Lizzard lick Toad speaks

Grifton, NC

#143 Apr 22, 2014
Sheriff Alan Jones

A PROVEN LEADER

On February 19, 2007, I was appointed Sheriff of Caldwell County and elected as Sheriff in 2010. It has been an honor to serve as Sheriff and I take my responsibilities to the citizens of Caldwell County very seriously.

Since becoming Sheriff, our office has been faced a tough economy and tight budgets. We have continually tried to be good stewards of your tax dollars giving back over 1.5 Million dollars since 2007. We have worked to build partnerships within our community to strengthen relationships with the citizens we serve. I have been very fortunate to be the leader of a fine group of men and women that care about the citizens of Caldwell County.

I sincerely believe that my officers and I make a difference in the lives of the citizens of this county by providing honest, professional and unbiased law enforcement services. I go about my daily business as Sheriff, always willing to help someone in need regardless of their political affiliation or standing in the community. I want to continue to serve as Sheriff in Caldwell County in order to make a positive difference for all of Caldwell County. I know you share in my goal of making our county a safe place to live, work and raise a family.

My 26 years of law enforcement experience, 19 of which in supervisory positions, along with my advanced education and training shows that I am a PROVEN LEADER. I would like to ask for your vote during early voting April 24th through May 3rd or on primary day May 6th. Again, it is an honor to serve as your Sheriff and I ask for your continued support.

Professionally,

Alan C. Jones

Sheriff of Caldwell County
say what

Barnwell, SC

#144 Apr 22, 2014
Lizzard lick Toad speaks wrote:
Sheriff Alan Jones
A PROVEN LEADER
On February 19, 2007, I was appointed Sheriff of Caldwell County and elected as Sheriff in 2010. It has been an honor to serve as Sheriff and I take my responsibilities to the citizens of Caldwell County very seriously.
Since becoming Sheriff, our office has been faced a tough economy and tight budgets. We have continually tried to be good stewards of your tax dollars giving back over 1.5 Million dollars since 2007. We have worked to build partnerships within our community to strengthen relationships with the citizens we serve. I have been very fortunate to be the leader of a fine group of men and women that care about the citizens of Caldwell County.
I sincerely believe that my officers and I make a difference in the lives of the citizens of this county by providing honest, professional and unbiased law enforcement services. I go about my daily business as Sheriff, always willing to help someone in need regardless of their political affiliation or standing in the community. I want to continue to serve as Sheriff in Caldwell County in order to make a positive difference for all of Caldwell County. I know you share in my goal of making our county a safe place to live, work and raise a family.
My 26 years of law enforcement experience, 19 of which in supervisory positions, along with my advanced education and training shows that I am a PROVEN LEADER. I would like to ask for your vote during early voting April 24th through May 3rd or on primary day May 6th. Again, it is an honor to serve as your Sheriff and I ask for your continued support.
Professionally,
Alan C. Jones
There is no response to that. It says it all. Vote Jones. Here would be Wilson rebuttal though. I am an unproven leader. I have served under someones supervision for well, um always. I weigh trucks. I was given a grant position with the state. I passed trooper school after failing only once. I am.on the finest law organization in the free world next to CSI NewYork of course. I am not very smart but I was called to be your sheriff, no wait. I was called to be your preacher, oh boy, I know I was called for sure to whichever one I can get a job with. I was called to be a Master Trooper. That's it. Now I was or am called to be the 2nd amendment enforcer. I was called to have Ben Griffin in my pocket. I am called to deny that Ben Griffin is in my pocket. I am called to be a democrat liberal pretending to be a conservative.I am called to be the moral police of everyone. I am high and mighty as I was called to be. Anyway I am calling on you to vote for me. As we are all called to a new beginning. Get off of the fence and join the rest of us Democrats.
Putnam

