Morganton airport officials plead guilty to embezzlement

Sep 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Charlotte Observer

The top two administrators at Foothills Regional Airport in Morganton have entered guilty pleas to federal charges of embezzlement and money laundering, the U.S. Justice Department said Friday.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 76 of76
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
when

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Does anyone know when they will actually be sentenced? Will they go to prison right then or not?
curious2

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

JUST WONDERING WHEN ALEX GOES TO JAIL? hAPPY HOLIDAYS!
when

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Looks like Caldwell County tax payers are paying for a bunch of trash. The airport and now the sheriff office too. I think that all of them should be in jail. People dont have jobs around here and then you have people like Alex Nelson and Alan Jones that take the hard working people of Caldwell County for a ride. Send them all to jail. These two have had enough fun on our dollar.
curious2

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

look at nc bar website to see how Alex's Burke County Lawyer is doing- just got his official disbarment orders!!

http://www.ncbar.com/orders/triggs,%20gary%20...
info

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone heard when Alex will be sentenced for his awful crimes? I can't believe he gets to wander around in his arrogant way just like nothing has happened??
about time

Erwin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

I hope he goes soon. Tired of his high and mighty ways.
wondering

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Has Alx been sent to prison yet?
wondering

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Alex
curious2

Lawndale, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Did Alex get his fathers gun back? I SURE HOPE HIS LAWYER GARY TRIGGS CAME THROUGH FOR HIM!!
unofficial word

Leon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

soon to be official....Alex has produced financial records that prove the time share, boat, cars and pool were paid for with legal money.....his wife is filing for return of property.....all the money for these purchases can be traced back to investments and retirement funds from her days as a pharmacutical rep.....took 4 months for the banks and investment firms to trace the money and produce the money trail....the information has been in the hands of FBI forfeture attorneys for 2 or 3 weeks....i know a family member and thats the inside word...he has never been interviewed by the FBI....but may soon be ..... I hear a lot of people hopes he continues to remain silent.....
unofficial word

Leon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

additionally...I herd triggs acted as advisor for cetain board member(s).....those member(s) gave Alex direction and he done as he was told... which resulted in the charges against him....i hear he has proof of that too..... we will seee
unofficial word

Leon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

oh yes, finally, about the gun...his former drug addict step-mother was ordered by the court to prooduce the gun by a certain day and didnt...thats contempt of court but his attorney has to file paperwork showing the contempt .....that definitely has not gone away....I herd as soon as he finished with more important issues that was next... he has already turned that issue over to his federeal attorney to be handled next...rumor is if he is in jail or cannot owna firearm for a while the will go to his children and old druggie step-mom patty can go to jail for larceny of a firearm.... at least thats what I herd about 2 months ago
how

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

How can you plead guilty and why didnt he produce that proof before now. Sounds like a cover-up. Why is his ex wife suing for 25,000 dollars? Just like always he will pull the wool over everybody's eyes and get by with crap again. Sure hope they don't listen to this BS.
unofficial word

Leon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

its always a cover-up for some people when thay dont hear want they want to hear. I was told Alex attorney told him everything was good in june and july...."nothing to worry about"....Alex had a meeting on a Friday afternoon, in late august, with hiss attorney....2:00 pm...i believe is what I was told....after about 10 min. the attorney produced a bill of information and plea agreement from the same envelope...no one from the FBI had spoken with Alex....Alex was told of he didnt sign the plea it would be off the table Monday morning and they would indictment him and anyone else that had anything to do with purchasing the property....Alex wife had signed the checks for the purchasees....it was her money....Alex was told she could be indicted as a conspirator .....what real MAN would allow that...he was told the trial could cost as much as $100,000.00 and thats just for him....he didnt have the money for that and who wants to go with a court appointed attorney... you cant win .... at least thats what I herd.....Now for beliving his "BS" copies of all the bank records have been submitted.... all the FBI has to do is verify thay are real by contacting the bank and investment companies.....sounds like real "BS" to me....they either exist or they dont....if they dont exist he could be charged with obstruction of justice.....he has offerd to show them to anyone who would like to look at them .... I guess we will see....You obviously not had to deal with banks when accounts are closed and archived...to get a copy of a single statement from a closed account from three years ago cost money and can take 1 to 2 weeks or longer....then you have to go through the statement...hope its the correct one find the check ...get the check number and order the copy...another 1 to 2 week turn around ...then you have to deal with the investment companies the same way and show the money investred came from his wifes employer or other source....this takes even longer.....you go threw the same process for deposit slips....so as you can see it is very detailed and time consuming....he simply didnt have all the documentation until late Novwmber or early December.....but its here now and all that "BS" as you put it an be verified with the companies and banks involved....
unofficial word

Leon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

As for being "sued for $25,000." again you show your ignorance...she is claiming $25,000.00 in interest in the home....should it be seized and sold.....not a suit for that amount....I ask my friend about that when I seen it in the paper as I know Joy Arney, Triplett, Brooks (whos next.... coming soon). I was told Alex agreed to pay her $25,000.00 for her interest in the home at $300 a month...He made the first payment...as she said...and told her he was sueing for for child support. He had custody of the daughter....the estimated child support was aroud $425.00....Brooks or what ever her name is today began complaing that she could not live and pay expenses if she had to pay the child support...she proposed they call it even...."since they would pretty much just be swapping money"....actually she would be paying out $125.00 more a month for allm ost 10 years compared to 300 for 7 and a half years.....he agreeded call it even,he felt like it would stop the fighting and be in his daughters best interest.....Now why, if thay did not have this agreement, would she wait 10 years before bringing it up.....she knows shes not owed the money and I hope thys find her committing perjury ....as she has...would you wait 10 years to sue for money owed you....I don think so...
unofficial word

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Reality prison time for ALEX

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 76 of76
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Morganton Forum right now

Search the Morganton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Town of Hudson- Alcohol Vote 6 min Weevil 11
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 24 min Waco 1909 55,545
Lenoir Police Department 38 min Duh 7
Meth Dealers 1 hr its me 21
Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies 9 hr Lenoir people 30
j. libera 9 hr go git it 15
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina 12 hr Uppercut 343
•••
•••
•••
Morganton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••