Moreno Valley July 15th DUI-Drivers L...

Moreno Valley July 15th DUI-Drivers License Checkpoint Results

There are 98 comments on the story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Moreno Valley July 15th DUI-Drivers License Checkpoint Results. In it, reports that:

A total of 5,980 vehicles passed through the checkpoints. 72 drivers were issued citations and 40 vehicles were towed or impounded. The majority of the towed vehicles were for suspended or unlicensed drivers. Twelve field sobriety tests were conducted resulting in five DUI arrests. In addition, one felony arrest for possession of illegal narcotics was also made.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
The Law Is The Law

Moreno Valley, CA

#1 Jul 16, 2010
Good Job Moreno Valley P.D.
Guest

Moreno Valley, CA

#2 Jul 16, 2010
Moreno valley Police Dept. keep up the good work, this program is well worth it.
Emi

Moreno Valley, CA

#5 Jul 16, 2010
Checkpoints are far more likely to seize cars from unlicensed motorists than catch drunken drivers! How sad!!!! police officers received overtime pay for the DUI crackdowns (I saw them drinking coffee and "having fun" at the park, right next to the checkpoint).
Checkpoints frequently screen traffic near Hispanic neighborhoods (as our city).
•Departments frequently overstaff checkpoints with officers, all earning overtime. The Moreno Valley Police Department in Riverside County averaged 38 officers at each operation last year, six times more than federal guidelines say is required. Nearly 50 other local police and sheriff’s departments averaged 20 or more officers per checkpoint – operations that averaged three DUI arrests a night.
Jose

Moreno Valley, CA

#6 Jul 16, 2010
40 Drivers who lost their cars at these checkpoints for sure were illegal immigrants. They were not drunk. MVPD is making money with them!!!!!!!!!!
Guest

Moreno Valley, CA

#7 Jul 16, 2010
Jose wrote:
40 Drivers who lost their cars at these checkpoints for sure were illegal immigrants. They were not drunk. MVPD is making money with them!!!!!!!!!!
Why not. It's about time those wetbacks were worth something around these parts! Now if the police would just hold them for ICE, so they can be sent back home to meheeeeeeecoooooo. First we should water board em to find out where the rest of their illegal asses are. Nothing wrong with a little bean dip.
Guest

Moreno Valley, CA

#8 Jul 16, 2010
Emi wrote:
Checkpoints are far more likely to seize cars from unlicensed motorists than catch drunken drivers! How sad!!!! police officers received overtime pay for the DUI crackdowns (I saw them drinking coffee and "having fun" at the park, right next to the checkpoint).
Checkpoints frequently screen traffic near Hispanic neighborhoods (as our city).
•Departments frequently overstaff checkpoints with officers, all earning overtime. The Moreno Valley Police Department in Riverside County averaged 38 officers at each operation last year, six times more than federal guidelines say is required. Nearly 50 other local police and sheriff’s departments averaged 20 or more officers per checkpoint – operations that averaged three DUI arrests a night.
Nothing but warehouses? Where do you get this beaner crap?

Murder Valley is almost all wet, you could have a check point on the highway, and you wets would still complain. GO HOME!
Guest

Moreno Valley, CA

#9 Jul 16, 2010
The Law Is The Law wrote:
Good Job Moreno Valley P.D.
Hispanic police officers, busting hispanics. Sound ok by me.
Guest

Moreno Valley, CA

#10 Jul 16, 2010
Guest wrote:
Moreno valley Police Dept. keep up the good work, this program is well worth it.
That is right, doesn't cost us a dime, makes money for the city and puts shoes on a cops kids feet.
Billy Bob

Moreno Valley, CA

#11 Jul 16, 2010
Ever see those tow truck drivers, they are all mexican. Half the police force is mexican, the drivers that get caught are all mexican, those driving drunk, all mexican.

Jose can you see by the lawns early light, all the cerveza you drank that got you caught late last night. No license at all your truck you got hauled, so now all your hombres they cry and they ball (that was the mexican version of our national anthem wasn't it?)

Well at least you all keep it within the mexican community.
NEO 2010 Final Solution

United States

#12 Jul 16, 2010
Under the guise of a sobriety checkpoint.
As a white middle-aged male when I approach one of these "immigration stops", I simply put my hand out with my CA DL and the officer just simply glances at it a hushes me by without any other questions or so called "trained eye" contact relevant to a sobriety check! I ask myself frequently, "who could likely be inebriated at 5pm on a Thursday on their way home from work?
Last night one was held on Iris St,the other Cactus!
Folks our rights are being taken from us little by little.
They say it's a DUI checkpoint. Yes get the drunk drivers off the street. But would it not be more effective at midnight on a Saturday night?
Yes they do catch one or two or even three drunk drivers and a few felons (the numbers of dui drivers they claimed were caught are lies, why not publish the names and addresses like other cities do? they simply don't exists!), but that is what they should be doing during routine patrols. Strange how late at night not a patrol car to be found for miles and miles, maybe a little double dipping is going on here? Are we using these statistics for overall job performance by OUR department. Strange how late night on a weekend calls requesting police assistance are diverted to Riverside sheriff and can take hours for police service! And these federal grants (police welfare) are never questioned during these so called bad economic times when all the coffers are broke?
United States Bill of Rights
Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized
This may be painful to U

United States

#13 Jul 16, 2010
Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights!!
When the Supreme Court decides cases dealing with First Amendment rights, it typically draws guidance from the 14th Amendment's principal of "equal protection under the law." In essence, the "equal protection" clause extends First Amendment protection to anyone and everyone covered by the 5th and 14th Amendments. Through its consistent rulings that the 5th and 14th Amendments apply equally to illegal aliens, they also enjoy First Amendment rights.
In rejecting the argument that the "equal" protections of the 14th Amendment are limited to U.S. citizens, the Supreme Court has referred to language used by the Congressional Committee that drafted the amendment:
"The last two clauses of the first section of the amendment disable a State from depriving not merely a citizen of the United States, but any person, whoever he may be, of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, or from denying to him the equal protection of the laws of the State. This abolishes all class legislation in the States and does away with the injustice of subjecting one caste of persons to a code not applicable to another.... It [the 14th Amendment] will, if adopted by the States, forever disable every one of them from passing laws trenching upon those fundamental rights and privileges which pertain to citizens of the United States, and to all persons who may happen to be within their jurisdiction."
While illegal aliens do not enjoy all of the rights granted to citizens by the Constitution, specifically the rights to vote or possess firearms, these rights can also be denied to U.S. citizens convicted of felonies. In final analysis, the courts have ruled that, while they are within the borders of the United States, illegal aliens are granted the same fundamental, undeniable constitutional rights granted to all Americans.
PLEASE KEEP THIS POSTED

United States

#14 Jul 16, 2010
In final analysis, the courts have ruled that, while they are within the borders of the United States, illegal aliens are granted the same fundamental, undeniable constitutional rights granted to all Americans.
PLEASE KEEP THIS POSTED

United States

#15 Jul 16, 2010
That is why we are such a great nation. Don't fall into petty REPUBLICAN rhetoric.

Since: Oct 09

SoCal

#16 Jul 16, 2010
I 'participated' last nite around 10:45PM - east bound on Cactus near east side of March ARB. It went quick but sorta freaked me out.
Welcome to the BROWN land

United States

#17 Jul 16, 2010
Billy Bob wrote:
Ever see those tow truck drivers, they are all mexican. Half the police force is mexican, the drivers that get caught are all mexican, those driving drunk, all mexican.
Jose can you see by the lawns early light, all the cerveza you drank that got you caught late last night. No license at all your truck you got hauled, so now all your hombres they cry and they ball (that was the mexican version of our national anthem wasn't it?)
Well at least you all keep it within the mexican community.
The MEXICAN COMMUNITY in the Good 'o U.S.of A. encompasses all of Tejas, Colorado, Nevada, California, Arizona, Nuevo Mejico, and now apparently in Utah, the Carolinas, Fl, MS, MI...Well golly da da, all of the USA is the MEXICAN COMMUNITY!!!! GET USED TO IT and stop whining.
Biily Bob

Moreno Valley, CA

#18 Jul 16, 2010
NEO 2010 Final Solution wrote:
Under the guise of a sobriety checkpoint.
As a white middle-aged male when I approach one of these "immigration stops", I simply put my hand out with my CA DL and the officer just simply glances at it a hushes me by without any other questions or so called "trained eye" contact relevant to a sobriety check! I ask myself frequently, "who could likely be inebriated at 5pm on a Thursday on their way home from work?
Last night one was held on Iris St,the other Cactus!
Folks our rights are being taken from us little by little.
They say it's a DUI checkpoint. Yes get the drunk drivers off the street. But would it not be more effective at midnight on a Saturday night?
Yes they do catch one or two or even three drunk drivers and a few felons (the numbers of dui drivers they claimed were caught are lies, why not publish the names and addresses like other cities do? they simply don't exists!), but that is what they should be doing during routine patrols. Strange how late at night not a patrol car to be found for miles and miles, maybe a little double dipping is going on here? Are we using these statistics for overall job performance by OUR department. Strange how late night on a weekend calls requesting police assistance are diverted to Riverside sheriff and can take hours for police service! And these federal grants (police welfare) are never questioned during these so called bad economic times when all the coffers are broke?
United States Bill of Rights
Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized
Not watching the news? They have been airing videos of Edison line workers drinking all day on the job. Stop by a 7-11 early in the morning and see who is buying the brew for the day job.

Alcoholics don't drink on a schedule.
Biily Bob

Moreno Valley, CA

#19 Jul 16, 2010
This may be painful to U wrote:
Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights!!
When the Supreme Court decides cases dealing with First Amendment rights, it typically draws guidance from the 14th Amendment's principal of "equal protection under the law." In essence, the "equal protection" clause extends First Amendment protection to anyone and everyone covered by the 5th and 14th Amendments. Through its consistent rulings that the 5th and 14th Amendments apply equally to illegal aliens, they also enjoy First Amendment rights.
In rejecting the argument that the "equal" protections of the 14th Amendment are limited to U.S. citizens, the Supreme Court has referred to language used by the Congressional Committee that drafted the amendment:
"The last two clauses of the first section of the amendment disable a State from depriving not merely a citizen of the United States, but any person, whoever he may be, of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, or from denying to him the equal protection of the laws of the State. This abolishes all class legislation in the States and does away with the injustice of subjecting one caste of persons to a code not applicable to another.... It [the 14th Amendment] will, if adopted by the States, forever disable every one of them from passing laws trenching upon those fundamental rights and privileges which pertain to citizens of the United States, and to all persons who may happen to be within their jurisdiction."
While illegal aliens do not enjoy all of the rights granted to citizens by the Constitution, specifically the rights to vote or possess firearms, these rights can also be denied to U.S. citizens convicted of felonies. In final analysis, the courts have ruled that, while they are within the borders of the United States, illegal aliens are granted the same fundamental, undeniable constitutional rights granted to all Americans.
Does that include the right to break the law?
Billy Bob

Moreno Valley, CA

#20 Jul 16, 2010
PLEASE KEEP THIS POSTED wrote:
In final analysis, the courts have ruled that, while they are within the borders of the United States, illegal aliens are granted the same fundamental, undeniable constitutional rights granted to all Americans.
Again does that give them the right to break the law?

Why is it that if caught in the U.S. illegally, they are arrested and held for a immigration hearing. We have the right to be free within our borders, but they don't.

What they have is basic constitutional rights. Not even American citizens have absolute rights, ask a parolee.
Billy Bob

Moreno Valley, CA

#21 Jul 16, 2010
PLEASE KEEP THIS POSTED wrote:
That is why we are such a great nation. Don't fall into petty REPUBLICAN rhetoric.
And what fall for the Obama B.S. that is set to destroy this nation?
Billy Bob

Moreno Valley, CA

#22 Jul 16, 2010
Welcome to the BROWN land wrote:
<quoted text>
The MEXICAN COMMUNITY in the Good 'o U.S.of A. encompasses all of Tejas, Colorado, Nevada, California, Arizona, Nuevo Mejico, and now apparently in Utah, the Carolinas, Fl, MS, MI...Well golly da da, all of the USA is the MEXICAN COMMUNITY!!!! GET USED TO IT and stop whining.
Who is whining, I thought this was about DUI check points. Heck all the mexicans are whining about them not us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moreno Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get it Right Tue Really 2
Review: New Exceptational CSRA Adult Program Ce... Oct 15 EXCEPTATIONAL CSR... 32
who is the biggest gang in riverside? (Jan '12) Oct 15 EricWS 60
14618 Blackbush Road. Moreno Valley, California... Oct 14 SYNERGY ONE REAL ... 10
7819 Cypress Ave. Riverside, CA 92503 Oct 12 RIVERSIDE CSRA AD... 33
Review: Riverside Job/Employment Center Oct 12 RIVERSIDE CA EMPL... 20
3850 Vine St. Riverside, CA 92507 Oct 12 RIVERSIDE CA JOB 24

Moreno Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moreno Valley Mortgages