6 workers leave Caldwell County sheri...

6 workers leave Caldwell County sheriff's office

There are 273 comments on the News & Record story from Nov 21, 2012, titled 6 workers leave Caldwell County sheriff's office. In it, News & Record reports that:

Sheriff Alan Jones hasn't identified the six workers, and said he won't go into detail about the focus of the investigation or what it revealed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News & Record.

not soon enough

Lenoir, NC

#172 Jan 30, 2013
john wrote:
when is the next sheriffs election
2014 and it cant get here soon enough, prepare for a political bloodbath. The opposition is already preparing and raising money not to mention the spies at ccso are documenting, recording and videoing everything they can.
TheTRUthcom

Maiden, NC

#173 Jan 30, 2013
Screw tickets they cant even solve murders!
dont be intimidated

Greer, SC

#174 Feb 7, 2013
Please don't keep us waiting for this weeks scandal. It's like a Friday soap opera cliff hanger. The county needs another good laugh.
dont be intimidated

Greer, SC

#175 Feb 11, 2013
Up and at em this early morning. Keeping any comment on here to keep the post up and going.
cant wait

Lenoir, NC

#176 Feb 11, 2013
Let them have their fun, it's on in 2014 and I can't wait. They have heard rumors but nothing for sure yet and I know they are in fear. They wont be able to stop the might of right that will sweep that house clean and start over.

Justice, Integrity and Morals will return to the badge and you can take that to the bank.
Carolina Watchdog

Lenoir, NC

#177 Feb 12, 2013
Problem is the voters that put them in office keep voting again & again. Not enough different, new voters show up to change the numbers. Same ole same ole!
pam browning family

Wellford, SC

#179 Feb 18, 2013
so whos to say they didnt watch jason eugene braswell 33 it wasnt jerry eugene braswell
cant wait

Lenoir, NC

#180 Feb 18, 2013
624 days until Jones is out and counting. See you soon.
Why

Hickory, NC

#182 Feb 23, 2013
Why did they resign ?
info needed

United States

#183 Feb 26, 2013
does anyone have the accurate and true info as t why jack day had to be suspended.i was told it was over making deals with young girls on house arrest that did;nt wanna have favors with him so they reported him and they allegely suspended him.however im researching how many girls he showed how to remove the box not the bracelett and be able to go where they wanted to go. i already have written statements from 3 ladies whom was on house arrest that mr day showed them how to take a paper clip and pop off there box and just leave it charging. someone said today he was fired.but i have been told he was suspended. any helpfull info would be greatly appreciated. i have called the county mamagers office im not dealing with ccsd"s lies im going to the source no male nor female should have to do sexual or drug favors for deputies just to remain on house arrest.
In-the know

United States

#184 Feb 27, 2013
One of the officers was Randell Ferguson, wo ust recently involved in a shooting, or so I was told... hes suppose tobe at Hickory now....another was Joel Warlick or so I was told.....could be wrong if so Apologizes
change is good

Greenville, SC

#185 Feb 27, 2013
In-the know wrote:
One of the officers was Randell Ferguson, wo ust recently involved in a shooting, or so I was told... hes suppose tobe at Hickory now....another was Joel Warlick or so I was told.....could be wrong if so Apologizes
One infact was Ferguson but Warlick retired with a medical problem to others were the longo's which was a long time coming neither should og been promoted in the first place but thats jones for you and his lack of leadership
waiting for change

Lenoir, NC

#186 Feb 27, 2013
Several more need it but I suppose we will wait until 2014 unless anything else gets uncovered in before then. Sounds like something may be brewing with ole Jack lol and it wouldn't be a surprise with anything I hear coming from there, especially the jail side.

The Longos had several involved in their circle so plenty more needs to be caught. I hope its true that Joe retired on medical but I feel like they probably forced him out, he wouldn't likely leave on his own accord. I heard Ferguson was let go due to the retired guy they roughed up and illegally seized his firearms after they forced their way into his home. I think that lawsuit is pending.
Concerned

Newland, NC

#187 Feb 28, 2013
If all this corruption in the CCSD is for real then why does the county not report it to the appropriate state authorities and demand a transparent internal investigation? If true, terminate them and appoint a decent intemin Sherriff and officers that can serve until the next election. This action would solve the problem. It is taxpayers money funding their salaries. They are public servants elected to do a job in good faith of the citizens of Caldwell County. The citizen's of this county can demand this.
WastedDollars

Greenville, SC

#188 Mar 1, 2013
This is why Sheriffs should not be politicians. They should be hired, just like Police Chiefs, and fired for due cause.
We waste a phenomenal amount of money running elections for Sheriff, Register of Deeds, Clerk of Court etc. Then a new Sheriff gets elected and he wants to put his own "stamp" on the department. So then money gets wasted on new uniforms, different paint schemes on cars and the most ridiculous of all, firing employees/officers that didn't support him and hiring (sometimes incompetent) employees that did support him during the campaign. Total waste of taxpayer dollars.
dont u know

Lenoir, NC

#189 Mar 1, 2013
Concerned wrote:
If all this corruption in the CCSD is for real then why does the county not report it to the appropriate state authorities and demand a transparent internal investigation? If true, terminate them and appoint a decent intemin Sherriff and officers that can serve until the next election. This action would solve the problem. It is taxpayers money funding their salaries. They are public servants elected to do a job in good faith of the citizens of Caldwell County. The citizen's of this county can demand this.
Why would the county do that? The Republicans are the ruling party in Caldwell so doing that would make them look bad plus make the entire county look bad and we cant have that now can we. They want to make sure their party gets elected next time so cant allow any damaging info to get out even at the expense of the counties citizens, dont you know how politics work lol.

The Sheriff cant be fired so to speak, it takes a lot to remove a Sheriff as he is an elected official.
Concerned

Newland, NC

#190 Mar 1, 2013
dont u know wrote:
<quoted text>Why would the county do that? The Republicans are the ruling party in Caldwell so doing that would make them look bad plus make the entire county look bad and we cant have that now can we. They want to make sure their party gets elected next time so cant allow any damaging info to get out even at the expense of the counties citizens, dont you know how politics work lol.
The Sheriff cant be fired so to speak, it takes a lot to remove a Sheriff as he is an elected official.
I do understand politics however, I do not agree with letting an elected official do exactly as they please. If the sherriff has responsibility then he also has accountability. The sherriff is accountable to the citizens of Caldwell county (regardless of political affilliation) for the actions and activities of his department. If enough complaints are voiced and a formal request for an internal investigation is made from the citizens of the county, the state will investigate the accusations. If a United States president can be removed from office then surely a county sherriff can also be removed.
change is good

Greenville, SC

#191 Mar 1, 2013
The SBI is investigating and jones has enough rope to hang himself it's just a matter of time
pissed

United States

#192 Mar 1, 2013
well i sure hope the sbi and the county manager does something to straighten this jail out and show jones he puts his pants on like we do.and we pay his salary and his smart ass staff.the nurse is a total joke wherever she got her licence they must of just passed her to get rid of her.she has no compassion empathy or anything else. so please take her with you when you go jones! too many people are dieing and what isnt dieing are coming out with diseases! that jail needs to be cleared out.
why

Vale, NC

#193 Mar 2, 2013
Sounds like someone just didn't get there way??? Why wpuld the jail need to be cleared out?? Explain why you think this and the facts you have to back you.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump defies Louisiana Governor to hand out PLA... 23 min State of Florida 79
Hypocrite Republicans beg for money they denied... 43 min Yes Liberal 6
Epi-Pen goes from $100...in 2008, too $500 now. 46 min Yes Liberal 19
slaw 54 min Yes Liberal 7
410 Hogan Thu Wondering 1
loss prevention at walmart (Jul '12) Wed Anonymous 9
News Developer of Publix Shopping Center to Hold Pub... Wed Gerry 1

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance