Man stabbed to death during party in Watsonville

Full story: Kion46.com

Watsonville - A 17-year-old boy is behind bars today after he allegedly stabbed a man to death at a party in Watsonville early Saturday morning, Santa Cruz County Sheriff's office senior dispatcher Mike ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 78 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Aptos High Graduate

Morgan Hill, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2006

Its hard to believe I've been told a friend of ours has pasted away due to a mindless act. May Chris Carr rest in peace and watch over those who miss you dearly.
Taryn Washburn

Rohnert Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2006

Aptos High Graduate wrote:
Its hard to believe I've been told a friend of ours has pasted away due to a mindless act. May Chris Carr rest in peace and watch over those who miss you dearly.
"In the security of friends that we have grown up with since middle school, itís freighting to think that one person can destroy a life and a community so quickly. Where we once felt safe no longer is, and a wonderful friend that had everything going for him no longer gets a chance at life. This will haunt our community and our thoughts forever but Chrisís life will always be remembered and cherished."
Watsonville Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2006

I knew Leopoldo Alex Cortez as a funny kid always out for a good time and didnt let his friends get beat up. He was a great person at heart. All what happened was the situation got out of hand and people paniced.
Katt

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2006

Judged:

Leopoldo made a terrible choice. No one panicked. Please do not insult the 50+ witnesses who saw the incident. Please do not insult my dear gentle soul of a brother who would not hurt a FLY by insinuating this was something OTHER than the irresponsible violent act of a trespassing, troubled, inhumane beast of a boy. I pray he learns compassion and finds forgiveness from God. I pray God forgives him for me and our family since we are unable to do so yet. Our father ministers at the Soledad state prison. Life will ironically place he and Leopoldo face to face someday. I know my father will be kind.
Katt

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2006

For those wishing to keep up to date on this trial....please be on the look out for a website under construction. All hearings are open to the public and being there is a show of support for Chris. The DA's office will be collecting victim impact statements at the close of the trial
friend of Chris

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2006

I would like to say that Chris was a friend of mine and while I did not see him more that once a month or so his passing has affected me greatly. He was a wonderful young man who was on his way to great things and instead he has been taken from us in the worst way possible. When I saw how many other people he had made an impact on at the memorial it was hard to believe he was only 23 years old. The world will miss Chris Carr and he will never be forgotten.
Chris

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2006

To "Watsonville Citizen"..

Go away...let family and friends remember Chris without having to hear someone defend the person that did this. Leave that for court.
Beth

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2006

Christopher Carr was my baby brother. We had 23 wonderful fun filled years together. He was a great brother and I am proud to have been his sister. I want to thank all of you for your kind words and support. My family and I are so very thankful for all you have done. Remember....Never Forget Chris Carr
cecy

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2006

may he rest in peace
Alex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2006

to: wvner

thats a funny name that you chose to write..because as far as i've heard, chris was more associated with the guys from wvn. news flash~just because you know his nickname doesnt mean you know him.

Nice way to try and make up lies.
But sorry, no ones stupid.
nice try.
Chris

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2006

I don't know who you guys (wvner and Chris from AOL) are trying to help...but you're helping nobody with this stuff...

let it go..let the courts handle it. Show up at court and show your support.
Friend of Alex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2006

I think we all agree with this last comment. And, thank you to whoever left it. Seriously..I know we're all hurt and stuff, but dont put down the other side just for the hell of it~ the truth is going to come out in the courts about both sides..and youre not going to change anything.
friend of Chris

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2006

NEVER FORGET CHRIS CARR
Friend of Alex Cortez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2006

FREE BUTTERS
Katt

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Friend of Alex wrote:
I think we all agree with this last comment. And, thank you to whoever left it. Seriously..I know we're all hurt and stuff, but dont put down the other side just for the hell of it~ the truth is going to come out in the courts about both sides..and youre not going to change anything.
What other side??? So I suppose over 50 people were just imagining what they saw? Please stop trying to defend this kid who killed chris - he made a stupid decision NOT TO LEAVE A PARTY HE WASNOT INVITED TO. The truth will come out incourt. Guilty. Never forget Chris Carr
Butters

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

I think youre mistaken cause my friend was there and he saw what happened...it was self defense so i dont know what youre thinking. chris shouldnt try to use his martial arts training at parties when he is drunk. you shouldnt "imagine" that your friend cris was just minding his own business and butters attacked him out of nowhere..is that your main point, that butters was "not invited"...well i hope you can explain why dozens of ohther kids were there that were not invited..and how can you say he wasnt invited when he knew more than half of the people there, i think someone had to invite him, i didnt know you had to be personally invited by chris the bodyguard to enter the party without being hurt..i think if anything crhis shouldnt have touched him in the first place. i feel bad for you that you are hurting, but the truth will come out in court. not guilty.

free butters!!!
Orion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2006

after reading all of this i have to agree with "chris" who left the comment:

"I don't know who you guys (wvner and Chris from AOL) are trying to help...but you're helping nobody with this stuff...

let it go..let the courts handle it. Show up at court and show your support."

that is all we can do, whether we on the side of Chris or on the side of Alex. i just found out about all of this and i am a bit surprised by it all. i knew Chris, and i know Alex. so it is a bit confusing to me.
james

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2006

its been awhile seen ive seen this name or even heard it. then one day at bills buying some shoes, while looking at the wall at the stickers and pictures, i see travis d and get sad as i do whenever i see or hear about him but then look over and see another name the i didnt want to ever see like that "never forget chris carr" and it put me in shock. then having to read what happened on the internet was the worst thing that has happened to me in awhile.
well i will never forget him and all the good times that we had and i will see him again one day.
you are loved and mist
Ryan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2006

Wasn't aware of this forum. My respect to those of you who have supported anyone who's known Chris Carr. Your words are not unheard.
aMom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Katt wrote:
<quoted text>
What other side??? So I suppose over 50 people were just imagining what they saw? Please stop trying to defend this kid who killed chris - he made a stupid decision NOT TO LEAVE A PARTY HE WASNOT INVITED TO. The truth will come out incourt. Guilty. Never forget Chris Carr
Saddened by this senseless death.
of the 50 people that were witnessed this how many were sober?????
does anyone really know what happened?? Im sure everyone involved will have thier say in court and that is where it should stay.
not on here, vent if u must but do it to an attorney

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morgan Hill Discussions

Search the Morgan Hill Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 min liberalism in your face 200,366
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Beyond 'La Bamba' (Sep '06) Jul 27 Paul Hennessey 5
Santa Cruz, Watsonville police recruits offer g... Jul 12 John Colby 3
•••
•••

Morgan Hill News Video

•••
Morgan Hill Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morgan Hill Jobs

•••