No more Job Corps
Hairy Butt

Morganfield, KY

#21 Jan 10, 2013
Johnny b good, you are correct. Once you put your hands on one of the students kiss your ASS goodbye. They believe the students over the staff also. And the students know this, soo they do what they want. And the students will tell you to your face you can't do anything to them, the whole place is screwed up. And anyone who has worked there will tell you the same thing!!!
Hairy Butt

Morganfield, KY

#22 Jan 10, 2013
Ur All Idiots, ever think that after doing soo many people dirty, and firing soo many people and not caring about their families, just like job corp has, eventually it comes back around to bite you. What people do in the dark, comes out in the light!!!You can only do people dirty for soo long till god takes care of the people doing these things!!!
money spent at walmart

Centertown, KY

#23 Jan 10, 2013
Ur all idiots wrote:
First thing done right huh? I guess taking the food off 250 people's tables that work there is right? All you people sit here and complain about Job Corp, but you don't realize how much money it puts in the local economy. Quick math lesson: 1300 kids go to Wal-Mart every other week, if they spend 30 dollars each that's 39000.00 dollars. That equals 78000.00 dollars a month, which in turn equals 936000.00 a year just at WAL MART. That's just student pay. What about the 250 people who work there, and live here? I'm talking about your next door neighbors, your friends, your family. To all you people think its right, I just hope one day you will be out a job and can't feed your kids, can't pay your mortgage, can't pay your car note, and then we will see how right it is.
Money spent at Walmart get transferred to the home office, so you can throw that equation out. Now the increased revenue does affect how many employees are hired and their paycheck spent at local business stays local. Higher revenue means bigger donations that walmart can make locally. Use a diffent approach to make your arguement.
Ur all idiots

United States

#24 Jan 10, 2013
Hairy Butt wrote:
Ur All Idiots, ever think that after doing soo many people dirty, and firing soo many people and not caring about their families, just like job corp has, eventually it comes back around to bite you. What people do in the dark, comes out in the light!!!You can only do people dirty for soo long till god takes care of the people doing these things!!!
maybe if you did your job and weren't an complete moron, you would still be working there. Anyone with any kind of sense can do good there, your just another disgruntled ex employee! What department did you work in?
Ur all idiots

United States

#25 Jan 10, 2013
money spent at walmart wrote:
<quoted text>
Money spent at Walmart get transferred to the home office, so you can throw that equation out. Now the increased revenue does affect how many employees are hired and their paycheck spent at local business stays local. Higher revenue means bigger donations that walmart can make locally. Use a diffent approach to make your arguement.
How about all the money the 250 employees spend in the community. I'm talking serious money. People eating lunch daily, and spending there money in the community. How about all the money ECCJCC spends at local businesses, on fuel for vehicles, at the Morganfield Home Center for projects, Napa, Carquest, Danhauer's, ect. Alot of people don't realize just how much money is put into the local community from ECCJCC. It's the 2nd largest employer in the County behind the Coal Mines. How about all the taxes on the money that the ECCJCC STUDENTS and STAFF spend? It's gonna hurt Union County you best believe.
money spent at walmart

Centertown, KY

#26 Jan 10, 2013
Ur all idiots wrote:
<quoted text>How about all the money the 250 employees spend in the community. I'm talking serious money. People eating lunch daily, and spending there money in the community. How about all the money ECCJCC spends at local businesses, on fuel for vehicles, at the Morganfield Home Center for projects, Napa, Carquest, Danhauer's, ect. Alot of people don't realize just how much money is put into the local community from ECCJCC. It's the 2nd largest employer in the County behind the Coal Mines. How about all the taxes on the money that the ECCJCC STUDENTS and STAFF spend? It's gonna hurt Union County you best believe.
Apparently you don't know how to read my reply to you. So let me write it out again. I stated that you can't use the money spent at walmart as an equation as that goes to the home office. As stated in my earlier post. Paychecks spent locally is a good arguement as well as donations being given by walmart off the revenue they make. I understand your logic, you just needed to approach it in a different way.
goodridens

Henderson, KY

#27 Jan 10, 2013
Current Job Corps Employe wrote:
Goodridens, what gives you the right to call our students scum. Those "scum" have given more time to community projects than you probably ever have or will. Those "scum" fixed the Dekoven boat docks, built countless picnic tables for local parks, cleaned countless miles of roads, donated thousands in canned goods, filled hundreds if not thousands of sand bags during the flood last year to save property for complete strangers and so on! If that is scum than you are delusional!
i have been in the position of losing everything i have worked for, and I was NOT referring to the students of job corps as scum.I WAS talking about the people who ride the welfare wagon month to month than take away from ALL who work to provide for our families. sorry if it sounded like it was toward the students,it wasn't
Sad

United States

#28 Jan 10, 2013
This horrible layoff helps No One. It hurts everyone . Please put yourself in their shoes . ECCJCC has produced many suucess stories too. It is a community full of families who work there and the students are just like other kids. Yes some are disadvantaged youth. Some need a second chance. Don't we all sometime in our lives? Pull your head out of your Azz and if you can't say anything nice just don't say anything at all.
the truth

Morganfield, KY

#29 Jan 10, 2013
About anyone who has ever worked there can tell you, they will draw just as much, maybe more on unemployment than they make there. That will hold them over until they can find other jobs. I doubt they will have to lay off very many people anyway as they are never fully staffed anyway and lose an everage of 20 employees a month through simple attrition. People quitting the lousy job or getting canned.
JJ

Tucker, GA

#30 Jan 10, 2013
Goodridens, what gives you the right to call our students scum. Those "scum" have given more time to community projects than you probably ever have or will. Those "scum" fixed the Dekoven boat docks, built countless picnic tables for local parks, cleaned countless miles of roads, donated thousands in canned goods, filled hundreds if not thousands of sand bags during the flood last year to save property for complete strangers and so on! If that is scum than you are delusional!
Is that you Nyra?
True

United States

#31 Jan 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="JJ
"]<quoted text>
Is that you Nyra?[/QUOTE]No it can't be Nyra it was to intelligent and by now she is passed out. She should be the first to go!!!! She is their downfall.
Concerned daughter

Elizabethtown, KY

#32 Jan 10, 2013
My mother works at job corps the same as all the other mothers fathers etc do that will be in jeopardy of losing their jobs and its sad any way that u want to look at it! There's nothing good gonna come out of all these people being out of work especially when so many places have already shut down and are laying off employees now such as the coal mines! Anyone who thinks anything negative about people of our community losing their jobs are probably the ones that lay around on their asses and do nothing but sit on this website to talk about people because they have nothing better to do! So my advice to u would be get a job and invest ur lives and hearts into that job and then maybe u will understand that by this happening its hurting this county and people in it!
Current Job Corps Employe

Morganfield, KY

#33 Jan 10, 2013
No it's not Nyra.
friend of jc

Fairfax, VA

#34 Jan 10, 2013
No it's not Nyra.
It's Miss Candi.
Hoemetowner

Milwaukee, WI

#35 Jan 10, 2013
friend of jc wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Miss Candi.
Its the real world, coming to judge you.
Hairy Butt

Morganfield, KY

#36 Jan 10, 2013
Ur All Idiots did i hit a nerve? You are probably one of the employees who made fun of people that have gotten fired! Now look, your Azz is fixing to be in the same boat as them! HaHa how many people have you called morons that have gotten terminated? Well looks like one of the biggest MORONS is fixing to be an Ex-Employee along with a lot of other MORONS at job corp that treat people like dirt. Remember you can only do people wrong for soo long, and it catches up with you. I don't feel sorry for yall at all.......
johnny b good

United States

#37 Jan 10, 2013
There may be some things that are not done like they should be out there but that is any job and for you all that think this is the best for my community tell that to my child when bills cant be paid because that unemployment check will take a while before it comes and only be half the check that is normally made.
Hometowner

Milwaukee, WI

#38 Jan 10, 2013
Hairy, we can safely assume you got your azz canned long ago.
reason for reductions

Fairfax, VA

#39 Jan 10, 2013
What is the reason given for reducing the number of students and laying off 1/2 the employees? Did the management explain or give the reason?
True

United States

#40 Jan 10, 2013
reason for reductions wrote:
What is the reason given for reducing the number of students and laying off 1/2 the employees? Did the management explain or give the reason?
Budget cut from Delt of Labor due to poor student performance ... So they let the ones who are not producing go. Saves money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vanity's merchandise Fri Wildsnipe50 41
Who has f*cked with SAMANTHA GLENN??? (May '15) Fri Yep 19
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) May 26 Patriot 588
Garbage May 26 upset in the county 30
Tell me about Cassie Utley May 26 Bags 6
ahahaha May 25 Truth 6
Live on Purpose is a scam May 25 Barney 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganfield Mortgages