Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
WACO 1954

League City, TX

#28362 Nov 15, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
These petitions to peacefully withdraw so a common unity around the principles that the Founders united around. Remember, the Revolutionary War was not wanted by the majority of the people. Neither was the War of Northern Aggression. But both were fought on principles and both were fought because of an oppressive government.
The City of Austin now desires to peacefully withdraw, secede, from the state of Texas.By the way i'm not a communist old boy.Neither am I a republican.Do you favor another American Civil War? Are your also aware that China.the must populous communist country on earth, is becoming more"capitalist"ever y day? Are you aware that things evolve, change, constantly? Are you totally inflexible in your thinking? If so, why?
working man

United States

#28363 Nov 15, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got to hear the answer to this one. The price of healthcare will actually increase. For the benefit of Mike, I didn't hear this on Fox News or Rush; I got it straight from the horse's mouth. Government healthcare providers are even having to decide where to cut on services provided to patients.
that your problem fox new
Farm girl

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28364 Nov 15, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Here you go again with drawing the line at his 'rights'. No one is disputing if it is his 'right'. What I am disputing is, what is the right thing to do? Is it right to cuts employee hours just to have such a large house? Is it moral? I would like to hear your opinion of its morality?
Your statement helps to prove my point. Republicans often think if it is not against the law, then their are no other boundaries in business.
AGAIN, I'm an Independent, my OPINION is if someone has acquired, through good business practices, a 150,000 square foot house and then because of the political change/policy, to keep what I have personally, I have to lay off people, then I will. I do not expect people to LOWER a lifestyle because of a policy set by someone else. I do not see this as a "moral" issue, I see it as a "political" issue. I will never change your mind and you will never change mine. I will give you my opinion on morals when it is not in reference to a political issue. Explain "boundaries" in business.
working man

United States

#28365 Nov 15, 2012
We should get rid of fox news it poison
WACO 1954

League City, TX

#28366 Nov 15, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got to hear the answer to this one. The price of healthcare will actually increase. For the benefit of Mike, I didn't hear this on Fox News or Rush; I got it straight from the horse's mouth. Government healthcare providers are even having to decide where to cut on services provided to patients.
Anybody got any up-to-date info on how the healthcare system Romney started in Mass.is doing? Pro or con?

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#28367 Nov 15, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
These petitions to peacefully withdraw so a common unity around the principles that the Founders united around. Remember, the Revolutionary War was not wanted by the majority of the people. Neither was the War of Northern Aggression. But both were fought on principles and both were fought because of an oppressive government.
Here here

Location hidden

#28368 Nov 15, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Here you go again with drawing the line at his 'rights'. No one is disputing if it is his 'right'. What I am disputing is, what is the right thing to do? Is it right to cuts employee hours just to have such a large house? Is it moral? I would like to hear your opinion of its morality?

Your statement helps to prove my point. Republicans often think if it is not against the law, then their are no other boundaries in business.
Who are you to pass judgement on what is or is not moral? If you don't like the way papajohns does business, you don't have to spend your money with them.

Location hidden

#28369 Nov 15, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see all the republicans here cannot understand the differences between 'rights' and what is the right thing to do.

Papa John has the right to cut his employees hours if he wants. And I have the right to boycott his business. I have the right to organize others to do so. You see, I am using my rights to right his wrong. This is how capitalism works.

I am not advocating making his cutting hours illegal.
So I am not disputing his right to run his business as he pleases in this sense. I am just protesting his business because he is immoral in how he treats his employees.

How would you address a business that you felt was treating his employees poorly? Do you just do nothing? If so, then you are partly to blame for these problems.

Strangely, republicans do not understand a critical element of capitalism. And that is the power of the voting dollar.

If you are going to promote capitalism, then I suggest you use your voting dollar carefully to make the system work well. Buying without concern is why capitalism produced immoral businessmen.

Maybe you should read a book on libertarian theory.
All straw man opinion.

Location hidden

#28370 Nov 15, 2012
emlu wrote:
Wow, Eurozone is looking bleak! http://www.ft.com/intl/globaleconomy Looking bad folks.
Our economy doing poorly affects all others. Democrats are failing to see the land in spite of the forest.

Location hidden

#28371 Nov 15, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to capitalism. In capitalism, if the business cannot produce more income than costs, it will go out of business. Now if you wish to tell me a business cannot provide health care and make money, then I will need some evidence. As we know, many businesses do this now and thrive. If you look at the best example of Obama care, you need only look to Massachusetts. Are businesses all closing down there? Nope.
If a business is running so close to cost/profit numbers that the added health care does cause it to shut down, that business would likely have shut down soon anyway from some other cause that reduced its profits.
Papa Johns is not running that close of profit numbers, so that business has no excuse to treat its employees poorly. It is clear, the motives of Papa Johns is pure greed.
Keep supporting that greed and we will all suffer.
You really should pick another business model to beat this drum on, Papa Johns are independently owned so you can not possibly know the numbers. They all have different business models, so you are specking in hypothetical circumstances. What is it you always point out to me, prove your points. The Papa Johns in my area is barely making it. I picked up a pizza last night and talked to the manager while I waited. He said that business is really starting to drop off.
jughead

League City, TX

#28372 Nov 15, 2012
Emlu keep on acting like businessmen are immune from morals....

Location hidden

#28373 Nov 15, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>Rebublicans= So busy worrying about what the own, they have forgotten there is anyone else.

I'd bet $100.00 to a hole in a doughnut, you would'nt give a dime to see a gnat eat a bale of hay.
And you'd be a hundred dollars more rich.
working man

United States

#28374 Nov 15, 2012
We to the store to get coffee this morning
And the girl that works there told me
That she could pay her bill because
Obama she was a republican I asked
Why she said because he is a baby killer
Stupid bitch well when her republican
Boss fire for no reason maybe she will
Wake up you really got these people
Hooked don't you

Location hidden

#28375 Nov 15, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, maybe you should look up the word 'communism' and see if democrats fit the definition.

Learn the English language and get back to us.
Have already shown how the ideologies align and linked the communist manifesto for review.

Location hidden

#28376 Nov 15, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do Democrats advocate the government own, and manage the production and distribution of goods? Nope. So your charges of democrats being communist are just false.
This being false, just makes your rants look silly. Grow up and use the correct words for the situation. You sound like a fool otherwise. I just cannot take any post that uses the word communism as you do, seriously. It is such a distraction, I find it hard to focus on any of your concerns.
Of course, selectively using "parts" instead of the whole thing. Reread the communist manifesto, communism is more than just state run production or distribution of goods.
working man

United States

#28377 Nov 15, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN, I'm an Independent, my OPINION is if someone has acquired, through good business practices, a 150,000 square foot house and then because of the political change/policy, to keep what I have personally, I have to lay off people, then I will. I do not expect people to LOWER a lifestyle because of a policy set by someone else. I do not see this as a "moral" issue, I see it as a "political" issue. I will never change your mind and you will never change mine. I will give you my opinion on morals when it is not in reference to a political issue. Explain "boundaries" in business.
your
Watching fox and your in the middle not to
Me sound far right to me I watch fox but its
Trash I watch to laugh to laugh my self
And msnbc there funny

Location hidden

#28378 Nov 15, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>You really should pick another business model to beat this drum on, Papa Johns are independently owned so you can not possibly know the numbers. They all have different business models, so you are specking in hypothetical circumstances. What is it you always point out to me, prove your points. The Papa Johns in my area is barely making it. I picked up a pizza last night and talked to the manager while I waited. He said that business is really starting to drop off.
Miley is an expert at everything and has all the answers. He stayed in a holiday express.

Location hidden

#28379 Nov 15, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see all the republicans here cannot understand the differences between 'rights' and what is the right thing to do.
Papa John has the right to cut his employees hours if he wants. And I have the right to boycott his business. I have the right to organize others to do so. You see, I am using my rights to right his wrong. This is how capitalism works.
I am not advocating making his cutting hours illegal.
So I am not disputing his right to run his business as he pleases in this sense. I am just protesting his business because he is immoral in how he treats his employees.
How would you address a business that you felt was treating his employees poorly? Do you just do nothing? If so, then you are partly to blame for these problems.
Strangely, republicans do not understand a critical element of capitalism. And that is the power of the voting dollar.
If you are going to promote capitalism, then I suggest you use your voting dollar carefully to make the system work well. Buying without concern is why capitalism produced immoral businessmen.
Maybe you should read a book on libertarian theory.
Libertarian "theory".the·o·ry
&#8194; &#8194;[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee] Show IPA
noun, plural the·o·ries.
a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity. Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.
a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.
Mathematics . a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.
the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice: music theory.
a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles: conflicting theories of how children best learn to read.
Sorry Mike had to do it.

Location hidden

#28380 Nov 15, 2012
jughead wrote:
Emlu keep on acting like businessmen are immune from morals....
Are good business practices moral?

Location hidden

#28381 Nov 15, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>You really should pick another business model to beat this drum on, Papa Johns are independently owned so you can not possibly know the numbers. They all have different business models, so you are specking in hypothetical circumstances. What is it you always point out to me, prove your points. The Papa Johns in my area is barely making it. I picked up a pizza last night and talked to the manager while I waited. He said that business is really starting to drop off.
And that was probably happening long before the first mention of cutting hours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know caroline turbyfill 16 hr Danielle828 3
does anyone not care about whats going on at st... 23 hr Dick Tracy 3
please report all foodstamp fraud. Sat billy 1
Pat McGoofy Sat Dick Tracy 1
tuscaloosa dumpling? Jul 22 olde-timey procto... 3
Go TRUMP! Jul 22 Tranny Anne 1
cooks garage and salvage (Dec '09) Jul 21 chris 39

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance