curious

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

What is family to do that is renting home with black mold everywhere, any advice?
Get out

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Get out.
Yuup

Farmville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

curious wrote:
What is family to do that is renting home with black mold everywhere, any advice?
Move, ASAP !

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

move. I had to move out of a house with black mold in it becuase I have a baby on the way.
seriously

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Yep, of get it checked out to make sure its toxic. Either way its bad but there are many, many different types of mold. It may not be toxic but still isn't good to stay around without having the owner fix. And don't just let them spray Clorox and be done, that wont work.
leave fast

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

curious wrote:
Move and if they try to refuse to give you your security deposit then call the housing authority/code enforcement although you may want to line up another place to stay first. Black mold is very very toxic and can cause respiratory problems years later but it can also kill you after enough exposure, small children and people with asthma are very susceptible to fatal respiratory problems from it. There are many different types of mold so it would need to be tested to be for sure but there is something causing it so it wont just go away. For it to be properly abated the house most often times attics and basements have to be gutted then treated professionally. If its made it into the walls and ceilings then it has to be gutted too.
Scott

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

I shouldn't be telling you this but I just can't help but worry for your health and that you might be facing a situation that you have no way out of. The other poster is right Clorox will not work period!!! I have worked in this field for a while and can tell you for a fact what will work though Hydrogen Peroxide is the main and only active ingredient in almost all professional mold removal.
fix it first

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

You can spray whatever on it but unless you remove the cause you are really not accomplishing much. Lots of times the wood and drywall has to be all removed as like the other person said it gets behind walls and insulation. Mold has very tiny airborne spores that will basically just fill the air all in your house if its disturbed in the least. If its small you can spray it and kill it but the big problem is what caused it and unless that's fixed it will just be back and even spread more. Lots of times it just something simple like way too much humidity not enough ventilation but other times its more complex.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morganton Discussions

Search the Morganton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Valdese Hospital 53 min Bike Bob 3
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr State of Florida 54,906
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina 4 hr boo ya 312
Tommy Seeds 14 hr AprilSammysNiece 1
Caldwell County says goodby to Willard Blevins,... 17 hr really 3
Justin Chambers Sat Concerned 13
Debate: Marijuana - Lenoir, NC (Aug '10) Sat really 54
•••
•••
•••
Morganton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••