say what

Lenoir, NC

#103 Apr 17, 2014
McGavin wrote:
<quoted text>I'm on the outside looking in when it comes to churches.(I don't go to one specific church all the time) That being the case, I haven't seen an excessive amount of using God and churches by either party. Mr. Wilson had the New Beginning thing at the CC fairgrounds with the Inspirations and Steve Warren singing. He makes his values known. I have not seen any of his signs that have said anything about "vote for me, God wants me as sheriff." I still believe the problem is not that he is abusing his position as a preacher for political gain, but that people are afraid that he will put a stop to a lot of crime around here because of his sense of right and wrong.
You nailed it perfectly. Lance is about doing the right thing. He's not in this for politics or to be part of the good old boy system. He is not shy about his faith but also he is not using it as a political crutch. Lance is always very active in the churches and not just at election time. I personally am not so active in the church but Lance treats me and everyone the same regardless. Simply put, Lance is truly a good moral guy and even his non supporters don't disagree with that. I know Lance very well and he does have a true passion and desire to see this county cleaned up and to see law enforcement take a firm stance towards making this a better place. They are nothing fake about him.
Truth vs Knowledge

Grifton, NC

#104 Apr 18, 2014
McGavin wrote:
<quoted text>
I get you-just because we don't know the whole facts of what has happened during the time
Mr. Jones has been in office doesn't change the truth of those facts. Slander is not slander when it's the truth, and the same holds true for libel.
Everything that Mr. Wilson's campaign has reported has been backed up with facts. It's not his fault that the current administration doesn't appreciate us knowing those facts.
Exactly I am glad you understand it, because what it means is the Truth has never changed only the Knowledge of it. Everything done in darkness eventually will be brought into the light.
So it is writen

Grifton, NC

#105 Apr 19, 2014
Mathew
Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

Jeremiah
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

John
The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.

Romans
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

John
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Prophet

Lenoir, NC

#106 Apr 19, 2014
So it is writen wrote:
Mathew
Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
Jeremiah
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.
John
The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.
Romans
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
John
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
I knew it.....even GOD knows Jones is evil along with all he says and all of those that support him. It is time we return a true Christian to the Sheriffs office, vote Lance Wilson!
So it is writen

Grifton, NC

#107 Apr 19, 2014
Prophet wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it.....even GOD knows Jones is evil along with all he says and all of those that support him. It is time we return a true Christian to the Sheriffs office, vote Lance Wilson!
I laugh at you if you think im siding with either one of them...... One speaks lies the other partial truths.... Speak Truth as it will set you free
Prophet

Lenoir, NC

#108 Apr 19, 2014
So it is writen wrote:
<quoted text>
I laugh at you if you think im siding with either one of them...... One speaks lies the other partial truths.... Speak Truth as it will set you free
No problem, I just appreciate you using scripture to further prove that Sheriff Jones is not a moral man and that we need to bring Christianity back to the sheriffs office. I agree with you though, Jones and BJ both speak lies, not any partial truths..
Vote Wilson for Sheriff
McGavin

Valdese, NC

#109 Apr 19, 2014
So, let's see. We have an anonymous poster that chooses to begin the "One verse Charlie" show. What do we know about said poster?
Nothing, except (s)he is anonymous. While I firmly believe God's word won't come back to Him void, I also know that not everyone that says Lord, Lord is His. I don't know you to say if you are or if you are not, that is between you and God. BUT....

I also know that by insinuation, the poster is saying not to vote in such a way that will advance either person, which leads to a lesser voter margin and more of a chance for Mr. Jones to make it back in again.

So it is written, shall we all do a write in vote for you? You behave as if you are on the outside looking in, superior. I guess the rest of us don't have enough sense to figure things out for ourselves. What in the world would us underlings ever do without someone to tell us what to do?.
Read a Real Book

Lenoir, NC

#110 Apr 19, 2014
One of the founders laws - no mixture of church and state. Enough said! Plus, anybody that aligns with Ben Griffin should be ran out of the county on a stick!
Realtor

Lenoir, NC

#111 Apr 20, 2014
Read a Real Book wrote:
One of the founders laws - no mixture of church and state. Enough said! Plus, anybody that aligns with Ben Griffin should be ran out of the county on a stick!
That's what we said about Jones when Ben supported him in 2010!
Vote for the candidate, not the supporter!
momof2eg

Casar, NC

#112 Apr 20, 2014
Read a Real Book wrote:
Ben supported Alan personally and financially in 2010 against Brackett. So grab your torches and pitchforks. Which candidate are you going to chase the hardest??? Also, Lance has been a preacher for years. Is he supposed to quit preaching now just because he's running for Sheriff?
So it is writen He says

Grifton, NC

#113 Apr 21, 2014
McGavin wrote:
So, let's see. We have an anonymous poster that chooses to begin the "One verse Charlie" show. What do we know about said poster?
Nothing, except (s)he is anonymous. While I firmly believe God's word won't come back to Him void, I also know that not everyone that says Lord, Lord is His. I don't know you to say if you are or if you are not, that is between you and God. BUT....
I also know that by insinuation, the poster is saying not to vote in such a way that will advance either person, which leads to a lesser voter margin and more of a chance for Mr. Jones to make it back in again.
So it is written, shall we all do a write in vote for you? You behave as if you are on the outside looking in, superior. I guess the rest of us don't have enough sense to figure things out for ourselves. What in the world would us underlings ever do without someone to tell us what to do?.
Are we all not on the outside looking in? Yes we are. Some however tend to look harder than others. It is easy to continually bombard people with past tense misconduct issues, yet never addressing the facts regarding it. What we continue to see is partial truths about it and nothing about correcting it. We also see many times post regarding current staff and how they worry about their jobs, why are they so nervous? We also see many post stating that current staff is feeding information to the opponent unknown to the current sheriff, but none will come forward and that is simply dismissed as they are afraid to do so bc they are job scared should Wilson not make Sheriff. What does that say to you? To me it says nothing much will change corruption will still rule the roost, and I say this with knowing it to be so, simply bc anyone in uniform that has participated or has known of these things are Guilty of failing their Oath to Protect and Serve the Public. Morals I think not.
McGavin

Valdese, NC

#114 Apr 21, 2014
So it is writen He says wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we all not on the outside looking in? Yes we are. Some however tend to look harder than others. It is easy to continually bombard people with past tense misconduct issues, yet never addressing the facts regarding it. What we continue to see is partial truths about it and nothing about correcting it. We also see many times post regarding current staff and how they worry about their jobs, why are they so nervous? We also see many post stating that current staff is feeding information to the opponent unknown to the current sheriff, but none will come forward and that is simply dismissed as they are afraid to do so bc they are job scared should Wilson not make Sheriff. What does that say to you? To me it says nothing much will change corruption will still rule the roost, and I say this with knowing it to be so, simply bc anyone in uniform that has participated or has known of these things are Guilty of failing their Oath to Protect and Serve the Public. Morals I think not.
There's going to be a sheriff elected. It's how elections work-someone wins, takes over the position and someone loses, going home. Now having that absolute fact established, there
will be a sheriff. Breaking it down-do I want a sheriff in office who has a bad track record that I know will continue on status quo? Do I want to take a chance by voting for someone different that is a fresh face and a new start? As long as present administration is in office, we the people will NEVER know the truth of what has happened in the CCSD, nor will we have the assurance that said activity has stopped. Realistically, why would it stop if Mr. Jones is re-elected? He would then know that the citizens of Caldwell County are in such a stupor that they don't care what goes on.

Well I care. If in a situation that I have to call LE, I don't want to be faced with county employees who refuse to do their jobs. My property is MINE. The things I have, I have worked hard to gain. I have the right to ownership. To call an officer out because of thieves only to be told there's nothing that can be done and they won't even bother to dust for finger prints because they don't do that anymore is not an acceptable answer to me. Property theft numbers have always been crap around here, but that could change if both citizens and LE were willing to work together. No more narc deals either. It's time that people see that the law is the same straight across the board for everybody.

The current sheriff has already proven that he won't do anything beyond what he's already been doing. It ain't broke for him, so he isn't going to fix it if he stays in.

We have a chance to at least try for a change.

As long as we keep on accepting what we accept, then the administration is going to keep on giving what it gives.

As citizens of Caldwell County, ARE YOU OK WITH THAT?
So it is writen He says

Grifton, NC

#115 Apr 21, 2014
McGavin wrote:
<quoted text>
There's going to be a sheriff elected. It's how elections work-someone wins, takes over the position and someone loses, going home. Now having that absolute fact established, there
will be a sheriff. Breaking it down-do I want a sheriff in office who has a bad track record that I know will continue on status quo? Do I want to take a chance by voting for someone different that is a fresh face and a new start? As long as present administration is in office, we the people will NEVER know the truth of what has happened in the CCSD, nor will we have the assurance that said activity has stopped. Realistically, why would it stop if Mr. Jones is re-elected? He would then know that the citizens of Caldwell County are in such a stupor that they don't care what goes on.
Well I care. If in a situation that I have to call LE, I don't want to be faced with county employees who refuse to do their jobs. My property is MINE. The things I have, I have worked hard to gain. I have the right to ownership. To call an officer out because of thieves only to be told there's nothing that can be done and they won't even bother to dust for finger prints because they don't do that anymore is not an acceptable answer to me. Property theft numbers have always been crap around here, but that could change if both citizens and LE were willing to work together. No more narc deals either. It's time that people see that the law is the same straight across the board for everybody.
The current sheriff has already proven that he won't do anything beyond what he's already been doing. It ain't broke for him, so he isn't going to fix it if he stays in.
We have a chance to at least try for a change.
As long as we keep on accepting what we accept, then the administration is going to keep on giving what it gives.
As citizens of Caldwell County, ARE YOU OK WITH THAT?
Sounds like you have a problem with the way things currently are around here, so what are you gonna do about it? Vote oh yes, the mighty vote. You think it will change anything? Nope because they stick together like glue, the proof of it is there the back biting the I will tell you a secret only if you swear I keep my job first, come on man cant you see those who know about the corruption and are speaking about it hush style is staying on board, how is that moral or ethical? it is not. How many victims do you think there are in Caldwell County.. to many to count. How many officers will remain job intact that either participated or has knowledge of it many. So before you go around using words like Honor, Honesty, Integrity lets have some first....
heyPotImKettle

Barnwell, SC

#116 Apr 21, 2014
momof2eg wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben supported Alan personally and financially in 2010 against Brackett. So grab your torches and pitchforks. Which candidate are you going to chase the hardest??? Also, Lance has been a preacher for years. Is he supposed to quit preaching now just because he's running for Sheriff?
you Wilson people kill me. Ben is corrupt. He supported Jones, who you people hate and think is bad , yet now Ben is bankrolling Lance Wilson for sheriff and he will be the greatest new beginning since Noah walked off of the ark. What make you think Wilson is worth anything if he has now taken over the suckling of Ben's tit?
say what

Newton, NC

#117 Apr 21, 2014
Why has Wilson never made "rank" with the NCSHP?

In what capacity has Wilson ever held a supervisory or leadership role?

Jones has his skeletons, I'll bet you Lance may not have them but will accumulate them over a term in office.....after all the reason for being elected is to be re-elected right?
McGavin

Valdese, NC

#118 Apr 21, 2014
So it is writen He says wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have a problem with the way things currently are around here, so what are you gonna do about it? Vote oh yes, the mighty vote. You think it will change anything? Nope because they stick together like glue, the proof of it is there the back biting the I will tell you a secret only if you swear I keep my job first, come on man cant you see those who know about the corruption and are speaking about it hush style is staying on board, how is that moral or ethical? it is not. How many victims do you think there are in Caldwell County.. to many to count. How many officers will remain job intact that either participated or has knowledge of it many. So before you go around using words like Honor, Honesty, Integrity lets have some first....
So what are you suggesting as a way to change things around here if voting is not the answer to the problem?

Now that is an answer that I await with anticipation to hear.

C'mon Fix It Man/Woman, let's hear all about your way.

Don't assume people will jump on your bandwagon, but be tough enough to stand up and say your piece at least.

If I don't get an answer to my question, you aren't worth paying attention to because that makes you a blow hard trouble maker with no real solutions yourself.
McGavin

Valdese, NC

#119 Apr 21, 2014
say what wrote:
Jones has his skeletons, I'll bet you Lance may not have them but will accumulate them over a term in office.....after all the reason for being elected is to be re-elected right?
So, we resort to Minority Report style law enforcement, both in practice and in voting eh?

I would have never thought a small community like Caldwell County would have the
technology to know what someone is going to do before they do it.

Color me surprised.
say what

Lenoir, NC

#120 Apr 21, 2014
say what wrote:

Guess you are not f***ing clever enough to create your own user name, so you just copy someone else's. Guess nothing's to be unexpected with Jones camp.
So it is writen He says

Grifton, NC

#121 Apr 21, 2014
McGavin wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you suggesting as a way to change things around here if voting is not the answer to the problem?
Now that is an answer that I await with anticipation to hear.
C'mon Fix It Man/Woman, let's hear all about your way.
Don't assume people will jump on your bandwagon, but be tough enough to stand up and say your piece at least.
If I don't get an answer to my question, you aren't worth paying attention to because that makes you a blow hard trouble maker with no real solutions yourself.
To make right what has happened within and beyond the county and uncover who all is involved in the sex scandals, embezzlement, and failure to prosecute sworn public servants for misconduct that would take Martial law being enacted.Martial law is the imposition of military power over designated regions on an emergency basis.Martial law is usually imposed on a temporary basis when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, or provide essential services). In full-scale martial law, the highest-ranking military officer would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government

say what 2

Newton, NC

#122 Apr 21, 2014
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you are not f***ing clever enough to create your own user name, so you just copy someone else's. Guess nothing's to be unexpected with Jones camp.
not copying your name, i change mine depending on the topic.

My response is neither for Jones nor against Wilson.

I simply asked questions- we say Jones is corrupt and Wilson is moral, do we know that Wilson will still be moral after elected??

What is moral and what isn't? Does it start with helping a family member out with a speeding ticket? What about a DUI? oh, you stole something.......We'll take care of that.

My point is, we can say Jones is corrupt all we want, and we can praise Wilson for ethics and morals.

But is Wilson never ever going to use his "power" as sheriff to help out a friend or family member, no matter how small the infraction???

Is Jones going to actually start being a Sheriff and bring honor back to the department or will he continue to let his deputies do as they please?

We will find out for certain starting in November.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
david jenkins (Dec '12) 3 hr rebecca 6
Your Police Department 6 hr David53g 16
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 6 hr Cyrus5590 3,653
Dating link on Topix 19 hr Jaws67 2
jamestown flea market allows puppy mills to sel... (Mar '08) Dec 22 Jan taylor 43
Cheater Dec 22 Trbl 1
~help~ Dec 21 anonymous 1
Morganton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morganton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morganton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News