Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,601 - 73,620 of 81,594 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
bliss

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
why would they want to ban firearms, smoking cigarettes, obesity, suspersized colas, or halt highrise jumping or convince people to practice motor vehicle safety and make abortions illegal ?
How will microbiologists keep the new strains from attacking granny? or choose which unwanted elements to control?
Forget the supersized colas, let's all just grab onto the concepts of mass hysteria and paranoa.
much of what you consider as hysteria and paranoia has been proven to be reality such as HAARP and chemtrails, biowarfare and population control...but for those who wish to remain blissfully unaware, this will remain in the realm of conspiracy hysteria and paranoia...to each his own I suppose.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Ahhh what a day. I have to run to the store in the morning and get more bird seed. Greedy little birds that they are, they must be fed. lol
Hope you all had a good day.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

next year im boycotting springing forward and building a blanket fort.

had me screwed up all week. poodle doesn't know which end is up either.... normally as soon as hubby pulls in the drive in the morning, he is up waiting at the door with his squeaker..... this morning hubby came in and Joe was still curled up in bed... he made it half way in the bed room before Joe shot up like we were being robbed... showing teeth and all. very funny....

eventually i think we are going to end up with a dog who loves me and bites daddy.... <pets dog, offers treat, "good boy">

angel (the am staff i inherited from work last year) has finally convinced me that she is not going to eat the cats...not that they are convinced :) has been inside more than out this winter..... she still sleeps in her crate but we haven't shut the door in weeks. he didn't slip past her... but she didn't start barking till Joe woke up and flipped. had to rescue hubby from both "killers" but seriously gives me pause about their protective capacity. oh well maybe i will get lucky and possible intruder will trip over a cat.
So true

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Fair nite all. What ever happened to going to bed with the chickens, I lost that one years ago .. However I do still get up with them.. Lots of warm wishes to you all, fine folks... May your head lay on a soft spot, may your body be warm , and may your mind be at ease as u drift to a safe place of slumber.. Whether near or far!!! Nite
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

bliss wrote:
<quoted text>
much of what you consider as hysteria and paranoia has been proven to be reality such as HAARP and chemtrails, biowarfare and population control...but for those who wish to remain blissfully unaware, this will remain in the realm of conspiracy hysteria and paranoia...to each his own I suppose.
One can be aware of the reality without choosing to live in the realm of conspiracy hysteria and paranoia. It is not blissful ignorance, but simply that I will not allow other people's concepts to contol my life (or death). GOD is still in control and there is a third option for "each HIS own" and that is to trust in GOD and do the best that you can and not be overly concerned with what others may or may not do.

I won't be like the story of the flood, where the guy fist moved to the upstairs and the rescue workers came by in a boat and asked him to evacuate and he said "GOD will take care of me". The waters rose and he went to the attic and more rescue workers came by and he told them the same thing. Then he moved to the roof and a 3rd set of rescue workers came in a boat and it was the same story until he drowned.

When he got to Heaven, he said "GOD what happened? I thought you were taking care of me". God said "I sent 3 boats after you'. So I will do the best that I can, but I won't make conspiracy theories a part of my daily diet.

so true

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

When I was a child , a little peddler came around in a truck on Tuesday's . My pa traded with him alot , and I never got very much , but he always brought me wrigleys gum. Too me that was gold in a little yellow pack... I chewed all week , and blowed the biggest bubbles... May we all chew , on life today and it work out good, if not we can just blow another bubble.. Take care...

You can understand and relate to most people better if you look at them - no matter how old or impressive they may be - as if they are children. For most of us never really grow up or mature all that much - we simply grow taller. O, to be sure, we laugh less and play less and wear uncomfortable disguises like adults, but beneath the costume is the child we always are, whose needs are simple, whose daily life is still best described by fairy tales.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
One can be aware of the reality without choosing to live in the realm of conspiracy hysteria and paranoia. It is not blissful ignorance, but simply that I will not allow other people's concepts to contol my life (or death). GOD is still in control and there is a third option for "each HIS own" and that is to trust in GOD and do the best that you can and not be overly concerned with what others may or may not do.
I won't be like the story of the flood, where the guy fist moved to the upstairs and the rescue workers came by in a boat and asked him to evacuate and he said "GOD will take care of me". The waters rose and he went to the attic and more rescue workers came by and he told them the same thing. Then he moved to the roof and a 3rd set of rescue workers came in a boat and it was the same story until he drowned.
When he got to Heaven, he said "GOD what happened? I thought you were taking care of me". God said "I sent 3 boats after you'. So I will do the best that I can, but I won't make conspiracy theories a part of my daily diet.
I heard that one years ago, and that is what I subscribe to. God helps those who help themselves. I definitely don't live a fearful life; in fact, I've been granted extra time in this world, and I thank God for it every day. I do; however, like to keep informed about what is going on around me, so I listen to news, research topics of interest on the net, then make a decision based upon what I have learned. In other words, I try to stay out of the paths of the tornadoes in life. God shows me a way, and I follow.

How is everything going with your chickens. Do they lay eggs all year round, or do they stop laying for awhile in the dead of winter. Just curious.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, everyone. I got up with the chickens, and now that our little guy has left for school, I can go back to bed for a little rest. Hope everyone is keeping warm. It's a little chilly out there.

Well, I fell again last night and landed on my head. Other than a headache, I think that I escaped real injury. Good thing that I have such a hard head.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

I dunno what was offensive in my last post. I talked about the ringing in my ears from insomnia. What's offensive about that? lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Good morning birdthreaders. Chilly morning like lala says, a little snow on the ground earlier, but the sun has made most of it disappear. Birds are chirping everywhere.

Speaking of birds, this is a creepy story. Unless it was Halloween and they were rubber vultures. haha

NJ trees decorated with creepy, upside-down dead vultures

In recent months, several New Jersey communities have become overrun with both black vultures and red turkey vultures, which have been fouling people's roofs and creeping out residents and pets alike. The solution is to hang deceased vultures upside down in the trees. Wildlife officials say it's a dead certainty that the dead birds will make their living relatives scram: Vultures are cool with seeing dead animals if they can snack on them, but not so much when it's one of their own. The buzzards are protected species that can't be killed without a permit, so locals have to make do with the macabre decoration.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/dead-vultures-hung-in-new-...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

lala, I know someone mentioned this in a post yesterday. I seen it on the nightly news. How scary to be golfing one minute and dropping 18 feet the next into a black hole.

Mo. golfer survives mid-round Illinois sinkhole

WATERLOO, Ill.(AP) When it comes to dealing with this divot, score one for golfer Mark Mihal.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch ( http://bit.ly/13QvcoX ) reports that the mortgage broker from Creve Coeur, Mo., is recovering after a sinkhole opened up beneath him Friday on the fairway at the 14th hole of a southwestern Illinois golf course.

The pit that swallowed him was 18 feet deep and 10 feet wide.

The 43-year-old Mihal was hoisted to safety with a rope. The encounter at Annbriar Golf Course near Waterloo just southeast of St. Louis left him with a dislocated shoulder.

Although Mihal says he still considers the course one of his favorites, he's having second thoughts about returning there, saying "it'd be kind of strange playing that hole again, for sure."

http://news.yahoo.com/mo-golfer-survives-mid-...

I wonder if HAARP is responsible for some of them.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

For all the truck drivers and loved ones of truckers. This is wild. Bless his heart, he did a great job. I bet the ones on the opposite side were freaking watching him sway from side to side. I try to stay off the roads when they look like that. He was amazing getting it corrected.

Trucker avoids crash after losing control

Now this is how you drive a truck like a boss! After losing control of his truck, this man manages to get things back on track.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/trucke... *dashcam*truck*ice&rel=msn &from=en-us_msnhp&form =MSNrll
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Interesting cleaning tips:

Surprising Household Items that Double as Cleaners
Think that beer in your fridge is just for drinking and that white bread is only for sandwiches? Think again.

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/surprising-hous...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

I am off here to get ready for car shopping with my sister. If I go with her and she buys from a couple dealers I know they will give me a couple hundred for a finders fee. I have collected 3 times in the last couple years recommended a car lot or dealer. Easy money.:)

Dancing cats supercut will leave you meowing for more

We'll take this montage of grooving cats as the feline apology for all those jerky things our furry friends have been pulling off, like pushing their buddies down the stairs and surreptitiously spilling our coffee. Yes, we forgive all you purring pets. Don't miss the slinky kitty striptease at 1:20 that will leave you meowing for more. Yeah, we know, your cat's an even better dancer. What are you waiting for? Break out the laser pointer and that antique "Cool for Cats" album and let your kitty bust a move!

http://now.msn.com/dancing-cats-show-their-da...

I hope you all have a sun shiny day!! Be back later to see if you guys are on. Sorry I missed you OJG, Betty, Belie, AW, Mistyeyed, so true, Nope...wonder how Blueminer and Hempburn are? I didn't see any posts. Hope all is well.

Have a great day!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that one years ago, and that is what I subscribe to. God helps those who help themselves. I definitely don't live a fearful life; in fact, I've been granted extra time in this world, and I thank God for it every day. I do; however, like to keep informed about what is going on around me, so I listen to news, research topics of interest on the net, then make a decision based upon what I have learned. In other words, I try to stay out of the paths of the tornadoes in life. God shows me a way, and I follow.
How is everything going with your chickens. Do they lay eggs all year round, or do they stop laying for awhile in the dead of winter. Just curious.
The old flock was aging and slowed down for the winter, so I sold them and had to buy a few eggs myself in December and January. I then bought more baby chicks and let them mature in the winter months and now they are quite productive. I am getting about 16 eggs each day that I sell to working people to cover the feed costs and give to the seniors.
Frank

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

You are all crazy, get a job and quit playing on the computer.
old worker

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
Lol doesn't that mean you too? It's all has to do with H.A.A.R.P. by 2025 the government will have complete control of our weather. They will wipe out more then half of our race to start the NWO. End is near so just be ready!! Might sound crazy but very true!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
Many of us have had jobs probably for more years than you have even lived, and now it is time for us to enjoy life including playing on the comouter. We may be crazy, but it is costing you nothing and it keeps us from going insane. LOL
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
I myself worked 40 hard, backbreaking years in construction and farming. At least we know how to grow our own food and have a place TO grow it, can hunt , fish, and gather fruits,nuts,berries,roots and herbs from the woods. while you and dennis rodman,amongst other NY idiots are sucking on your fourty ounce big gulps, and sucking up to that smit for brains Bloomberg ! what an idiot he is ! whats the city folk doing now, sucking on a big two liter jug of mountain dew ? Hahahahaha !
so true

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

got three jobs , if they need one of mine.. lol ,we all tend to vent in one way or another,,, I am blessed to have my computer friends, love hearing the good things that come on here lately.. Well gotta hit a job , just needed my morning fix.. Thanks yall

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Obama Zombies 151,017
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 46 min hey 1,044
Taylor Elizabeth Gumz 2 hr Would love the ch... 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr U go girl 16,143
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Huh 26,225
verelies 5 hr sam the sham 7
Job corp: Barton has lost control of the center 7 hr Fox 4
•••
•••
•••

Morganfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Morganfield People Search