Blue Ridge Electric CEO compensation 806,749.00 dollars

Posted in the Morganton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
2 Young

Zionville, NC

#1 May 26, 2013
$806,749.00 in compensation for the CEO of Blue Ridge Electric according to their 2011 IRS 990. Are you satisfied with that figure? The largest co-op in the United States, Pedernales Electric reported their CEO's compensation at 278,226.00 dollars in 2011.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#2 May 26, 2013
It sounds like too much money for anyone running such a small operation until you divide by 12 and realize that he is only getting $67,229 dollars per MONTH or $2240 dollars per Day. Playing golf and making certain that the membership is treated like crap takes a special person. Whatsamattau dumb ass hill billies don't think we should have a royalty class in Caldwell?? Geese!
BREMCO Employee

Lenoir, NC

#3 May 27, 2013
Doug needs every bit of salary he can get. He just bought his wife, who is his former adm assistance, an award for her lifetime involvement in community service. She is very high maintenance, but they deserve each other..
Respect

Newton, NC

#4 May 27, 2013
Don't care about this love Blue Ridge Electric better than Duke Energy
4Ward

West Jefferson, NC

#5 May 29, 2013
Better than Duke??? Where do you think BREMCO gets the power???- then adds their middle man costs and sells it to you. No messy generating plants. By the way - how do they justify paying this fellow this much when the president of the USA has a salary of $400,000? What do we get for all of this - a monopoly and deteriorating customer service.
4Ward

West Jefferson, NC

#6 May 29, 2013
What's the deal with the smart meters? Don't they emit radiation? What about the expense for these? I guess if you have all that money for salaries and an endless resource of income, you can purchase these expensive little items. How come the "member/owners" were not allowed to voice any concerns before these were installed?
Clem Labine

Loris, SC

#7 May 29, 2013
It is an outrage the pay that Blue Ridge customers are putting up with, sounds like the city leaders inthat crooked California town. They need to be in jail! Vote the bastards out ,people
So what

Washington, DC

#8 May 29, 2013
The president and chief executive of Duke Energy Corp. made a total of $8.8 million, including stocks, stock options, a pension plan and additional perks.(2010)

http://www.journalnow.com/business/article_99...
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#9 May 29, 2013
Clem Labine wrote:
It is an outrage the pay that Blue Ridge customers are putting up with, sounds like the city leaders inthat crooked California town. They need to be in jail! Vote the bastards out ,people
True that, how many "outraged" members voted at the meetings? Most tossed the "proxy ballet" in the trash and gave them exactly what they wanted, the power.
So what

Washington, DC

#10 May 29, 2013
The median expected salary for a typical Chief Executive Officer in the United States is $749,677.
Not including bonuses!
Whats_Up_Doc

Sparta, NC

#11 May 29, 2013
I'm for people making money, but making $800,000 just because your a "government sactioned monolopy" is croynism at it's worst. And isn't BREMCO in debt or something?
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#12 May 29, 2013
Your earned income credit checks would be much larger if we didn't pay the CEO and others so much money. I really want to keep my money instead of giving it to Doug and others. If you want him to make a lot, just send him a personal check and let me keep my money.
sparta memberonwer lol

Sparta, NC

#13 May 29, 2013
starters, the member-owner facade is totally false, as the board amended the bylaws 10 years ago to state, regardless of what the members vote...the Board can do as it please, which is to stuff their pockets and those of their top dogs while offering a payment plan to seniors on fixed incomes so their power will not be shut off.....pillars of the community
Big Picture

Sherrills Ford, NC

#14 May 30, 2013
This is how things work in the US now. A few people make more money than they can spend, and the rest work at low income jobs if they can find one. Soon-- especially in NC-- worker protections like minimum wage, overtime pay, teacher tenure, etc. will be gone. Then you get to work longer hours for less pay so people like Doug can make twice as much as they make now. Then you can applaud him and those like him for all their hard work.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#15 May 30, 2013
If there is anyone out there whose power bill went down after the installation of the self reading meters, I would like to hear from them. No, the meters do not emit radiation any more than the old ones did. No, the power meters are not spying on tea party members. Yes , the meters save money by eliminating the expense of human meter readers riding around looking a meters and getting dog bit. Are the new meters measuring power usage accurately? No, they are increasing your usage by calculations which ignore the actual average power consumption measured by the old meters. If you request a calibration, they just report back that it is accurate.
4Ward wrote:
What's the deal with the smart meters? Don't they emit radiation? What about the expense for these? I guess if you have all that money for salaries and an endless resource of income, you can purchase these expensive little items. How come the "member/owners" were not allowed to voice any concerns before these were installed?
2 Young

Zionville, NC

#16 Jun 3, 2013
So what wrote:
The median expected salary for a typical Chief Executive Officer in the United States is $749,677.
Not including bonuses!
The sense of entitlement of the management shows they are more concerned with their self interest than with any cooperative principles they pretend to follow
So What 2

Lincolnton, NC

#17 Jun 3, 2013
I find it amusing how much people really don't know about business and compensation. This mentality of it is too much because it is more than I make needs to be replaced with understanding. Is anyone open to understanding?
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#18 Jun 3, 2013
I know about business and compensation. The more lavish the compensation of management, the higher the cost to the co-op customers and the poorer the service to co-op customers. Honest pay for honest work is one thing, creating a royalty class at the expense of customers is quite another.
So What 2 wrote:
I find it amusing how much people really don't know about business and compensation. This mentality of it is too much because it is more than I make needs to be replaced with understanding. Is anyone open to understanding?
4Julie

Key Largo, FL

#19 Jun 4, 2013
BREMCO needs new management that cares more about the members than their own financial gain.
TSF

Wake Forest, NC

#20 Jun 4, 2013
Yes. We need to take our co-op back and return it to a co-op.
4Julie wrote:
BREMCO needs new management that cares more about the members than their own financial gain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 4 min Cyrus5590 7,996
Jessica(Jess) Greene (Nov '08) 1 hr memyselfandi 7
Do these ghost towns exist? 1 hr Victoria 39
Manager at Greer Labs (Mar '11) 2 hr stone cold 44
Liberals get a blue veiner over two innocent po... 4 hr WHISKEY TANGO FOX... 20
Threesome 4 hr Bob 14
New Barbershop Open 6 hr BMA 32
Morganton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web