First Prev
of 3
Next Last
children come first

Asheville, NC

#1 Aug 21, 2013
I am a parent, and I'm not on welfare. But I'm not for the favor of passing this law. First and foremost its unconstitutional, and second we are just taking away from these poor kids mouths that's parents just don't know any damn better. Well they do, but don't care. I do know you have to have kids before you can get any kind of benefits like that anyway. So yes it's for the kids. But go ahead all you greedy blue collar workers get your drug tests on. And hope you have sweet dreams at night knowing you and your family's belly if full. Truth is you probably get paid enough that you can afford all your drugs and food too, stop being selfish.~ WWJD
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#2 Aug 21, 2013
children come first wrote:
I am a parent, and I'm not on welfare. But I'm not for the favor of passing this law. First and foremost its unconstitutional, and second we are just taking away from these poor kids mouths that's parents just don't know any damn better. Well they do, but don't care. I do know you have to have kids before you can get any kind of benefits like that anyway. So yes it's for the kids. But go ahead all you greedy blue collar workers get your drug tests on. And hope you have sweet dreams at night knowing you and your family's belly if full. Truth is you probably get paid enough that you can afford all your drugs and food too, stop being selfish.~ WWJD
I understand your point however besides the argument of workers being tested I am not sure how much food would really be taken away from kids in reality. Do you know the volume of EBT benefits sold at half price in order to obtain drug money? Do you know the volume of food obtained by EBT then sold to resellers? I doubt this money obtained illegally from EBT actually fed the children. Drug testing will not solve the problem but it is a step forward in reforming the system. I was in Sams Club recently and watch a family with 3 of them having EBT cards purchase over $500 in concession foods, like crackers, candy bars, many cases of water, individual packaged cookies, all items like you find in c-stores or concession vendors. I assure you if any of that group heard the word drug test, they would have fled, and by all outward appearances seemed like healthy 30 y/o's. So why should my tax dollars pay for their laziness?? Secondly, if anyone bothered reviewing purchases made on EBT cards it would not take rocket science to figure out this type is screwing the system and us., reform has to start somewhere,
Your Day is UP

Hudson, NC

#3 Aug 21, 2013
[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>
I understand your point however besides the argument of workers being tested I am not sure how much food would really be taken away from kids in reality. Do you know the volume of EBT benefits sold at half price in order to obtain drug money? Do you know the volume of food obtained by EBT then sold to resellers? I doubt this money obtained illegally from EBT actually fed the children. Drug testing will not solve the problem but it is a step forward in reforming the system. I was in Sams Club recently and watch a family with 3 of them having EBT cards purchase over $500 in concession foods, like crackers, candy bars, many cases of water, individual packaged cookies, all items like you find in c-stores or concession vendors. I assure you if any of that group heard the word drug test, they would have fled, and by all outward appearances seemed like healthy 30 y/o's. So why should my tax dollars pay for their laziness?? Secondly, if anyone bothered reviewing purchases made on EBT cards it would not take rocket science to figure out this type is screwing the system and us., reform has to start somewhere,[/QUOTE] I agree with everything you just posted. And it go the same for "pills" gained through Medicaid and Medicare. Drug addicts should not have kids in their homes in the first place. Kids should be in homes where someone works and pay their own way so they can teach the kids to do the same. Pride in earning has to be taught to children at an early age onward. In my culture kids become an adult at age 13. They are expected to know a trade despite going to school. Many kids work in a mom and pop store that they will later run for themselves. Kids in drug homes turn out to do drugs, buy and sell drugs, because they don't learn better. They think it's cool! It's sad but jail has privatized to the point that for the drug culture may come to be the next Auschwitz in using these criminals as experiments, simple jobs within the prison, or worse yet as spare body parts if they maintain any health at all. The government does not want to tell you that we are so overpopulated that there has to be a thinning out of useless people in our culture. That might be the people who could not be rehabilitated. It won't be based on religion, race, or gender, or even age, it will be based on productivity to do for the community.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#4 Aug 21, 2013
Your Day is UP wrote:
I understand your point however besides the argument of workers being tested I am not sure how much food would really be taken away from kids in reality. Do you know the volume of EBT benefits sold at half price in order to obtain drug money? Do you know the volume of food obtained by EBT then sold to resellers? I doubt this money obtained illegally from EBT actually fed the children. Drug testing will not solve the problem but it is a step forward in reforming the system. I was in Sams Club recently and watch a family with 3 of them having EBT cards purchase over $500 in concession foods, like crackers, candy bars, many cases of water, individual packaged cookies, all items like you find in c-stores or concession vendors. I assure you if any of that group heard the word drug test, they would have fled, and by all outward appearances seemed like healthy 30 y/o's. So why should my tax dollars pay for their laziness?? Secondly, if anyone bothered reviewing purchases made on EBT cards it would not take rocket science to figure out this type is screwing the system and us., reform has to start somewhere, "

I agree with everything you just posted. And it go the same for "pills" gained through Medicaid and Medicare. Drug addicts should not have kids in their homes in the first place. Kids should be in homes where someone works and pay their own way so they can teach the kids to do the same. Pride in earning has to be taught to children at an early age onward. In my culture kids become an adult at age 13. They are expected to know a trade despite going to school. Many kids work in a mom and pop store that they will later run for themselves. Kids in drug homes turn out to do drugs, buy and sell drugs, because they don't learn better. They think it's cool! It's sad but jail has privatized to the point that for the drug culture may come to be the next Auschwitz in using these criminals as experiments, simple jobs within the prison, or worse yet as spare body parts if they maintain any health at all. The government does not want to tell you that we are so overpopulated that there has to be a thinning out of useless people in our culture. That might be the people who could not be rehabilitated. It won't be based on religion, race, or gender, or even age, it will be based on productivity to do for the community.
Just as work values are often passed to younger generations now the pattern displays that sense of entitlement/benefits based mentality being passed down to the younger groups. Often you witness multi-generations of a family benefiting from entitlement benefits because of two reasons. One, they understand how the system works and how to work the system and two, they see no loss of pride or shame in manipulating the system. Before I get bashed here, I am not referring to those who actually need assistance, but rather those making a career of it. Reform is needed but something we will never see due to political correctness and politicians afraid they will be branded racist or elitist. So our politicians do the best next thing (just kidding), they cut budgets for schools, prisons , reduce state staffing, lower unemployment benefits ( for those that had jobs before we exported them) and raise taxes, state fees, reduce state programs in order to meet budgets so we can keep handing out entitlement benefits as if recipients have won the lottery. Yes Obama may have his issues but our new governor McCory is sending NC into a rapid decline very well on his own. Democrat or Republican makes no difference , neither is worth a damn. Politics is big business and nothing to do with the best interest of the people no longer, but our dumb asses keep sending the same politicians back in office because we are too concerned with party lines.
ron

Lenoir, NC

#5 Aug 21, 2013
I disagree. By doing this, we teach the kids that this behavior is acceptable. Th kids grow up the same as their parents. It ends up being generation after generation of trash living off the government at the expense of the working class. I'm sick of supporting deadbeats and drug addicts.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#6 Aug 21, 2013
No worries here folks, the gov. is passing laws to make pot legal. It's a way to get around the "drug test" thing. They want sheeples, especially around election time. So, go ahead indulge, no worries.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#7 Aug 21, 2013
Dang wrote:
No worries here folks, the gov. is passing laws to make pot legal. It's a way to get around the "drug test" thing. They want sheeples, especially around election time. So, go ahead indulge, no worries.
Give me the pot heads any day. I had personally concern myself with them and their actions anytime if the choice is between pot heads, alcoholics, meth heads, crack babies or pill heads.. I'll take the pot heads. I will not even get into the studies that prove pot has less social impact than alcohol. Only reason pot has been illegal this long is because of the profit the legal system derives from it being illegal via fines, legal fees, forfeitures and the amount of funding states and agencies receive for the "war on drugs" crap. If the money wasted on pot enforcement was actually used for meth and coke enforcement maybe the flow of hard drugs could be slowed, however we dump billions into screwing with people over a harmless naturally grown plant. I assure you alcohol has created more losses and featured more lives than smoking a joint ever will. Oh I forgot alcohol is ok because our politicians say it is and because the politicians speak, that makes it socially acceptable.
CherokeeWarrior

Charlotte, NC

#8 Aug 21, 2013
Just as work values are often passed to younger generations now the pattern displays that sense of entitlement/benefits based mentality being passed down to the younger groups. Often you witness multi-generations of a family benefiting from entitlement benefits because of two reasons. One, they understand how the system works and how to work the system and two, they see no loss of pride or shame in manipulating the system. Before I get bashed here, I am not referring to those who actually need assistance, but rather those making a career of it. Reform is needed but something we will never see due to political correctness and politicians afraid they will be branded racist or elitist. So our politicians do the best next thing (just kidding), they cut budgets for schools, prisons , reduce state staffing, lower unemployment benefits ( for those that had jobs before we exported them) and raise taxes, state fees, reduce state programs in order to meet budgets so we can keep handing out entitlement benefits as if recipients have won the lottery. Yes Obama may have his issues but our new governor McCory is sending NC into a rapid decline very well on his own. Democrat or Republican makes no difference , neither is worth a damn. Politics is big business and nothing to do with the best interest of the people no longer, but our dumb asses keep sending the same politicians back in office because we are too concerned with party lines.[/QUOTE]

