First Prev
of 6
Next Last
hey

Atlanta, GA

#109 Sep 18, 2013
Iadvant doesn't matter which mines u got on at, a union or non-union mines. Most support the one they work at that hired them as of now. Get real people, mines around here is all you can do to make good money. And that's why we work in them and risk our lives everyday. We need all the mines to stay open union or non union. Who really cares, we all just wanna make that mola baby. So we can have nice sht. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Still all will kill your ass. The more people in a community that prosper the better the community becomes. Let's just all take advantage of what God put under our dirt in this county and go get it and go make that money to make our lives, familys, and community better. Just be thankfull if you got a chance to have a miners job because every miner knows in the beginning what it took in order to get it, keep it, and the guts to do it. Not everyone gets the chance some people have to work at home depot or you coundnt buy nails. Let's all just pull together for one dam time.
Yeah

Owensboro, KY

#110 Sep 18, 2013
Southern Lady01 wrote:
Just because there isn't a union doesn't mean no benefits or no rights or no retirement. I don't know where you people get that stuff. My husband has worked for a non-union mine for the past 11 yrs. we have great insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation a year when he wants, not when the whole mines shuts down, not to mention the paid days off, the quarterly paid incentive days, non-paid days he can take if needed no questions ask, quarterly bonuses, monthly safety bonus, a big yearly safety bonus, a great 401K, & a great stock plan, plus a great group of guys from the mine super indendent on down that he enjoys working with. They worry about each other's families & are truly a wonderful company to work for & with. My husband & even myself couldn't ask for a better company & we are very very very grateful that it is NOT union.
. Just wait and see what happens if there are no unions. It will affect all miners jobs. All benefits and wages are based on unions that only a few fight for. So thank you UMWA!
Nutty

Marion, KY

#111 Sep 19, 2013
hey wrote:
mines around here is all you can do to make good money.
Wrong, there are nice air-conditioned jobs around here that pay just as good, or better, than mining. They just require people to go to school and use their noggin' for a little bit, not just their mouth.
hey wrote:
Let's just all take advantage of what God put under our dirt in this county and go get it and go make that money to make our lives, familys, and community better.
Yeah, just wait until everybody's "nice sht" (like big houses) starts sinking into the ground because of mine subsidence. It'll be like Florida, sinkholes everywhere...
mee

Hyden, KY

#112 Nov 21, 2013
Nutty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, there are nice air-conditioned jobs around here that pay just as good, or better, than mining. They just require people to go to school and use their noggin' for a little bit, not just their mouth.
<quoted text>
Yeah, just wait until everybody's "nice sht" (like big houses) starts sinking into the ground because of mine subsidence. It'll be like Florida, sinkholes everywhere...
yeah it'll be like Florida, seeing they got all them mines down there. haha dumbass.. I've worked in the mines many years now and have been around it all my life and have never known of any house sinking into the ground because of mining and in the community I live in most of the mining was done with long-walls. so if houses was going to collapse in them big sink holes your talking about it would be because of that type of mining, which I've yet to see, but you probably don't even know what I'm talking about with all your education inside that noggin of yours
Rural

Morganfield, KY

#113 Nov 21, 2013
Incorrect. Mines are sued year after year due to damage caused to property.
mee

Hyden, KY

#114 Nov 22, 2013
check your facts, 99% of the time it's because mines have went and mines people coal without permission
mee

Hyden, KY

#115 Nov 22, 2013
no because houses sinking in the ground
mee

Hyden, KY

#116 Nov 22, 2013
not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing you 2 hr well 2
jayson townsend (Nov '11) 4 hr Haha 5
Tax hike in Union County 23 hr Bandenburg 5
Hit guy last name Beal 23 hr wishing 1
All Time Tough Guys in Union County (Jun '13) Sat Kyle 115
Amanda wolfe Sat just being honest 2
Union County TV 25 Again Aug 28 John 75
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganfield Mortgages