Where is your god now?

Posted in the Morganton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#1 Jul 29, 2013
The pope supports anal sex. Who's the real heathen?
say what?

Hendersonville, NC

#2 Jul 29, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
The pope supports anal sex. Who's the real heathen?
Surprising, yet then again not so surprising.. I am not big on organized religion however I am very aware of the contents of the bible. As churches bend the rules and modify their practices and morals, I assume they skipped the verses about the bible is never changing. To me any true religion should adhere to the laws within the bible and not modify their beliefs based on social modifications in peoples behavior. Just because an issue becomes socially acceptable it does not imply it is any less of a sin. If I were a religious person I would feel inspired to adapt to the bible, not adapt the bible to my worldly behavior
big deal

Lenoir, NC

#3 Jul 29, 2013
With all the worlds problems and the Vatican is worried about butt sex. What's worse is anyone cares what the pope thinks of anal. Religion doing what its done best for over 2000 years, creating most of the worlds controversy to distract the masses from what they are doing right in front of you ..... divide conquer and control.
say what?

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jul 29, 2013
big deal wrote:
With all the worlds problems and the Vatican is worried about butt sex. What's worse is anyone cares what the pope thinks of anal. Religion doing what its done best for over 2000 years, creating most of the worlds controversy to distract the masses from what they are doing right in front of you ..... divide conquer and control.
More wars have been fought and lives sacrificed in the name of religion than any agenda. Religion is one topic but organized religion is a totally different creature. Organized religion has and is a way to control the masses through fear, influence governments and grab huge profits in the mean time

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 Jul 30, 2013
[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>
Surprising, yet then again not so surprising.. I am not big on organized religion however I am very aware of the contents of the bible. As churches bend the rules and modify their practices and morals, I assume they skipped the verses about the bible is never changing. To me any true religion should adhere to the laws within the bible and not modify their beliefs based on social modifications in peoples behavior. Just because an issue becomes socially acceptable it does not imply it is any less of a sin. If I were a religious person I would feel inspired to adapt to the bible, not adapt the bible to my worldly behavior [/QUOTE] Looks like you are responding to a fake poster who likes to make inflammatory posts in my name.I call the guy"Allen, Gail, martel, Michelle ho", as those are some of the names the maggot uses.
Bubba

Garner, NC

#7 Jul 30, 2013
I don't think the pope reads the Bible. I've never seen him carry one in public nor have I ever heard him quote from it. With all the sexual problems that run rampant within the leadership of the Catholic church, I don't think that they would be a good denomination to compare real Christianity to. Why does anyone even pay attention to this anyways? Most that comment on topics like this are just a crowd of haters and dont even have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Those that have it figured out are the ones that know it's all about Jesus, not what the pope says. Carry on haters.
wolfie28645

Forest City, NC

#8 Jul 30, 2013
hot & hard sweaty mansex is awesome - religion or NO religion
waco 1909

Athens, AL

#10 Aug 1, 2013
Bubba wrote:
I don't think the pope reads the Bible. I've never seen him carry one in public nor have I ever heard him quote from it. With all the sexual problems that run rampant within the leadership of the Catholic church, I don't think that they would be a good denomination to compare real Christianity to. Why does anyone even pay attention to this anyways? Most that comment on topics like this are just a crowd of haters and dont even have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Those that have it figured out are the ones that know it's all about Jesus, not what the pope says. Carry on haters.
Hey Bubbles, Al Sharpton to spoon with you.
Bubba

Garner, NC

#11 Aug 1, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bubbles, Al Sharpton to spoon with you.
Sorry Wacko but I'm not the type. Being that you're the one with that type of perversion on your mind, you can take a swing at it. I'm sure you will catch something that you deserve.
Twist of Words

Washington, DC

#13 Aug 2, 2013
Pope Francis
I think that when we encounter a gay person, we must make the distinction between the fact of a person being gay and the fact of a lobby, because lobbies are not good. They are bad. If a person is gay and seeks the Lord and has goodwill, who am I to judge that person?
Pope Francis DID NOT endorse homosexual conduct with this statement!
He said to separate the GAY LOBBY that pushes for gay rights (BAD) from the Gay person who is seeking the Lord.
Its amazing how people can twist words and come up with the meaning that suits them.
nice

Bennettsville, SC

#17 Aug 2, 2013
Sanctified by the Blood wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I meant by him being confused. This is the problem, There is no such thing as a gay person, so a gay person could not seek the lord.

There are people who struggle, are tempted and fall prey to gay behavioral sins, but no one is gay. To call a person gay is part of gay lobbying and that is what he missed. Even so, we are to treat the person tempted by gay urges the same as a person tempted by the urge to rape. We do not tolerate it and that person must seek the removal of that urge and not act on it.
I have never heard such narrow minded bull sh*t religious propaganda in my life .. I am a totally straight male but do not believe in mainstream religion because of the crap like you write here.. Religion has managed to create a world of self righteous, over judging and narrowed minded people like the world has never seen before.
bad

Lenoir, NC

#18 Aug 2, 2013
The people. That. Is not. Sure. Abt. This. Issue. Needs Jesus in ur life. Read ur bible. before its to late.
nice

Lenoir, NC

#19 Aug 2, 2013
bad wrote:
The people. That. Is not. Sure. Abt. This. Issue. Needs Jesus in ur life. Read ur bible. before its to late.
Many need to do more than read.. I have worked with people recently that sit in church every Sunday, tell everybody about religion, pray in restaurants before every meal, judges everyone that disagrees with their belief yet the moment they are away from the church crowd they lie, curse and will cheat you everytime your turn your back. I'm not talking one person, I'm talking several.. I'm not religious and I have more morals and compassion than these people ever thought of, they are absorbed with self righteousness and greed but somehow they believe it's ok because their christians. Give me a break
Bubba

Garner, NC

#20 Aug 3, 2013
nice wrote:
<quoted text>
Many need to do more than read.. I have worked with people recently that sit in church every Sunday, tell everybody about religion, pray in restaurants before every meal, judges everyone that disagrees with their belief yet the moment they are away from the church crowd they lie, curse and will cheat you everytime your turn your back. I'm not talking one person, I'm talking several.. I'm not religious and I have more morals and compassion than these people ever thought of, they are absorbed with self righteousness and greed but somehow they believe it's ok because their christians. Give me a break
How's this for a break. You just condemned and judged Christians for exactly what you have done. Have you ever heard to not point a finger at others for when you do you will have four pointing back at you? Let those without sin cast the first stone? Judge not lest I be judged? Their are good and bad people inside and outside of the church just as there are good and bad that have never entered the doors of a church. After reading your comments, we as Christians, think that your morals and compassion for others may need a little tweeking as is appears you have none for those that attend church.
say what?

Charlotte, NC

#21 Aug 3, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>How's this for a break. You just condemned and judged Christians for exactly what you have done. Have you ever heard to not point a finger at others for when you do you will have four pointing back at you? Let those without sin cast the first stone? Judge not lest I be judged? Their are good and bad people inside and outside of the church just as there are good and bad that have never entered the doors of a church. After reading your comments, we as Christians, think that your morals and compassion for others may need a little tweeking as is appears you have none for those that attend church.
You should reread .. I am not a believer of organized religion nor do I pretend to be. Yes I have some beliefs and a well calibrated moral compass. You and your type are the exact reason I do not follow typically christian structure. Rather than looking at ones self you prefer to twist any situations blame to the other person. I assure more people are being driven away from mainstream religion because of the judgmental, fake self righteousness than is bring drawn to religion. You are a good reason, as to why not believe.
say what?

Charlotte, NC

#22 Aug 3, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>How's this for a break. You just condemned and judged Christians for exactly what you have done. Have you ever heard to not point a finger at others for when you do you will have four pointing back at you? Let those without sin cast the first stone? Judge not lest I be judged? Their are good and bad people inside and outside of the church just as there are good and bad that have never entered the doors of a church. After reading your comments, we as Christians, think that your morals and compassion for others may need a little tweeking as is appears you have none for those that attend church.
One point "nice" failed to mention. Unknown is the work environment but christianity thrives in economically recessed and educationally challenged area. To me this translates as religion takes advantage of the needy and those not exposed to higher education. Religion is often false hope delivered by those preying on those most in need
Bubba

Garner, NC

#23 Aug 3, 2013
[QUOTE who="say what? "]<quoted text>
You should reread .. I am not a believer of organized religion nor do I pretend to be. Yes I have some beliefs and a well calibrated moral compass. You and your type are the exact reason I do not follow typically christian structure. Rather than looking at ones self you prefer to twist any situations blame to the other person. I assure more people are being driven away from mainstream religion because of the judgmental, fake self righteousness than is bring drawn to religion. You are a good reason, as to why not believe.[/QUOTE] Where do we find all these people. You should reread. I said that there people in every walk of life that are good and bad, those that attend church and those that do not. You sir are so struck on your belief that you think your moral values and beliefs are above those that believe in Christianity that you fail to recognize your own failures and short comings. You can not blame a person for the reason that you do not go to a church or that you do not believe because of what someone else has done. That is only an excuse and an easy way out.
say what?

Charlotte, NC

#25 Aug 3, 2013
Bubba wrote:
[QUOTE who="say what? "]<quoted text>
You should reread .. I am not a believer of organized religion nor do I pretend to be. Yes I have some beliefs and a well calibrated moral compass. You and your type are the exact reason I do not follow typically christian structure. Rather than looking at ones self you prefer to twist any situations blame to the other person. I assure more people are being driven away from mainstream religion because of the judgmental, fake self righteousness than is bring drawn to religion. You are a good reason, as to why not believe. "

Where do we find all these people. You should reread. I said that there people in every walk of life that are good and bad, those that attend church and those that do not. You sir are so struck on your belief that you think your moral values and beliefs are above those that believe in Christianity that you fail to recognize your own failures and short comings. You can not blame a person for the reason that you do not go to a church or that you do not believe because of what someone else has done. That is only an excuse and an easy way out.
Not an easy way out by any means. And yes I do believe a person claiming to be a devoted christian should live by their convictions thus setting an example their religion is solid and they practice their teachings. However you as well as I both know a large majority of "saved" people live their lives outside the teachings of their religion. I agree there is exceptions but arguably many use as a social climate. I will say I tend to have more trust in the smaller churches vs the mega churches. Many years I sit there among the congregation wanting to believe the words but upon further observation realized no one really knows and certainly very few truly practice the truth. I have seen more words of "hate" spewed forth in the name of religion than by those of non-believers. Do I believe there is a God? Of course, but do I believe the "local christian way" is the course to him. Absolutely not. Do I believe the bible was meant to be taken literally word for word? Of course not. I do believe the bible has theoretical value and also many portions of context were never passed forward thru the centuries. Do I believe only one portion i.e. Baptist or Methodist is the only acceptable religion? Not a chance.. People tend to be so closed minded they never explore religious options and beliefs. Should one religion discount the beliefs of another? Absolutely not, as no religion is perfectly convincing yet so many are quick to condemn others beliefs yet can not fully explain in detail their religion basis other than the preacher said or or I heard in Sunday school. They have never fully explored the word, they rely solely on hearsay
Read a Real Book

Lenoir, NC

#26 Aug 3, 2013
You don't need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong then you lack empathy - not religion.
Bubba

Garner, NC

#27 Aug 3, 2013
Read a Real Book wrote:
You don't need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong then you lack empathy - not religion.
If you don't know right from wrong or if you know what's right and deny, then you lack morals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimbrell Furniture (Jan '14) 9 min tinytoad 5
You idiots still don't get it 5 hr damned right im r... 1
how do you like your Obamacare 6 hr damned right im r... 31
The City of Morganton "Picks and Chooses" which... 13 hr greenman 4
2 women face drug charges in Caldwell (Nov '13) 21 hr word up 39
Morganton News Hearld Sep 28 SledgeHammer 1
How Many Gangs Are In Morganton? Sep 25 Kerosene Drinker 1
Morganton Dating
Find my Match

Morganton Jobs

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morganton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morganton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]