Posted in the Morganton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robbed

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Fastop in blowing rock blv. Lenoir.
If you are a costumer of this gas store, watch out the pump # 6.
I got my truck for already 12 years and I always refill the tank after running 350 - 370 miles. My tank gets full around 13 gallons. Today following this rutine, I pumped gas and I got surprised when the pump stopped at 17.27 gallons. Are they kidding me !! In 12 years my truck had NEVER needed 17 gallons to get full. I might be wrong, but I just wanna advice to everybody to keep your eyes open, because might be somethink stinky with this fuel pump. Gas is expensive and plus, we should not be paying for gas that we are not getting !!!!
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Your tank gets full when it's full, how much it takes depends on how empty it was to start. I'm thinking you probably just let it run lower than normal.

Now if you say you have a 14 gallon gas tank and put 17 gallons into it, that's a different story.
Duh is funny

Black Mountain, NC

#3 Jan 29, 2013
Duh wrote:
Your tank gets full when it's full, how much it takes depends on how empty it was to start. I'm thinking you probably just let it run lower than normal.
Now if you say you have a 14 gallon gas tank and put 17 gallons into it, that's a different story.
LOL!
Robbed

Lincolnton, NC

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Duh wrote:
Ok. thanks.
Tiny

Mount Holly, NC

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Is 'Robbed' an idiot or am I just tired?
Just Wondering

Huntersville, NC

#6 Feb 1, 2013
What did Robbed do? He thought he was short changed and tried to warn others so they wouldn't be. Even if he was mistaken, trying to help others doesn't make him/her an idiot, does it?
Robbed

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Feb 1, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
What did Robbed do? He thought he was short changed and tried to warn others so they wouldn't be. Even if he was mistaken, trying to help others doesn't make him/her an idiot, does it?

Thanks for your comment ! It is exactly what I am trying to do, just telling guys to keep an eye on it. I thought as consumers we should support each others. I did not get upset with this person, I realize that she or he is unable to understand what is written, lol. I wonder how is able to use a computer. Lol.
refill

Stanley, NC

#8 Feb 1, 2013
I can tell you an experience I had with a fast stop gas station, a few years ago, I made a trip to Atlanta GA. before I left I filled up at Hess gas station in Lenoir. I drove to Atlanta, and drove an additional 3 days around town. On my way back home, I stopped right out side the city of Atlanta. I filled up at a Fast Stop.(Now keep in mind, my Father has told me in the pass, to beware where I buy gas, because the quality of gas is different at low cost stations. He told me to stick with name brand stations like; Hess, Quality, Shell etc.., because I would not get the same miles per gallon.)
Well, I totally forgot about this story, until I
experience it. Fast stop gas only took me to Gaffney SC. and I was out. The Fast stop gas, didn't even get me close back to home.
So I have learn, not to buy the cheaper brand. In the long run, it cost me twice, almost three times as much. I looked into it and found the lower quality gas stations, have for a lack of better words, fillers, with-in the gas. This fills your tank and you vehicle will run on it, however, it causes the gas to burn hotter, which decreases you fuel mileage.
I have not bought gas at a fast stop since.
This is FYI, and hope you keep this in mind when you travel, and not have the same experience that I had.
My Conclusion

Hickory, NC

#9 Feb 1, 2013
I believe your experience!
I just wonder if the “Faststop” was selling 10% ethanol at that time. My Nissan would get 30mpg on Regular Gas from name brand stores. Now that everyone sales 10% ethanol I only get 27mpg.
ashley

Greer, SC

#10 Jun 13, 2014
refill wrote:
I can tell you an experience I had with a fast stop gas station, a few years ago, I made a trip to Atlanta GA. before I left I filled up at Hess gas station in Lenoir. I drove to Atlanta, and drove an additional 3 days around town. On my way back home, I stopped right out side the city of Atlanta. I filled up at a Fast Stop.(Now keep in mind, my Father has told me in the pass, to beware where I buy gas, because the quality of gas is different at low cost stations. He told me to stick with name brand stations like; Hess, Quality, Shell etc.., because I would not get the same miles per gallon.)
Well, I totally forgot about this story, until I
experience it. Fast stop gas only took me to Gaffney SC. and I was out. The Fast stop gas, didn't even get me close back to home.
So I have learn, not to buy the cheaper brand. In the long run, it cost me twice, almost three times as much. I looked into it and found the lower quality gas stations, have for a lack of better words, fillers, with-in the gas. This fills your tank and you vehicle will run on it, however, it causes the gas to burn hotter, which decreases you fuel mileage.
I have not bought gas at a fast stop since.
This is FYI, and hope you keep this in mind when you travel, and not have the same experience that I had.

Fast Stop Is Not The Same Thing As Fastop Like The One In Lenoir They Do Not Have A Store In GA.
Ronnie

United States

#11 Jun 18, 2014
ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
Fast Stop Is Not The Same Thing As Fastop Like The One In Lenoir They Do Not Have A Store In GA.
How do you know . No it all
SELF TEST

Hickory, NC

#12 Jun 18, 2014
Next time you go take your lawn mower can and fill it up….
I was at one of the OWENS stations filling my truck and basically the same thing happened. I went home and got my 5 gallon gas can and went back to the same pump. Sure enough the pump was reading wrong. They refunded my money and closed the pump.
On purpose or bad pump?
SELF TEST

Hickory, NC

#13 Jun 18, 2014
Just the pump or a scam!
At Raceway I used a credit card to buy gas. I put in my credit card and lifted the lever to turn on the pump.
The pump did not reset to $0.00. The Pump read $0.20 that’s not a lot but if you multiply that times 1000 transactions a day, 30 days in a month. That comes to $6,000 a month.
the know it all

Greer, SC

#14 Jun 19, 2014
Ronnie wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know . No it all
Well Bc I Work There And We Dont Have A Store In GA, wasnt Trying To B A "know it All" just Trying To Defend The Company and Inform People That Have been Miss Informed!!! Have a Great Day!!!!!!!!!
i do remember

Taylorsville, NC

#15 Jun 23, 2014
the know it all wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Bc I Work There And We Dont Have A Store In GA, wasnt Trying To B A "know it All" just Trying To Defend The Company and Inform People That Have been Miss Informed!!! Have a Great Day!!!!!!!!!
I have been at the same gas station several years ago, and I do remember it, so I looked up the location. the gas station was bought out by Citgo, which now has closed, but it was a fastop, or fast top which ever, same cheap gas, the address is 2060 peachtree road nw, alanta ga. 30309. either way, I do the same as the "refill" and only buy from a name brand station cause I have the same results. I don't think he was slamming the company, which you work at, other than being an informant for other's looking to get the best gas for there dollar.
SELF TEST

Hickory, NC

#16 Jun 23, 2014
Maybe you are both right!
If you Google FAST STOP you get many different companies from here to California with the same name.
ashley

Greer, SC

#17 Jun 26, 2014
The reason Why ppl Get So Confused Is Bc Of The Spelling The One In Lenoir Beside The mayflower Is Called Fastop And There Are Some called Fast Stop But Its Whole Name is Fastop food Market, they Only Have About 6 stores Total But None In Ga B4 i Started Working there I Thought It Was The Same Thing To, but Its diffrent
wont go there much

Simpsonville, SC

#18 Jul 1, 2014
Knowing the way that place operates they probably are tryin to scam you out of money in the pumps hardly any of them ever worked there was always bags on them half of the equipment inside never worked either have you ever seen the way that blonde headed so called "manager" treats the employees there I think shes the manager that just passed aways family or something she yells and screams and cusses the employees no wonder no one will stay working there they had some really good workers but theyve all quit except the asst manager and 1 or 2 others and they get treated like crap but they are nice to the employees that arent worth a damn wth come on they need new management and they need it fast that place has went downhill bad I know me and my family only stop there when its an emergency cause most of the time that blonde is rude as hell to us customers too who could we call to get something done about the customer service???
haha

Lexington, NC

#19 Jul 1, 2014
wont go there much wrote:
Knowing the way that place operates they probably are tryin to scam you out of money in the pumps hardly any of them ever worked there was always bags on them half of the equipment inside never worked either have you ever seen the way that blonde headed so called "manager" treats the employees there I think shes the manager that just passed aways family or something she yells and screams and cusses the employees no wonder no one will stay working there they had some really good workers but theyve all quit except the asst manager and 1 or 2 others and they get treated like crap but they are nice to the employees that arent worth a damn wth come on they need new management and they need it fast that place has went downhill bad I know me and my family only stop there when its an emergency cause most of the time that blonde is rude as hell to us customers too who could we call to get something done about the customer service???
Call home office, but guarentee it wont do any good. They like to see good employees go, and the asses stay. Seen so many people quit from there its pathetic. Employees there are rude, and unliked by many people. I know longer go there because of their customer service. Equipment is always failing and is blamed on the cashiers, some maybe because they don't know how to do.their jobs, mostly of the failures are because the store is cheap and won't upgrade their stuff. In the long run, their business will fail, alot of people finally realizing what kind of place that store is..
I agree

Simpsonville, SC

#20 Jul 1, 2014
I used to go in there and it has went way downhill. none of the same employees are there that use to be the blonde youre talking about is the managers daughter. thats how she gets away with everything. now that the manager has passed I bet shell get the managers position which means shell be even worse. the only good employees they had have all quit or got fired but they let all the drug addicts and crack heads keep their job. I know what u mean about her being rude. The last time I went in there a few weeks ago just to get a drink and she was completely rude to not only me but a few other customers. she only works like 2 days a month what the hell does she have to be rude about? And what about all the drug dealing and prostitution that goes on outside? They should do something about that. I had thought about applying there a few months ago when they had the now hiring sign up but when I saw what goes on around that place and how the employees get treated theres no way in hell id work there. I wouldnt let her cuss me like that. Like haha said no one likes the employees now and the equipment sucks. And I agree...more people will realize what kind of store that place is andwill stop going there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I shot a lousy coon last night. 4 min Die Redneck 5
News Lunch Lady Told First Grader He Couldn't Have L... (Nov '14) 9 min Anonymous 9
Hillary Clinton's Lesbianism Exposed 14 min Badabing 1
Media Lies, Trump will Not Grant Amnesty to Ill... 21 min comrad 67
The real reasons Western Youth Insistute closed (Feb '16) Aug 28 farris 15
410 Hogan Aug 25 Wondering 1
loss prevention at walmart (Jul '12) Aug 24 Anonymous 9

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages