The Republican party has become obsolete

Posted in the Morehouse Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
I use to be a Republican

Wentzville, MO

#1 Nov 9, 2012
The Worthless republican party needs to learn how to paddle with the flow not against it.

Since: Jul 12

Jackson, MO

#2 Nov 9, 2012
You're assuming that the Democrats know what they're doing.

The best thing that the Republicans can do now is for every Republican member of Congress to vote 'Present' on every vote and let the Dems have everything they want.

By doing that, they let the Democrats wreck the economy. It'll also prove that Democrats are only out for their own benefit and not for the good of the country.

After that, there won't be another Democrat elected in your lifetime.
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#3 Nov 9, 2012

"The best thing that the Republicans can do now is for every Republican member of Congress to vote 'Present' on every vote and let the Dems have everything they want."

I'm good with that.
Tax Man

Austin, TX

#4 Nov 9, 2012
I use to be a Republican wrote:
The Worthless republican party needs to learn how to paddle with the flow not against it.
Son you don't even know what your talking about. This is called modern day slavery.. the dems celebrate keeping poor people on food stamps and dependent on goverrnment,.... they have been doing it for years. President Obama wavied the work requirement for welfare. right before the election. I don't think there is anything wrong with helping the poor and our older people, the Bible in Leviticus 23-22 When you reap the harvest for your land do not harvest the grain along the edges of your fields, you are to leave them for the needy and the alien.
Tax Man

Austin, TX

#5 Nov 9, 2012
A Conservative wrote:
You're assuming that the Democrats know what they're doing.
The best thing that the Republicans can do now is for every Republican member of Congress to vote 'Present' on every vote and let the Dems have everything they want.
By doing that, they let the Democrats wreck the economy. It'll also prove that Democrats are only out for their own benefit and not for the good of the country.
After that, there won't be another Democrat elected in your lifetime.
As long as there is taker's and not maker's it will never change.
I really believe this is all in God's plan. This country has turned against God and I really believe persecution is next.
the only real usa first

Jackson, MO

#6 Nov 9, 2012
Tax Man wrote:
<quoted text>Son President Obama wavied the work requirement for welfare. right before the election.
this is not true
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Yep. That's a lie.
Tax Man

Austin, TX

#8 Nov 9, 2012
bufu wrote:
Yep. That's a lie.
Liberals will deny anything, yep sure will.
the only real usa first

Jackson, MO

#9 Nov 9, 2012
Tax Man wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals will deny anything, yep sure will.
If it is a lie we will, you are full of shit, as well as being a LOSER
SEMO

Jackson, MO

#10 Nov 9, 2012
That is because Christians are now the minority and hippacrits and atheist are the majority.

Since: Jul 12

Jackson, MO

#11 Nov 9, 2012
the only real usa first wrote:
<quoted text>If it is a lie we will, you are full of shit, as well as being a LOSER
Is that the best you've got? Name calling?

You've always resorted to name calling because when most liberals can't defend their position with logic (and they never can), they try to make themselves look better by trying to belittle someone else.

Bufu I have respect for. I disagree with him most of the time, but I respect that he debates his position and does it well. You on the other hand, remind me of a kindergartener.
SEMO

Jackson, MO

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Democrats are some of the meanest people I know. They lie, name call, cheat, and do whatever it takes. It really makes me sad that this election revealed that CHristians are in the minority now.
Tax Man

Austin, TX

#13 Nov 9, 2012
One of the bettter known things that Barack Obama did as USA president early into his presidency, was signing into to a law a bill that greatly increased the debt of the USA. He has also indicated that he would need to pursue policies that will increase that debt during at least his first administration--and this has happened. However, the Bible warns about a nation that will increase its debt in the end time:

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry...
6 "Will not all these take up a proverb against him, And a taunting riddle against him, and say,'Woe to him who increases
What is not his--how long? And to him who loads himself with many pledges'? 7 Will not your creditors rise up suddenly? Will they not awaken who oppress you? And you will become their booty. 8 Because you have plundered many nations, All the remnant of the people shall plunder you (Habakkuk 2:3,6-8).

Hence, Barack Obama seems to currently be fulfilling the part of that prophecy of increasing pledges/debt. And, of course, it is possible that the rest of the above prophecy will be fulfilled while he is USA president
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Lying at the top of the page and spouting scripture at the bottom.

