bullying at sikeston public schools...

Posted in the Morehouse Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of122
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 14, 2013
 
Bullying is a problem all over the nation. It's getting so bad here in Sikeston that it is sad. When you have done everything in power to protect your child and teach them the right choices.... Then you have these kids, whose parents may or may not know, what their children are doin... Terrorizing other kids, taunting them, verbally and physically abusing them..... So what do you tell your child then? Fight back, mess up your whole future, where you will end up in detention center or worse? Or hold it all in until they are so tired then they end up becoming a school shooter, harming any and every person in the way until they kill those kids or die trying.... But the kid is already dying because inside they are hurting, sad, tired, mad, etc . Do I need to go on? As parents we all need to really sit down and deeply discuss bullying and the effects to our kids... We need to protect our children and their future.
please

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Please go tell the Administration about your child being bullied. It is the responsibility of ALL of us parents to make sure bullies are stopped. These bullies in our schools and across the nation put ALL of our children in jeopardy. If Administration doesnt handle the issue, it is your responsibility to let other parents know nothing is being done, then we should all be responsible to see that necessary corrective action is taken by Administration. Being a silent parent is irresponsible.
Guest

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 14, 2013
 
There have been many parents get together and go to the school about this issue. The school simply doesn't care due to the fact that the bullies are the wealthy who "hold the school together". It has a bad reputation of it. The parents of the students who bully are just as catty though, so they don't care much.
Yosemite sam

Sedalia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 15, 2013
 
As much fun as it is to give someone an ass whooping it only lasts as long as the pain. So no that is not the answer. Feelings are the answer. I guarantee that if your child is being bullied let them find something embarrassing out about the bully and then tell everyone. They can't stand that. Yes it does put your child down on their level, but just enough to fix the problem. Kids hate being shamed or embarrassed.
topia

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Most of the time the parents do know that their kids are bullies. But are afraid of them themselves. The way the law is set up that you cant whip your own child anymore, the kids will call the abuse hotline if you so much as look at them the wrong way. No wonder there is so much school shootings. We really need to back to the old school ways when our parents gave us chores to do. Then you wouldnt have time to be picking at one another, and all the kids played together nd looked out for each other. The good ole days!!!
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

please wrote:
Please go tell the Administration about your child being bullied. It is the responsibility of ALL of us parents to make sure bullies are stopped. These bullies in our schools and across the nation put ALL of our children in jeopardy. If Administration doesnt handle the issue, it is your responsibility to let other parents know nothing is being done, then we should all be responsible to see that necessary corrective action is taken by Administration. Being a silent parent is irresponsible.
I have been.... I'm never silent ... Just wanted others to be aware of what was really going on around and maybe to their children. So at the least they could or would talk to their children... I am a vocal parent who cares. I have taken it very far and Will go farther if necessary.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 15, 2013
 
Guest wrote:
There have been many parents get together and go to the school about this issue. The school simply doesn't care due to the fact that the bullies are the wealthy who "hold the school together". It has a bad reputation of it. The parents of the students who bully are just as catty though, so they don't care much.
Well I care I have taken it far... Will take it farther... For my child as well as others... I just don't think of my child as my post states. I think of our children... I will fight till I have nothing left in me for these children because they deserve a bright future.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 15, 2013
 
Yosemite sam wrote:
As much fun as it is to give someone an ass whooping it only lasts as long as the pain. So no that is not the answer. Feelings are the answer. I guarantee that if your child is being bullied let them find something embarrassing out about the bully and then tell everyone. They can't stand that. Yes it does put your child down on their level, but just enough to fix the problem. Kids hate being shamed or embarrassed.
The post is not about fighting it is about a cause and effect some kids don't receive the right counseling about bullying or how to handle it, or some may not receive as others; so therefore terrible acts have happened as outcomes as I said... It is not only my child I know that is being bullied.... So this is for others in the community , since so many read topic, reach out and take back our kids confidence, character, joy, smile,future,etc
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 15, 2013
 
topia wrote:
Most of the time the parents do know that their kids are bullies. But are afraid of them themselves. The way the law is set up that you cant whip your own child anymore, the kids will call the abuse hotline if you so much as look at them the wrong way. No wonder there is so much school shootings. We really need to back to the old school ways when our parents gave us chores to do. Then you wouldnt have time to be picking at one another, and all the kids played together nd looked out for each other. The good ole days!!!
Glad someone is with me.... Chores!!! My son has them everyday . When you come home from school you get a snack, do hme wrk, then chores. If you have time left outdoors during daylight hrs you may go or game indoors... As for punishments he knows and understands bad grades or not listening will get games taking away etc...that is what affect him, not being able to hangout with his friends.... I understand that raising your child right you should be able to trust them, and I do... Sometimes I check in when we have a new child added because you never can tell with all the other children until you really get to know them... Just because I would never let someone else's child do something in front of me that I would not allow my own to do... All of my neighbors know this about me and I would expect the same... I love them and theirs and they love us...
topia

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

@guest: Thats how my parents raised me nd my siblings too. Some of the teachers see it going on in the classrooms but they're afraid to adress the student because of confrontation. To me bullying is just a lack of home training nd respect of others!!!!
Brandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

One of my children had someone bullying him a few years ago and I went through the proper channels. Of course i was told by the principle that he had talked to both of the kids. He also told me that he told the kids if they get in a fight, he would call the cops because it was "physical". Well I told him that when this kid "bumps" into my son everyday, thats "physical" and if it happens again i will show up at the school with a cop he wint have to call them. Needless to say, the principle got very upset because he knew he had been called out and i was someone who wasnt going to be pushed around. I have always told my children to ignore the bullies, walk away, etc. I told my children i understand that if it keeps up, it may be hard not to say something. I also told my children if the so called "bully" ever HIT them, then hit them back. No this may not be the answer, but I have always told my kids to DEFEND theirselves. I DO NOT expect my child to let someone jump on them and hit them and not do anything back.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 15, 2013
 
topia wrote:
@guest: Thats how my parents raised me nd my siblings too. Some of the teachers see it going on in the classrooms but they're afraid to adress the student because of confrontation. To me bullying is just a lack of home training nd respect of others!!!!
Last year my child was abused... Physically... Told to sit DWN by a teacher, called a liar and treated terrible by the pricipals.... I will never be silent ..., bcuz that is stating this type of actions are okay....My child was told he/ she could not return to school to the situation was handled... Maybe they were mad cuz I told them I wld take it up with the school board... the principal follow me to my car and was so close to my passenger side window Talking loud .... my windows were up and the meeting was over....cld not bck up.... And if I did I wld have hit him... Them they wld have put it on the news parent runs dwn principal over school fight... So I called the police.... I also had the school board on the other phone at the same time ... As he stood at my window... If it was a man... Black, white, Indian, Asian,etc he wld not have follow them to the car..... I didn't know if the other child was punished or not we waited a wk for our meeting... My child missed a week if school bcuz he was bullied... I really just wanted the other kid to be taught its not tolerated... And u will not be sent home as some like you will stay here do your wrk and follow the rules.. Simple ..after my meeting ....I hmeschled, bcuz I felt my child was not safe with those principals watching over. My child wld never trust them again to tell anything... but I will not let my child be run away from a normal life of peers...
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 15, 2013
 
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Last year my child was abused... Physically... Told to sit DWN by a teacher, called a liar and treated terrible by the pricipals.... I will never be silent ..., bcuz that is stating this type of actions are okay....My child was told he/ she could not return to school to the situation was handled... Maybe they were mad cuz I told them I wld take it up with the school board... the principal follow me to my car and was so close to my passenger side window Talking loud .... my windows were up and the meeting was over....cld not bck up.... And if I did I wld have hit him... Them they wld have put it on the news parent runs dwn principal over school fight... So I called the police.... I also had the school board on the other phone at the same time ... As he stood at my window... If it was a man... Black, white, Indian, Asian,etc he wld not have follow them to the car..... I didn't know if the other child was punished or not we waited a wk for our meeting... My child missed a week if school bcuz he was bullied... I really just wanted the other kid to be taught its not tolerated... And u will not be sent home as some like you will stay here do your wrk and follow the rules.. Simple ..after my meeting ....I hmeschled, bcuz I felt my child was not safe with those principals watching over. My child wld never trust them again to tell anything... but I will not let my child be run away from a normal life of peers...
OAN my child was not lying after reviewing the tapes... The meeting with the school board was great... I am just very cautious now ... And trust no one when it comes to my child ..... I was taught the hard way... You never trust people in the streets but when it comes to your child's well being at school, from the moment they are at that bus stop on that bus ... They are suppose to be in the care of the school system. Yeah right! They are in your care always , I kno mine is...
please

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 15, 2013
 
Yosemite sam wrote:
As much fun as it is to give someone an ass whooping it only lasts as long as the pain. So no that is not the answer. Feelings are the answer. I guarantee that if your child is being bullied let them find something embarrassing out about the bully and then tell everyone. They can't stand that. Yes it does put your child down on their level, but just enough to fix the problem. Kids hate being shamed or embarrassed.
Yea, fuel the fire. Sure, that works.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 15, 2013
 
please wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, fuel the fire. Sure, that works.
I won't let no one fuel my fire... Because the only thing I worry about is the children... Fighting never solves anything.... That is why I thought maybe
If I can spread the word several ways, I can save my child as well as others!!! That is why I started this thread... But no violence will ever be the answer that is what I am trying to prevent by talking and letting others know that is ok to talk, but if actions are takin they need to be positive for our kids!!!! No more bullying!!!! Stay positive even though it may be hard!!
Gal

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

My child has also been bullied at that school. I followed the high-archy, and no one would help me. The principles got extremely defensive and never did anything. It is in the SHS handbook that if a child bullies, they receive up to 180 days suspension, well, the bully in my case never got any kind of punishment. In my opinion, the administration of that school are bullies as well!
MrNiceGuy

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 15, 2013
 
Personally I think the rules in school cause this shooter phenomenon. Fighting shouldn't be used to solve a problem but what can you do if someone is harassing you every single day? The kids that are bullied are usually the kids who follow the rules and respect authority. Nothing ever happens to a bully if it gets reported. What are they going to do, "talk" to the kid? That's bull! Schools call the cops every time there is a scuffle. That's the problem!!! A bully wouldn't be a bully if they knew the other kid would fight back!! So these gets that get harassed all day feel like there isn't anything that can be done and they're right! Instead of fighting back and risking juvenile hall the poor kids feels trapped and if there going to get in trouble they might as well go BIG! The mental abuse these kids are subjected to is far worse than a black eye! I'm not saying don't punish fighting, give them detention or Saturday school, they aren't adults and don't think like adults so why call the cops and treat them like adults?????
dont worry

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 15, 2013
 
I totally agree the school has all these rules about being a bully but when you take it to the school they get mad and dont do shit about it but being a mom or dad means protecting your kids and i dont give a damn how mad the school gets i will fight til the end for mine and any other child that is being bullied
rage

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Your kid is probably just a bitch.
wow

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 15, 2013
 
rage wrote:
Your kid is probably just a bitch.
May God be with you, and I pray He puts compassion in your heart to fill what you are obviously missing.

You are probably one of the bullies, or were when you were in school, depending on your age.

Again, sending prayers your way

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of122
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morehouse Discussions

Search the Morehouse Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cronies 22 min iknow 17
Parent Alienation Syndrome 26 min guest 1
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 29 min Dream Crystal 1,866
The word game (Jun '09) 31 min Dream Crystal 5,272
famous people name game (Jul '13) 32 min Dream Crystal 1,458
keep 1 drop 1 = + 3 stacked 36 min Dream Crystal 557
Word Association (May '10) 40 min Dream Crystal 2,527
•••
•••
•••
Morehouse Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morehouse Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Morehouse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••