Never Fail Method of Removing Topix Posts

Posted in the Morganfield Forum

tty

Morganfield, KY

#2 Jun 9, 2012
Roger Rabbit wrote:
Click on the Report Abuse link by the offending post.

Fill out all the spaces on the popup box. If you leave blank spaces, the report is not processed. Don't worry, your name is not gonna be posted on Topix by completing the complaint form.

In the "REASON" box, put this:

CYBER BULLYING and/or HARASSMENT (make sure you use all caps, too)

If enough people report the same post or discussion as offending or abusive and remember to use CYBER BULLYING and/or HARASSMENT as the reason, it will be removed.

The people who monitor the Report Abuse submissions probably read over 100,000 per day, so don't write a lot or ramble, just use upper case letters and keep it short but to the point.
Thanks!!
Roger Rabbit

Detroit, MI

#3 Jun 9, 2012
As an addendum: If you have ugly things written about you or friends/family/etc. on Topix, it's best not to reply to the posts regardless of how angry you are or outraged you are. That only pushes the 'discussion' to the top of the heap. If a whole lot of your friends and family think they're helping out by writing back to the original post, that only makes it worse. Not only does it get pushed back to the top of the heap, it also gets 'flamed' and placed at the very tip top of the Forum. The best method is to not reply at all, but get all your friends to 'Report Abuse' using the Topix method of reporting. Be persistent in Report the Abuse. Use lots of different folks to help you.
tty

Morganfield, KY

#4 Jun 9, 2012
Roger Rabbit wrote:
As an addendum: If you have ugly things written about you or friends/family/etc. on Topix, it's best not to reply to the posts regardless of how angry you are or outraged you are. That only pushes the 'discussion' to the top of the heap. If a whole lot of your friends and family think they're helping out by writing back to the original post, that only makes it worse. Not only does it get pushed back to the top of the heap, it also gets 'flamed' and placed at the very tip top of the Forum. The best method is to not reply at all, but get all your friends to 'Report Abuse' using the Topix method of reporting. Be persistent in Report the Abuse. Use lots of different folks to help you.
Doing just that :)
barney fife

Clifty, KY

#5 Jun 9, 2012
some people on this site get off on arguing. even when its them that are being bashed.
MJ

Morganfield, KY

#6 Jun 9, 2012
barney fife wrote:
some people on this site get off on arguing. even when its them that are being bashed.
I tend not to say anything back. I'm all over hendo right now, it sucks!!! & I have reported like a mad woman. Still there. Ugh
Josh Shouse

Long Lake, MN

#7 Jun 9, 2012
ty

Since: Oct 11

Madisonville, KY

#8 Jun 9, 2012
lets report this post :/
Roger Rabbit

Hartford, WI

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Took a while, but it worked.
Mayberry calling Barney

Bloomington, IL

#10 Jun 10, 2012
barney fife wrote:
I know exactly what you're saying! If I saw my name or any of my family members' names posted in a tacky trashy Topix discussion, I'll be darned if I'd reply to the person who posted it. If I replied, then they would know they had pushed my buttons and had gotten under my skin.

Honestly, I think there are a lot of ignorant, low-class people who just love drama and live for a fight or an argument, whether in person or Online. My parents always told me to stay away from those kind of people 'cause nothing good would ever come from associating with them.

“Topix Administration”

Since: Aug 09

Palo Alto, Ca

#11 Jun 12, 2012
Hello all,
Posts are removed when they violate our terms of service. Typing in capital letters or threatening will not have any bearing on whether a post is removed or not.

Also, it is extremely helpful that you do not reply to these posts because all you are doing is spreading it around and when we do remove it, it's difficult to find all the times it's been quoted.

Thanks
Mom

Owensboro, KY

#12 Oct 12, 2012
Good information
Mom

Owensboro, KY

#13 Oct 12, 2012
Good information.
Yep

Owensboro, KY

#14 Oct 22, 2012
Definitely do not respond to negative posters, it only provokes more horrible posts. I just can't believe anybody can anonomously post anything about anybody, terrible things that can tear families apart. I truthfully think this is a terrible website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 30 min wtf 7,185
Tara Hoggard OD 31 min union 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 155,437
tattoo shop 6 hr lol 15
verelies 11 hr hammertime 31
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 12 hr Big Stevie 81,660
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 13 hr Big Stevie 16,184

Morganfield Jobs

Morganfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morganfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morganfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]