First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Democrat

United States

#1 Apr 11, 2014
Lance Wilson is a show. He is a Democrat running as a Republican. Last election he pondered running, as he was registered, as a Democrat. Then when told he couldn't win as a dem, he became independent. Now, conservative. Does he know who he is?
Democrat

United States

#2 Apr 11, 2014
He is a Baptist minister conservative who hired "Americas sheriff" Richard Mack, who is a devout Mormon, ran twice as a Democrat lost the third sheriff election, lost two bids to the Senate as a libertarian and is considered a "kook" by everyone in the NRA. Yes he sued the us govt and won against the Brady bill specifics, but won nothing for your specific gun rights. Wilson, who is a brand new NRA member (hmmm) accepted his endorsement even tho Richard Mack and his magic Mormon underwear are not what I would think a conservative Baptist minister would hold hands with, much less pay a fee for him to come say a few words and make a 15 second video. Is that intelligent? If Satan were on fox news, would Wilson hire him in a starstruck daze to come support him? I don't know. Seems as though the Wilson campaign is very unsure of its rock solid moral ethical ground foundation. Think about that and research for yourselves. Do not take my word for it. Google it.
Hate to Say it

Hickory, NC

#3 Apr 11, 2014
I attend church with Lance Wilson and he is an outstanding man. I donít know anyone who does not like him. But I do not believe he would make a good sheriff. He lacks the experience and assertiveness for the job. He does not have the education in law enforcement or management skills required to run the office. I hate to say it but I cannot vote for Lance Wilson.
say what

Bakersville, NC

#4 Apr 11, 2014
Democrat wrote:
He is a Baptist minister conservative who hired "Americas sheriff" Richard Mack, who is a devout Mormon, ran twice as a Democrat lost the third sheriff election, lost two bids to the Senate as a libertarian and is considered a "kook" by everyone in the NRA. Yes he sued the us govt and won against the Brady bill specifics, but won nothing for your specific gun rights. Wilson, who is a brand new NRA member (hmmm) accepted his endorsement even tho Richard Mack and his magic Mormon underwear are not what I would think a conservative Baptist minister would hold hands with, much less pay a fee for him to come say a few words and make a 15 second video. Is that intelligent? If Satan were on fox news, would Wilson hire him in a starstruck daze to come support him? I don't know. Seems as though the Wilson campaign is very unsure of its rock solid moral ethical ground foundation. Think about that and research for yourselves. Do not take my word for it. Google it.
While you are googling, type in Caldwell County Sheriffs Dept and misconduct.. oops maybe you don't want to start a google contest between camps.:) As you said, don't take my word for it, assaults, sexual misconduct, illegal searches, cop shooter case dismissed over refusal to submit employee files to judge, house arrest officer, embezzlement. Shall I continue?? Google it yourself. By the way , what's the story about casting stones and glass houses, maybe Jones camp should re-read that story.
questions

Mountain View, CA

#5 Apr 11, 2014
Democrat wrote:
Kook by everyone in the NRA huh? Maybe the fact Richard Mack is in the NRA hall of fame tells a different story. I suppose he may not be in the Caldwell County NRA hall of fame but then again much like the Caldwell County Republican Party, no one cares what they think. Maybe you should email Mack and ask him if he will endorse Jones for any amount of money, go ahead and be my guest. I love how these Caldwell GOP rednecks suddenly want to act as if they are somehow better than the rest of the GOP and their famed supporters. I guess the Caldwell County association of fat crusty white boss hogg wannabes can ignore the fact their main hope for the Sheriffs Office has been a life long Democrat, care to comment on that? What say you oh glorious grand ole party? Tell us how your great defender of the republic is a life long Democrat. Tell us how he has saved our rights by donating Republican money to the NRA and issued gun permits. Glory be and God save the republic.
EarlyVoter

Spruce Pine, NC

#6 Apr 11, 2014
questions wrote:
<quoted text>Kook by everyone in the NRA huh? Maybe the fact Richard Mack is in the NRA hall of fame tells a different story. I suppose he may not be in the Caldwell County NRA hall of fame but then again much like the Caldwell County Republican Party, no one cares what they think. Maybe you should email Mack and ask him if he will endorse Jones for any amount of money, go ahead and be my guest. I love how these Caldwell GOP rednecks suddenly want to act as if they are somehow better than the rest of the GOP and their famed supporters. I guess the Caldwell County association of fat crusty white boss hogg wannabes can ignore the fact their main hope for the Sheriffs Office has been a life long Democrat, care to comment on that? What say you oh glorious grand ole party? Tell us how your great defender of the republic is a life long Democrat. Tell us how he has saved our rights by donating Republican money to the NRA and issued gun permits. Glory be and God save the republic.
Exactly, funny how after they heard their Unproven Leader step all over himself on the radio, they needed to attack Lance. That is what is wrong with the Jones campaign, one of the many things. Can't ride the most educated sheriff phrase, anymore since people heard him speak. Jones is finished, the scandals, the overspending, the lawsuits and the high turnover.....jones didn't even know what his budget was when asked, B j must have been in the break room finishing off the donuts. Jones is an idiot and a liar and in about 3 weeks, we will be done with him.
wilson

Black Mountain, NC

#7 Apr 11, 2014
Lance will win 10-1 this election
Sheriff primary

Forest City, NC

#8 Apr 11, 2014
wilson wrote:
Lance will win 10-1 this election
That's a ridiculous statement. Neither will win by that ratio.
radio man

Marion, NC

#10 Apr 11, 2014
Lance has no business even running. The sad part is he has an outside shot of winning this election and then Caldwell county is really screwed. Lance has no leadership, experience, training, or education. He is easily persuaded and guliable. Whoever will work for him,especially command personnel, will run all over him. He will be just a puppet. Lance and his team will run the department into the ground. Lance cannot even control his quack job supporters how believe Jones is pure evil and Lance is truly righteous. Both are good men but Lance does not have the brains, backbone, or the stomach for this job. Lance and his supporters have bought into this nonsense and actually believe he is capable of being sheriff.
Sheriff primary

Forest City, NC

#11 Apr 11, 2014
radio man wrote:
Lance has no business even running. The sad part is he has an outside shot of winning this election and then Caldwell county is really screwed. Lance has no leadership, experience, training, or education. He is easily persuaded and guliable. Whoever will work for him,especially command personnel, will run all over him. He will be just a puppet. Lance and his team will run the department into the ground. Lance cannot even control his quack job supporters how believe Jones is pure evil and Lance is truly righteous. Both are good men but Lance does not have the brains, backbone, or the stomach for this job. Lance and his supporters have bought into this nonsense and actually believe he is capable of being sheriff.
Have you met Lance, and talked with him about his plans? Alan has plenty of experience, as well as, education and it hasn't helped him. He, and his command staff, have already "run the department into the ground". That Sheriff's Department is a joke. No leadership, let alone "Proven Leadership".
EarlyVoter

Spruce Pine, NC

#12 Apr 11, 2014
It has been an easy choice for most, they have learned that Jones has no experience as a leader I law enforcement and that all the credentials he brags about are thin at best. Ask anyone that knows him, ask other Sheriffs about Alan Jones and they will tell you he has no business being Sheriff. His lack of proven leadership has gotten deputies injured and killed, it is a shame that there are people supporting a man that has had more deputies killed and injured in his first term than all other combined. This is shameful, but Jones uses it shamelessly as a campaign ploy for pity votes. If you care about those deputies, vote for Lance Wilson, he has actually been trained and certified to teach other officers how to survive and be effective. Jones has know idea about either because it doesn't make him money or buy him votes.
No vote for Lance

Newton, NC

#13 Apr 12, 2014
Lance seems like a nice guy but he does not have the qualifications to be Sheriff. Also, how can you be a full time preacher and a full time Sheriff. I think both jobs are admirable but they both require a lot of time. Which one will he chose? What if he has a situation that is required of him at the Sheriff's Office that happens on Sunday night when he is preaching? Also, what if he gets elected and decides that he should have been the preacher full time, is he going to up and quit the Sheriff's office? Has he addressed these issues? Also, what is he going to do to make the Sheriff's office a better place? What is he going to do to lower crime? All of his advertisements have been just saying how bad Jones is but it does not give any real solutions to the problems he has pointed out? I am just curious to see what he thinks on these issues. I can already predict what his supporters on here are going to say because they always say it when someone doesn't support Lance. They say "Well he is better than what we got now". That is not an answer. How is he better than we got now? I don't want to know about Jones, I already know what he has done. I want to know about Lance and what he WILL do. Right now if he or some of his supporters cannot give me anything other than "he is better than we got now" well then I am going to vote for Jones. I know Jones is not perfect and neither is his department but I have not seen anything worth voting for Lance yet. Another point that I would like to make is the fact that Lance's supporters are saying that Jones and his department and his supporters are immoral when compared to Lance. The last time I checked the only perfect person was Jesus and Lance is not that. Lance's supporters should be ashamed of questioning anyone's religious beliefs and Lance has shown that he cannot control his supporters crazy talk on here. Give me real answers not rhetoric on the issues. I don't want to hear just "Grants" give me specific grants. I don't just want to hear "more officers on the street", I want to hear how Lance will allocate and pay for more deputies on the street. I don't want to just hear "community policing" I want to hear specific programs, how they will be paid for, and what community they will affect? What about the K-9 program? Is he going to institute it back and if so how is he going to pay for it? I also don't want to hear "he is going to pay for it in the Sheriff's Office seven million dollar budget". The budget is made a year at a time so these programs will not take place for atleast one year after he takes office. Also, they will require a line item within the budget. Is he going to utilize fundraisers or grants (and which one specifically) to pay for these programs. I think Lance just wants to be Sheriff but has not thought about all the work that it requires. None of his ads, website, or Facebook gives detailed plans on how he is going to solve these problems but it just states the problems that exist, which exist at several other agencies. This shows me the impression that Lance and his supporters are good at pointing out problems but not solving them. If Lance wins he will need to have a top notch command personnel to make up for his lack of everything to be Sheriff. Why is he so secretive about his command staff. again, this gives the impression that Lance does not know what he is doing. I know from this post that I will get several responses from Lance supporters but please do not give me the same old "he is better than what we have know". I don't care about the past and Jones' administration. What I am concerned with is the future and how Lance is going to fix the problem(s)? I have heard that he is going t fire a lot of people and then I have heard that he is not going to fire anyone? Which one is it? I want answers. If I don't get any answers then I am just going to vote for Jones. Thank you and have a great day.
Matter of Fact

Greer, SC

#15 Apr 12, 2014
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are googling, type in Caldwell County Sheriffs Dept and misconduct.. oops maybe you don't want to start a google contest between camps.:) As you said, don't take my word for it, assaults, sexual misconduct, illegal searches, cop shooter case dismissed over refusal to submit employee files to judge, house arrest officer, embezzlement. Shall I continue?? Google it yourself. By the way , what's the story about casting stones and glass houses, maybe Jones camp should re-read that story.
Forget personalities.They aren't clearing hardly ANYTHING in the Sheriff's Dept.Burglaries, robberies, almost nothing.One in ten? I don't care if Wilson is a democrat, he CAN'T be as ineffective as Jones, and I'm DEFINITELY A REPUBLICAN!
Matter of Fact

Greer, SC

#16 Apr 12, 2014
Matter of Fact wrote:
<quoted text> Forget personalities.They aren't clearing hardly ANYTHING in the Sheriff's Dept.Burglaries, robberies, almost nothing.One in ten? I don't care if Wilson is a democrat, he CAN'T be as ineffective as Jones, and I'm DEFINITELY A REPUBLICAN!
Please ignore the previous post .My eleven year old daughter made it on my computer.I'm proud that she's so civic minded, but I suppose it's time she had her own computer. Her grasp of the issues is incomplete, but she's just eleven, after all.
almost

Mountain View, CA

#17 Apr 12, 2014
Matter of Fact wrote:
<quoted text> Please ignore the previous post .My eleven year old daughter made it on my computer.I'm proud that she's so civic minded, but I suppose it's time she had her own computer. Her grasp of the issues is incomplete, but she's just eleven, after all.
I would almost say well played sir but you are forgetting one important fact in that attempt. Children are more inclined to vote if given the chance for the popular person, i.e. the incumbent, not to mention the bright yellow colors of the Jones signs appeal to the child like mentality. Happy voting children.
No Vote

Wilson, NC

#18 Apr 12, 2014
So No Vote for Lance, your not going to vote for Lance because he hasn't given details on his plan and your just going to vote for Jones because he's already in there. I would rather you just stay at home on Election Day. Your the kind of voter that Caldwell county and America for that matter doesn't need voting. I've looked at both candidates websites and see slit more in Wilson's than I do on Jones. I've heard jones speak and haven't heard anything but how many gun permits he has given out . At least I know Wilson is going to attempt to change things. Jones on the other hand seems to think that the people are idiots.
say what

Bakersville, NC

#19 Apr 12, 2014
No vote for Lance wrote:
Lance seems like a nice guy but he does not have the qualifications to be Sheriff. Also, how can you be a full time preacher and a full time Sheriff. I think both jobs are admirable but they both require a lot of time. Which one will he chose? What if he has a situation that is required of him at the Sheriff's Office that happens on Sunday night when he is preaching? Also, what if he gets elected and decides that he should have been the preacher full time, is he going to up and quit the Sheriff's office? What is he going to do to lower crime? All of his advertisements have been just saying how bad Jones is but it does not give any real solutions to the problems he has pointed out? Right now if he or some of his supporters cannot give me anything other than "he is better than we got now" well then I am going to vote for Jones. I know Jones is not perfect and neither is his department but I have not seen anything worth voting for Lance yet. Another point that I would like to make is the fact that Lance's supporters are saying that Jones and his department and his supporters are immoral when compared to Lance. The last time I checked the only perfect person was Jesus Give me real answers not rhetoric on the issues. I don't want to hear just "Grants" give me specific grants. I don't just want to hear "more officers on the street", I want to hear how Lance will allocate and pay for more deputies on the street. I don't want to just hear "community policing" I want to hear specific programs, how they will be paid for, and what community they will affect? What about the K-9 program? Is he going to institute it back and if so how is he going to pay for it? I also don't want to hear "he is going to pay for it in the Sheriff's Office seven million dollar budget". The budget is made a year at a time so these programs will not take place for atleast one year after he takes office. Also, they will require a line item within the budget. Is he going to utilize fundraisers or grants (and which one specifically) to pay for these programs. I think Lance just wants to be Sheriff but has not thought about all the work that it requires. None of his ads, website, or Facebook gives detailed plans on how he is going to solve these problems but it just states the problems that exist, which exist at several other agencies. What I am concerned with is the future and how Lance is going to fix the problem(s)? day.
Some of the questions you ask, I can answer, as for the others I would suggest sending Wilson a personal message on Facebook or speaking with him in person. Wilson is not a full time preacher, his full time occupation is a trooper with the NC Hwy Patrol. He does fulfill his job duties as required which is why he of often forced to miss events. Concerning his command staff, he has remained silent for several reasons including the fact people being considered for a position may be currently employed at CCSD or other agencies and until the votes are cast they need not be brought into the political arena. I do know Wilson has no intentions of cleaning house at CCSD, only the ones not performing their duties. Wilson has many friends and silent supporters inside CCSD and understands the problems there. The problems at CCSD are much more a leadership problem than a staffing issue. Plus, county regulations will not allow any elected sheriff to clean house any longer considering the cost it faced when Gary did that. I can tell you Wilson has a detailed plan I am sure he would be willing to share with you. I think, and this is only my opinion, one reason details are not fully provided is because more than once Wilson has shared a plan only to later see it used in Jones campaign strategy, coincidence possibly, Wilson will gladly discuss in depth with you if you would like I am sure.
No vote for Alan and BJ

Forest City, NC

#20 Apr 12, 2014
No vote for Lance wrote:
Lance seems like a at the Sheriff's Office ready know what he has done. I want to know about Lance and what he WILL are saying that Jones and his department and his supporters are immoral when compared to Lance. The last time I checked the only perfect person was Jesus and Lance is not that. Lance's supporters should be ashamed of questioning anyone's religious beliefs and Lance has shown that he cannot control his supporters crazy talk on here. Give me real answers not rhetoric on the issues. I don't want to hear just "Grants" give me specific grants. I don't just want to hear "more officers on the street", I want to hear how Lance will allocate and pay for more deputies on the street. I don't want to just hear "community policing" I want to hear specific programs, how they will be paid for, and what community they will affect? What about the K-9 program? Is he going to institute it back and if so how is he going to pay for it? I also don't want to hear "he is going to pay for it in the Sheriff's Office seven million dollar budget". The budget is made a year at a time so these programs will not take place for atleast one year after he takes office. Also, they will require a line item within the budget. Is he going to utilize fundraisers or grants (and which one specifically) to pay for these programs. I think Lance just wants to be Sheriff but has not thought about all the work that it requires. None of his ads, website, or Facebook gives detailed plans on how he is going to solve these problems but it just states the problems that exist, which exist at several other agencies. This shows me the impression that Lance and his supporters are good at pointing out problems but not solving them. If Lance wins he will need to have a top notch command personnel to make up for his lack of everything to be Sheriff. Why is he so secretive about his command staff. again, this gives the impression that Lance does not know what he is doing. I know from this post that I will get several responses from Lance supporters but please do not give me the same old "he is better than what we have know". I don't care about the past and Jones' administration. What I am concerned with is the future and how Lance is going to fix the problem(s)? I have heard that he is going t fire a lot of people and then I have heard that he is not going to fire anyone? Which one is it? I want answers. If I don't get any answers then I am just going to vote for Jones. Thank you and have a great day.
See if you can find the above answers from Alan, as well. I'd like to know if he's finally considering running the sheriff's office instead of furthering his education and being an absentee leader. All the questions and scenarios you presented for Lance don't concern me. I do know what the current administration and Sheriff have contributed and that alone is enough information to show me how to vote. I don't care if Lance doesn't name his command staff until after the primary because I know it couldn't be any worse than the individuals already in place. As far as the budget issues; Alan gave the responsibility of a 7.6 MILLION DOLLAR budget to manage to not one, but two, employees now who aren't accountants or even qualified to work with them. The first embezzled an undisclosed amount of money with no charges or consequences. Alan calls himself a proven leader, yet his actions as our Sheriff don't reflect his proven leadership in a positive way. Could you elaborate on that and tell me how he's been a proven leader? Osama Bin Laden and Hitler were proven leaders, but are they individuals we trust, that did good things, protected homes, families, and children, or you vote for?
say what

Bakersville, NC

#21 Apr 12, 2014
Very valid point. Can the unknown really be worse than the known? Jones current methods are not working. I agree both Wilson and Jones should show the plans for future improvements. Jones has been given 7 yrs to demonstrate his ideas but they do not display results, so how does he plan to improve in the next 4 years. Yes , Wilson has not revealed his command staff and I certainly understand why, but given the current problems and results given under Jones current command staff is he willing to make the needed adjustments or will it continue as business as usual. Also I'm not speaking of changing out command as they retire, I'm talking immediate changes to improve the CCSD. Another issue often brought up is the resignation of officers involved in misconduct. Many of these still have their certifications bring held by CCSD, can Jones honestly say these officers will not be rehired after the election? And why are we holding certification of officers involved in misconduct anyway? Will Jones publicly commit to fulfilling his full 4 year term if re-elected since many many times I've heard Jones is planning to pass the torch so to speak mid-term if re elected. I would like to hear him personally say he is committed to the full 4 years. Wilson speaks of morals, I would like to hear him publicly reenforce his "line in the sand" for moral conduct and also Jones address this issue.
Vote Wilson without Ben

Black Mountain, NC

#22 Apr 12, 2014
Or the latest cover up radios stolen from the sherif by someone that worked for him!!! but not made public ?? Sold out of town ?? And uncovered a bigger ring ?? Lol I applaude both candidates for not slinging trash but it's easy to tell the jones teammates start threads to stir words . See you tomorrow Lance!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Love My Sperm Too! 52 min RockMooseKnuckle 115
Victoria and Waco, Whoes Weiner is Smaller? 53 min RockMooseKnuckle 108
HaHaHa! I'm The MILKMAID! 55 min RockMooseKnuckle 102
🐄 your moms milk is tasty 🐄 56 min RockMooseKnuckle 196
Waco and Victoria Licked My 3 Testes! 58 min RockMooseKnuckles 114
State Of The Onion? McDonalds Onion Rings and ... 58 min RockMooseKnuckles 61
More Coal Plants Close Under Trump than Obama 59 min RockMooseKnuckles 11

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance