First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Worm

Chrisney, IN

#1 Dec 15, 2012
Laid off 39 guys and fired 3 bosses
Friend

United States

#2 Dec 15, 2012
Worm wrote:
Laid off 39 guys and fired 3 bosses
When and Who?
jeezzz

Greenville, KY

#3 Dec 15, 2012
People should really refrain from posting things like this without knowing for sure it's happened. My kids father works there and as of today this hadn't happened. We all know it's a possibility but causing families any additional worry like this is just senseless. Not that I take anything posted on this site as gospel but just sayin... Yes this is rumored to be going to happen but rumors often never hold any truth
Worm

Chrisney, IN

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Union officials were there overseeing things and yes its a done deal, I don't think the 39 have been laid off yet but the 3 boss's have been terminated, i'm suspecting they are either doing away with 1 unit, or doing away with the schedule and going to a straight 5 or 6 day work week
highland 9

Niles, IL

#5 Dec 16, 2012
They fired 3 bosses today. We heard talk of laying off 39 people, but it hasn't happened yet. What's worse, is the 39 lowest seniority are the guys just hired from freedom.
Worm

Chrisney, IN

#6 Dec 16, 2012
More will be known after sunday, sunday morning all bosses have to be at the training center in waverly for a meeting, so we'll find out more by sunday afternon.
Worm

Chrisney, IN

#7 Dec 16, 2012
Steve ( i think Jones) was there talking about it, he is out of illinois and high up in the umwa and he straight up said its a done deal he was there overseeing some things.
Worm

Chrisney, IN

#8 Dec 16, 2012
I know one of the guys from west virginia that was there last week looking at things didn't like our schedule i'm assuming because we have 3 rotating and 1 third shift crew, i'm guessing here that west virginia wants to eliminate our 4 day work schedule and throw us on a 6 day a week schedule which points to why they don't need 3 boss's and 39 people.
Peabody

Beijing, China

#9 Dec 16, 2012
Get used to the idea , Peabody is busting the unions, get used to no benefits, no retirements and no rights!
What about

Grayslake, IL

#10 Dec 16, 2012
dodge hill? There's signs posted in the bath house about a big mandatory meeting on Monday and that the HR person from the Hendo office will be there, are there layoffs coming there or are they gonna close that mine? Heard they have suspended the HR person there and have had all the salaried people in closed doors.........
henderson office

Chrisney, IN

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Highland 9 has the main meeting sunday to tell their boss's how they are being screwed over so until that happpens we just wait.
concerned

Centertown, KY

#12 Dec 16, 2012
Union meeting this morning, so I hope my husband comes home with more info than we heard last night.
Kentucky Miner

United States

#13 Dec 16, 2012
highland 9 wrote:
They fired 3 bosses today. We heard talk of laying off 39 people, but it hasn't happened yet. What's worse, is the 39 lowest seniority are the guys just hired from freedom.
We was told a dodge hill that the freedom guys time came with them. But who knows with patriot anymore.
Kentucky Miner

United States

#14 Dec 16, 2012
What about wrote:
dodge hill? There's signs posted in the bath house about a big mandatory meeting on Monday and that the HR person from the Hendo office will be there, are there layoffs coming there or are they gonna close that mine? Heard they have suspended the HR person there and have had all the salaried people in closed doors.........
We was told in safety meeting. We wouldn't like some things and something's we be ok with. But no job losses. So was said.
highland 9

Romeoville, IL

#15 Dec 16, 2012
Laid off 40 at highland today
rock band

Centertown, KY

#16 Dec 16, 2012
They got my buddy that has worked there for bout a year..... He told me they are fixing to cut their insurance to 80/20 and cut their pay by $5 hr. so who knows?
Karma

South Fulton, TN

#17 Dec 16, 2012
I hope they laid off some of the arrogant f ucks that work there.
Just Curious

Princeton, KY

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Did they get rid of any bosses?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Dec 17, 2012
Just because there isn't a union doesn't mean no benefits or no rights or no retirement. I don't know where you people get that stuff. My husband has worked for a non-union mine for the past 11 yrs. we have great insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation a year when he wants, not when the whole mines shuts down, not to mention the paid days off, the quarterly paid incentive days, non-paid days he can take if needed no questions ask, quarterly bonuses, monthly safety bonus, a big yearly safety bonus, a great 401K, & a great stock plan, plus a great group of guys from the mine super indendent on down that he enjoys working with. They worry about each other's families & are truly a wonderful company to work for & with. My husband & even myself couldn't ask for a better company & we are very very very grateful that it is NOT union.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#21 Dec 17, 2012
Southern Lady01 wrote:
Just because there isn't a union doesn't mean no benefits or no rights or no retirement. I don't know where you people get that stuff. My husband has worked for a non-union mine for the past 11 yrs. we have great insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation a year when he wants, not when the whole mines shuts down, not to mention the paid days off, the quarterly paid incentive days, non-paid days he can take if needed no questions ask, quarterly bonuses, monthly safety bonus, a big yearly safety bonus, a great 401K, & a great stock plan, plus a great group of guys from the mine super indendent on down that he enjoys working with. They worry about each other's families & are truly a wonderful company to work for & with. My husband & even myself couldn't ask for a better company & we are very very very grateful that it is NOT union.
Super intendent (sorry for the misspelling)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carrie harmon 1 hr Street 5
heather hancock 6 hr crackalala 1
krystal moore-utley 6 hr Amanda 3
harley 21 hr Arakkiel 26
Kayne Mon TrellGossip 2
Icki nikki mcbride (Jun '11) Aug 28 curious 17
lysa fae powell is a snitch Aug 28 gje 9

Morganfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganfield Mortgages