Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Recently in the news people have been chastised and brow beat for saying the N word. I feel that this society is wayyyyy to sensitive to that. Every living person has said it. This is America and we are free to say what we want, even sports stars and celebrities. The media blows this way out of proportion. Black people use it in song, on air, in clubs, etc. We, and yes I am a mixed race male, have the right to say what we want, anytime we want, especially if not in anger. Just rediculous, and I urge my fellow "minorities" to ease up.....not the end of the world......dont empower that word.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

toomuch wrote:
Recently in the news people have been chastised and brow beat for saying the N word. I feel that this society is wayyyyy to sensitive to that. Every living person has said it. This is America and we are free to say what we want, even sports stars and celebrities. The media blows this way out of proportion. Black people use it in song, on air, in clubs, etc. We, and yes I am a mixed race male, have the right to say what we want, anytime we want, especially if not in anger. Just rediculous, and I urge my fellow "minorities" to ease up.....not the end of the world......dont empower that word.
Best advice I've seen posted on topics yet.. This knee jerk, over reactive society we are living in needs to slow it's role and unite. We are all Americans , nothing more, nothing less.. As we lose our grip on the world stage, we should be focusing on unity not division.. But happiness and unity does not sell papers or make profits for the hate mongers. The only separation of classes we should be concerned with is that of the rich and the group the rest of us fall into. We are not just white, black, or latino. We are American , why can't we leave it at that?
curious

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Why is it ok for rappers , to use this word in their music , I attended a high school where this was the the majority race, and they were always calling each other the so called N word . WHY should it be any different for their own race to use this word , or another race to use it . HONESTLY.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Here's the deal.I use the"N"word about as frequently as people use the"cracker"word and the "redneck"word and the expression "trailer park trash".....get it?
Duh

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Of course it's derogatory and offensive - to the person it is directed at. How insulting an individual can be twisted into an attack on an entire race is beyond me.

Third parties overhearing it have no reason to be offended; it's no more racist than saying a black person robbed you, when in fact the person who robbed you was black. It's really no different than hearing someone being called a hoe, a redneck, or a moron - the target of the insult may get pissed, but as far as society goes it has no more or less meaning than when two people say I love you.
Jason

Zebulon, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Its fine if the person using the N word is also a N but let some other race use it and they fly all to *&^%. But we are not suppose to be offended by all the names they call us. Nor are we suppose to be offended by their Black beauty shows, All black colleges, Their black only t.v. Stop and think about it.. Whos really the racist in this???? They are!
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

I don't understand why anyone of either race would use it. It shows lack of class regardless of the race of the user. And yes, I have been guilty, but have personally elimainated it from my vocabulary. It just has no good function.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Jason wrote:
Its fine if the person using the N word is also a N but let some other race use it and they fly all to *&^%. But we are not suppose to be offended by all the names they call us. Nor are we suppose to be offended by their Black beauty shows, All black colleges, Their black only t.v. Stop and think about it.. Whos really the racist in this???? They are!
I have found that everyone that points fingers at the other side are themselves racists. That includes both black and white people.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found that everyone that points fingers at the other side are themselves racists. That includes both black and white people.
State,the "N"word isn't going away, and neither are the other words referring to whites and others.TO be honest,I never liked being called a , redneck, or trailer trash.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> State,the "N"word isn't going away, and neither are the other words referring to whites and others.TO be honest,I never liked being called a , redneck, or trailer trash.
The only way the word will stop is if you stop using it. That is all one individual can do, but that is enough for the one you are responsible for.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Duh wrote:
Of course it's derogatory and offensive - to the person it is directed at. How insulting an individual can be twisted into an attack on an entire race is beyond me.
Third parties overhearing it have no reason to be offended; it's no more racist than saying a black person robbed you, when in fact the person who robbed you was black. It's really no different than hearing someone being called a hoe, a redneck, or a moron - the target of the insult may get pissed, but as far as society goes it has no more or less meaning than when two people say I love you.
I partially agree, but the N word has a historical conotation and reflection of slavery that the other words do not. Hoe, redneck and moron are all certainly derogatory, but none of them reflect a 300 year period when a people were in bondage. As I have stated previously, I don't like the word being used by either blacks or whites. One race using it is no better than the other.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I partially agree, but the N word has a historical conotation and reflection of slavery that the other words do not. Hoe, redneck and moron are all certainly derogatory, but none of them reflect a 300 year period when a people were in bondage. As I have stated previously, I don't like the word being used by either blacks or whites. One race using it is no better than the other.
Kind of disagree with you there State.The"l Trailer Trash"appellation just incenses me.Nothing pissed a black dude off like a white dude calling him a"N".I lived in black neighborhoods most of my life, I've seen the effect of the word."Trailer Trash"is also significantly degrading.Try living in a trailer park, which is no day at the park.(ha).These words, they take your humanity.They go deep.And all I see,is red.......
Duh

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole slavery card is overplayed as well. There isn't a person alive who has been a slave, so I feel sorry for no one in that regard. And I've never had slaves, so my using the n-word can't possibly imply I want to re-ensave black people.

Frankly, there are some people who deserve to be called the n-word - but it has nothing to do with their race.

And no, I do not use that word myself - not because I find it offensive, but simply because I don't want to get shot.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole slavery card is overplayed as well. There isn't a person alive who has been a slave, so I feel sorry for no one in that regard. And I've never had slaves, so my using the n-word can't possibly imply I want to re-ensave black people.
Frankly, there are some people who deserve to be called the n-word - but it has nothing to do with their race.
And no, I do not use that word myself - not because I find it offensive, but simply because I don't want to get shot.
I give back what I get.Regardless.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad to hear that you do not use the word. That shows real class. Also smart not to place yourself in harm's way. Neither one of us can know their perspective as neither of us have been black. But, I can see far enough to see the effects of the history that neither of us can change. We can only work on the present and the future. Many blacks are still alive today that lived under the cruelty and unfair policy of segregation. Like I stated, we would have to walk in their shoes before we can know all the effects that past social injustice has had. Waco, I can sympathize with how you are hurt by the references to being called 'Trailor Trash' as that is a cut on your dignity that hurts one deeply as the N word does to blacks. Since you know the pain, it does no good to lay the same hurt on another person. You are a good and intelligent enough person to realize that.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad to hear that you do not use the word. That shows real class. Also smart not to place yourself in harm's way. Neither one of us can know their perspective as neither of us have been black. But, I can see far enough to see the effects of the history that neither of us can change. We can only work on the present and the future. Many blacks are still alive today that lived under the cruelty and unfair policy of segregation. Like I stated, we would have to walk in their shoes before we can know all the effects that past social injustice has had. Waco, I can sympathize with how you are hurt by the references to being called 'Trailor Trash' as that is a cut on your dignity that hurts one deeply as the N word does to blacks. Since you know the pain, it does no good to lay the same hurt on another person. You are a good and intelligent enough person to realize that.
The vicious racial slurs on all groups is an attempt to demonize and dehumanize.The Nazis, who called the Jews"vermin", were past masters at this.Before they engaged in mass murders, they felt compelled to send a false message to the majority of Germans,a message that said the Jews were sub-human, so what could possibly be wrong with butchering them all? Dehumanize, then kill.Hitler said,"Tell a big lie, tell it again and again, and they will believe it". How horribly right that monster was.....

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer are stupid"......ADOLPH HITLER.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The vicious racial slurs on all groups is an attempt to demonize and dehumanize.The Nazis, who called the Jews"vermin", were past masters at this.Before they engaged in mass murders, they felt compelled to send a false message to the majority of Germans,a message that said the Jews were sub-human, so what could possibly be wrong with butchering them all? Dehumanize, then kill.Hitler said,"Tell a big lie, tell it again and again, and they will believe it". How horribly right that monster was.....
Many horrible and inhumane acts are documented in history, but the Holocaust has to be one at the very top of the list. Unbelievable.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Many horrible and inhumane acts are documented in history, but the Holocaust has to be one at the very top of the list. Unbelievable.
Rwanda,Cambodia,Turks killed two million Armenians,the breakup of the Yugoslavian states...
steven

Zebulon, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

The black race is a whole lot more racist than the white. They are always whinning about being put down because they are black. Well, they have a all black college, all black t.v channel and various other ALL BLACK things. Now stop and think.. What does the white race have?? ALL White college? NOPE. ALL white t.v? NOPE. All white ANYTHING? NOPE.. And the blacks complain that they are picked on by the cops. Yea right. They are the ones shooting each other, stealing,dealing.. There is a REASON they are picked on by the cops!Ar the rate they are going down in charlotte, they wont have to worry much longer about the blacks breaking in on them since they are killing each other off right and left. Soon there wont be ANY blacks left in charlotte.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Morganton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Morganton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morganton