Loudon, TN

#145 Apr 22, 2014
Shaire wrote:
<quoted text>why has he betrayed? What has he done against the public? Nothing. No way. The office itself is one of public office. Jones was elected. Public put him in, and will again. So for you to say betrayed is a stretch at best. Wilson will fall straight on his face if he wins. I do not like either one, but Wilson has no business even running. Did you see the comparison or qualifications in the paper? Lol. Wilson has deemed himself as qualified. Too funny. Weighing trucks is not a masters degree. Jones has done an ok job. I do not support taking a chance on a scale jockey.
Jones betrayed because he is corrupt, he has not lead anyone or anything. He has had numerous scandals and improprieties while in office, he has wasted millions of dollars while having an 8% recovery rate on crime, he has not passed any of that high education to anyone because he has had more deputies killed and shot than any other sheriff! he has continuously promoted people of immoral character that have committed criminal acts! but Jones still keeps them employed. Jones has been sued and paid out more money than any sheriff in history. All this is factual and has been documented through the news. There is much more, so that more than constitutes betraying the public trust. I'll break it down for you, Jones was elected and entrusted to run the office of sheriff properly and use good judgement, ethics and morals. Since he hasn't done any of that, he has betrayed the public trust, so,he isn't qualified to be sheriff. Wilson will be a great Sheriff, just wait, and by the way, he won't be keeping you, but you know that. Your computer skills betray you and you should be working for that paycheck!
Lol!
Putnam

Loudon, TN

#146 Apr 22, 2014
Sheriff Alan Jones
A PROVEN LEADER
Professionally,
Alan C. Jones
Translated; I want to keep getting paid for not doing anything but putting officers lives in danger, I am supposed to be getting a huge raise and I have some people that I owe favors too. I have ridden the coat tails of others by kissing ass and not really doing anything. No other police department will have me since I am worthless, I have been sheriff through some tough times that I brought on myself and will use the death or tragedy of anyone to get vote because I have no morals. I have fooled everyone for this long, so why the hell don't you just vote me in again. Thanks for your vote,
Sheriff Unproven Leader
oh really

Lenoir, NC

#147 Apr 22, 2014
say what wrote:
<quoted text>There is no response to that. It says it all. Vote Jones. Here would be Wilson rebuttal though. I am an unproven leader. I have served under someones supervision for well, um always. I weigh trucks. I was given a grant position with the state. I passed trooper school after failing only once. I am.on the finest law organization in the free world next to CSI NewYork of course. I am not very smart but I was called to be your sheriff, no wait. I was called to be your preacher, oh boy, I know I was called for sure to whichever one I can get a job with. I was called to be a Master Trooper. That's it. Now I was or am called to be the 2nd amendment enforcer. I was called to have Ben Griffin in my pocket. I am called to deny that Ben Griffin is in my pocket. I am called to be a democrat liberal pretending to be a conservative.I am called to be the moral police of everyone. I am high and mighty as I was called to be. Anyway I am calling on you to vote for me. As we are all called to a new beginning. Get off of the fence and join the rest of us Democrats.
Join the rest of the Democrats? Ok so that means I vote for Jones right? Tell me I am wrong. You know whats funny about that whole situation. Jones being a lifelong Democrat isn't even liked by the Democrat Party, he has to pretend to be a Republican to get some votes from people who dont have enough sense to drive much less vote... you know kind of like you.
Unproven Deadbeat

Garner, NC

#148 Apr 22, 2014
Please keep me in office. How am I supposed to keep on making a living doing nothing? I really don't know much because my degrees were given to me by family at App State. How are the rest of my bootlicking lackeys supposed to make a living doing nothing? How are the people that "resigned" supposed to keep their certifications I'm holding? If I'm gone, who will continue to run the jail into the ground? How am I supposed to keep getting nice things fort command staff while my deputies drive around in cars with high miles? Please I'm begging you sheep of Caldwell County, ease vote me back in.

Alan "Cutthroat" Jones
Photo Op

Garner, NC

#149 Apr 22, 2014
Here we are again threatened with our jobs and told to take pics of our ballots. BJ "The Ogre" Fore rolling up and down the hallways looming for traitors. That's why I shut my door. I've got cases to solve and can't be fooling with this politics BS.
hellish

Hickory, NC

#150 Apr 23, 2014
this county's sheriffs have all been corrupt for years and years and years....didn't anyone see the national news about caldwell/burke/catawba is 5th most miserable cities to live in THE NATION. i was born and raised in caldwell county i would say caldwell county is the most miserable of the three....i do find it funny on the sheriffs department face book when i see drug busts with captions that always start with SHERIFF ALAN C. JONES ANNOUNCES and the whole caption is completely TRUMPED the F**K up because its election year. and i get a kick out of the people who comment that believe he has "ended a terror of meth distribution" and is cleaning up the streets......the streets are far from clean....and I MEAN FAR FROM CLEAN. caldwell county does not use street sweepers to physically clean the street and jones hasn't cleaned the county streets of drugs dealers either...its impossible to arrest every dealer and drugs and dealers are always gonna be around BUT HE HASNT EVEN PUT A DENT IN THE DRUG PROBLEM OF THIS MISERABLE PLACE
RHaas

Barnwell, SC

#151 Apr 23, 2014
hellish wrote:
this county's sheriffs have all been corrupt for years and years and years....didn't anyone see the national news about caldwell/burke/catawba is 5th most miserable cities to live in THE NATION. i was born and raised in caldwell county i would say caldwell county is the most miserable of the three....i do find it funny on the sheriffs department face book when i see drug busts with captions that always start with SHERIFF ALAN C. JONES ANNOUNCES and the whole caption is completely TRUMPED the F**K up because its election year. and i get a kick out of the people who comment that believe he has "ended a terror of meth distribution" and is cleaning up the streets......the streets are far from clean....and I MEAN FAR FROM CLEAN. caldwell county does not use street sweepers to physically clean the street and jones hasn't cleaned the county streets of drugs dealers either...its impossible to arrest every dealer and drugs and dealers are always gonna be around BUT HE HASNT EVEN PUT A DENT IN THE DRUG PROBLEM OF THIS MISERABLE PLACE
The thing is that EVERY sitting politician past and present is corrupt or has been corrupt to a certain extent or they would never have won the seat. Every single one. That is where it becomes difficult for me to understand how a preacher (who should be above any reproach) can be a politician unless he puts the preacher part aside which you cannot do if you are a true preacher. This is a dangerous game that is being played. Either you are a preacher or a politician. At some point even the finest man will be put into a situation where he compromises his principles and puts God second or last. It will happen often. There is none perfect but one, and we are all weak. It will happen. These two fields should NEVER mix. A preacher is not just a Christian. I wish more Christian people held office. A preacher is of a higher standard though. It is laid out plainly in the good book. Good luck to all involved and I sincerely hope that Mr. Wilson searching soul searching and figures out who he wishes to be deep down.
McGavin

Valdese, NC

#152 Apr 23, 2014
Shaire wrote:
<quoted text>there are Far more pressing wasteful spending than the sheriff's dept. Have you viewed our county 716-dch? If not , do so. Think you may have a different opinion of our budget. Sorry for your experience with the B&E. That sucks no matter who you are. Do some research and view our wasteful project if the last 4 years to include COUNTY funds used in the "art" projects around our wonderfully cultured citizens. Lol. People can't feed their families but we can drive by and see a tin tree of birds twirling in the wind or a giant saw blade that looks like a portal to another dimension, however, DSS is by far the most wasteful spending in our beloved county. It has been for eleven years running and will continue to be.
Dang! Stay on subject why don't you?! Like nobody gets what you are trying to do by bringing up all this other mess. We are voting for sheriff in case you haven't noticed! He is over law enforcement from the sheriff's department, not over budgets and what crazy fool stuff that the powers that be finance.

Stop trying to take the focus off the sheriff's race already.
The tactic is done every time that things start getting too hot to handle, and people do
notice it.
common man

Barnwell, SC

#153 Apr 23, 2014
say what wrote:
<quoted text>There is no response to that. It says it all. Vote Jones. Here would be Wilson rebuttal though. I am an unproven leader. I have served under someones supervision for well, um always. I weigh trucks. I was given a grant position with the state. I passed trooper school after failing only once. I am.on the finest law organization in the free world next to CSI NewYork of course. I am not very smart but I was called to be your sheriff, no wait. I was called to be your preacher, oh boy, I know I was called for sure to whichever one I can get a job with. I was called to be a Master Trooper. That's it. Now I was or am called to be the 2nd amendment enforcer. I was called to have Ben Griffin in my pocket. I am called to deny that Ben Griffin is in my pocket. I am called to be a democrat liberal pretending to be a conservative.I am called to be the moral police of everyone. I am high and mighty as I was called to be. Anyway I am calling on you to vote for me. As we are all called to a new beginning. Get off of the fence and join the rest of us Democrats.
To imply that Lance is using the Lords calling as a way to get more money is not decent. Lance does talk slow but does that make him dumb? I know that Lance is not the smartest person with degrees I'm sure but I do know that he is a good man and will be obedient as much as he can be. Lance is a very street wise person and a great officer of the law. If God called him or not is not up to you to laugh at. I don't think it takes intelligence to be sheriff, just a willingness to put the right people in place in the command staff and delegate all the duties which is what he will do. I think he will motivate and inspire people to do their job. There is no doubt that my vote will go to Wilson. I would rather have an obedient Christian than loads of degrees or intelligence anyday!
change is good

Lenoir, NC

#154 Apr 23, 2014
Sheriff Alan Jones
A PROVEN LEADER
Professionally,
Alan C. Jones
Proven leader now that's a laugh
Wake-Up-People

Lenoir, NC

#156 May 2, 2014
EarlyVoter wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, funny how after they heard their Unproven Leader step all over himself on the radio, they needed to attack Lance. That is what is wrong with the Jones campaign, one of the many things. Can't ride the most educated sheriff phrase, anymore since people heard him speak. Jones is finished, the scandals, the overspending, the lawsuits and the high turnover.....jones didn't even know what his budget was when asked, B j must have been in the break room finishing off the donuts. Jones is an idiot and a liar and in about 3 weeks, we will be done with him.
JONES is the man for the job. Now that the bad seeds are gone.( officers taking advantage of there jobs.) Jones has got a great team in the Sheriffs Office now. They do a great job serving an pertecting me an you. Jones is a Republican,just the person in office the way obama on his Power Trip with Executive Orders around an we have 2 1/2 more years. Guess we can thank people like you for that. Worst thing about Lance (NEW BEGINNING) faith.morals,honesty, now thats your liar,deceiving churches,no morals to bring religion in the game of politics.but its ok. He needs to keep his Hwy job.
Follow the Money

Smithfield, NC

#157 May 2, 2014
One should worry when a campaign cannot turn in a correct finance report. Not once but twice. Jones may not be perfect, but how can you trust a candidate that might be trying to hide money donations. You decide.
what

United States

#158 May 2, 2014
Follow the Money wrote:
One should worry when a campaign cannot turn in a correct finance report. Not once but twice. Jones may not be perfect, but how can you trust a candidate that might be trying to hide money donations. You decide.
Nice try. Somehow Wilson's clerical error fails to even be in the same ballpark with jones long list of cover ups including the sex scandals, employee embezzlement, house arrest sgt sexual issues and ridiculously low property recovery rates. As the article stated, it's not uncommon errors made on the report and no matter how hard Jones try to spin it, it was an honest mistake on Wilson's part. Instead of worrying about Wilson's file being corrected, maybe Jones should work on finding the employee file the judge requested twice before letting a cop shooter walk on a mistrial. And speaking of working, whose keeping the citizens safe? It appears all the deputies are working the polls? Is that on tax payer time I wonder? As one officer recently stated, they have no choice except to work the polls. Ever heard of the Hatch Act?
DeputyKnows

Lenoir, NC

#159 May 2, 2014
Follow the Money wrote:
I voted for Lance, I can't stand by and be quiet any longer. I have been told to follow people with Lance bumper stickers, make notes of people with Lance signs in their yard. I have been told not to go to church where Lance goes, I have been told not to talk about things that I have seen and heard while working at the sheriffs office. I pray Lance wins, Sheriff Jones is not a good person.
Jones the Joke

Lenoir, NC

#160 May 2, 2014
Wake-Up-People wrote:
<quoted text> JONES is the man for the job. Now that the bad seeds are gone.( officers taking advantage of there jobs.) Jones has got a great team in the Sheriffs Office now. They do a great job serving an pertecting me an you. Jones is a Republican,just the person in office the way obama on his Power Trip with Executive Orders around an we have 2 1/2 more years. Guess we can thank people like you for that. Worst thing about Lance (NEW BEGINNING) faith.morals,honesty, now thats your liar,deceiving churches,no morals to bring religion in the game of politics.but its ok. He needs to keep his Hwy job.
Sooooo much stupid in this post its not even funny. Now that the bad seeds are gone? LMFAO, are you serious? All the bad seeds that left did so because Jones had no choice, it was that or face public media coverage after the SBI was done with them. He still holds their certifications you twit and there is a good chance they will come back after the election if he wins, after all the six from last year are still supporting him. That should send an obvious message to even someone as dense as you. What about all the bad seeds still in command staff positions? Seriously do you live under a rock or something! I guess letting an embezzler walk away with MY tax money with no charges is ok with you. Maybe you live off welfare and could care less about tax money.

The biggest complete joke you mentioned is the fact Jones is a Republican. JONES IS A LIFELONG DEMOCRAT!!!!!! Jones only changed when Clark died and he had to be a Republican to get the job. Jones probably voted for Obama you idiot. Had Jones not switched parties and produced a fake death bed letter supposedly from Clark then he wouldn't have been picked anyways. Two other people more qualified from outside the department were in the running and were far and away better than Jones. Jones is the BIGGEST LIE this Retardican party has ever perpetrated on the people of this county and hence the reason I am Independent now. Look around sheeple, look at the choices you people have made for this county and where it is now. Do any of you geniuses think you are qualified to pick elected officials.
Marty

Hudson, NC

#161 May 2, 2014
Everybody knows that Wilson is qualified. He can weigh a truck with little or no help at all. At his current pace it will only take him about 10 years to become competent enough to have one of them rickshaw looking mopeds and be a meter maid.
Martys Butt

United States

#162 May 3, 2014
Hey everyone, I'm Marty's butt speaking the praises of the elusive Sheriff Jones. He's a good Sheriff, every 4 years. He gets plenty of dope off the street, every 4 years. He is seen walking the hallways and talking highly of his people, every 4 years. Take a picture of him if you see him out because I'm not sure how much longer you see him.
Marty

Lenoir, NC

#163 May 3, 2014
Hey everyone I AM Marty. I have triple chins and can't keep my women. Hell I even buy them fake tits and then the next fellow gets to enjoy them. I can make signs and steal them too. I try to grow a beard but its too patchy so I leave it a five o'clock shadow. I'm walking around at 5'6" and 290lbs like I'm one hard ass cowboy but in face I lay awake at nite in the fetal position with ptsd. I'm so damned fat the bullets couldn't miss. But hey its ok, I got famous! My mouth usually is filled with BJs meat so I don't talk much. Well anyway, just introducing myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courthouse Confederate statue is Shameful! 19 min Will E Lynch 7
Would you sleep with Karen Wynne of WLOS News 13?. 23 min Andy 1
Never Work At Advance Pierre Foods in Claremont... (Mar '12) 23 hr Bill 26
Local Politics Do you approve of Wayne F. Abele as Commissioner? Jul 25 CanPeopleNotSee 7
The City of Morganton "Picks and Chooses" which... (Sep '14) Jul 25 CanPeopleNotSee 6
Court House Move Jul 22 Pecker 3
Phifer Wellness Center Jul 18 greenman 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages