Your Passage to Freedom
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The One

Lenoir, NC

#21 Nov 14, 2012
Ashamed wrote:
I've been ashamed of this country for the past 30 years. More and more government intervention, abortion on demand, gay rights, taking GOD out of schools not allowing prayer, teaching evolution as factÖ..etc. Itís been going downhill for quite a while.
Move.
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#22 Nov 14, 2012
Georgia 26,918
Tennessee 26,020
North Carolina 25,387
Alabama 26,159
Florida 28,429
Texas. 94,835
Louisiana 32,704

7 states 260,452
votes for succession

If all these people stop paying taxes then the rest of you are gonna starve.... you need us more than we need you!
Brandon

Hickory, NC

#23 Nov 14, 2012
I guarantee you 75% of the people who have signed those petitions have NO IDEA what suceeding from the union would actually mean and just feel like they are "taking a stand." I wonder how many actually voted?
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#24 Nov 14, 2012
By 6:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, more than 675,000 digital signatures appeared on 69 separate secession petitions covering all 50 states
die traitors

United States

#25 Nov 14, 2012
Guess its time to sort out all my ammo. Even though this stupid petition is crap I am sure some ignorant rednecks will think its the civil war number two and I plan to defend my country to the death but I plan on taking lots of traitors with me. Go ahead and revolt because its been really boring since I came back from Afghanistan, I will be glad to show you traitors what I have learned in country.
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#26 Nov 14, 2012
What part of we peacefully request did you not read! We never started the first War! The North attacked us!
HammerHead

Forest City, NC

#27 Nov 14, 2012
If NC succeeds will the mexicans leave? If so then I am all for it.
not even close

Spruce Pine, NC

#28 Nov 14, 2012
Time to leave wrote:
What part of we peacefully request did you not read! We never started the first War! The North attacked us!
Then what is the point because you and I both know they are not going to say "oh sure go ahead and succeed" and if it is just to send a message to Washington I ask just what message is that? The election has shown that the MAJORITY of America is behind them and Washington could care less about some meaningless petition, it isn't going to change a thing they do.

Yes technically they fired the first shot but we had raised a full army and surrounded their fort plus announced our intention to attack if Lincoln was elected so it was just a matter of time, they managed to attack before we did is all. The south had been discussing succession for over a decade prior to start of the war. Dont even try to compare the policies and reasons the south went to war then to a bunch of cry babies pouting over an election now.
not even close

Spruce Pine, NC

#29 Nov 14, 2012
HammerHead wrote:
If NC succeeds will the mexicans leave? If so then I am all for it.
I doubt it and any laws NC makes will be null and void as it will then be a rouge government. I am sure the U.S. Military will be glad to take them and use them to crush your rebellion just like before when the U.S. Army was mostly made up of new immigrants during the first civil war.
Time to leave

Hickory, NC

#30 Nov 14, 2012
not even close wrote:
<quoted text>Then what is the point because you and I both know they are not going to say "oh sure go ahead and succeed" and if it is just to send a message to Washington I ask just what message is that? The election has shown that the MAJORITY of America is behind them and Washington could care less about some meaningless petition, it isn't going to change a thing they do.
It's just a show of protest nobody really wants to succeed from the union. Washington is supposed to protect the country, negotiate foreign policy, and solve conflicts between states.
Everything else belongs at the state level such as Education, Welfare programs, Healthcare etc.
And I didnít even sign the petition. Iím not giving my name and address to a white house web site.
Common Sense

Sherrills Ford, NC

#31 Nov 15, 2012
That's a very good point. The Secret Service is probably compiling a list of all the petition signers so they can keep a closer eye on them. Since the Patriot Act, they can get all up in your business. You make it easier by shining a light on yourselves.

And if you want to withdraw from the Union, please learn how to spell it. It's SECEDE.
how about this

Black Mountain, NC

#32 Nov 15, 2012
how about passing a petition around to find a cure for child hood cancer? I mean everyday 46 kids will be diagnosed with some form of cancer and 7 of those 46 will die!!!! I think childhood cancer should get more publicity than a state trying to get moved so how about you not worry about who got re-elected and start having people sign a petition for the things that really matter instead of a bunch of non sense

Since: Apr 11

Morganton, NC

#33 Nov 15, 2012
what a childish way to try to make a point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POTUS And The Russian Ho's! 1 hr Doc 7
🐮 Milk from your mom is good 🐮 9 hr TSFMOOSEKNUCKLEZ 325
I'm NOT The Milkman, Ha Ha Ha! 9 hr TSFMOOSEKNUCKLIP 208
🐄 your moms milk is tasty 🐄 9 hr TSFMOOSEKNUCKLIP 325
State Of The Onion? McDonalds Onion Rings and ... 9 hr TSFMOOSEKNUCKLIP 201
State of the Milk Address! Victoria, Waco, Milk! 9 hr TSFMOOSEKNUCKLIP 215
🐷State of the UNIOM, Cheeseburger Yum-Y... 9 hr TSFMOOSEKNUCKLET 193

Morganton Jobs

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages