One dead in triple stabbing

Dec 21, 2011 Full story: The Morganton News Herald 86

Burke Deputy James Koerner walks Chad Reed to the magistrate's office Wednesday night just hours after investigators say Reed fatally stabbed 30-year-old James Cherry.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
nobody

Morganton, NC

#1 Dec 23, 2011
hope he was ready to meet jesus
nancy drew

Dunn, NC

#2 Dec 24, 2011
I went to school with him and a bunch of his crew, what happened???
revolution32

Charlotte, NC

#4 Dec 25, 2011
Seems the dead guy came to the house of the other men, something went down that caused a fight, the dead man cut the injured guy(one airlifted) to the point of almost cutting his arm completely off, and the Reed man was not only acting in defense of the guy with the severe arm injury BUT also Reed was next on the "cut" list. SO he was defending himself AND the injured guy too.

I know none of those involved but only heard this through someone that knew all of them - you know how rumors go in things like this. I hope the injured man recovers and I hope the two living people from this incident have the opportunity to make better choices if they need to do so.
FACTS

Lexington, NC

#5 Dec 26, 2011
revolution32 wrote:
Seems the dead guy came to the house of the other men, something went down that caused a fight, the dead man cut the injured guy(one airlifted) to the point of almost cutting his arm completely off, and the Reed man was not only acting in defense of the guy with the severe arm injury BUT also Reed was next on the "cut" list. SO he was defending himself AND the injured guy too.
I know none of those involved but only heard this through someone that knew all of them - you know how rumors go in things like this. I hope the injured man recovers and I hope the two living people from this incident have the opportunity to make better choices if they need to do so.
Well, the two "victims" that didnt die have different stories and are getting ready to go down for PREMEDITATED MURDER! Yep, I am family and just found out, this was a set up. Do not believe rumors, I thought an accident could have happened until I have facts from the coroner and police, they killed my family member in cold blood..
nobody

Morganton, NC

#6 Dec 27, 2011
who set him up the ones that took him to the house?
teresa

Morganton, NC

#7 Jan 2, 2012
FACTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the two "victims" that didnt die have different stories and are getting ready to go down for PREMEDITATED MURDER! Yep, I am family and just found out, this was a set up. Do not believe rumors, I thought an accident could have happened until I have facts from the coroner and police, they killed my family member in cold blood..
please,get real,its over
cara

Morganton, NC

#8 Jan 2, 2012
why would you go to someones house in bloody burke and expect anything else
just a question

Morganton, NC

#9 Jan 2, 2012
FACTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the two "victims" that didnt die have different stories and are getting ready to go down for PREMEDITATED MURDER! Yep, I am family and just found out, this was a set up. Do not believe rumors, I thought an accident could have happened until I have facts from the coroner and police, they killed my family member in cold blood..
Just a question how is it PREMEDITATED MURDER when he comes to someone elses house with a knife and he stabs first sounds like the premediation came from Mr. Cherry himself. He knowling went to someone elses house with a knife to cause bodily harm to another. I know that hes family and you love himm but lets just be honest about it.
FACTS

Lexington, NC

#10 Jan 3, 2012
Premeditated because he was in an argument with the two others and they called him and told him everything was good to come over.(This was told to a family member, who is NOT involved in their lifestyle by a government agent, that is why I brought it up!) I know how this part of my family lived and do not agree with it at all, that is why I kept my distance, but I did grow up with them before they took the wrong path in life and no matter what, no one deserves to be murdered. People need to gain some respect and put themselves in other people's shoes. Yes, they might just leave it how it is because of the history but wow, have respect
just a question

Morganton, NC

#11 Jan 3, 2012
I do have respect for the family. Im just saying it is what it is Jamie went over there with a knife and when Greg opened the door he was stabbed. Im not sure how people can point the finger at others when he was the one that made the first stab. What was Chad and Greg suppose to do. Im sure that they wouldve never wished this to happen to Jamie or Jamies family. But we all know that Jamie was known to fight with weapons and not fairly. Im just saying tell the truth. I really mean no disrespect. Just dont think people should throw others under the bus when you wouldve done the same had someone came to your house with a knife and had already stabbed one person and was coming after you.
FACTS

Lexington, NC

#13 Jan 5, 2012
The truth is, nobody but those 3 know the truth....how does anyone know Greg opened the door and got stabbed?? I have heard a million rumors, but that is the first time I have heard that. I am not throwing anyone under the bus,accidents happens, but tell the truth? None of us will ever know the truth....so how does anyone who wasn't there know that this is what happened?
just a question

Morganton, NC

#14 Jan 6, 2012
well then if you wasnt there then maybe you shouldnt get on here first and yell premediated murder and that Chad was going to jail. As far as the stabbing it said that in the newshearld. But your right no one was there but them so maybe you shouldnt go around saying that people are going to jail unless you know the truth.
Godknows

Morganton, NC

#15 Jan 7, 2012
teresa wrote:
<quoted text>please,get real,its over
Teresa,
YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG!! Facts is trying to tell you the facts. Mr. Reed might be surprised when he finds out how his case is far from being over. You don't have to believe me, you will be reading about it very soon.
nobody

Morganton, NC

#16 Jan 8, 2012
Godknows wrote:
<quoted text>
Teresa,
YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG!! Facts is trying to tell you the facts. Mr. Reed might be surprised when he finds out how his case is far from being over. You don't have to believe me, you will be reading about it very soon.
how do u know so much are u the d.a.
Godknows

Morganton, NC

#17 Jan 8, 2012
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>how do u know so much are u the d.a.
close
hangman

Jupiter, FL

#18 Jan 10, 2012
No charges, and the DA has closed the case.
hangman

Jupiter, FL

#19 Jan 10, 2012
Jamie Cherry was a thief, a drug addict, and was arrested numerous times for assault. Those are the real facts.
FACTS

Lexington, NC

#20 Jan 10, 2012
just a question wrote:
well then if you wasnt there then maybe you shouldnt get on here first and yell premediated murder and that Chad was going to jail. As far as the stabbing it said that in the newshearld. But your right no one was there but them so maybe you shouldnt go around saying that people are going to jail unless you know the truth.
I was only stating a fact that was told DIRECTLY to a family member(who is not into drugs or violence!)No, I wasn't there and do not know the truth, but I wasn't yelling these charges just to say it...that was a truth that was told to a family member by a government official...I dont understand the hostility
FACTS

Lexington, NC

#21 Jan 10, 2012
hangman wrote:
Jamie Cherry was a thief, a drug addict, and was arrested numerous times for assault. Those are the real facts.
And Chad wasnt? Yes people take the wrong path in life, but does that mean they deserve to be murdered? People have no respect...
just a question

Morganton, NC

#22 Jan 10, 2012
Like I said your the one going around pointing fingers yelling premediated murder and all you have is hear say what you heard from a family member. Im just wondering if the shoe was on the other foot and Jamie killed Chad who would be in the wrong? Everyone wants to say that he went up there with no ill intent then why did they find 3 knives and why was Greg stabbed first? Im saying that no one deserves to die this way. Im wondering if Chad had came after Jamie with the knife and Jamie killed Chad then I guess you would be yelling premediation at Jamie? I dont think so. Chad has to live with this for the rest of his live reguardless if it was self defense or not I just dont think that you should act like Jamie was a saint it is what it is.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Left Lane Drivers 3 hr witchdoctor 11
Man in critical condition from 40-foot fall 4 hr Grow Decency 2
Thankful 4 hr just saying 1
Loot Hair FX !! 5 hr MasterC 1
Lenoir OBGYN & Dr. Dacus 6 hr Einwat 43
3 accused in Lenoir double shooting (Apr '12) 6 hr Kasey Mcghinnis 27
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 7 hr State of Florida 3,027
Morganton Dating
Find my Match

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morganton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morganton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:18 am PST

NBC Sports 5:18AM
Jamal Anderson charged with DUI in Atlanta
Yahoo! Sports 8:19 AM
Cam Newton's Thanksgiving Jam feast feeds underprivileged kids
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Roddy White Injury: Updates on Falcons Star's Ankle and Return
NBC Sports 1:16 PM
In Vikings vs. Panthers, Munnerlyn will be 'edgy' - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:00 PM
Ryan Kalil says his brother's hat-flick was all his fault