First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Jake

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2013
So who all got the ax at ECCJCC ? Cut 1/2 staff and students.
Heard on FB

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Saw a female JC teacher post that her job was now gone and also woman cook at JC.
Betty

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2013
What R U talking about!
Heard on FB

United States

#4 Jan 9, 2013
JC student numbers will be cut from 1300 down to 650. Employee numbers will be cut proportionately, roughly 1/2. Announced to the employees today. No warning given. Don't know the reason.
Betty

United States

#5 Jan 9, 2013
So when does this happen? What will happen to the students left ? Will it close completely down?
Heard on FB

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Don't know if this is a total shut down or a downsizing. Students can transfer to one of the other campuses not affected.
Hairy Butt

Morganfield, KY

#7 Jan 9, 2013
Soo what's happening to the security department?
johnny b good

United States

#8 Jan 10, 2013
They are cutting half the employees but they are trying to fight it. No one has been laid off yet there are 6 other centers it is also happening to. They are missing 60 million dollars and cant afford a to keep all the students and employees
Betty

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2013
Already heard one person hurt his back and now he will be safe due to Worksman Comp.... Sooooo let this begin.... Hurt Back oldest trick in the book.
Serial

Duluth, GA

#10 Jan 10, 2013
If jc is laying people off, then why are they advertising for employment? That makes no sense!!
Steve

Madisonville, KY

#11 Jan 10, 2013
I was hired and scheduled to start Monday. I was called this morning and told I know longer have a job. So guess I'm looking agin!
Ex Job Corps Management

Duluth, GA

#12 Jan 10, 2013
The place is a mess...at best, 30% of the students take advantage and succeed. Some/most instructors let their students sleep all day, Material Handling...you can almost get mugged going in and out of. Vocational welfare at best...finally our government got something right.
Hairy Butt

Morganfield, KY

#13 Jan 10, 2013
Ex job corps management, you got that 100 percent correct. The management says its safe out there, but I would NOT allow any of my family to go out there! The top management, and supervisors are out for themselves, don't care about the employees under them at all! And the supervisors forget where they came from to where they are now!
johnny b good

United States

#14 Jan 10, 2013
And security cant even defend themselves from students if they try to attack them
goodridens

Henderson, KY

#15 Jan 10, 2013
heres the first thing done right,now lets knock the scum off welfare . this WILL get the budget balanced by its self
Current Job Corps Employe

Morganfield, KY

#16 Jan 10, 2013
Hey Ev Job Corps Management, ever think that you are an "EX" Job Corps Management because you didn't do your job? Maybe if you had your erroneously assumed 30% would be higher!
johnny b good

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2013
Naw its just gunna put the jobless people from our community on it
Truths

Haubstadt, IN

#18 Jan 10, 2013
You can bet this
Not naming names but my boss will make it
He and the big boss are buddies and worked together elsewhere
He cleans up all the departments
Ur all idiots

United States

#19 Jan 10, 2013
First thing done right huh? I guess taking the food off 250 people's tables that work there is right? All you people sit here and complain about Job Corp, but you don't realize how much money it puts in the local economy. Quick math lesson: 1300 kids go to Wal-Mart every other week, if they spend 30 dollars each that's 39000.00 dollars. That equals 78000.00 dollars a month, which in turn equals 936000.00 a year just at WAL MART. That's just student pay. What about the 250 people who work there, and live here? I'm talking about your next door neighbors, your friends, your family. To all you people think its right, I just hope one day you will be out a job and can't feed your kids, can't pay your mortgage, can't pay your car note, and then we will see how right it is.
Current Job Corps Employe

Morganfield, KY

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Goodridens, what gives you the right to call our students scum. Those "scum" have given more time to community projects than you probably ever have or will. Those "scum" fixed the Dekoven boat docks, built countless picnic tables for local parks, cleaned countless miles of roads, donated thousands in canned goods, filled hundreds if not thousands of sand bags during the flood last year to save property for complete strangers and so on! If that is scum than you are delusional!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min American Lady 155,317
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Commietator 7,061
tiffany vanover 1 hr oh hell 1
Attempted Murder? 1 hr get it right 9
tattoo shop 1 hr lol 8
China McGuire and dontae smith (Jul '13) 1 hr why 14
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,659

Morganfield Jobs

Morganfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morganfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morganfield

Personal Finance