Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

I DID READ IT. The author is confusing the deficit with the debt. Two different things but the same in math challenged minds. I am surprised that you didn't recognize that Robert..
We certainly ARE NOT running an annual deficit of over 100 trillion dollars. That's a stretch, even for a republican. However, I do not disagree with the POSSIBILITY of the US having a DEBT of over 100 trillion dollars 30 years from now if action isn't taken.
One thing that I think Obama is correct on is that IF we reduce the ANNUAL DEFICIT by 4 trillion dollars, our financial problems would pretty much be solved. The key word is IF. It will not happen soon because just yesterday, the democrat senate voted to give away another $1 trillion dollars of money to rich agro-business that we have to borrow and the house will approve that and Obama will sign it. With these corrupt bastards increasing the debt 5.8% in just one day to please lobbyist , the Earth itself could wobble from the weight of the dollars needed to pay off the US national debt 30 years from now.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>read the whole article, T. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/350983/...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I DID READ IT. The author is confusing the deficit with the debt. Two different things but the same in math challenged minds. I am surprised that you didn't recognize that Robert..
We certainly ARE NOT running an annual deficit of over 100 trillion dollars. That's a stretch, even for a republican. However, I do not disagree with the POSSIBILITY of the US having a DEBT of over 100 trillion dollars 30 years from now if action isn't taken.
One thing that I think Obama is correct on is that IF we reduce the ANNUAL DEFICIT by 4 trillion dollars, our financial problems would pretty much be solved. The key word is IF. It will not happen soon because just yesterday, the democrat senate voted to give away another $1 trillion dollars of money to rich agro-business that we have to borrow and the house will approve that and Obama will sign it. With these corrupt bastards increasing the debt 5.8% in just one day to please lobbyist , the Earth itself could wobble from the weight of the dollars needed to pay off the US national debt 30 years from now.
<quoted text>
I thought it might be too complicated for you to understand. The key term to remember is "unfunded liability.".
cole

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

"Coverage may be unaffordable for low-wage workers"
WASHINGTON It's called the Affordable Care Act, but President Barack Obama's health care law may turn out to be unaffordable for many low-wage workers, including employees at big chain restaurants, retail stores and hotels. http://www.telegram.com/article/20130613/NEWS...
No kidding, been said how many times???
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Republikans in the house and senate have known about and approved the phone and email eavesdropping of all US citizens for years. This has been occurring with the full support of congress on both sides.
BOTH SIDES
<quoted text>
So why not say "Congress" instead of "Republicans", again, bias does nothing to prove your point. It's like saying "a white man robbed a liquor store" instead of "a man robbed a liquor store". OR, you could say "BOTH SIDES" but no, YOU always say what......???
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Which party is pretending this has been happening without their knowledge and approval? That would be republikans Which party is creating fear and hatred of our US security agencies? That would be republikans. Why are republikans doing this? To obstruct Obama and try to gain political points, even at the expense of destroying the patriotism of Americans. Since Obama will not be running for president again , why are republikans campaigning against Obama? Because they are stupid and have nothing positive to contribute.
Who robbed the national treasury? That would be congress and their lobbyist .
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>So why not say "Congress" instead of "Republicans", again, bias does nothing to prove your point. It's like saying "a white man robbed a liquor store" instead of "a man robbed a liquor store". OR, you could say "BOTH SIDES" but no, YOU always say what......???
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Unfunded liability such as $1 trillion dollars to agro-business?
That on top the unfunded liability of an additional $1.3 trillion dollars to other rich persons and corporations? No, I will not skip the unfunded liability of $0.987 trillion dollars to social programs. The point is that stealing granny's social security just isn't going to be enough to pull us out with all this unfunded liability in welfare to the rich.
On the other hand, if we were to get serious and cut out all unfunded liabilities, starting with the most expensive ones to the rich and working our way down, our fiscal dilemma could be solved.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it might be too complicated for you to understand. The key term to remember is "unfunded liability.".
Cole

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Which party is pretending this has been happening without their knowledge and approval? That would be republikans Which party is creating fear and hatred of our US security agencies? That would be republikans. Why are republikans doing this? To obstruct Obama and try to gain political points, even at the expense of destroying the patriotism of Americans. Since Obama will not be running for president again , why are republikans campaigning against Obama? Because they are stupid and have nothing positive to contribute.
<quoted text>
you are beginning to sound shrill.Obama,right now,is destroying the country.That's why Obama is being discussed.Obama has almost no responses to the recent scandals.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

It isn't complicated enough to conceal it's obvious errors in attempting to blend annual deficits with cumulative debt.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it might be too complicated for you to understand. The key term to remember is "unfunded liability.".
Cole

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

This isn't about lobbyists.Its about a president who uses IRS to intimidate political opponents.Its no shock that Obama denies federal disaster aid to states that voted against him.Obama froze American response to Bengazi to save Muslims.Obama is giving F-15 jets to Egypt? They certainly are not allies of America.Oh,that's right.They're Muslims.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Right now, republikans are destroying our country. Thats why I am calling them out. Obama was stupid to even respond at all to the spying that was started under Dubya Bush-- with congressional approval of both parties.. Obama was stupid to fail to stop the spying on Americans that has been ongoing since 2002. It has served little useful purpose over the last 10 years, has consumed huge mounts of money and has invaded privacy in conflict with our constitution.
Cole wrote:
<quoted text> you are beginning to sound shrill.Obama,right now,is destroying the country.That's why Obama is being discussed.Obama has almost no responses to the recent scandals.
Cole

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Right now, republikans are destroying our country. Thats why I am calling them out. Obama was stupid to even respond at all to the spying that was started under Dubya Bush-- with congressional approval of both parties.. Obama was stupid to fail to stop the spying on Americans that has been ongoing since 2002. It has served little useful purpose over the last 10 years, has consumed huge mounts of money and has invaded privacy in conflict with our constitution.
<quoted text>
Obama is buried in scandal.Obama is about to sign a treaty thst gives UN troops the authority to enforce gun regulations in our country.While you still maintain that republicans are the problem.Obama betrays us all,while you bitch about republican snafus of the past.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

IF Obama signs away our rights to the UN, he will become a traitor just like Dubya Bush when he cancelled the constitution and started spying on Americans. The political party of a traitor does not change the fact that he is a traitor.
Cole wrote:
<quoted text> Obama is buried in scandal.Obama is about to sign a treaty thst gives UN troops the authority to enforce gun regulations in our country.While you still maintain that republicans are the problem.Obama betrays us all,while you bitch about republican snafus of the past.
Cole

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
IF Obama signs away our rights to the UN, he will become a traitor just like Dubya Bush when he cancelled the constitution and started spying on Americans. The political party of a traitor does not change the fact that he is a traitor.
<quoted text>
He is expected to sign tomorrow.Easy come,easy go? Remember this TSF.We are all in this together.
waco1909

Kenmore, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Obama has betrayed the Gay Community by not nationally legalizing same sex marriages.Our struggle and fight for Gay Rights marches on.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess there is not one other "party" member involved in the hearings??? BS, "Hatred" your kidding me right? Again, ONLY Republicans? BS, Obstruct? Obstruct what? BS. NO one has been able to "obstruct" anything. Remember Obamacare? How can ANYONE take away an American's "patriotism"? You are so fast to call people "stupid" and yet your party bias, shows what? Please remember there are a few Democrats in Congress, I guess they "robbed" as well.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
When the patriot act passed, I thought the government would go this far. It is old news that every phone call and every email has been recorded since around late 2002. That has been on the internet and on the blogs for years. So why is the issue being pumped up today? What else is happening that needs this diversion of the public's attention??
<quoted text>
You need to read the "Act" and then look at the Articles that were extended. Most were set to expire. Here ya go: "On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011,[2] a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act:[3] roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.[4]" "On Saturday, February 27, 2010, President Barack Obama signed into law legislation that would temporarily extend for one year, three controversial provisions of the Patriot Act that had been set to expire:[178][179][180]

Authorize court-approved roving wiretaps that permit surveillance on multiple phones.
Allow court-approved seizure of records and property in anti-terrorism operations.
Permit surveillance against a so-called lone wolf, a non-U.S. citizen engaged in terrorism who may not be part of a recognized terrorist group.[181]" "On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama used an Autopen to sign the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011,[2] a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act while he was in France:[3]roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.[4] Republican leaders[184] questioned if the use of the Autopen met the constitutional requirements for signing a bill into law.[185]"
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Oh hell, if he used an "autopen" then the whole thing is illegal even thought republikans and democrats passed the bills and presented them to the president for signing..
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>You need to read the "Act" and then look at the Articles that were extended. Most were set to expire. Here ya go: "On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011,[2] a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act:[3] roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.[4]" "On Saturday, February 27, 2010, President Barack Obama signed into law legislation that would temporarily extend for one year, three controversial provisions of the Patriot Act that had been set to expire:[178][179][180]
Authorize court-approved roving wiretaps that permit surveillance on multiple phones.
Allow court-approved seizure of records and property in anti-terrorism operations.
Permit surveillance against a so-called lone wolf, a non-U.S. citizen engaged in terrorism who may not be part of a recognized terrorist group.[181]" "On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama used an Autopen to sign the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011,[2] a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act while he was in France:[3]roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.[4] Republican leaders[184] questioned if the use of the Autopen met the constitutional requirements for signing a bill into law.[185]"
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

OK ,here it is . Finally republikans in Raleigh have presented a bill, which if passed, I like.
Non profits will be allowed to have "gaming nights"
which would allow poker games, black jack games , craps, roulette wheels ,etc as fund raisers. I see great potential here (and profits) for my non profit organization to generate competition for the Cherokee Indians. Our financial problems could finally have been solved by-- believe it or not---republikans. We may even have to hire large numbers of people to "administer" this program.
Allen martel ho

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Obama has betrayed the Gay Community by not nationally legalizing same sex marriages.Our struggle and fight for Gay Rights marches on.
Yep,Pretending be Waco.But the thoughts expressed are mine.Sometimes,I wonder what. It would be like to be Waco,Waco is smart,I hate Waco.
THX 1198

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

America doesnt stand for anything anymore,and when you stand for nothing,its easy to get walked on.Seems to me that America is ripe for a person with strong views,a person with easy solutions.America now,is where Germany was in the nineteen thirties.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Morganton Forum right now

Search the Morganton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
im looking for madisyn or kt eckard 26 min Here 5
Does anyone remember the store on Virginia Stre... 1 hr Curious 6
Does the Hudson Rec Center support same sex mar... 1 hr lol what 2
blonde on wilson street 3 hr dumb 43
The Alibi 4 hr Shazamm 3
Mitchell Clark The Old Drunk Loser (Mar '12) 4 hr He must be 205
Melanie's Hometown Pharmacy 4 hr Hmmm 5
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Burke County was issued at July 31 at 3:59PM EDT