RIVERSIDE: Two dead, two hurt in bus stop crash

There are 12 comments on the Dec 28, 2012, The Press-Enterprise story titled RIVERSIDE: Two dead, two hurt in bus stop crash. In it, The Press-Enterprise reports that:

Riverside police accident investigators stand on Magnolia Avenue near Tyler Street where a motorist jumped the curb and struck four people at a bus stop, killing two and sending two more to the hospital with critical injuries on Friday, Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press-Enterprise.

Anonymous

Brea, CA

#1 Dec 28, 2012
Hope that idiot's phone call was worth two lives.

People who talk on the phone or text while driving should be shot on sight.
Tati Green

Riverside, CA

#2 Dec 28, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Hope that idiot's phone call was worth two lives.
People who talk on the phone or text while driving should be shot on sight.
Wow, really? We're just going to jump to conclusions?
Just SO YOU KNOW, police looked at EVERYTHING, he wasn't on the phone, he wasn't drunk, and there was no premeditation, this was purely an accident.
Yeah, it sucks, considering I'm friends with someone that tried to save the life of the child that DIED, but maybe get your facts straight before you ASSUME that it was because of a phone call. All assumptions do is make an ass out of "u" and "me."
Unknown

Hacienda Heights, CA

#3 Dec 28, 2012
I saw it today it was horrible as for the driver feel so bad a life long of guilt will live on forever knowing they
Accidentally killed people. Hopefully they didn't even see it coming how awful. My heart is so saddened.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#4 Dec 29, 2012
Tati Green wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, really? We're just going to jump to conclusions?
Just SO YOU KNOW, police looked at EVERYTHING, he wasn't on the phone, he wasn't drunk, and there was no premeditation, this was purely an accident.
Yeah, it sucks, considering I'm friends with someone that tried to save the life of the child that DIED, but maybe get your facts straight before you ASSUME that it was because of a phone call. All assumptions do is make an ass out of "u" and "me."
I didn't assume, you moron. A witness reported him being on the phone.

Nobody loses control of a car this badly for NO reason. Are you really this stupid?!

He was either distracted or driving like a wreckless ass. Either way, he has NO BUSINESS being behind the wheel of a car.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Unknown wrote:
I saw it today it was horrible as for the driver feel so bad a life long of guilt will live on forever knowing they
Accidentally killed people. Hopefully they didn't even see it coming how awful. My heart is so saddened.
Not sure if they saw it coming or not, but they did not die on impact. Their legs were moving under the car when it came to a stop.

I don't walk places often, but when I do, I stand back from the curb and watch traffic as I'm waiting for a light or walking along the sidewalk. You hear about these types of things too often, especially now with jackasses talking on the phone or texting.

A family member once saw a little girl standing too close to the curb as she waited for the light to change at an intersection. A semi truck driver took the turn too short, going over the corner with the trailer, running over the little girl.

Sad, but a lot of parents don't teach their kids better. Just as that airheaded woman, Judy Nieman, who wants the government to require all car makers to install rearview cameras because she was stupid enough to back up over her own daughter.

Your children's safety is YOUR responsibility. No one is going to look out for them better than you (should).

Heck, just look at the fool who responded to my note above. She saw it as just an unfortunate "accident". Virtually all accidents are avoidable. This one was due to speed or distracted driving, maybe both. Only a complete idiot would see this incident as unavoidable.

Hope those two people are in a better place.
A FAMILY MEMBER

Hawthorne, CA

#6 Dec 30, 2012
PEOPLE REALLY DONT KNOW UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO THEIR FAMILY. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT GOD WILL BE THE ONLY ONE TO REALLY JUDGE THIS PERSON THAT WAS BEHIND THE WHEEL OF THE CAR. MY BABY COUSIN WAS ONLY JUST 7 YEARS OLD SHE WAS JUST A BABY, A BABY AND SHE DID NOT DESERVE THIS. THIS MAN CROSS THREE LANES JUST TO GET TO WHERE THEY WERE. IF NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THIS MAN HOW COULD HE NOT LOOK UP AND SEE HE WAS ABOUT TO HIT PEOPLE? IF YOU RUN OVER A BUMP IN A CAR YOU LOOK UP AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED SO WHY COULD HE NOT DO THAT. MY COUSIN HAS LOST HER LEG BECAUSE OF THIS MAN. ALL IM SAYING IS PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP AND PRAY FOR THE UNDERSTANDING OF GODS WORD. WE ARE LOSING TIME HERE AND GOD WANTS US TO WAKE UP AND COME TO HIM.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#7 Dec 31, 2012
A FAMILY MEMBER wrote:
PEOPLE REALLY DONT KNOW UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO THEIR FAMILY. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT GOD WILL BE THE ONLY ONE TO REALLY JUDGE THIS PERSON THAT WAS BEHIND THE WHEEL OF THE CAR. MY BABY COUSIN WAS ONLY JUST 7 YEARS OLD SHE WAS JUST A BABY, A BABY AND SHE DID NOT DESERVE THIS. THIS MAN CROSS THREE LANES JUST TO GET TO WHERE THEY WERE. IF NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THIS MAN HOW COULD HE NOT LOOK UP AND SEE HE WAS ABOUT TO HIT PEOPLE? IF YOU RUN OVER A BUMP IN A CAR YOU LOOK UP AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED SO WHY COULD HE NOT DO THAT. MY COUSIN HAS LOST HER LEG BECAUSE OF THIS MAN. ALL IM SAYING IS PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP AND PRAY FOR THE UNDERSTANDING OF GODS WORD. WE ARE LOSING TIME HERE AND GOD WANTS US TO WAKE UP AND COME TO HIM.
It's only going to get worse.

People who get caught talking on their cells or texting while driving need to be hauled off in cuffs, the same way drunk drivers are. The statistics show they are just as dangerous as drunk drivers, but the morons keep doing it. And our court systems treat them as if it's a minor offense. It's deadly.

Sorry to hear about the leg, but it's a lot better than the two who lost their lives. Wish her the best for a speedy recovery, both physically and mentally.
Cromaxgal

Riverside, CA

#8 Jan 1, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't assume, you moron. A witness reported him being on the phone.
Nobody loses control of a car this badly for NO reason. Are you really this stupid?!
He was either distracted or driving like a wreckless ass. Either way, he has NO BUSINESS being behind the wheel of a car.
Could you supply us with the link where it the witness stated he was on the phone, as the police say 'none of that was involved'.
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#9 Jan 1, 2013
Cromaxgal wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you supply us with the link where it the witness stated he was on the phone, as the police say 'none of that was involved'.
Saw & heard it on the news.

Even if it didn't happen, there are only two possible causes: distracted driving or wreckless driving. The dumbshit who was driving has NO BUSINESS being on the road.
GDFD

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jan 4, 2013
So sorry for your families loss. We just got word at work as to what happend. I work with dad/grandpa. Keeping your family in my prayers.
A FAMILY MEMBER wrote:
for the record

Riverside, CA

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Cromaxgal wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no link However one news reporter did speak with a gentleman who witnessed the accident and he said he saw the car "speeding across three lanes and the driver was talking on his cell phone" I saw and heard it and am wondering why this has seemed to have gotten lost in all the subsequent reports . I live very near to the scene and there is no way this could have just been an accident . The distance from the light at Tyler and the location of the bus stop would indicate that the car if it crossed three lanes would have had to beeline straight to th bus stop
Anonymous

South El Monte, CA

#12 Jan 10, 2013
for the record wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no link However one news reporter did speak with a gentleman who witnessed the accident and he said he saw the car "speeding across three lanes and the driver was talking on his cell phone" I saw and heard it and am wondering why this has seemed to have gotten lost in all the subsequent reports . I live very near to the scene and there is no way this could have just been an accident . The distance from the light at Tyler and the location of the bus stop would indicate that the car if it crossed three lanes would have had to beeline straight to th bus stop
Idiots such as Cromaxgirl can't recognize the obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moreno Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Child's dream park has become a nightmare (Feb '09) 14 hr tom wingo 216
Review: OHL Jurupa Valley 15 hr Anonymous 1
Review: OHL Riverside 15 hr Anonymous 1
Review: OHL 15 hr Anonymous 1
Redlands - SNOBBISHNESS Sat Guest 7
Riverside Police And DA Please Read This Sat Charlie Sheenn 4
Moreno Valley, California Weather Forecast (Jul '13) Apr 23 Weather Forecast 53
More from around the web

Moreno Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE