New chief may end old controversy

New chief may end old controversy

There are 30 comments on the Burlington Free Press story from Oct 6, 2008, titled New chief may end old controversy. In it, Burlington Free Press reports that:

The long and polemic story of policing in Brighton and its village, Island Pond, has a new chapter: Jeff Noyes, a man with a history in law enforcement, has been hired as chief of the fledgling Brighton Police ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burlington Free Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PDFF418

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#1 Oct 6, 2008
Welcome Jeff, I hope things go well in the community and getting things back on tract with the department.
I'm certain that it will be a struggle at first but things will fall into place soon enough.
The selectboard seems to be on the right path and community based is certianly the way to go and keep up visability alo.

Good luck.

“Think Poetry”

Since: Oct 08

Northeast Kingdom Vermont

#2 Oct 6, 2008
Jeff is a standup guy; he will make a fine addition to Island Pond.
Fed Up Again

Cambridge, VT

#3 Oct 17, 2008
he parks on private land owners driveways to watch traffic
unbelievable

Boston, MA

#4 Oct 17, 2008
Fed Up Again wrote:
he parks on private land owners driveways to watch traffic
Hey "up yours" you pea brain. Why are you using (Fed Up Again's - Barton ) post name??? You really do need help and I see your not wanted on here according the poll.

Why don't you just leave like you where asked, your nothing but a joke.
to the haters

Waterbury, VT

#5 Oct 18, 2008
unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "up yours" you pea brain. Why are you using (Fed Up Again's - Barton ) post name??? You really do need help and I see your not wanted on here according the poll.
Why don't you just leave like you where asked, your nothing but a joke.
and you are? ha ha... go f*** yourself, i dont care what you want or if your friends with fed up again .say something of intrest other than just trying to piss me off you waste time and subjects the both of you , and then you are surprised when you come out looking like an idiot. please as i said to your little friend if you have nothing to add with out attacking people than maybe you should take a class in growing up. if you don't like me on here than go away, it isn't that hard to comprehend is it?
unbelievable

Boston, MA

#6 Oct 18, 2008
to the haters wrote:
<quoted text> and you are? ha ha... go f*** yourself, i dont care what you want or if your friends with fed up again .say something of intrest other than just trying to piss me off you waste time and subjects the both of you , and then you are surprised when you come out looking like an idiot. please as i said to your little friend if you have nothing to add with out attacking people than maybe you should take a class in growing up. if you don't like me on here than go away, it isn't that hard to comprehend is it?
You didn't answer my question. Why do you use other peoples post names and add your negative crap about your new police man up there????
I would be pissed at you for doing that. You talk about us pissing you off. Just because I happen to agree with F U A, doesn't mean he or she is my friend.You really are a big complainer and will never be happy with your town.

I will let you answer my question and I'm out of here.......
to the haters

Waterbury, VT

#7 Oct 18, 2008
as a matter of fact he has been parking on private property which is no big deal if you get landowners permission i respond back to negativity not make it...
PDFF418

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#8 Oct 18, 2008
Perhaps some people have to much time on their hands to watch what the police are doing and aren't doing. Most people welcome POLICE presense and like to see them work or deter crfime, speeding, crime. That is also part of police work to park and observe and yes park in driveways within the town/state right of way. Also emergency designated vehicles are exempt from motor vehicle regulations, while conducting official business, IE; wrong way on a one way, proceed thru stop signs after making safe, park in fir zones...you get it don't you??? POLICE, FIRE,EMS,you know what I am saying right. I don't suppose you are the one that would question whre the police /fire/ems are when you need them. Develope some respect for them and find a new hobby!!!!!!!!!!I am certain you are well versed in how a police officer does his job or how you think they should do their jobs, with all your public safety training and experience.
whocares

Waterbury, VT

#9 Oct 19, 2008
PDFF418 wrote:
Perhaps some people have to much time on their hands to watch what the police are doing and aren't doing. Most people welcome POLICE presense and like to see them work or deter crfime, speeding, crime. That is also part of police work to park and observe and yes park in driveways within the town/state right of way. Also emergency designated vehicles are exempt from motor vehicle regulations, while conducting official business, IE; wrong way on a one way, proceed thru stop signs after making safe, park in fir zones...you get it don't you??? POLICE, FIRE,EMS,you know what I am saying right. I don't suppose you are the one that would question whre the police /fire/ems are when you need them. Develope some respect for them and find a new hobby!!!!!!!!!!I am certain you are well versed in how a police officer does his job or how you think they should do their jobs, with all your public safety training and experience.
the police are welcome to continue to park on my private property but i will go discus the arangments with him as i di d with ted ,just like the towns people, he has to realize that nothing iin this town is free and you should at least ask a landowner permission before using their proprty as your own...that is not running him down ..that is common sense he can park right by the house but ask it is after all the LEGAL thing to do..
PDFF418

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#10 Oct 20, 2008
Excellent...very good! I like what and how you explained your intentions. I am certain the communication will go a long way.
Just someone who knows

United States

#11 Oct 29, 2008
Police Cheif Noyes is not worthy to be wearing
that uniform.
Not only does he lie to make himself look good. But hey don't ask me this, but ask him why he got fired from the Sherrif's Office.
See if he tells you the truth. It was in all the papers, even had his car impounded.
Seems he got caught out in the boonies, with someone.
But I wont post it here, the family does not deserve that. Was caught by none other then his wife as well.
Other Police don't think to much of him either.
Gee I wonder how much it cost to make that all go away? Not all is as it seems.
This is posted under the freedom of speach act.
Just someone who knows.
Fed Up Again

Williston, VT

#12 Oct 29, 2008
Just someone who knows wrote:
Police Cheif Noyes is not worthy to be wearing
that uniform.
Not only does he lie to make himself look good. But hey don't ask me this, but ask him why he got fired from the Sherrif's Office.
See if he tells you the truth. It was in all the papers, even had his car impounded.
Seems he got caught out in the boonies, with someone.
But I wont post it here, the family does not deserve that. Was caught by none other then his wife as well.
Other Police don't think to much of him either.
Gee I wonder how much it cost to make that all go away? Not all is as it seems.
This is posted under the freedom of speach act.
Just someone who knows.
It dosn't mean his past problems If true, will effect his performance in Island Pond??

"New Job, Fresh start in life" Some people learn by there mistakes and lets hope he did.

Everyone diservs another chance.
Just Someone Who Knows

United States

#13 Oct 29, 2008
Fed Up Again wrote:
<quoted text>
It dosn't mean his past problems If true, will effect his performance in Island Pond??
"New Job, Fresh start in life" Some people learn by there mistakes and lets hope he did.
Everyone diservs another chance.

Be interesting to see what your response is when he uses that badge to push his weight around and gets caught out in the puckers with your daughter.
Fed Up Again

Williston, VT

#14 Oct 29, 2008
Just Someone Who Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Be interesting to see what your response is when he uses that badge to push his weight around and gets caught out in the puckers with your daughter.
Tell me, what should we do now? Should we fire him because of his past and try to find an angel like we had here for 24 years?

I would think the people that hired him, looked into his history. If he was convictid for breaking the law, I don't believe he would of been hired in the first place.

Can you offer your advice on this matter, so we can get perfect law enforcemnt for this town?
Just Someone Who Knows

United States

#15 Oct 30, 2008
Noone is perfect but before you praise someone for a job, know all the facts and did I forget to mention that the girl was still in school.
So don't give a person praise who does not earn it.
He is not worthy to be even a security guard for Walmart.
Wait till he pulls you over and then lies to make himself look good and then we will see what your response is.
The guy is nothing more then a free loader. Praying on little towns.
I know because I live somewhere up here in the Great White North
Tru Ponder

Rochester, NH

#16 Nov 2, 2008
New police chief or not, I full-heartedly believe that the entire department is a waste of expenditures in town at this time. If population (and crime and tourism) increase in the future then perhaps such a budget item may be necessary. Perhaps the wood pellet plant offering new jobs will change the face of the town and its public service needs. Instead of trimming the school budget and contemplating busing children out of town why do we not cut needless items such as the police department and contract with the Sheriff's department for little to no cost?

Besides... as someone who constantly is around town I never seem to see any officer on duty. The lack of public presence of our police force is also alarming considering the cost and grief this entire issue has caused the community.
Fed Up Again

Williston, VT

#17 Nov 2, 2008
Tru Ponder wrote:
New police chief or not, I full-heartedly believe that the entire department is a waste of expenditures in town at this time. If population (and crime and tourism) increase in the future then perhaps such a budget item may be necessary. Perhaps the wood pellet plant offering new jobs will change the face of the town and its public service needs. Instead of trimming the school budget and contemplating busing children out of town why do we not cut needless items such as the police department and contract with the Sheriff's department for little to no cost?
Besides... as someone who constantly is around town I never seem to see any officer on duty. The lack of public presence of our police force is also alarming considering the cost and grief this entire issue has caused the community.
I totaly agree. The responce-time from the state police is useraly within an hour or less. I'm not sure what the sheriff's responce-time is.

Do you have any idea what the cost for law enforcemnt has been for the last seven months?

“Think Poetry”

Since: Oct 08

Northeast Kingdom Vermont

#18 Nov 3, 2008
An hour is too long in an emergency; I trust you are speaking about a non emergency situation, like someone trampled my flower bed. An hour in a situation where are person would really need safety presence is just no acceptable.

I suspect the pellet mill will simply bring nice, ordinary folks who just want to work for a living.
PDFF418

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#19 Nov 3, 2008
Yes an hour is fine if your not the one who needs help or is getting you butt beat. The town has the authority to dictate how the police presense is applied...so go to a meeting and voice your opinion. As for his past, i thinl you are on the money with his ethical issues. That today is the bigest part of your background...not like the old days...in other towns, but I guess its status here in the pond. Hope the new plant helps the town and things progress with the town and public safety..in general.
PDFF418

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#20 Nov 3, 2008
Ohh the cost a year is about 42,000.00, part time ..no benefits etc..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Valentines (Nov '07) Aug '18 ScamArtistAlert 595
Orleans county Judge Robert Bent Aug '18 Antivermont 5
News Human smuggling getting sophisticated on northe... Jul '18 Hilldabeastfartwin 15
News With focus on Mexico, apprehensions grow at Can... Jul '18 Billcfarty 2
Mac's Party in Derby Line Vt. Sept. 1973 (Sep '11) Feb '18 Norm C 22
News Border cops bust 15 illegal immigrants at the U... (Oct '17) Oct '17 jo in canada 2
News Ever wanted to live in 2 nations at once? Here'... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Rev Cash Dollar 1

Morgan Jobs

Personal Finance

Morgan Mortgages