Who else but tax man?
Semper Fi

Cape Girardeau, MO

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Tax Man wrote:
One of the bettter known things that Barack Obama did as USA president early into his presidency, was signing into to a law a bill that greatly increased the debt of the USA. He has also indicated that he would need to pursue policies that will increase that debt during at least his first administration--and this has happened. However, the Bible warns about a nation that will increase its debt in the end time:
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry...
6 "Will not all these take up a proverb against him, And a taunting riddle against him, and say,'Woe to him who increases
What is not his--how long? And to him who loads himself with many pledges'? 7 Will not your creditors rise up suddenly? Will they not awaken who oppress you? And you will become their booty. 8 Because you have plundered many nations, All the remnant of the people shall plunder you (Habakkuk 2:3,6-8).
Hence, Barack Obama seems to currently be fulfilling the part of that prophecy of increasing pledges/debt. And, of course, it is possible that the rest of the above prophecy will be fulfilled while he is USA president
Except, the national debt is nothing like the debt you are talking about. It would be nice if people actually understood macroeconomics. The portion of our debt with "creditors" only makes about a third, and we own just as much in other countries debt as people own of ours. This is one of the ways nations trade. The other two-thirds of the 'debt' is completely internal, and isn't paid back in the same respect as one may pay a credit card bill.

Our national debt is not a pressing problem, and any economist worth his salt knows this. Deficit spending isn't even a problem in and of itself, it is what that deficit spending is toward. Currently, our growth is outpacing our debt, and the foreseeable future will continue this trend. As long as that is the case, we are fine. But, we need to start investing that money back into the economy to maintain and further the growth. Wars are not an investment. Foreign aid is not an investment. A good portion of our defense budget is not an investment. Hopefully you get the idea.
Semper Fi

Cape Girardeau, MO

#16 Nov 9, 2012
As to the original topic, yes, the GOP is falling apart, and will continue to do so as long as they maintain the divide in their ideology. One the one side, you have a respectable portion of the GOP who focus on what matters, the economy, liberties, open markets, etc.

Unfortunately, this part of the GOP is silent. Instead, the 'other' part is the forefront and wants to take us back to the dark ages by continually being on the wrong side of social issues. Fighting gay marriage, subjugating women, alienating minorities, unwilling to compromise on abortion and admit their arguments are unsound, etc.

Once the former decides it has had enough of the latter, the GOP will once again be relevant and stronger than the Dems. The sooner this happens, the better.
SEMO

Jackson, MO

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Semper Fi wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, the national debt is nothing like the debt you are talking about. It would be nice if people actually understood macroeconomics. The portion of our debt with "creditors" only makes about a third, and we own just as much in other countries debt as people own of ours. This is one of the ways nations trade. The other two-thirds of the 'debt' is completely internal, and isn't paid back in the same respect as one may pay a credit card bill.
Our national debt is not a pressing problem, and any economist worth his salt knows this. Deficit spending isn't even a problem in and of itself, it is what that deficit spending is toward. Currently, our growth is outpacing our debt, and the foreseeable future will continue this trend. As long as that is the case, we are fine. But, we need to start investing that money back into the economy to maintain and further the growth. Wars are not an investment. Foreign aid is not an investment. A good portion of our defense budget is not an investment. Hopefully you get the idea.
Pretending or acting smart does not make you so. Tell wallstreet they are not scared of Obama. Tell our credit raters not to be scared. Obama is still shelling out foreign aid to muslem countries killing our troops. Tell congress that you are smarter than all of them and the experts. Maybe they will take advise from you. Tell all the past presidents that debt does not matter and maybe they tried to balance the budget for nothing. Maybe we should just start handing out more to all the welfare pimples on the ass of society. We will see if in one yr from now when we all are paying taxes on our healthcare or at least the ones that work, how all that voted for this crap fee.
Tax Man

Austin, TX

#18 Nov 9, 2012
Barack Obama seems to be a supporter of a Constantinian religion which claims Christ. Yet, he does not seem to be highly involved with it. For example, in the first few weeks after the election, he did not attend any church service according to an AP story. He ended up not joining any church, but makes public church appearances on occasion (a couple times a year). Whether he makes the public appearances to give the impression he is Christian or this is what he believes is not clear to me.

However, because his religion is of the Constantinian variety, Barack Obama will likely not understand end-time prophecies and this will lead him to be more accommodating to the rise of the Beast than one who understands end-time prophecy would likely be.

Here is a listing of a dozen reasons that thinking, biblically-oriented Catholics and Protestants, may conclude Barack Obama is not a real Christian:
1.He stopped regularly attending outside church services after becoming elected President of the United States. Matthew 23:6-7)–so his sincerity is doubted.
2.He has pushed the homosexual agenda.“Though President Obama opposed gay marriage during the 2008 election” he now supports and advocates it.
3.One of his first acts after taking office was to increase international funding for abortions. He makes various public statements supporting abortion.
4.On an international trip, he referred to the Muslim book as “the Holy Quran.” Real Christians do not consider the Quran as holy.
5.While in office, he attended the first “feeding” for Ramadan at least one year. Christians are not supposed to observe holy days of other religions.
6.He has been found to carry a Hindu monkey god. No Christian intentionally carries around pagan idols.
7.His US Supreme Court appointees are both believed to be supporters of on-demand abortion.
8.He seems to support “freedom of worship” as opposed to “freedom of religion”. This has carried forward in his stance on forcing the paying for various forms of contraception, including abortive pills, as he seems to feel that his form of morality should trump those who have religious beliefs to the contrary. And even though the beliefs of the Philadelphia remnant of the Church of God on family planning are closer to those held by the Eastern Orthodox, than Roman, Catholics, I believe that the President has crossed a line that should concern all who profess Christ.
9.He seems to claim that political forms of covetousness are consistent with his “Christian Faith” values.
10.He seems to advocate class warfare.
11.He has increased the regulatory burden on some Americans excessively (Jesus’ warnings Matthew 23:4-5).
Semper Fi

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19 Nov 9, 2012
SEMO wrote:
<quoted text>Pretending or acting smart does not make you so.
Then tell me where I am wrong.
Tell wallstreet they are not scared of Obama.
They are not scared, as they are making more money now than they ever have. Obama is just as much in the pocket of corporations than an Republican.
Tell our credit raters not to be scared.
Do you understand how our credit rating works? Do some research then get back to me.
Obama is still shelling out foreign aid to muslem countries killing our troops.
Which is a problem, but not anything Obama started or implemented. Foreign Aid is not so much aid as it is a payoff for favorable standing in world affairs. We have been giving aid to the Middle East since shortly after WWI, and we will continue to do so no matter who is in office.
Tell congress that you are smarter than all of them and the experts.
Again tell me where I am wrong. And, you give those in congress too much credit. After all, there is at least one House Representative (from GA) on the Science Committee who believes the Earth is 6000 years old and Evolution is the trick of the devil.
Maybe they will take advise from you. Tell all the past presidents that debt does not matter and maybe they tried to balance the budget for nothing.
Guess how many times we've had a balanced budget in the last 100 years. Once. Guess how many times we've been debt free in our history. Once. National debt is not a problem, never really has been.

http://faculty.winthrop.edu/stonebrakerr/book...
Maybe we should just start handing out more to all the welfare pimples on the ass of society. We will see if in one yr from now when we all are paying taxes on our healthcare or at least the ones that work, how all that voted for this crap fee.
What free crap? What do you consider Welfare at the federal level? Instead of spewing rhetoric, why not give us some details.
Semper Fi

Cape Girardeau, MO

#20 Nov 9, 2012
Hey Tax Man, we are not a Theocracy. There is no requirement our President be a Christian. In fact, a few of our Presidents in history certainly weren't. You are part of the problem in the GOP. You want a theocracy, not a democratic republic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehouse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What WHITE TRASH wants to SUUUUCKKKKKKKK on my ... 12 min LMAO 2
Pit bull restriction? (Feb '17) 1 hr Jeremy 47
Arron brown 2 hr Jeremy 7
Hey, "Morehouse Forever" facebook page. Thu former resident 1
Michelle Bradshaw Wed Serinity 1
Come get some Wed EricGraham 55
Charter internet out in Morehouse? Feb 20 some guy 3

Morehouse Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance