Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Morganton Forum

Comments (Page 1,972)

Showing posts 39,421 - 39,440 of49,417
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Again slowly. C-a-l-l the S-E-C-R-E-T-A-R-Y of S-t-a-t-e. Perhaps she can explain why you cannot find it. If that doesn't work call the NC Attorney General. Perhaps he can explain if a non registered organization is illegally giving away money at $1.8 million dollars per whack to republikan politicians to pass financial legislation that favors the "contributors". Let me know what you find out. It should be interesting.
<quoted text>
Run Forest run.....
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Raleigh news & Observer
If the GOP represents a powerful wave of change, so be it. That’s democracy in action. But where’s the wave? Where’s the consensus on the things Republicans want to accomplish?
Instead, six months into the new order there is disorder. The GOP leadership had hoped to end the session by mid-June, or at least before the start of the new fiscal year on Monday. But now the session is rolling on because they can’t agree on budget and tax issues.
The two chambers are most sharply at odds over the size of tax cuts. State Budget Director Art Pope has sent lawmakers a plan for more gradual cuts. The governor himself has not said what he wants in the tax bill.
North Carolina has long prided itself on knowing how to move forward. But the proposed budgets say it should go back in various directions. It should reduce assistance to the needy, pare spending on public schools, tighten spending on health care and shrink the state’s higher education budget.
The House and Senate budgets call for reducing state spending in a growing state by hundreds of millions of dollars a year. And this bitter medicine comes as the state is fifth in the nation in unemployment, 46th in teacher pay and alone among the states in failing to accept a federal extension of unemployment benefits.
The Republican budget and tax measures might be slightly less unacceptable if the party offered them with a sense of unity and confidence. Instead, the proposals emerge from a party in disarray. The governor’s budget chief is shopping a tax plan that the governor has not endorsed. The Senate is freezing action on all House bills until the House gives ground on the Senate’s tax proposal. The heads of the House Finance Committee and the Senate Finance Committee – two men who presumably are among the General Assembly’s experts on budgets and taxes – have resigned amid disagreements with GOP leaders.
Meanwhile,
Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/06/29/299870...
Yep, gotta love those "Editorials and OPINION" pages. Doesn't even give the name of the writer, wait....hummmm...the initials TSF come to mind.......run, run
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

"In a major concession to business groups, the Obama administration Tuesday unexpectedly announced a one-year delay, until after the 2014 elections, in a central requirement of the new health care law that many companies provide coverage for their workers or face fines." "Tuesday’s action — announced while Obama was traveling back to Washington from his trip to Africa — is sure to anger liberals and labor groups. But it could provide cover for Democratic candidates in next year’s congressional elections." Whose manipulating the voters now? Was not this supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread??? "Health care for all", now it's "Health care for all after you vote". Now who's buying votes? Sounds like the Democrats.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF you should pay lay off the op eds and download"BBC NEWS APP". AS UNBIASED AS IT gets. Incredibly informative.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Chinese banks are refusing to make loans to one another, the Chinese economy teeters on the brink. Don't think it will affect you? Think again.
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Hello Bacon. I never thought any voter fraud was OK. I just thought that voter ID fraud was such an insignificant non problem that it did not warrant the expenditure of millions on top of millions to prevent 2 people from voting with improper ID. On the other hand, republikan VOTE BUYING ON A MASSIVE SCALE was proven in Caldwell County and three persons got prison time as a result. But curiously, republikans never wanted to even discuss VOTE BUYING ON A MASSIVE SCALE but chose instead to focus on voter ID which was never a problem to start with. As a volunteer during the last election, I was assigned the task of helping with provisional ballots. All provisional voter applicants produced ID voluntarily without hesitation. Voter ID just isn't a real problem.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey TSF and everyone else. Home for a medical visit for my dad and had to check out Topix.
TSF, how do you pick and choose your arguments over what flavor of "harassment" of the day by the government is right or wrong? I remember how you vehemently thought it was ok for a handful of people in NC to commit voter fraud; however, you tell us the DUTY of the IRS is stop tax fraud. Is it not the the DUTY of the board of elections to investigate and have voter fraud investigated? The DUTY of any government agency is to ensure there isn't fraud in their agency no matter how small or large the agency might be. Wrong is wrong whether it's tax fraud or voting fraud.
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Charlotte Ovbserver reports today that NSA is RECORDING over 100 million telephone conversations PER DAY . That includes Skype, Google voice, etc and in addition to all email texts, blog posts, etc.. Previously , NSA was claiming they just recorded the numbers of calls made and received.
So congress (both parties) and Obama are making a huge production , screaming traitor, about Snowden who told what everyone already knew-- that congress (both parties) had approved the spying on Americans. The American public, as well as other nations, are pissed. So lets focus on Snowden instead of those actually responsible.
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I like BBC news and agree that they are not controlled by the same organizations as US news sources. But I think they might also be somewhat controlled. For instance , on Sept. 11, 2001, BBC news came on the air live announcing that WTC Building 7 had just collapsed. But Building 7 was still standing in the background behind the female announcer and Building 7 didn't actually collapse until around 20 minutes later. The broadcast was abruptly ended just as someone happened to notice that the building was still standing. OOps.
waco1909 wrote:
TSF you should pay lay off the op eds and download"BBC NEWS APP". AS UNBIASED AS IT gets. Incredibly informative.
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Thanks for the confidence. Did you suspect me as the author because its the truth or because it exposes republikans? Hint: Notice the way they spell corruption. N&O spells it republican, I spell it republiKan.(:
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, gotta love those "Editorials and OPINION" pages. Doesn't even give the name of the writer, wait....hummmm...the initials TSF come to mind.......run, run
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Thanks for the confidence. Did you suspect me as the author because its the truth or because it exposes republikans? Hint: Notice the way they spell corruption. N&O spells it republican, I spell it republiKan.(:
<quoted text>
No way you wrote it, you would have shown more Democratic bias. BTW, any opinion on the let's buy votes by "Obamacare Delay"? Didn't think so.......run.......run

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I like BBC news and agree that they are not controlled by the same organizations as US news sources. But I think they might also be somewhat controlled. For instance , on Sept. 11, 2001, BBC news came on the air live announcing that WTC Building 7 had just collapsed. But Building 7 was still standing in the background behind the female announcer and Building 7 didn't actually collapse until around 20 minutes later. The broadcast was abruptly ended just as someone happened to notice that the building was still standing. OOps.
<quoted text>
The Russian news media are extremely pro government, almost useless. By the way, liberals in the UK make american liberals look like Glenn Beck. It's all relative. Chinese economy is in bad shape. Check out the article on BBC. This will affect us all.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Hello Bacon. I never thought any voter fraud was OK. I just thought that voter ID fraud was such an insignificant non problem that it did not warrant the expenditure of millions on top of millions to prevent 2 people from voting with improper ID. On the other hand, republikan VOTE BUYING ON A MASSIVE SCALE was proven in Caldwell County and three persons got prison time as a result. But curiously, republikans never wanted to even discuss VOTE BUYING ON A MASSIVE SCALE but chose instead to focus on voter ID which was never a problem to start with. As a volunteer during the last election, I was assigned the task of helping with provisional ballots. All provisional voter applicants produced ID voluntarily without hesitation. Voter ID just isn't a real problem.
<quoted text>
Hey, at least Caldwell County TRIED to hide it, unlike the Democrats that plainly came out and said we will delay Healthcare TAX/FEE/PENALTY until you vote for us. That's OK right, that's not buying votes right? Run.....run....
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Since all the money we owe them is payment on demand, what if they demand payment? We will all be screwed. Even if they don't demand immediate payment, if they are low on cash, it might come to pass that they would no longer loan the US money. There again, we are screwed because we couldn't spend on welfare to the rich, poor and finance useless wars on camel drivers.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The Russian news media are extremely pro government, almost useless. By the way, liberals in the UK make american liberals look like Glenn Beck. It's all relative. Chinese economy is in bad shape. Check out the article on BBC. This will affect us all.
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Well. We are making progress because now you at least admit that the massive and pervasive republican vote buying happened.
Naturally the guilty tried to hide it, especially their involvement in the vote buying. The system still works because only three of the fall guys for the criminal vote buying bastards got prison time.
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, at least Caldwell County TRIED to hide it, unlike the Democrats that plainly came out and said we will delay Healthcare TAX/FEE/PENALTY until you vote for us. That's OK right, that's not buying votes right? Run.....run....
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

My favorite UK headline was the one that said "Iron lady Thatcher ,, rust in peace"
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The Russian news media are extremely pro government, almost useless. By the way, liberals in the UK make american liberals look like Glenn Beck. It's all relative. Chinese economy is in bad shape. Check out the article on BBC. This will affect us all.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Well. We are making progress because now you at least admit that the massive and pervasive republican vote buying happened.
Naturally the guilty tried to hide it, especially their involvement in the vote buying. The system still works because only three of the fall guys for the criminal vote buying bastards got prison time.
<quoted text>
No progress here, YOU are still in denial or maybe just unwilling to admit the Democrats are doing the same thing. Besides, when did that happen in Caldwell County? "Roger Lee Hutchings, Democratic candidate for the 2002 Caldwell County Sheriff's election, and William F. Wall, Jr., Democratic candidate for one of two seats on the Caldwell County Board of Commissioners, appeal a judgment filed 21 February 2002 affirming the State Board of Elections order denying a newelection.
Between 17 October and 2 November 2002, Caldwell County conducted “early voting” for qualified voters at the Board of Elections Office in Lenoir, North Carolina. The general election was not officially held until 5 November 2002. Candidates in the sheriff's election were Roger Hutchings, a Democrat, and Gary Clark, a Republican. Upon tabulation of the votes, Clark was victorious, receiving 11,588 votes (51.58%). Hutchings only received 10,842 votes (48.34%), losing by a margin of 746 votes." 2002 are you kidding me, a decade....run. BTW: PUBLISHED
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT "A jury convicted him on all counts,
and the district judge sentenced him under the Sentencing Guidelines to 33 months’ imprisonment, selecting the maximum sentence under
the applicable guideline range because of the "extensive disruption of
a government service" that Shatley caused."
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

"LENOIR —

Caldwell County’s unemployment rate edged up slightly in May, but by less than in most other counties in the state.

The county’s unemployment rate was 10.3 percent, up from 10 percent in April, the N.C. Department of Commerce reported Tuesday.

Recent signs of economic growth may have actually contributed to the slight rise in the rate, said Deborah Murray, executive director of the Caldwell County Economic Development Commission.

"We have expected our unemployment rate to bump up in the next months because there is more confidence in the economy, so more people are out looking for work," she said.

People who have given up looking for work and whose benefits have expired do not get counted in the unemployment rate, but when they start to look again they do." Imagine that, take away the free lunch and suddenly people are looking for work. Think the Republicans are on to something?
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

So April 2013 had an increase in unemployment because republikans just passed a cut off of benefits day before yesterday on July 1, 2013. That is weak logic, even for a republican.
LMAO.:) FYI, July comes 3 months in time AFTER APRIL.
And Deborah Murray concludes that more people looking for work caused the unemployment rate to go up? Now why would Deborah make a goofy statement like that? Now, lets see here, Murray is the Economic Development director and higher unemployment makes it look (correctly) like she isn't doing her job. Uhh, excuse me? Could it be that the unemployment rate went up exactly because more people are out of work? Murray isn't that stupid, but she knows that most weak minded Caldwell County republikans are.

Yep. you are definitely the poster child for republikan stupidity
and Murray is your EDC director. Good luck to you. You will be needing luck
justasayin wrote:
"LENOIR —
Caldwell County’s unemployment rate edged up slightly in May, but by less than in most other counties in the state.
The county’s unemployment rate was 10.3 percent, up from 10 percent in April, the N.C. Department of Commerce reported Tuesday.
Recent signs of economic growth may have actually contributed to the slight rise in the rate, said Deborah Murray, executive director of the Caldwell County Economic Development Commission.
"We have expected our unemployment rate to bump up in the next months because there is more confidence in the economy, so more people are out looking for work," she said.
People who have given up looking for work and whose benefits have expired do not get counted in the unemployment rate, but when they start to look again they do." Imagine that, take away the free lunch and suddenly people are looking for work. Think the Republicans are on to something?
justasayin

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Chinese banks are refusing to make loans to one another, the Chinese economy teeters on the brink. Don't think it will affect you? Think again.
Sweetie, why don't you discuss something on topix you're an experienced expert at like pedophiles, necrophiliacs, psychopaths, homosexuality (anal and oral sex) and your Boy George blow up doll. Emlu's justasayin, sweetie.
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Republikan version of democracy in action in the NC Senate .
Senate leader Phil Berger: "The gallery is to remain silent. The senators on the floor are the only voices that matter."

Happy 4 th of July to all on this anniversary of our independence from tyranny and taxation without representation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,421 - 39,440 of49,417
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morganton Discussions

Search the Morganton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
wilson creek closing 36 min crazy 3
Brad Ashley 58 min Wondering 1
curtis hooks 1 hr crazy 12
Gospel news: Big night of music coming to Don G... 13 hr Nathaniel roland 1
Taylor Jordan and Autumn Jordan I hope u know I... (Apr '13) Thu tenn man 8
Review: Jays Outdoor Solutions Wed Mike and Elllen McDonald 1
snitches (Dec '11) Apr 15 Kab 20
•••
•••