

Angier, NC

#42693 Sep 29, 2013
For a 45 year old single person with a $23,000 annual income, the annual premium for Silver insurance (second best) will be about $5000. With the subsidy, your out of pocket will be $118 per month.
The tax credit ( subsidy) is only available to those who buy through the insurance exchange. NC republikans have opted you out of the exchange
PD Fitzzz

Hendersonville, NC

#42694 Sep 29, 2013
Richard Burr lost my vote, when he did not stand with/ vote with
other Republicans

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP for President 8 hr State of Florida 97
A Serious Look at Immigration 8 hr stuffed 163
New to town 9 hr Waco 1909 2
Morganton Music Thread (Nov '12) 11 hr Musikologist 12
2 cases of Voter Fraud out of 35 MILLION VOTES Fri Stink toes 30
I will never support the gay flag. Jul 29 greenman 2
Would you sleep with Karen Wynne of WLOS News 13?. Jul 29 Pecker 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages