First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Quacks

Lenoir, NC

#21 Nov 14, 2012
There is a difference in being prepared for a desaster and prepping for this doomsday crap.

I've got supplies to last up to a month and can hunt too. Dooms day if you beleive the crap is the END. You won't need all the crap you are stock piling. Next you will say there really is zombies.
really

Newland, NC

#22 Nov 14, 2012
Quacks wrote:
There is a difference in being prepared for a desaster and prepping for this doomsday crap.

I've got supplies to last up to a month and can hunt too. Dooms day if you beleive the crap is the END. You won't need all the crap you are stock piling. Next you will say there really is zombies.
I agree many go beyond what is needed and push it to an obsession. When I speak of prepping, it is not because of the "doomsday" concern but rather the supplies,skills and ability to manage should we have a long term issue occur that is not the end.
really

Newland, NC

#23 Nov 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
I'm not prepping for any religious end of the world. I'm actually prepping to protect myself from religious nuts, especially the ones from the Middle East. And I vote Democrat. You should ALWAYS be prepared for something. Like you bet said, prep for storm and power outages. You never know what might happen.
Check out yesterday's news on power grids in the US. DHS survey shows how venerable the power grids are to attack, causing long term outages, due to lack of replacement parts and substations
Bob

Carolina Beach, NC

#24 Nov 15, 2012
Quacks wrote:
There is a difference in being prepared for a desaster and prepping for this doomsday crap.
I've got supplies to last up to a month and can hunt too. Dooms day if you beleive the crap is the END. You won't need all the crap you are stock piling. Next you will say there really is zombies.
"Doomsday prepping" isn't necessarily prepping for the end of the world. It's a general term for prepping for any sort of significant event, from storms to war. A storm is far more likely than a nuclear war, but by prepping for a severe storm, I'm also prepped for more serious events. Do I have gas masks and things like that? No, but I'm prepared to move if need be. Also, I'm prepped in case of something less serious happens, like my grocery store burns down, and I don't feel like driving the extra 30 minutes. Prepping is just common sense.

“WTFU”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#25 Nov 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
"Doomsday prepping" isn't necessarily prepping for the end of the world. It's a general term for prepping for any sort of significant event, from storms to war. A storm is far more likely than a nuclear war, but by prepping for a severe storm, I'm also prepped for more serious events. Do I have gas masks and things like that? No, but I'm prepared to move if need be. Also, I'm prepped in case of something less serious happens, like my grocery store burns down, and I don't feel like driving the extra 30 minutes. Prepping is just common sense.
we need a better water storage idea and a wood stove-then wed be set
Carolina Watchdog

Lenoir, NC

#26 Nov 16, 2012
Hopefully no one in your family has monthly prescriptions to be filled....imagine your kids without electricity = no video games, tv, microwave, etc, etc....starting to sound a bit stressful....food, guns, firewood, camping attitudes - best be able to blow something up or guns will come to take your guns & food...a big boom will make them back up...oh dear are we running out of toliet paper already?
really

York, SC

#27 Nov 16, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>"Doomsday prepping" isn't necessarily prepping for the end of the world. It's a general term for prepping for any sort of significant event, from storms to war. A storm is far more likely than a nuclear war, but by prepping for a severe storm, I'm also prepped for more serious events. Do I have gas masks and things like that? No, but I'm prepared to move if need be. Also, I'm prepped in case of something less serious happens, like my grocery store burns down, and I don't feel like driving the extra 30 minutes. Prepping is just common sense.
It is just common sense and alittle effort . I wish the reality shows did not show the extreme Preppers, which I even think is overboard, but then again maybe they are right. They are so many day to day items we take for granted. If the day comes these items are not readily available then you will see the worst in people appear quickly
really

York, SC

#28 Nov 16, 2012
The most Dangerest thing on earth" Is stupid people in large numbers" only thing worse is same stupid people with no back up plan or resources.

“WTFU”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#29 Nov 19, 2012
we have back up meds for sure. and yes the doomsday show,sometimes i think is a bit extreme. but thinkning again-it would be nice to have a bunker.but alas well make it .
really

Greer, SC

#30 Nov 19, 2012
Prepper Chick wrote:
we have back up meds for sure. and yes the doomsday show,sometimes i think is a bit extreme. but thinkning again-it would be nice to have a bunker.but alas well make it .
I surprises me sometimes how easy it is to overlook basic items that we should have backup supplies of. We always think of the food and water but they are so many day to day items that are so easy to forget when prepping.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#31 Nov 20, 2012
The funny thing about fight or flight instinct... It's just as natural to lay down and die. In the end we are all going to die, so why fight it?

Since: Dec 11

United States

#32 Nov 21, 2012
GV4L wrote:
The funny thing about fight or flight instinct... It's just as natural to lay down and die. In the end we are all going to die, so why fight it?
I'd disagree that its "just as natural". Fight or flight happens many many times in your life. You only lay down and die once. And most people fight that.

Since: Dec 11

United States

#33 Nov 21, 2012
wally wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to agree with you. Hard to get a sensible thread going.
Maybe start the thread with a title more troll repellent. Like emergency preparedness. I'd be willing to swap thoughts with you.
really

Boiling Springs, SC

#34 Nov 21, 2012
GV4L wrote:
The funny thing about fight or flight instinct... It's just as natural to lay down and die. In the end we are all going to die, so why fight it?
Everyone thinks of doomsday as the end. What if it is only a regional issue like widespread power outages or something along those lines . Then you just lay down and die?? Of course not

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#35 Nov 21, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone thinks of doomsday as the end. What if it is only a regional issue like widespread power outages or something along those lines . Then you just lay down and die?? Of course not
If it's a power outage, I'll wait. If it's the last day on earth, I'll lay down and die.

dooms·day/&#712;do&#86 2;omz&#716;d&#257;/
Noun:

1.The last day of the world's existence.
2.(in Christian belief) The day of the Last Judgment.
really

Boiling Springs, SC

#36 Nov 21, 2012
GV4L wrote:
<quoted text>If it's a power outage, I'll wait. If it's the last day on earth, I'll lay down and die.

dooms·day/&#712;do&#8 62;omz&#716;d&#257;/
Noun:

1.The last day of the world's existence.
2.(in Christian belief) The day of the Last Judgment.
I agree the word doomsday is being misused. Emergency prepping would be a more accurate terminology
curious

Cowpens, SC

#37 Mar 22, 2013
holbomb wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe start the thread with a title more troll repellent. Like emergency preparedness. I'd be willing to swap thoughts with you.
Is there any preparedness groups around here. Not the doomsday type but the if shtf be ready types?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New Y... 6 min Manapua 77
Michigan passes voter ID bill, Thanks Jill Stei... 13 min Waco1909 1
Waco's A LW Closet Idiot 45 min Waco1909 12
CIA said Russia interfered with elections. 48 min Waco1909 20
Anti Trump riots spread. 2 hr Waco1909 537
After Eight Years Of Obama Presidency 2 hr Waco1909 6
To All Fools Voting For Trump 3 hr Waco1909 221

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages