Rusty

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Where is the best place around here to sell a junk car?
pasta

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

If you take it to the library on Tuesday or Thursday a man name eddie comes by and makes a bid or best offer.
rusty

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Sell it on Craigslist. wouldn't hurt to put what it is on here as well, somebody might need it for parts especially if its old.
Rusty

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

It's a 73 ford truck that hasn't been driven in about three years it has a 302 engine 3 speed trans with a 9 inch rear geared 362 and it needs a steering box. What I was wondering is which scrap metal yard around here pays the most.
ncboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

How much u asking for it
Rusty

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

I just talked to the guy that hauls for the scrap yard and he said it would bring about $500 for scrap. If you want it for that price come and get it.
dont do it

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Man dont let them crush that old ford. I have plenty of connections to old ford groups that will love to if nothing else use the parts. I hate to see one of those go to the shredder.
Yuup

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Moose motors in Drexel, He's always looking to add cars to his inventory.
Kage

Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Facebook; join the group "One Man's Junk", look for a post by a guy named Stuart (can't remember his last name).
Rusty

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Thanks but I sold it today to Dale Recycling for a little over $400
well crap

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Well another potential restored classic truck bites the dust.
Rusty

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

well crap wrote:
Well another potential restored classic truck bites the dust.
Well you had a lot of talk but when I told you what the man said you suddenly fell silent until after it was sold.
well crap

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Rusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you had a lot of talk but when I told you what the man said you suddenly fell silent until after it was sold.
You kind of disappeared after the last few people made suggestions. I actually waited to see if you posted any more info and looked on Craigslist to see if it was posted there. Man you should know something from that era, 70's on back will sell especially for no more money than that. Maybe they will part it out hopefully, I just hate to see them crushed.
Rusty

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

I posted Sunday night and said what the man told me it would bring and that if you want it to come and get it. I had to give him $50 to haul it. I don't see how you thought I disappeared. I didn't need the money really I needed it out of my driveway because the monsoon we had last week rutted up my driveway and I need to work on it and I didn't have time to wait around.
Rusty

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Don't get too upset I know where there is a 72 at that the steering box is messed up on it too. The ones that had manual steering were tough on those boxes and if you find one at a junk yard they go for about $150 - $200 and you'll be lucky to get a year out of it because it's about worn out when you get it. A new one or re-manufactured one cost about $500. I was going to switch mine to power steering but never got around to it. That's not cheap either as you have to have the steering column steering box the pump and hoses and the big bracket that goes on the front of the engine. All that stuff is as rare as hens teeth and people that have it know it and price it high.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morganton Discussions

Search the Morganton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 min Waco 1909 55,855
Justin Chambers...new thread 11 min Concerned 3
Affair with boss 41 min UNC 29
http://www.smokin-hogs.com/ 2 hr the best 3
Sci-Fi movie about Brown Mountain lights debuts... 2 hr Not impressed 6
Caldwell County HS football 3 hr HHS 3
blonde on wilson street 4 hr i know 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Morganton Jobs

•••