Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,731

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84883 Feb 2, 2013
There is already too much politics involved in deciding what is legal or illegal for the masses. If I want to grow a little hemp and roll and smoke a doobie, I don't think I should need to ask Big Brother Nancy if it is okay or not. The only reason moonshining was ever illegal is because the Government wanted the money.

Conversely, If I want to abstain it should be my choice and not because some preacher, politician, or group said I should.

You CAN teach an old dog a new trick. I was watching the History of Whiskey last night with my friend after we enjoyed our meal, and I learned where "bootlegging" terminology came from.

During Prohibition, bottles were made concave on one side and women stapped the round side to their legs to carry under their long flowing dresses. Thus "boot legging". LOL So women started it. hehehe Moonshining term came from the whiskey being made at night under the light of the moon. I guess I knew that but just never had given it much thought.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#84884 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
There is already too much politics involved in deciding what is legal or illegal for the masses. If I want to grow a little hemp and roll and smoke a doobie, I don't think I should need to ask Big Brother Nancy if it is okay or not. The only reason moonshining was ever illegal is because the Government wanted the money.
Conversely, If I want to abstain it should be my choice and not because some preacher, politician, or group said I should.
You CAN teach an old dog a new trick. I was watching the History of Whiskey last night with my friend after we enjoyed our meal, and I learned where "bootlegging" terminology came from.
During Prohibition, bottles were made concave on one side and women stapped the round side to their legs to carry under their long flowing dresses. Thus "boot legging". LOL So women started it. hehehe Moonshining term came from the whiskey being made at night under the light of the moon. I guess I knew that but just never had given it much thought.
agree fully :) and i would like to jump on the "states rights to govern their own" bandwagon also but since we reside in Kentucky that seems to be a thin tight rope to walk on.....

for instance i knew a young man i went to high school with that was busted with a joint and three seeds... he was charged with the standard at the time (almost ten years ago now) felony charge, he served only the initial night in jail and then two yrs probation and a fine 500 dollars.

when Kentucky followed the governments recommendation to decriminalize they knocked similar offenses down to a misdemeanor but are now giving the maximum penalties.

my cousin got busted last year with only a roach and was charged with a misdemeanor and got ten days in jail, two years probation, a 500 dollar fine, and had to donate 50 to the dare program without so much as a speeding ticket as a previous offense.

crookedwealth of Kentucky.......
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#84885 Feb 2, 2013
hope everyone has a good morning....

im off to store for now to hunt down some fels-naptha soap
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#84887 Feb 2, 2013
** Spell police,,Case, not cast in above. My fingers out run my brain sometimes,, like right now, I'm six word words behind,, must be one of the Itus boy like Arthur.
dirt road

Marion, KY

#84888 Feb 2, 2013
How 'bout the birds!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84889 Feb 2, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
** Spell police,,Case, not cast in above. My fingers out run my brain sometimes,, like right now, I'm six word words behind,, must be one of the Itus boy like Arthur.
Welcome Arthur. My nose picking finger is so crooked that when I go to pick the right nostril, I hit the left. I figure if I live another year that I will be poking myself in the eye. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84890 Feb 2, 2013
Good morning birdthreaders. How is everyone? Got the white stuff everywhere and still coming down. Frigid cold too. I see Ancient Wolf is still in Berea. haha

Betty it amazes me how people treat their animals.

Hempburn, sounds like you are definitely ready for the Super Bowl. My nephew bought wings everytime him and his wife went to the store starting in November. His freezor is full of them. They will more than enough. He said a couple years ago he was going to start doing that because they went so much the closer you got to Super Bowl Sunday. He has three freezers he keeps stocked. Of course one is filled with our family garden veggies we all enjoy. If we have time to bug out to his ponderosa is the SHTF that is where we are all going to meet. lol

Hope everyone stays warm and don't have to go anywhere like me. So glad I went out yesterday and got everything I needed to have a nice weekend indoors watching the white stuff fall. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84891 Feb 2, 2013
dirt road wrote:
How 'bout the birds!
They are trying to survive CATS now, their biggest killer. Make sure you feed the ones in your area during frozen snow days until they all come back in the SPRING. How 'bout that. lol
Raven

Stanton, KY

#84892 Feb 2, 2013
Misty Eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I said I wouldn't return. But intuitively, I'm thinking these are some of the nicest and most intelligent Folks I know eve if it is the Internet. Gets lonely around here.Raven.
Raven from Florida...I remember you now. How can it possibly be lonely where you are?
HilLogic

London, KY

#84893 Feb 2, 2013
Good morning to one and all! I hope everyone is finding an excuse to enjoy this beautiful winter weather, aside from 'Arthur' and other such residuals of our 'maturing process, of course. My philosophy is that if I can't change it, I may as well make the most of it!
I am so thankful just to wake up each morning that anything after that is just 'icing on the cake' of my day; and so I always look for my first laugh of the day to appear. Today it came in the form of a newspaper article via email, so I thought I would share it. I am convinced that laughter truly is the best medicine!

Avoid “Bad Taste” Fashion Combinations
By: Bill Hendrick

Many of us over 50, way over 50, or on the way to 50 are quite confused about how we should present ourselves.
We're unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to current fashions.
Despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:

A nose ring and bifocals
Spiked hair and bald spots
A pierced tongue and dentures
Miniskirts and support hose
Ankle bracelets and corn pads
Speedos and cellulite
A belly button ring and a gall bladder scar
Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor
Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge
Pierced nipples that hang below the waist
Bikinis and liver spots
Short shorts and varicose veins

And the ultimate “bad taste” in fashion for the “older folks”...
Thongs and Depends
Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop.

I hope everyone has a happy, fashion-faux-pas-free, day! LOL
...and try real hard to erase the image of the thongs and depends from of your mind!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84894 Feb 2, 2013
Snowing pretty hard here today. The local weather say nothing will come of it but the grass and road is already covered.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84895 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning birdthreaders. How is everyone? Got the white stuff everywhere and still coming down. Frigid cold too. I see Ancient Wolf is still in Berea. haha
Betty it amazes me how people treat their animals.
Hempburn, sounds like you are definitely ready for the Super Bowl. My nephew bought wings everytime him and his wife went to the store starting in November. His freezor is full of them. They will more than enough. He said a couple years ago he was going to start doing that because they went so much the closer you got to Super Bowl Sunday. He has three freezers he keeps stocked. Of course one is filled with our family garden veggies we all enjoy. If we have time to bug out to his ponderosa is the SHTF that is where we are all going to meet. lol
Hope everyone stays warm and don't have to go anywhere like me. So glad I went out yesterday and got everything I needed to have a nice weekend indoors watching the white stuff fall. lol
wow, must have another cup of java and wake up. I sure butchered that post. I guess I will do like Hempburn and satisfy the web English police. haha

His "freezEr is full of them" "theRE will be more than enough"
"because they went UP so much the closer it got to Super Bowl Sunday". "bug out to his ponderosa iF the SHTF,.."

Oh heck, you get the idea, if you can't figure out what I meant it is nothing but a thang. Insert comma's where needed. lol

I am off to grab coffee and check the white stuff, bird feeder and fat stray cat's food and water dish. Maybe the cold blast will clear my head. hahaha

Good morning Belie, Logic and Misty Eyed/Raven?, anyone else joining in, hope you are having a good morning. Happy Weekend!
other than

Stanton, KY

#84896 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news about your son. Glad he didn't have any problems. I wonder where Blueminer is.
It is hard to keep up with people when they change names like so many do on this thread.(Other than Sybil)
Chief Fat Feather, too cute. haha
I can always rely on you to keep up
My Yes Diet

Stanton, KY

#84897 Feb 2, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Yes, you know I heard one time that the truth lies somewhere between fact and fiction. You'll hear a report saying something was discovered one day then find oh there are inaccuracies. For instance, I read several articles on aloe Vera gel. Seems like a doctor in 1997 said it was healthy to consume. It was safe in lab rats. Great for everything;) Here recently, that notion has been reversed. No,no,no use it on the skin only. So, what do health nuts like myself do? I think, I'll research history because I South Americans and Native Americans always used what nature provided not some synthetically created pill that causes liver failure and stomach bleeding. They were more sensible.
The best medicine is natural wholesome foods. There is a growing trend towards nutritionals and herbal supplements and away from pharmaceuticals and processed foods.
stubbornness

Stanton, KY

#84898 Feb 2, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Kentucky is doomed to remain 50 years behind in the times. It's been that way since I first started to notice it as a kid, and it will be that way loooong after I'm gone. This state will have a very hard time being able to catch up at this point and time. It will take generations to pull it off.
What I used to consider part of the Kentucky charm, I now see as pure stubbornness toward anything progressive..
I'm SO thankful I chose to move back here only after I no longer needed to depend on our local mindset or economy to support myself. Sad to say that out loud, but it's true...
I completely agree
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84899 Feb 2, 2013
Well the little Jehovah's Witness girl and her lady friend made it "over the river and through the woods to Grandpa's house we go, the Ford Mustang knew the way, to carry it's way through the white, and drifting snow".

I offered them a shot of my DeKuyper Black Berry Brandy as a reward for braving the cold, but they just settled for a warm group hug. That sweet child gave me a pamphlet on how to deal with "When Someone You Love Dies". I said "Dear, I have already been there and done that and I just hang out waiting on my own turn and I hope it is in the Spring, but not next Spring".

All this talk about wings, I think I will go look at Wille Nelson's video of "I'LL Fly Away".
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84900 Feb 2, 2013
other than wrote:
<quoted text>
I can always rely on you to keep up
And you as well, I think I will continue to address you as my anagram name you use for me and no longer call you Sybil unless you have something else you would like me to call you (like for dinner)...haha, that did kinda sound funny huh? I had to throw that end. Earlier post. You know why I did and some people think it is desrespectful due to the storyline of Sally Field's movie.

Guess more and more people are hearing about those bunkers we talked about two years ago huh? I wonder how that poster is doing who was reading up from the beginning is doing. lol

I have been watching that map everyday with all the earthquakes, epidemics, volcano activity, extreme weather etc. When you look at the global one on certain nights it is blinking from pole to pole. Flu virus is killing allot of people. Madrid Fault is active..Missour, Ill, Ind, Tennessee, Ark earthquakes, although minor they are active. Then you have the sinkholes everywhere across the globe. Let them go into those bunkers. I don't think I would want to be hiding underground. haha At least the death numbers of birds/fish etc are minimum now. I haven't seen any mass numbers except maybe fish. Lack of oxygen is what they claim.

I went out to feed the birds, no sign of adopted cat (probably at his other family's house, haha) and the sun came out, shining bright in a clear blue sky with white fluffy clouds. Frigid cold, but it was like splashing cold water on your face, kinda refreshing. I think I cleared my morning fog. Last cup of java helped too. I hope the chemsprayers give it a rest today. They are still spraying weekly almost in this area.

Have a wonderful day, Belie
marijuana

Stanton, KY

#84901 Feb 2, 2013
WKG wrote:
McConnell joins backers of Kentucky industrial hemp bill; Rogers still opposes
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201301...
The two most senior members of Kentucky’s federal congressional delegation have taken opposite sides in the debate over legalizing industrial hemp in Kentucky.
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced Thursday that he is supporting the effort to legalize the product —saying he’s been convinced of its economic potential for Kentucky’s farmers and his state’s economy.
But U.S. Rep. Hal Rogers, the 5th District Republican who chairs the House Appropriations Committee, said in a statement later in the day that he remains unconvinced that the economic potential outweighs the concerns of law enforcement.
Kentucky Senate Bill 50, pushed by state Agriculture Commissioner James Comer, would allow production of industrial hemp if the federal government reclassified the plant as separate from marijuana.
Hemp seeds produce plants with less than 1 percent THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, which has between 3 percent and 15 percent THC.
The Kentucky State Police oppose the bill, saying it would make enforcement efforts against marijuana, which looks identical to hemp, more difficult. Also opposing the bill are the Kentucky Narcotic Officers’ Association and Operation UNITE, an Eastern Kentucky drug eradication group founded by Rogers.
Besides McConnell, a Republican, the bill is backed by U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth, D-3rd District, and U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie, R-4th District, all three of whom are scheduled to testify Feb. 11 before the Senate Agriculture Committee........
it's about time to decriminalize perhaps nature's best medicine. Interesting history involving Harry J. Anslinger and William Randolph Hearst back in 1930 in which they utilized the problem/reactin/solution paradigm to gain control and reap huge profits for the federal government and the pharmaceutical industry.
http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-ma...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84902 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well the little Jehovah's Witness girl and her lady friend made it "over the river and through the woods to Grandpa's house we go, the Ford Mustang knew the way, to carry it's way through the white, and drifting snow".
I offered them a shot of my DeKuyper Black Berry Brandy as a reward for braving the cold, but they just settled for a warm group hug. That sweet child gave me a pamphlet on how to deal with "When Someone You Love Dies". I said "Dear, I have already been there and done that and I just hang out waiting on my own turn and I hope it is in the Spring, but not next Spring".
All this talk about wings, I think I will go look at Wille Nelson's video of "I'LL Fly Away".
Good morning Ancient Wolf, I totally understand with that pamphlet. Hosparus still sends mail with an invitation to grief groups etc. I hate to almost be an expert in dealing with grief. I used prayer, family and friends. Grateful for all three outlets. I agree on the "hope it's in the Spring, but not next Spring". I forgot to post my favorite song by Willie and Friends and why I bought that cd when I was posting songs the other night. Enjoy your "I'll Fly Away".

The Highwaymen - Highwayman
Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson perform the Jimmy Webb song "Highwayman" live. Filmed in March 1990 at Long Island's Nassau Coliseum.
owl

Stanton, KY

#84903 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
the reason for the prohibition of marijuana was also for profit for Big Pharma and Big Brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ian 5 hr yep yep 11
Jon & April 7 hr Jon potter 14
catholic boarding school in the 1920's Thu me 2
××××krystal moore aka krystal clear xxxx Thu no 19
Chris and Magan Thu Liviy 4
april rice (Apr '12) Dec 23 whatwhowhenwhere 16
teen moms Dec 22 gross 8
Morganfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web