Amen politicians have more dirt on their hands than anybody. Ole Patty McCrory is just a suit a faux smile he's emptying the education system and Obama is lying with a faux smile neither one cares for the system. The two party system is meant to divide not unite.
wow

Lenoir, NC

#9 Aug 21, 2013
ok, i totally disagree!!! you used the name "children come first" now think hard about that......maybe the ones who would fail the test, should used there dope money to feed their children instead of getting hi!!!! and if they choose not to, take them away from them. this county seems awful good at that!!!
CherokeeWarrior

Charlotte, NC

#10 Aug 21, 2013
Give me the pot heads any day. I had personally concern myself with them and their actions anytime if the choice is between pot heads, alcoholics, meth heads, crack babies or pill heads.. I'll take the pot heads. I will not even get into the studies that prove pot has less social impact than alcohol. Only reason pot has been illegal this long is because of the profit the legal system derives from it being illegal via fines, legal fees, forfeitures and the amount of funding states and agencies receive for the "war on drugs" crap. If the money wasted on pot enforcement was actually used for meth and coke enforcement maybe the flow of hard drugs could be slowed, however we dump billions into screwing with people over a harmless naturally grown plant. I assure you alcohol has created more losses and featured more lives than smoking a joint ever will. Oh I forgot alcohol is ok because our politicians say it is and because the politicians speak, that makes it socially acceptable.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with you. Pot is a herb can't be cooked and has positive attributes for anxiety and cancer patients. The government want you to obey their laws yet they break the laws they make!
But they got ADD and ADHD

Hudson, NC

#11 Aug 21, 2013
ron wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. By doing this, we teach the kids that this behavior is acceptable. Th kids grow up the same as their parents. It ends up being generation after generation of trash living off the government at the expense of the working class. I'm sick of supporting deadbeats and drug addicts.
When parents don't work, even in "sickness" homes, the kids don't learn how to work and manage unless someone "gives" then what they need. It's important that kids get the ideas that good is working with your own two hand and developing skills to the maximum so you can earn your way though life. Then teach others to do the same. A lot of illnesses are excuses, but there is still something positive a person can accomplish. Kids need good examples from people who have overcome through own talents and skills, not pills or I got this or I got that. When something goes wrong it's because I was abused or I got add or adhd, or OCD, or a pain up the ass, so I'm a pain in the ass. It's never yea, I screwed up casue I'm just stupid and don't want to do better.
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#12 Aug 21, 2013
You are "not for the favor" of passing such a law?

I don't understand the whole "it's unconstitutional" thing? Welfare benefits aren't a constitutional right. People get drug tested as a condition of employment all the time - if you don't want to be tested, you don't apply for that job. Don't apply for welfare benefits, and you won't have to be drug tested either.

Ad if its all about the kids, perhaps failed drug tests are a good indication of someone's ability to care for a kid in the first place....
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#13 Aug 21, 2013
Forget drug testing - we should get rid of welfare altogether.

Replace it with guaranteed employment - municipal-type minimum wage jobs for anyone who wants one. Down on your luck, broke, and unable to afford food? You are guaranteed a job picking up trash along the road or cleaning park bathrooms. Don't want to work? Fine (it isn't slavery), but you live with the consequences and don't get to leech off society instead.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#14 Aug 21, 2013
Duh wrote:
Forget drug testing - we should get rid of welfare altogether.

Replace it with guaranteed employment - municipal-type minimum wage jobs for anyone who wants one. Down on your luck, broke, and unable to afford food? You are guaranteed a job picking up trash along the road or cleaning park bathrooms. Don't want to work? Fine (it isn't slavery), but you live with the consequences and don't get to leech off society instead.
You have my vote.
tell us

Lenoir, NC

#16 Aug 21, 2013
Carl Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote Gary Whisnant for Lenoir City Council he will help folks get off from foodstamps and it drug rehab is needed he will help.
Ok tell us exactly how he intends to do that, whats your plan and be specific. How does he plan to help people with drug rehab? Planning on paying for it himself? Put up or stfu.
children come first

Asheville, NC

#17 Aug 22, 2013
I understand your point however besides the argument of workers being tested I am not sure how much food would really be taken away from kids in reality. Do you know the volume of EBT benefits sold at half price in order to obtain drug money? Do you know the volume of food obtained by EBT then sold to resellers? I doubt this money obtained illegally from EBT actually fed the children. Drug testing will not solve the problem but it is a step forward in reforming the system. I was in Sams Club recently and watch a family with 3 of them having EBT cards purchase over $500 in concession foods, like crackers, candy bars, many cases of water, individual packaged cookies, all items like you find in c-stores or concession vendors. I assure you if any of that group heard the word drug test, they would have fled, and by all outward appearances seemed like healthy 30 y/o's. So why should my tax dollars pay for their laziness?? Secondly, if anyone bothered reviewing purchases made on EBT cards it would not take rocket science to figure out this type is screwing the system and us., reform has to start somewhere,[/QUOTE]you think you paying tax dollars now ,lol you just wait!
children come first

Asheville, NC

#18 Aug 22, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, i totally disagree!!! you used the name "children come first" now think hard about that......maybe the ones who would fail the test, should used there dope money to feed their children instead of getting hi!!!! and if they choose not to, take them away from them. this county seems awful good at that!!!
OK smarty pants lets see if your ass participates in the foster care of these kids, because it will happen and you think your taxes are high now, lol
children come first

Asheville, NC

#19 Aug 22, 2013
Just as work values are often passed to younger generations now the pattern displays that sense of entitlement/benefits based mentality being passed down to the younger groups. Often you witness multi-generations of a family benefiting from entitlement benefits because of two reasons. One, they understand how the system works and how to work the system and two, they see no loss of pride or shame in manipulating the system. Before I get bashed here, I am not referring to those who actually need assistance, but rather those making a career of it. Reform is needed but something we will never see due to political correctness and politicians afraid they will be branded racist or elitist. So our politicians do the best next thing (just kidding), they cut if we don't stand up for these children who will ?budgets for schools, prisons , reduce state staffing, lower unemployment benefits ( for those that had jobs before we exported them) and raise taxes, state fees, reduce state programs in order to meet budgets so we can keep handing out entitlement benefits as if recipients have won the lottery. Yes Obama may have his issues but our new governor McCory is sending NC into a rapid decline very well on his own. Democrat or Republican makes no difference , neither is worth a damn. Politics is big business and nothing to do with the best interest of the people no longer, but our dumb asses keep sending the same politicians back in office because we are too concerned with party lines.[/QUOTE]If we don't stand up for these children who will?
children come first

Asheville, NC

#20 Aug 22, 2013
CherokeeWarrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with you. Pot is a herb can't be cooked and has positive attributes for anxiety and cancer patients. The government want you to obey their laws yet they break the laws they make!
this is not about pot this is about meth and pills dude thats the drug that kills people, because if people smoked more pot in would be a much better place :)
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#22 Aug 22, 2013
Just as work values are often passed to younger generations now the pattern displays that sense of entitlement/benefits based mentality being passed down to the younger groups. Often you witness multi-generations of a family benefiting from entitlement benefits because of two reasons. One, they understand how the system works and how to work the system and two, they see no loss of pride or shame in manipulating the system. Before I get bashed here, I am not referring to those who actually need assistance, but rather those making a career of it. Reform is needed but something we will never see due to political correctness and politicians afraid they will be branded racist or elitist. So our politicians do the best next thing (just kidding), they cut if we don't stand up for these children who will ?budgets for schools, prisons , reduce state staffing, lower unemployment benefits ( for those that had jobs before we exported them) and raise taxes, state fees, reduce state programs in order to meet budgets so we can keep handing out entitlement benefits as if recipients have won the lottery. Yes Obama may have his issues but our new governor McCory is sending NC into a rapid decline very well on his own. Democrat or Republican makes no difference , neither is worth a damn. Politics is big business and nothing to do with the best interest of the people no longer, but our dumb asses keep sending the same politicians back in office because we are too concerned with party lines. "

If we don't stand up for these children who will?
I totally agree standing up for the children should be first priority but you can't do it properly with a broken system. Continuing to hand out billions in unmonitored benefits of which much does not always help the children must be reformatted. What our goal should be is the fact it is helping the children and not being used recklessly otherwise. The words meth head and caring mother can never coexist. Either they are feeding their drug habit or they are feeding their kids, they never do both I assure you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 min Waco 59,695
christina marie (ratchet) radford 21 hr hmm. 1
ashley marie gilley (Jun '12) 21 hr dont judge. 4
James Moore (Jan '14) 21 hr curious 2
Tony .Conway Duckworth (Feb '08) 21 hr family. 4
Taylor Jordan and Autumn Jordan I hope u know I... (Apr '13) Sep 17 Teresa Watson HER... 13
The City of Morganton "Picks and Chooses" which... Sep 16 Concerned Citizen 3
•••
•••
Morganton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morganton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Morganton People Search