Another Obama, Obama Administration a...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#67 Nov 13, 2013
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>just wait till obummercare get into full swing then come back and tell us how many more small business have closed down.
Straight Republican talking points from Neil Cavuto and Fox News. I will be more than glad to get back with you. About as soon as Dubya's "Mission accomplished" speech on Iraq that didn't happen until 10 years and thousands of deaths later. That's when I will also get back with you on the business shut down.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#68 Nov 13, 2013
kelly wrote:
<quoted text> lets back up world trade center attacked(under clinton ) nothing was done.The ship i think (cold Sp )attacked (under Clinton) nothing was done .i guess Clinton was to busy in the oval office to do anything.i guess the the ones who kept attacking said hey those Americans aren't going to do anything so lets try with more planes.Bush went to war and america was behind him if you can remember.Obama didn't do a thing but brush it under the rug when our guys were begging for help. now whos fos.
I wasn't behind him. I remembered the entanglement of Viet Nam, and saw the same results coming in Iraq. Tell me what we got in return for $3 trillon added to the debt ,4000 Americans killed, and thousands returning without their arms and legs, Traumatic Brain Injury and Post war depression? We now even need a "Wounded Warriors" charity to help them return to a somewhat stable life. And you can justify that? Well, please tell me you can?
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#69 Nov 13, 2013
Just the minor difference that Dubya had advanced warning in 01 and did nothing while Clinton had no advanced warning and no opportunity to stop the 93 attack. Another significant difference was the death toll of over 3000 in the 2001 attack which was predicted for Dubya while the death toll in 1993 was 6 and not predicted. Looks like Clinton kept us 500 times safer than Dubya according to your warped thinking. Then there were the cruise missile attacks Clinton ordered on Afghanistan and the Sudan which cost thousands of dollars instead of the 2 trillion war started by Bush based on lies,-- Bush's own lies. I was not behind the Iraq attack because there were no WMDs, there was no uranium,--the entire thing was a lie. That ship was the USS Cole.
kelly wrote:
<quoted text> lets back up world trade center attacked(under clinton ) nothing was done.The ship i think (cold Sp )attacked (under Clinton) nothing was done .i guess Clinton was to busy in the oval office to do anything.i guess the the ones who kept attacking said hey those Americans aren't going to do anything so lets try with more planes.Bush went to war and america was behind him if you can remember.Obama didn't do a thing but brush it under the rug when our guys were begging for help. now whos fos.
Bubba

Rocky Mount, NC

#70 Nov 13, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
2009 was a huge hole to come out of. In order to get the economy re-started, Obama had to make huge decisions. Let GM go under and have a half a million more people be unemployed that also would require the taxpayers paying for unemployment benefits? Continue the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?(Ended the war in Iraq, and is ending the war in Afghanistan). Unemployment drops from 11% to 7% during his administration and trending lower. Record opportunity and activity on Wall Street for investors as the market continues to see success . Lower Home Mortgage loans to allow people a better chance to remain in their homes. Trying to solve the problem of illegals pushing imigration reform blocked by Republicans. Making significant changes in our children's eating consumption to make them healthier Americans than my or your generation.Continues to work on solutions for more jobs created but continually blocked by the House of Representative. Continues policy for Pell loans to help college students remain in school to graduate and become an educated and productive members of society. Continues to reseach ways for better and cleaner energy sources. And also, had time to assassinate the world's leading terrorist disrupting Al Qaida's plans for at least a period of time. Continues to fight for voting rights for ALL Americans, not just the groups that you want to vote. Endorses that ALL American have equal opportunity in the work place as well as in a lasting relationship bond where life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness becomes a definite reality in their personal lives. And finally, attemting to bring over 40 million men, women and CHILDERN into a system where they will be able to provide medical insurance for their families that previous to this time, was unaffordable to them. Any more? Of course, but this is all I will educate you on at this time.
Now, instead of brushing over it, list for me the main accomplishments of the Bush admistration. No ducking out. I want to see SPECIFICS. Thank you.
Very impressive list of half truths and unspecific statements of attempting,endorsing,taking credit for pell grants which have been in effect years before Obama,continuing to work on jobs with no result and even showing negative results and taking credit for the elimination of Bin Laden and then identifying the navy seals that actually done the job and losing their lives because of Obama. Give us a list of the things that he has accomplished and what are the plans for change that he has promised. Again, there is no need to compare bush against Obama, we need to compare Obama's ability to lead our nation from economic disaster instead of just talking about it and listing the reasons why he can't. And for the affordable healthcare that you are so proud of, you are the one in for the education. Even your own party is disassociating themselves from Obama.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#71 Nov 13, 2013
I would say that going from losing 1 million jobs per month to a positive rate of jobs growth a pretty remarkable accomplishment.

Going from banks failing, the stock market crashing, Wall Street fraud rampant to a slowly growing solvency is impressive.

Getting any of that done with republican obstruction every step of the way has been impressive.

I don't like everything Obama has done, but lets be real here bubba
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Very impressive list of half truths and unspecific statements of attempting,endorsing,taking credit for pell grants which have been in effect years before Obama,continuing to work on jobs with no result and even showing negative results and taking credit for the elimination of Bin Laden and then identifying the navy seals that actually done the job and losing their lives because of Obama. Give us a list of the things that he has accomplished and what are the plans for change that he has promised. Again, there is no need to compare bush against Obama, we need to compare Obama's ability to lead our nation from economic disaster instead of just talking about it and listing the reasons why he can't. And for the affordable healthcare that you are so proud of, you are the one in for the education. Even your own party is disassociating themselves from Obama.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#72 Nov 13, 2013
The health care law rollout and details is Obama's first really big screw up, but I think it will probably work out in the end. We have survived worse, like a 2 trillion dollar war and over 5000 of our young soldiers dead because of Bush's lies.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#74 Nov 14, 2013
Obama, the Master Liar.November,2014, will go down as the beginning of the end of Obamacare..
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#75 Nov 14, 2013
Are we now losing 1 million jobs per month like the end of 08? NO.

Are we now GAINING jobs instead of losing 1 million jobs per month? YES.

Are the banks failing now? NO.

Is Wall Street crashing like it was at the end of 08? NO.

Are there now regulations limiting Wall Street fraud? YES.

Are there more jobs now than at the end of 08? YES

If we were lining up to march into Heaven, would republikans bitch, whine, cry, piss and moan? YES
David523 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Criteria for calculating your Unemployment or any stat defines the issue. Obama has based his many problems using creative accounting in so many ways that a little peak behind the curtain reveals massive deception. A bit more legitimate employment picture can be seen using the U6 Employment Figures.
http://portalseven.com/employment/unemploymen...
Obviously, the method of calculating unemployment by the Obama Administration provides an EXTREMELY Deceptive Picture - LIE.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#76 Nov 14, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Very impressive list of half truths and unspecific statements of attempting,endorsing,taking credit for pell grants which have been in effect years before Obama,continuing to work on jobs with no result and even showing negative results and taking credit for the elimination of Bin Laden and then identifying the navy seals that actually done the job and losing their lives because of Obama. Give us a list of the things that he has accomplished and what are the plans for change that he has promised. Again, there is no need to compare bush against Obama, we need to compare Obama's ability to lead our nation from economic disaster instead of just talking about it and listing the reasons why he can't. And for the affordable healthcare that you are so proud of, you are the one in for the education. Even your own party is disassociating themselves from Obama.
But I am not disasscoiating with him. Read about his press conference that happened this morning on Obamacare and the extension given. That has to disappoint all you Obama naysayers. I think it is still important to compare Bush and Obama because Bush's policies of 2 unnecessary wars and the finacial meltdown in general has lead to trillions to the deficit. Bush killed the dog in the road. Obama is in charge of cleaning it up. Simple as that. Solving the problems of the largest economic disaster since the Great Depression is not an overnight task. What do want? Another Bush type Republican to lead?

“Vote”

Houston

#77 Nov 14, 2013
Insurers say it's too late to change the rules now.The other shoe is dropping also..More and more people are getting the bad news.They just can't afford it.Everyone is signing up for medicaid, only a fraction are opting for Obamacare.So, and I know the dems believe in fairytale math, the plain fact is is that there aren't, or won't be, enough MONEY to pay for this, but the dems on Topix all say"what about Bush"? What a gang of idiots! This isn't"my side, your side", you stupid fools, it's about WHERE'S THE FKING MONEY? I would LOVE Obamacare to work, but the MONEY WON'T BE THERE!
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#80 Nov 15, 2013
You should be aware that the federal reserve has nothing to do with the president. They are propping up our government's ability to PAY THEM BACK FOR THE MONEY WE ALREADY OWE WITH INTEREST. The federal reserve is a consortium of banks. They encourage borrowing because they charge interest. That is how they make money. Their lobbyist control our congress with "contributions". Our congress controls government spending. Result? We are being robbed.
We need to take monetary policy of the USA away from the federal reserve. We need to print our own money instead of allowing the federal reserve to create it and charge us for doing so. We need to arrest those in congress accepting the "contributions", give them a fair trial and then hang them.
David523 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are looking at a façade. Look behind the curtain. Do you know what the debt limit is all about? Here is a hint to get you started on seeing behind the curtain.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
If you understand the above, you know the following is FAR more representative of the health of America!
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#82 Nov 16, 2013
Those are interesting articles, thanks for pasting them for easy access. In reading these, I notice a few odd things about the articles: 1. Geroge Bush didn't leave office in October. He left office on Jan 20, 2009. The election wasn't even held until Nov 2008.
2. The article claims that this is the worst jobs situation since the 1960s. Excuse me. During 2008, 2,590,000 jobs were LOST.(that is two million five hundred ninety thousand jobs LOST IN 2008) So far during 2013, 1,863,300 jobs have been GAINED (that's one million eight hundred sixty three thousand three hundred jobs GAINED in 2013) Gaining almost 2 million jobs is worse than LOSING 2.5 million jobs in 08? You gotta be crazy to believe that
2008 was the only year in history when the economy lost over 500,000 jobs per month for consecutive months.

In view of all the inaccuracies and misrepresentations, I have to throw the BS flag on your articles .
3. The article says that there has been no economic recovery. Then it says there has been "sort of a recovery". Yep. I would say that not having failing banks and a crashing stock market is sort of a recovery. In fact, I call that sort of a miraculous recovery.
4. The article says that the federal reserve is screwing the poor and working class. That is not a new development , it has been happening since the federal reserve was established.
David523 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s really hard to respond to your post when considering your post at # 75, your naive position with Official/Formal independence of the Federal Reserve and the president with reality:
http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/frseries/f...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/201...
and my link at post # 78;
and multiple apparent broad contradictions in positions at your comment # 80. It looks like you're arguing both sides of the issue so you can be correct at least 50% of the time. BTW, I’m sure when Obama has met with the Federal Reserve – Chairman – they are not talking about the weather; Additionally, my links provide a bit more education for you as your post don’t provide much in the way of knowledge of the topic.

“Vote”

Houston

#85 Nov 16, 2013
The Obama employment figures are consistently deceiving.Many have given up searching for jobs, the advent of part time jobs in response to Obamacare has increased greatly, one wonders at the quality of life someone being paid for twenty hours a week could have....
Ben

Greer, SC

#86 Nov 17, 2013
David523 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Goal of this discussion is based on the failures of Obama, Obama Administration and Democrats, so unless you have access to a time machine, your constant harping and effort to attack historical political veterans is silly. While you seem to live your life in the Past and Fail to recognize the failures of today, it’s obvious you’re not seeking to improve problems but rather enjoy a life where you may highlight your claim of being a Victim - Ostrich. Many Americans have experienced and lived through the past challenges of America however have taken a mature perspective, have learned and seek to provide insight and guidance to avoid a repeat. Your post reveal a person stuck in the muck and issues of the past while ignoring greater transgression’s of today.
As expected you are so focused on the Façade that reality is not even seen. On any of the numbers for employment, the first issue to remember is (read):
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lenoir-nc/TGM...
As to Unemployed, I’ve pointed out many times stats are defined by the information and how it is used in the calculations. The horrible U6 Unemployment numbers tell you what was counted and how – something the government does not give under Obama. The Most Transparent Administration Ever! LOL
Can a person survive with a job working as few as 1 hour a week? Now while we don’t know what constitutes the Obama Unemployment Stats, the U6 Numbers tell us what unemployment looks like when these type people are removed from the stats. i.e.“the worst jobs situation since the 1960s.”
So as for the Economy, you don’t seem to understand that the Federal Reserve pumping 85 Billion Dollars into the economy each month is significantly what is maintaining the appearance of a healthy economy.
While the Federal Reserve has assisted the economy in the past NEVER to the Degree that Obama’s Federal Reserve has. America is in the same situation as GM. The bailout of GM significantly was a bailout of the Union. The result is GM went through a bankruptcy, as the Republicans had recommended before the hundreds of millions of bailout money was wasted, in June 2009.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/01/gm-b...
Remember what Obama said about the Auto Bailout Success in February 2009?
http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/28/news/economy/...
Obama has America running down the same road as GM EXCEPT, Obama is spending the needed Recovery Money Today to maintain a False appearance of a Healthy American Economy.
Perfect!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UK LEAVES EU, Obama saddened. 12 min Spinelli 183
The Logic Fails me: 41 min waco1909 277
Did God curse the Negro?. 1 hr Floridiot 45
Orlando Shooting STAGED!! Fake crying, reading ... 2 hr Localbusinessowner 97
George Will leaves GOP, over Trump. 4 hr Preacher Man 43
CIA Chief Brannen Warns Conservatives 5 hr Preacher Man 2
Coalition forces target ISIS-convoy leaving Fal... 8 hr Yes Liberal 1

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance