Moreno Valley: Skechers' warehouse ha...

Moreno Valley: Skechers' warehouse has caused net job loss

There are 30 comments on the The Press-Enterprise story from Feb 1, 2012, titled Moreno Valley: Skechers' warehouse has caused net job loss. In it, The Press-Enterprise reports that:

Skechers' massive distribution center in Moreno Valley was supposed to provide a refreshing boost to the job market in a city that badly needed one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press-Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 2, 2012
LOL...i have to laugh, some one finally got it right at the PE!!!
Dosha

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Feb 2, 2012
commonsense951 wrote:
LOL...i have to laugh, some one finally got it right at the PE!!!
And it wasn't Laurie Lucas, lol
Henry

Hemet, CA

#3 Feb 2, 2012
Over the past years I have purchased several pairs of Skechers shoes because I liked their style of shoe. I was looking forward to visiting the new Skechers distribution center warehouse off the 60 freeway.
So I eventually stopped into their store. I thought that I would find a variety of styles to choose from. Unfortunately, within a few minutes, I realized that they did not have a lot of tennis shoes or casual sport shoes to choose from for men.
But they had a fair selection of men’s work shoes and they had a large selection of women and little girls shoes.
However, they do have a room with running shoes that have nice styles. So I purchased two pair.
After wearing them for a few weeks, I discovered that the quality wasn’t the greatest.
I probably won’t return to their distribution warehouse.
Of course all of their shoes are made in China.

Since: Oct 09

SoCal

#4 Feb 4, 2012
I'm pleased and surprised that the 'red herring' of Skechers' mythical NEW job creation has been exposed for the lie it is. Multiple lies from multiple sources.

Oddly enough 'truth' came from Skechers' Chief Operating Officer,David Weinberg in November 2007 - "Robots will move merchandise around the factory" per LA Bus Journal, Nov 12, 2007.

Remind MoVal officials of these lies at every opportunity lest they think they can keep spoon feeding us more of their falsehoods as they promote their own agendas.

Since: Oct 09

SoCal

#5 Feb 9, 2012
Ahhh... no one is interested, no one cares.
outofworkbecause

Temecula, CA

#6 Feb 10, 2012
Not to mention they use a temp agency for most of their workers that hire mostly illegals mostly which get no raises or vacations nothing but minimum wage.
Jobs4CitzensNOTI llegals

Hemet, CA

#7 Feb 12, 2012
outofworkbecause wrote:
Not to mention they use a temp agency for most of their workers that hire mostly illegals mostly which get no raises or vacations nothing but minimum wage.
If what you wrote about the Skechers warehouse hiring illegals via a temp agency is true, it is an OUTRAGE. If it's true, it'd be great if someone could get unemployed U.S. citizens from Riverside County together to picket the warehouse every day until they stop stabbing out-of-work Americans in the back!

“Citizens first.”

Since: Oct 08

Moreno Valley

#9 Feb 12, 2012
Voto Latino wrote:
Yup ! They do hire Illegals and know of two that are working at Skechers, and the funny thing about it is that Homeland Security has an office on site.
Eat your hart out Mvgordie..... So much for InfraGard. Too funny LOL !!!!!
First off you must mean U.S. Customs only a part of Immigration and Customs enforcement (I.C.E.), Customs is responsible for collecting and safeguarding customs duties and for controlling the flow of goods in and out of the United States. However they have teamed up in 2003 to work as a joint unit of the broad area of Homeland Security, which encompasses several aspects of federal government, and is even part of the United States Military.

Having worked with customs in the past I can tell you they are less concerned with who is employed by a company than what is being hidden from the government’s sources of income.

Just look at Moreno Valley, we had an election where the husband of a known drug dealer who was deported from the United States in 1997, ran for and was elected to office.

She is now in jail facing yet again her second deportation, and to think this happened not only under the nose of homeland security, but her ability to be in this country and hide from immigration was facilitated by her elected husband Mike Rios, so the idea that “two” illegal immigrants are employed at Skechers is of no surprise to me, Skechers has had illegals on their payroll for years.

What is shocking however is how an elected official gets away with harboring a drug dealing aggravated felon for 15 years, and still has the audacity to think he should be elected to a position on a city council, now that's funny (LOL).

“Citizens first.”

Moreno Valley

#10 Feb 12, 2012
Voto Latino wrote:
Yup ! They do hire Illegals and know of two that are working at Skechers, and the funny thing about it is that Homeland Security has an office on site.
Furthermore you still seem to use a capital “M” at the beginning of mvgordie, as it is a screen name; it is to be written as it appears without such caps. Also the word “hart” is misspelled, it should have read heart.

As for InfraGard, I would seriously doubt Skechers is a member of the association, unless they feel in some way they can share information regarding the prevention of hostile acts against the United States.

Maybe you should educate yourself before you poop on the internet.

“Citizens first.”

Moreno Valley

#14 Feb 13, 2012
First off mvgordie didn’t confront anyone, second if anyone lied it was that so called Harvard student Michelle, and her mother (if they lied way back then).

mvgordie never made any allegations, hell he never even knew Mr. Rios in 1999.

BTW, isn’t this the same Mike Rios who went begging on his hands and knees for assistance from mvgordie for help with his soon to be deported wife Dora Landaverde-Torres (A KNOWN DRUG DEALER)?

Anyone who would FORCE his own daughter into such a situation is an unfit parent; especially given all his public outcries of keeping his family out of his politics (I guess that no longer holds true).

Mr. Rios made a public spectacle out of himself and two of his children for what he feels are political gain. You also left out the sixth time HE approached mvgordie, which would be at the checkout where he was more concerned about how mvgordie was ruining his political career, by feeding into the hands of Iddo Benzeevi.

mvgordie who reported on court records regarding a local official as well as the first to report on the issue of his wife’s arrests, and pending deportation stand by his claims. If YOU feel that is incorrect, take me to court.

Beyond that, you can post all the B.S. you like I have no more to say on this issues, nor does it change legal FACTS.

http://mvgordie.com/mike-rios-court-documents...
Just saying

Sun City, CA

#16 Feb 13, 2012
The subject matter was about Sketchers. How about sticking to it. If you want to express your views about another subject, it would be best if you started a new discussion and title it as such.
So others can find it. Your subject matter sounds interesting.
hold the presses

Moreno Valley, CA

#18 Feb 13, 2012
Voto Latino wrote:
WOW, that is great. So if we are to believe you, two illegals got hired on, as well as the engineer that our great mayor knew, that brings the number to three. Should we we overwelmned by such big numbers. Lets face it the good citizens were hood winked.
slick

Moreno Valley, CA

#20 Feb 13, 2012
Voto Latino wrote:
Well I know one illegal immigrant who did not get a job at skechers, the wife of MVUSD Board member Mike Rios.

Reported at mvgordie.com , and the Press Enterprise.

Moreno Valley, CA

#21 Feb 13, 2012
Voto Latino wrote:
They have a "Homeland Security Office" there? Yeah, what have you been smoking!
slick

Moreno Valley, CA

#22 Feb 13, 2012
Voto Latino wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the two illegals are from Perris, California. The Engineer is a Moreno Valley resident. So, 70-year old Mayor was correct.
And you got that information how, from Skaechers, or Highland Fairview?
Sal

Moreno Valley, CA

#23 Feb 13, 2012
Voto Latino wrote:
The truth is Michelle confronted you and straight to your face and your wife told you nothing happened, and to stop spreading lies. Do you recall ?
It's about time someone put Mr. Tucker in his place.! Furthermore, as Ms. Michelle Rios was walking out of Walmart she received a standing ovation by numerous customers who were present at Walmart.
The truth sooner or later will blossom.
For Voto Latino to know so much personal information about this incident, "Voto Latino" must be no one other than Mike Rios, habitual liar himself. So they gave your daughter a standing ovation? Really? The standing part is probably true because I don't know customers who are sitting at a Walmart. But an ovation? I'm sure that was just part of your over active imagination.

And let's talk about this "Harvard" student of yours. Two things on that. Why are you putting your kids out in the public like that? It's no one business where she's going to college at and yet you are doing exactly what you blame others for doing.

Second, so she was accepted to Harvard University? Don't you mean, Harvard-Westlake Prep School in Los Angeles. I doubt that any offspring of yours could really make the grade at thee Harvard. But Mike, if it makes you feel more important, go ahead and spread just one more of your lies.

The people of Moreno Valley are smarter than you think. We're in on your lying, cheating ways. Now why don't you do the noble thing and move your family and your wife back to El Salvador where you all belong!
Leroy

Sun City, CA

#24 Feb 13, 2012
Can't we all just get along.
Sal

Moreno Valley, CA

#25 Feb 13, 2012
I understand your sentiment however this is a place where freedom of expression is not only encouraged, it is the reason this site exist. How boring life would be if we didn't open a dialog about honesty because it's more important to be nice to each other.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#26 Feb 13, 2012
VigilantOne wrote:
I'm pleased and surprised that the 'red herring' of Skechers' mythical NEW job creation has been exposed for the lie it is. Multiple lies from multiple sources.
Oddly enough 'truth' came from Skechers' Chief Operating Officer,David Weinberg in November 2007 - "Robots will move merchandise around the factory" per LA Bus Journal, Nov 12, 2007.
Remind MoVal officials of these lies at every opportunity lest they think they can keep spoon feeding us more of their falsehoods as they promote their own agendas.
so true, now its the mega warehousing with high pay(lol)...and many more jobs(lol)
No Voto Latino

Moreno Valley, CA

#27 Feb 13, 2012
Voto Latino wrote:
Mvgordie confronts Mike Rios and his daughter ( a Harvard Student )@ Walmart, on Sunday on isle 4, at 3:00 p.m., while the Walmart cameras were rolling., and Mike Rio's daughter set the records straight about the ALLEGED molestation. This Harvard Student asked Mr. Tucker right in his face to stop spread lies about the issue.
Good for her !..... and Mike Rios asked Mr. Tuckers to stop the lies and Gordon refused and said " one tells me what to put on my web site."
Well Voto Latino, its obvious there is no college education in your background, let alone any writing skills to boot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moreno Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Golden Corral is located at 1834 N. Perris Blvd... (Mar '12) 14 hr Jacquie 13
News Pagans Out Of The 'Broom Closet' In Southwest R... (Jan '10) Wed Kathwynn 241
News Multicultural Empire'Black Lives Matter': Rally... Sep 2 Larry A Singleton 2
How do you help your community? Sep 2 inabubble 2
What are good ways to improve Moreno Valley? Aug 31 Bizserk 1
Moreno Valley, California Weather Forecast (Jul '13) Aug 30 Weather Forecast 74
Thunderstorm Warning at issue for national weat... Aug 30 Thunderstorms 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moreno Valley Mortgages