First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GODSENT

San Diego, CA

#1 Jul 2, 2007
I HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO VISIT MORGANTON OVER THE WEEKEND AND EXPERIENCED THE WORST TREATMENT FROM A HOTEL MANAGER. I WAS IN DISBELIEF THAT RACISM STILL EXIST SO STRONGLY IN THIS TOWN OR WAS IT JUST HER?
joe

Marion, NC

#2 Jul 7, 2007
what did she do?
joe

Marion, NC

#3 Jul 7, 2007
probally nothing, those that try and play the racisim card all there life, find that every situation that doesnt go there way is because they are of a diffrent race. Probally didnt have a room open near the pool or one near the bar to give you.
McDowell

United States

#4 Jul 9, 2007
GET A LIFE
GODSENT

San Diego, CA

#5 Jul 13, 2007
Do you live in Morganton?
GODSENT
#6 Jul 13, 2007
joe wrote:
probally nothing, those that try and play the racisim card all there life, find that every situation that doesnt go there way is because they are of a diffrent race. Probally didnt have a room open near the pool or one near the bar to give you.
"Go my way" I asked for towels and washcloths because there was only one of each in the room. Attitude is not what is deserved no greeting no response . I don't know how you live but where i'm from people don't have to pull the race card because people are treated like people not property. When we checked out the next morning my 6 year old daughter told this lady bye, have a good day she wouldn't even look at her.. 6 years old there's shouldn't be that much hate in any ones heart..... I had to explain to my daughter about racism at an early age because she did not understand why this lady did not speak back. My daughter and I prayed for this lady, that the lord will humble her heart.
Edward

Ashburn, VA

#8 Oct 20, 2007
I got rained on yesterday, could that be racism?
tom mcbs

Dallas, NC

#9 Oct 21, 2007
most people get in the dry when it rains.
ron

Dallas, NC

#10 Oct 21, 2007
we still have people wanding off from the hospt. don't know rain from sunshine
PLEEZ

San Diego, CA

#11 Oct 21, 2007
If a white gets a flat tire in a black area they are raped or killed. THAT is racism.
Boo Hiss

United States

#12 Oct 22, 2007
Many folks in Morganton are deaf, as a school for the deaf is based there. When I ask a Hispanic maid for towels and she just looks at me, is that racism?
Memsie

United States

#13 Oct 24, 2007
GODSENT wrote:
I HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO VISIT MORGANTON OVER THE WEEKEND AND EXPERIENCED THE WORST TREATMENT FROM A HOTEL MANAGER. I WAS IN DISBELIEF THAT RACISM STILL EXIST SO STRONGLY IN THIS TOWN OR WAS IT JUST HER?
She was probably just a naturally hateful person who didn't want to be working...if you are not a willing to try to be nice, do not take a job in customer service.
in return

Vilas, NC

#14 Oct 26, 2007
joe wrote:
sounds like you are her husband! glad all people in morganton are not like this. the gentleman should not have been treated like this because of his color.he is certainly not teaching his child to be like you. thank GOD there are really nice people left in this world.maybe she will give you a room by the pool after you have been by the bar.
back to you

Vilas, NC

#15 Oct 26, 2007
Edward wrote:
I got rained on yesterday, could that be racism?
no dummy, that is called wet ( no matter how you look at it or even what color you are). HOW AMAZING!!!!
ciely

Vilas, NC

#16 Oct 30, 2007
All I can say is that racism still exist and its a shame but I have one thing to say: Free at last free at last thank GOD almighty I'm free at last.
Shane

Dunn, NC

#17 Oct 30, 2007
There's plenty of racism in Morganton, it's either that or most of the people are fat, old, ugly and bitter.
ciely

United States

#18 Oct 30, 2007
PLEEZ wrote:
If a white gets a flat tire in a black area they are raped or killed. THAT is racism.
anyone can be raped or killed doesn't matter what their color is or what neighborhood they live in. and besides majority of rapist usually are white males so learn your facts before saying something as stupid as you did about that beening racism. sounds like to me you are racist now do you really think that looks good on you? NOT!!
Yoder

Morganton, NC

#19 Mar 22, 2012
thats how it is down south!
Duchess

Lenoir, NC

#20 Mar 24, 2012
I hate that to you n now Morganton will be that racist town. That having been said there is a lot of racism in our tiny town anyone who says otherwise is in denial. I'm a white woman but I see and hear it daily here. Its so sad uneducated and closed-minded. If you are ever in town again I suggest the Hampton race isn't an issue there everyones money is green. On the off chance it was there you stayed call mitch I guarantee he will make you feel much better about the incident. I'm so sorry to hear you were treated badly in our town but please know that the most of its are full of southern charm and wit wind would love for you to come back and experience that side.
ShamWow

Drexel, NC

#21 Mar 25, 2012
GODSENT wrote:
Causing trouble are you? Were you wearing a hoodie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
piker car wash in granite falls 52 min SMR1973 3
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 1 hr NABALT 8,353
Debate: Marijuana - Lenoir, NC (Aug '10) 3 hr april 87
Good gym to check out hot guys 3 hr gamewelldude231 1
Do you like the jordan retro 11 shoe just on ww... 16 hr themax2015 1
Shooting at Food Lion 17 hr KEEPIN MIND 181
What Has Happened to Green Mountain Park (Apr '14) 19 hr jackson 53
Morganton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web