The Myths They Spread; A Look Into Iddo Benzeevi and Michael Geller
There are 13 comments on the story from Jan 10, 2009, titled The Myths They Spread; A Look Into Iddo Benzeevi and Michael Geller. In it, reports that:
It is also clear that you do not know what the business park designation means. The only limit on business park is a maximum single building size of 50,000 feet. That means that you could build a campus of 30 truck warehouses without seeking a zone change in this area.(Michael S. Geller January 5th 2009).
It is absolutely amazing how much faulty information is floating around out there.(Michael S. Geller January 5th 2009).
Join the discussion below, or Read more at .
Since: Oct 08
#1 Jan 10, 2009
"It is also clear that you do not know what the business park designation means. The only limit on business park is a maximum single building size of 50,000 feet. That means that you could build a campus of 30 truck warehouses without seeking a zone change in this area." (Michael S. Geller Jan. 5th 2009)
"It is absolutely amazing how much faulty information is floating around out there." (Michael S. Geller Jan. 5th 2009)
Lets see, 36 separate business vs. one single rental tenant.
Thirty six separate businesses would employ a much large work force than one single fully automated and robotic warehouse.
There is no zoning requirement that in the absence of one 1.8 million sq ft warehouse, that 36 50,000 warehouses would have to be built in its place.
That my friends is Benzeevi Geller SPIN.
This area in zoned for light industrial, not just that of WAREHOUSES. Things such as manufacturing plants and other forms of industrial use.
The area which is zoned for things such as department stores, educational facilities, medical offices etc. will be reduced, along with the jobs that these forms of businesses produce along with the educational opportunities needed to enter into a much better paying job market than that of warehouses.
The proposed tenant Skechers U.S.A., INC. will need to employ and additional 2500 employees as a result of moving into this 1.8 million square foot warehouse.
At the present time Skechers U.S.A., INC. employs nation wide approximately 2514 employees, that includes outlet stores, warehousing, web service staff, and executive and managerial staffs.
Skechers U.S.A., INC. has five warehouses in the city of Ontario, CA. which at any given time only employ 120 employees, that would be the equivalent of 24 employees per warehouse.
These warehouses are not fully automated and require a much larger work force along with having to operate 5 distinctly different locations adds to that high employment need.
Once settled into there new rental this would change those needs dramatically.
They will no longer have the need to staff five separate facilities as they do now, the new digs will be fully automated and robotic again reducing their present staffing needs.
Given that information, Mr. Geller and Iddo Benzeevi would like us all to believe that, in some way such a move would cause Skecher U.S.A, INC. to require an increase to their employment needs DOUBLE their present requirements.
This scenario just doesn't make good business sense in today's troubled times.
Now if you were lucky or unlucky which ever way you chose to look at it, you may have received a nice flier for a change from Iddo Benzeevi on the proposed Skechers warehouse (Iddo gave me mine personally).
One would need to question what does a runway model in fancy attire, and high heels, or what looks like a quality control employee checking the specs on a machined metal part have to do with Skechers?
One quick look and their product lines show no such clothing, shoes or even that they manufacture machined parts, in fact all their manufacturing is outsourced overseas costing Americans much needed JOBS, they just wish to come here to MoVal to store the merchandise, and not let Americans share in the fruits of their labor.
Again I also find the back of the flier quite interesting as well. What is this woman doing running through what looks like a green grassy field, head titled back with arms stretched wide as she seems to be taking in the smell of fresh unpolluted air?
NOW I ASK YOU ALL, WHO IS PUTTING OUT THE MISINFORMATION, AND WHY IS MICHAEL GELLER SO CONCERNED OVER THIS PROJECT?
AS A MEMBER OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION HE IS BOUND BY LAW TO BE IMPARTIAL, AND PROTECT THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CITIZENS OF THE CITY HE SERVS, YET HE HAS YET TO DO EAITHER, HE DOES JUST THE OPPOSIT (WITH THE APPROVEL OF THE CITY COUNCIL AND STAFF).
#2 Jan 10, 2009
<<This scenario just doesn't make good business sense in today's troubled times.>>
But because we are in troubled times, how much sense would it make to turn down an opportunity to at least bring construction jobs to our area, even if it is just for a short time?
What value are those fields to Moreno Valley right now? It's not like there is a bidding war going on with companies clamoring for the right to develop there.
<<One quick look and their product lines show no such clothing, shoes or even that they manufacture machined parts, in fact all their manufacturing is outsourced overseas costing Americans much needed JOBS, they just wish to come here to MoVal to store the merchandise, and not let Americans share in the fruits of their labor.>>
Skechers is not the only company guilty of this. So Moreno Valley should become a martyr, of sorts, and turn this project down while Mr. Benzeevi and his company go out to Banning and build it there? Now Moreno Valley still gets the added traffic and pollution, with nothing to show for it. In fact, this short-sided thinking is what our "leaders" in the city have been guilty of for decades.
<<Again I also find the back of the flier quite interesting as well.>>
Flyers are advertising material. It was created with making everything look wonderful. It is unfair to criticize Iddo for making promotional material that makes his project look better than it might be. This would be like asking builders to show pictures of old beat up cars in the driveway or unkept yards in flyers announcing new housing developments.
I give Iddo credit; regardless of how true the outcome is, he does create things with a sense of style and class.
Since: Oct 08
#3 Jan 10, 2009
"Skechers is not the only company guilty of this. So Moreno Valley should become a martyr, of sorts, and turn this project down while Mr. Benzeevi and his company go out to Banning and build it there? Now Moreno Valley still gets the added traffic and pollution, with nothing to show for it. In fact, this short-sided thinking is what our "leaders" in the city have been guilty of for decades."
This flier was not the product of Skechers, but that of Iddo Benzeevi. It is he who is speaking the mistruths here, not Skechers, they have remained perfectly silent on the issue.
" give Iddo credit; regardless of how true the outcome is, he does create things with a sense of style and class."
Iddo Benzeevi has never developed anything, the things for which he does claim were developed by another company that he just partnered up with.
It is quite obvious you know nothing at all about Iddo Benzeevi, his first any only project will be Aqua Bella, and that has yet to be started even though he got the approval along with zone changes for that and other things as well back in early 2005.
It amazes me how many ignorant uninformed people live within this City. Maybe we do deserve low paying jobs like warehouses and Jack in the box for that seems to be the only type of employment we seem to be qualified for.
Check out the facts the post me back.
#4 Jan 10, 2009
1. Where did I write that Skechers produced that brochure? I did not! We received a copy via mail so I am quite familiar with the brochure you are speaking about. Please re-read what I posted.
2. Where did I write that Aqua Bella was a completed project? I did not! In fact, I know more about Aqua Bella than you give me credit for. If I shared with you what I knew, that would in part give a clue to my identity and I do not want to do that. My quote was that Iddo has NOT finished ANY projects in the city and this was a concern of mine. Please re-read my post from the page on Thursday night's meeting.
From what I know, Aqua Bella is NO longer in the works despite the fact he got the zoning change. Water was a big issue there. I have even heard the land is up for sale again.
3. As for the brochure, of course he didn't physically create the brochure. I never suggested that he did. But I bet you Iddo did give final approval on it before it was mailed out. Plus, my previous comment stands about it being a classy brochure regardless of how truthful it will end up being.
4. You keep repeating the fact that you are a "former investigator." Well, congratulations and good for you. I'll even let you be the person who "knows" Iddo Benzeevi the best, even though I doubt it.
So why do you think I am some neophyte when it comes to the politics of the city? You don't know who I am, nor do you know who I know, nor what I know about this city. Yet are you referring to me as being one of those "ignorant, uninformed people"? Besides, I'm not guilty of anything you just accused me of.
5. What facts do you want me to check out?
6. Why are you so angry with me? Why do you assume I disagree with your POV on this subject? I already wrote that I'm glad there are truthseekers out there like you.
I'm just saying I'm willing to give Iddo a chance. What do we really have to lose? Seriously, how is going forward with this project going to be so detrimental to Moreno Valley?
7. Maybe it's not right that you can "buy" a city as you are claiming Iddo has done with Moreno Valley. However, who else is doing anything to try to help Moreno Valley out of its doldrums? Besides with his track record of not finishing projects, have you ever thought that maybe you're worrying needlessly?
#5 Jan 10, 2009
Allow me to describe myself first and my interest in this subject, I arrived to this city in October 2004, my wife and I immediately fell in love with the area, which happens to be on the Moreno Valley Golf Course.
I attended this meeting with an honest clear mind and heart, here are my initial observations:
1) Dozens of people with “Jobs Now” T-shirts blocking the entrance so many people could not get in and the majority of them speaking Spanish, not one talking about the agenda (I am a native Spanish speaker, born and raised in Mexico until the age of 13)
2) When my wife, fellow worker and I entered the recreation center, 75% of those people did not have those “Jobs Now” T-shirts, made me wonder where they got them, so I asked one in English, he looked at the other persons on the table with a lost look, I asked in Spanish and no answer now just stares from the others, when I asked for the pamphlet he had in his hands, he gladly obliged, I asked him what he thought, his response “I don’t know, it is OK I guess”. As the time grew closer to the meeting, I looked around and we were surrounded with “Jobs Now” t-shirt wearing people.
3) The video presentation was a total joke! It was supposed to show traffic at “peak” times, I don’t see the traffic that light on the 60 even though I drive it between 5:00am and 5:15 am. It focused on the landscaping, but not on how much wear and tear the trucks would have on Redlands Boulevard. It said how the other two sites with empty buildings would have a “greater” impact, but it never showed that both areas covered March ARB, the memorial cemetery, train tracks and of course highway 215. Guess the flaw is that it is in the Riverside side of the line, can anyone answer why Target moved a couple of miles to its present location? Also, the parking lot for the proposed building, didn’t look like it could more than a couple of dozen cars, wonder why? This Iddo also never said how many jobs the plant alone would bring to Moreno Valley, generating jobs is not the same as providing, in case you are not aware of this.
#6 Jan 10, 2009
4) Once this fantasy was presented to the board, they showed how much they care for their community by asking tough questions to Mr. Iddo (hope you were able to detect the sarcasm) here were the ACTUAL QUESTIONS! I could not make them up!
Q: What were those bridge looking things on the road? Guess it is more important than asking what impact the trucks would have on Redlands Boulevard which is already in a sad state, how much highway 60 can take and who will make the repairs,.
Q: Are those trees going to be that big? Iddo said the presentation showed them fully matured, guess it is more important than asking what impact it will have on home prices, gotta protect them trees!
Q: There was one question about this Aqua thing which honestly, I don’t fully remember because by that time my head was ready to explode.
5) You HAD to write weather you were for or against the proposal and your name and address, which made wonder after several people who don’t live in Moreno Valley were given the chance to speak ahead of those who do live here, the answer? They are for the project!
6) A lady went up and spoke in Spanish, then Ms. Baca translated for her, mmmmmmmm, she needs to work on her translations, using Ms. Baca’s own words, I am appalled that a school board member could have such poor translating skills and that she hoped some of Moreno Valley kids could someday work at that plant, I thought she is supposed to push the kids to broaden their horizons and get degrees, guess if they stay here it is job security for her.
7) No one seemed to care when the fact was brought up that the numbers in the job column don’t add up! Skechers employ approximately 2500 employees US wide, how are they bringing that many to Moreno Valley? What are they going to do with the people who work in Ontario? Bring them here and with them their cars and more traffic.
8) And finally, how did all those people write such eloquent speeches about the presentation (even in Spanish) do so with such short time?
I see that I moved into California’s own Hazard county with Mr. Iddo playing Boss Hog, it is beyond me why the Mayor is still the mayor, maybe they should look into the ballot count. I am now looking for a new home in ANOTHER city.
#7 Jan 11, 2009
Salsa and Chips, I hope you stay in MoVal because every insightful person that our city loses helps these characters to continue to ignore honest government in our city. Having lived here over 20 years, because we too fell in love with the city, the tactics of special interests never seem to change nor that of the ignorant and Narcissistic politicos of our City as well.(FYI Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement, and lack of empathy for others.) It's obvious that Benzeeeeevi has much at stake with this development going forward and allowing a level playing field will not be part of his tactics to get this "fantasy development" passed.
We arrived at the meeting 6:45 p.m. Thursday evening and were told we couldn't get in and should go the conference center building too.(As an aside, the City if it wanted to and knowing pretty well that there we would be a large turnout could of held the Planning Commission meeting in the Conference Center to accommodate everyone as such venue changes have occurred in the past.) We saw the folks with the "Jobs Now" t-shirts and thought it odd. We watched the debacle on TV and a couple of my reactions were:(1) how sad that our city's residents, and in particular east enders, are having fight to simply keep THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE GOOD and as they were led to believe by our city would be more rural in nature than urban (Both the early City General Plan and the newly adopted General Plan emphasize this for our East End); and,(2) Some guy, involved in the MoVal scene for a long time and who has a lot of money from the Trump Brothers and others, made a bad business decision and now wants us to reward his poor judgment by approving an inappropriate project for him to meet his and only his needs.
Either we have a General Plan that is to be our guide for a high quality of life in this City or let's just shred it and anything goes. There are areas in our City zoned for and better suited for this project and that's where this white elephant (FYI a valuable possession whose upkeep is excessively expensive) should be approved for, the only glitch is Benzeeeevi doesn't own the property needed in said area.
Indeed, Queenie Victoria would like our high school grads, those who don't drop out or fail, to all get jobs through this development. Sad thing is, that with the negative health impacts that are sure to occur with the additional diesel truck pollutants; such as, more asthma cases, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD), such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema, resultant respiratory conditions and increased medical costs and death rates ~ http://www.greenfaith.org/justice/diesel-fact... ., these young grads may need SSI instead due accompanying health issues ~ some sarcasm here, but not much. It is pretty pathetic that a school board member doesn't believe in the ability of our children to graduate, go on to college, trade schools, or to just broaden their horizons by seeing the country or the world even.
#8 Jan 11, 2009
I find it very tedious that it always comes down to using; (a) our children,(b) jobs,(c) revenue, as selling points for taxes and terrible projects for our City (Some bad ideas from the past: Moreno Highlands, the tire burning plant on the east end, Crematorium to be built across from Canyon Springs H.S., I could go on but why).
I will not support the mantra that to get jobs we must sacrifice a good quality of life for crumbs, that is pure garbage. This City and the IE have been sold this nonsense for much too long,(and local politicians have been drinking the Kool-Aid and buying into this due to the special interest influence and too many of them being cheap dates); in our 21st Century it's time for this to stop.
No zone change for dirtier diesel polluted air, increased traffic, accompanying noise, and fictional jobs that are a false promise. If we want Moreno Valley to become a pristine City that should live up to its long overdue potential, the time is now, and this project needs to be denied passage. If the proponents wish to continue, then do it in the appropriate zoning area.
Since: Jan 09
#9 Jan 11, 2009
The following were sent via e-mail, any bets I either get a thank you for your concern standard BS response or nothing all?
First I would like to thank you for taking time from your very busy schedule to read my letter.
As a 5 year resident of Moreno Valley and potential neighbor of the proposed Skecher distribution center, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions which were not answered by your most eloquent presentation last Thursday:
1) Who is going to pay for the repair and upkeep which will be required on Redlands Boulevard?
2) What impact will this have on home prices?
3) Who will pay for the exit expansions which will required to accommodate the trucks?
4) Any figures on how this affect crime?
5) Is the current police/fire protection be enough?
6) Your pamphlet state the site will contribute a total of 45 million, that is for the entire 10 year lease correct? if so, how much will go to Moreno Valley after the Federal and State shares?
7) How many current employees from Ontario CA. will move to the Moreno Valley facility?
8) Your pamphlet states more than 2,500 jobs, are ALL going to be at the plant or are these expected to be generated by the plant?
Since: Oct 08
#10 Jan 12, 2009
Salsa and Chips,
If I may I can give you a look into the future, no I'm clairvoyant, just know the con and how he operates.
First: He will be gland to see that citizens such as yourself care so much about this city.
Second: He will hit on how you asked such good and intelligent questions (for he loves to stroke people with telling them how intelligent they are).
Third: He may even throw in there how he build nothing but high class construction, and may even invite you over to his office for your own personal preview.
Fourth: He will point toward Irvine and say they started out as a warehouse city, and how we to will be just like them.
Fifth: He will again point at Irvine and the home prices their.
Sixth: The upkeep for the roads will come from the tax revenue from the industrial park.
Seventh: As to crime it will go down because the lack of jobs is the root of all crime (Even though the Molina family were involved in drug importation, and the growing of marijuana, and the Baca Wilson clan were and are greatly involved in gang activity and violent crime. Both people and families Benzeevi now supports).
Eighth: As for job he will claim he doesn't speak for Skecher however the jobs will be better than working at Wal Mart, or Taco Bell. He will even claim that the companies execs will move from Rolling hills and Palos Verdes to Moreno Valley (as if).
Just a little note, if he in fact does write you back it will more than likely be a bunch of BS.
Please however if he does, copy and past it here for all to see.
Good luck on getting the truth, I've tried and can tell you this man knows nothing about the truth.
#11 Sep 14, 2010
#12 Sep 14, 2010
If I hear Iddo, Jesse or Richard with the BS "World Class City" statement again..........<puke>
#13 Oct 2, 2013
I am personally glad this circus is happening! We need to get off our hind ends and fight for truth! MV Gordie is my hero and states what most of us Moreno Valleyans feel! I hope to generate less apathy which has been the norm in this city for way to long and grab the BULL BY THE HORNS and kick it out of MoVal! NO MORE CARPET BAGGING CAR DEALERS!
Add your comments below
|RIVERSIDE: Police identify man found dead on 91||Feb 5||Sandra||1|
|The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force Arrests Curle... (Mar '06)||Jan 31||Hoppi||7|
|Opportunity Program is new located at 4120 Indi...||Jan 31||Opportunity Program||1|
|Studio Movie Grill is new located at 1970 N. Pe...||Jan 31||Studio Movie Gril...||1|
|Moreno Valley, California Weather Forecast (Jul '13)||Jan 29||Weather Forecast||91|
|Winter Storm Watch for Riverside County startin...||Jan 29||El Nino Storm Sun...||1|
|Hair (Jan '13)||Jan 28||mike||2|
Find what you want!
Search Moreno Valley Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC