First Prev
of 2
Next Last
But who is paying

Lenoir, NC

#21 Jul 21, 2014
CDCeltown wrote:
Doesn't appear that way.
You don't know me. You don't know how I feel on ANY political issue except this one. Yet, you not only felt the need to tell me I didn't know how Obamacare worked at all, you then proceeded to take it even further by calling me a "conservative nut job".

I am not in the habit of name calling and labeling people, but you are a.........nah, not my style.

Let's just put it this way. I would be a totally moronic, judgmental idiot if I were to call someone a derogatory name and label them either a conservative OR liberal based on their opinion of one, just ONE political issue.

But then, that is just me. Guess you feel differently.
But who is paying

Lenoir, NC

#22 Jul 21, 2014
Darryl Van Horne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think I is all the tax breaks being given to the corporations who in turn outsource all of our jobs.
IMO, for whatever it is worth, you both are right.

Illegals are a drain on our resources and occupy jobs that rightfully belong to legal American citizens. Illegals and greedy employers are both to blame for this.

No tax breaks should ever be given to manufacturers or corporations who outsource jobs. This country cannot even began to recover until we bring jobs back to America. That should be the priority of this, and all future administrations, both republican and democrat. We should also have more balanced export, import policies, but I guess we would need things to export first. We need to make it tougher to import goods that have been outsourced. They outsource our jobs yet expect us to still be loyal customers and buy their products. Companies do not pass the savings onto the customers. It goes to increase their profit margins.

And we should let all companies know that we do not appreciate the frustration of dealing with a call center located in another country.

Basic logic is not common in Washington anymore. Hasn't been for a long time.
Info

Asheville, NC

#23 Jul 21, 2014
And most people do buy their products because they are cheap. The people who are most likely to lose their jobs because of outsourcing are the first in line to buy the very products that took their livelihood.

Then businesses like Walmart capitalize on their poverty and suck them into their machine, furthering destroying small businesses and entrepreneurship.

Real mess.
Darryl Van Horne

Boone, NC

#24 Jul 21, 2014
But who is paying wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, for whatever it is worth, you both are right.
Illegals are a drain on our resources and occupy jobs that rightfully belong to legal American citizens. Illegals and greedy employers are both to blame for this.
No tax breaks should ever be given to manufacturers or corporations who outsource jobs. This country cannot even began to recover until we bring jobs back to America. That should be the priority of this, and all future administrations, both republican and democrat. We should also have more balanced export, import policies, but I guess we would need things to export first. We need to make it tougher to import goods that have been outsourced. They outsource our jobs yet expect us to still be loyal customers and buy their products. Companies do not pass the savings onto the customers. It goes to increase their profit margins.
And we should let all companies know that we do not appreciate the frustration of dealing with a call center located in another country.
Basic logic is not common in Washington anymore. Hasn't been for a long time.
Both problems go to the same source; business and corporations trying to achieve maximum profit. If you want to stem immigration, make more effective laws and penalties to employers who hire them. The reason they come is because it is easy to find work. Employers hire them at lower wages, which is still more than they can earn in their home country. The jobs they perform are jobs that have traditionally been taken by unskilled workers. With the push in education to make every graduate college ready, and with more people graduating with diplomas and degrees, the unskilled workforce in America is shrinking. The employer who hires fewer immigrants is not going to absorb the cost if they have to pay higher wages. That cost will be passed along to the consumer, causing the cost of living to go up. Without the migrant workers, food prices would increase dramatically. So now we have a situation in which we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. The immigration situation has been and issue for decades, not just this administration. Reagan gave them amnesty. Clinton and the Bushes did nothing to stop it. Neither republican nor democrat will pass any immigration reform because it gives them a political football to kick around during election time to rally their respective bases. Republican voters and dems alike need to realize that the way it is now is what both sides want.
RE al McCoy

United States

#25 Jul 26, 2014
Well, she’s had what you might call a “fundamental transformation.” Meet Peggy Joseph.“I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage,” a worshipful Ms. Joseph said after attending a 2008 Obama rally at the height of his messianic euphoria stage.

Joel Gilbert caught up with Peggy Joseph for the filming of his new full-length documentary film,“There’s No Place Like Utopia,” six years after Joseph thought that Barack Obama would pay for her gas and her mortgage. Ms. Joseph told Gilbert, after viewing the 2008 segment together that gave her notoriety, that not only has Obama not been paying her gas or mortgage, but both have gotten progressively harder to pay.

“During that time, we needed a change, but change for the better, not for the worse,” an awakened Peggy Joseph told Gilbert.
RE al McCoy

United States

#26 Jul 26, 2014
Here's what gets me about obama and his followers.

1 He would never have gotten elected or reelected if he was not black.
2 He would never have gotten elected or reelected if anyone knew his past.
3 he had to lie on top of lies to get elected.
4 He had to buy votes with our money
5 White guilt got him elected
6 Stupid blacks want to keep him in office
(he has used them to no end)
There is so much I could put down so let me end it with, I am not a racist, but obama is.
He is responsible for the worlds problems now and if you can't see that you are as stupid as obama and his followers.

RE al McCoy

United States

#27 Jul 26, 2014
Lowell

Boone, NC

#28 Aug 14, 2014
RE al McCoy wrote:
Here's what gets me about obama and his followers.
1 He would never have gotten elected or reelected if he was not black.
2 He would never have gotten elected or reelected if anyone knew his past.
3 he had to lie on top of lies to get elected.
4 He had to buy votes with our money
5 White guilt got him elected
6 Stupid blacks want to keep him in office
(he has used them to no end)
There is so much I could put down so let me end it with, I am not a racist, but obama is.
He is responsible for the worlds problems now and if you can't see that you are as stupid as obama and his followers.
The first clue that someone is a racist is when they say "I am not a racist".
We Broke People

Oak Brook, IL

#29 Aug 15, 2014
CDCeltown wrote:
Conservative nutjobs have been saying every liberal agenda is going to bankrupt the country for decades now.... no it's not.
The National Debt is a miniscule number I guess...Doesn't mean anything..........Executive Orders are OK too......i'll take the Nutjobs over the Fairy's.
Lowell

Boone, NC

#30 Aug 16, 2014
We Broke People wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Debt is a miniscule number I guess...Doesn't mean anything..........Executive Orders are OK too......i'll take the Nutjobs over the Fairy's.
Just a note... You do realize that Obama has issued fewer executive orders than any two term president since Franklin Roosevelt?
damned right im right

United States

#31 Oct 1, 2014
RE al McCoy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =e_JJLLfTR8IXX
SCAR
THAT'S SCARY You know most dems are just as stupid as those fools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great show about Obama legacy on CNN! 50 min southern at heart 2
What Europeans think of Americans 54 min southern at heart 24
Anti Trump riots spread. 57 min southern at heart 448
Trump tweets: Carrier Union Boss"Has Done a Ter... 4 hr ryan mooseknuckle 8
lol 5 hr David53g 1
Anything Sound Familiar? 5 hr David53g 1
Victoria/conrack the running dog of the Left 5 hr ryan mooseknuckle 78

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance