Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,421 - 73,440 of 81,588 Comments Last updated 22 hrs ago
Hope

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

...and during the passage through the galactic center (which will occur over hundreds of years) there will be a gradual flipping of the north and south poles accompanied by a processional tilting of the earth's axis. This will have profound effects on the weather where places that were hot will become cold and vice versa and the tectonic plates will shift dramatically...in essence there will be a remodelling of the earth. The point is, what we are experiencing is a natural cycle of the earth and we are in the midst of the transition phase which will last anywhere from hundreds to thousands of years. One final event I am not sure about is something that was referenced in the Bible. It says somewhere (and I don't recall where in the Bible) that during the end times cataclysmic events the sun will rise in the west and set in the east. This has been interpreted by some that the earth's rotation will reverse during the passage through the galactic center and magnetic pole reversal which will happen through hundreds of years which would mean that prior to reversal the earth's rotation would have to begin slowing down. The earth's rotation has been measured to slow down about 1 second each year but whether it will slow down even more during the passage through the galactic center is unknown. Well, maybe some do know but they are just not telling.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

I suppose I won't hang around for that. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I'm with you-- I'll just watch the movie when it comes out

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Another swell day. Playing with my baby nephew and watched the birds. My parents have a HUGE wood pecker that comes into the yard and scares the rest of the birds. That is probably the biggest wood pecker I have ever seen in my life.
owl

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
these doomsday prophecies will not have any significant effect on us or even the next few generations. In terms of unversal time, we are just here for a second, like a snapshot standing still in time.
Shaky

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

A quake's a coming.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

owl wrote:
<quoted text>
these doomsday prophecies will not have any significant effect on us or even the next few generations. In terms of unversal time, we are just here for a second, like a snapshot standing still in time.
Exactly and even if they do, if we have faith in the CREATOR and respect for HIS creations and our fellow humans; will it really matter? There is a newer Gospel song that has much meaning for me that is called "Celebrate Me Home". I choose to believe that those that have gone before me are already "home".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

If you wish to look for "Celebrate Me Home", it is not the one by Kenny Loggins, but the one done by the Perrys.. the HD version.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Dog is restless for his tree.. twice tonight already. LOL Good Rest of the night to any birders that might still be awake.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Just wanna say hi to Everyone. Been busy not work so much but just a lot of stuff. Haven't had time to read much or post.

Nice to read OJG again. Wishes for the best to All! Though I'm not here a lot these days I still love this place.

And just a little more of my life philosophy. And I hope I can make this make sense. Ya spend a lifetime with yourself, and along comes someone ya though might have meant you harm. Ya find yourself deciding to clear years of cloudiness from your mind and that whirlwind of a someone blows it all away.

She teaches you things about yourself, teaches you things you should have always liked, but just never did.

Ya know on the horizon heartbreak may loom. But til then, how sweet... A little pain.
But beautiful memories...Or your Soulmate!
Hope all that is not too darn corny. Good night..

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Just checking in too. Good to see everyone posting.

I concocted a long comment last night with howdy do's well wishes and such, but I walked away before I clicked to send it and my laptop battery died before I got back, ROFLMBO! I surely didn't feel like rewriting the whole thing and when the PC shut down, it got taken into the abyss..

Anyway, I'm going back to bed. My dogs woke me up growling. Hope I don't have another possum sneaking around the coop! It's been a while since I relocated the other one. Maybe two weeks now I think?
(I wonder IF it found it's way back)?!

Take care everyone! May be back tomorrow morning. You never can tell about Nope, hehe!!

Good night!!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Ahhhh yes, that is coffee now, give me more my little black goddess of a jaca bean. Morning all, looks like a nice weekend brewing up to be outdoors. I may take pup to one of the shorter trails I run on and see if he likes jogging. Take care bird people.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Beautiful day outside! Can't believe it's been such a crazy week with the weather and now it's going to be 60 and 70 this weekend. I can't wait!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Army has been experimenting for years, in order to come up with a liquid that will eat through anything, and they finally did it. It eats through glass, stainless steel, iron, and all kinds of metal, rock and granite. Now, if they could only find something to put it in!
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
The Army has been experimenting for years, in order to come up with a liquid that will eat through anything, and they finally did it. It eats through glass, stainless steel, iron, and all kinds of metal, rock and granite. Now, if they could only find something to put it in!
I believe they have ; planet earth !
Adam

La Fayette, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Did anything happen 12/21/12

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
There you aree!!! Good to see you, and your corny jokes put a smile on my face. Keep the humor going, it's good for the soul.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Tim Boomhauer wrote:
AW, you like pizza and a good cold draft, you should try Godfathers in Lancaster one afternoon. Happy hour all day Saturday, 3-7 Sunday thur Friday.
For some reason this comment 87120 was deleated yesterday and my other comment 87121. Wondering if this goes through? I don't think I've said anything to be banned. Maybe this is why none of my comments get replied to.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Time is growing short, and the IRS does not like to wait for the tax return. So for the next week or so, I might not be able to pop in as much as I would like, but I've got to prepare the dreaded return. Therefore, I will have to organize my disorganized receipts, and that takes time. I'll read the posts in order to keep up with what is foing on (or not going on.)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>For some reason this comment 87120 was deleated yesterday and my other comment 87121. Wondering if this goes through? I don't think I've said anything to be banned. Maybe this is why none of my comments get replied to.
I think it happens every now and then to all the posters on here. We'd be glad to have another bird person . There's so much to talk about;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morganfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Ari son of Anarchy 149,894
fried bologna (Nov '13) 15 min parrish 14
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 26,228
loud people in public. (Dec '13) 9 hr j5m1th 19
Brittany (Jan '14) 9 hr JOSEPH BURKE 18
maria hansbrough chris thomas screwing 9 hr H0m3wr3kkn 4
chris thomas is a bit#h 9 hr bruno 6

Search the Morganfield Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Morganfield Jobs

•••