Thomas & Furnish or Nickell & Alderma...

Thomas & Furnish or Nickell & Alderman for Rowan Judge Executive

Created by richierob35 on Jul 19, 2010

1,771 votes

Click on an option to vote

Nickell/Alderman

Thomas/Furnish

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
richierob35

Wallingford, KY

#1 Jul 19, 2010
since the last thread was suddenly dropped, i want to keep my vote for thomas and furnish!
now

Olive Hill, KY

#2 Jul 19, 2010
since the johnny wilson scandal I am voting for Clyde. I think the courthouse is going to have to answer for that. I heard the feds are investigating. They gave payment for a job without competing bids to a campaign contributor.
noWay

Cleveland, GA

#3 Jul 19, 2010
now wrote:
since the johnny wilson scandal I am voting for Clyde. I think the courthouse is going to have to answer for that. I heard the feds are investigating. They gave payment for a job without competing bids to a campaign contributor.
No way, really? When did that happen?
Kelcon

Cleveland, GA

#4 Jul 19, 2010
richierob35 wrote:
since the last thread was suddenly dropped, i want to keep my vote for thomas and furnish!
I want my vote to count 2! Thank you for re-polling!
county employees busy

Morehead, KY

#5 Jul 20, 2010
judging by the vote it appears that county workers are busy voting but not commenting--,=maybe nothing positive for nickle!
ex-family

Morehead, KY

#6 Jul 20, 2010
all the incumbents are going to be suprised this year. shock and all vote em out.
Lee887

Commerce, GA

#7 Jul 23, 2010
now wrote:
ME TOO! Sickening!
story is

Cleveland, GA

#8 Jul 23, 2010
the story is that johnny wilson a 500 dollar donor to niclel was singled out among 3 other operators at the county highway department, allowed to resign from the county, given a $110 an hour un-bid contract for the operation of a excavator leased and fueled by the county to do pretty much the same job as the county operators are doing for about $20 an hour. rumor has it that none of the other operators donaated to nickel's campaign!
uppy datty

Morehead, KY

#9 Jul 23, 2010
ALDERMAN, JERRY
150 LITTON ROAD
MOREHEAD, KY, 40351
Employer : ROWAN CO. FISCAL COURT
INDIVIDUAL Contribution
$100.00 on 02/20/2010

JAMES, DUANE
65 EAGLE DRIVE
MOREHEAD, KY, 40351
Employer : DUANE JAMES, INC.
INDIVIDUAL Contribution
$200.00 on 04/02/2010

STEVENS, TIM
319 L. STEVENS ROAD
MOREHEAD, KY, 40351
Employer : ROWAN CO. FISCAL COURT
INDIVIDUAL Contribution
$250.00 on 03/17/2010

DEHART, JOANN
1596 MCBRAYER ROAD
CLEARFIELD, KY, 40313
Employer : DEHART MOBILE HOME PARK

$200.00 on 10/03/2006

DEHNER, TRUMAN
206 E. MAIN STREET
MOREHEAD, KY, 40351
Employer : DEHNER AND ELLIS
INDIVIDUAL Contribution
$1,000.00 on 09/22/2006
INDIVIDUAL Contribution
uppy datty

Morehead, KY

#10 Jul 23, 2010
CODELL, JAMES
WINCHESTER ROAD
WINCHESTER, KY, 40392
Employer : CODELL CONSTRUCTION
INDIVIDUAL Contribution
$1,000.00 on 11/04/2006

THOMAS, EDDIE
4440 US 60 E
MOREHEAD, KY, 41143
Employer : EDDIE'S SUNOCO

BLACK, ROBIN
227 TIPPETT AVENUE
MOREHEAD, KY, 40313
Employer :

ALDERMAN, DARRELL
HICKORY POINT
MOREHEAD, KY,
Employer : ALDERMAN CONTRACTING

CAUDILL, JIM
1571 CAUDILL DRIVE
MOREHEAD, KY,
Employer : JAMES R. CAUDILL, REAL ESTATE

GRIFFITH, RAY
421 SKAGGS ROAD
MOREHEAD, KY,
Employer : BIG 4 LUMBER

PRATT, TODD
127 SOUTH HORD STREET
GRAYSON, KY, 41143
Employer : KY FARM BUREAU MUTUAL

WILSON, JOHNNY
7380 CHRISTY CR
MOREHEAD, KY, 40351
Employer : WILSON EXCAVATION

SCOTT, AMY
3420 WOODBROOK CREEK
ASHLAND, KY, 41101
Employer :
where to

Morehead, KY

#11 Jul 23, 2010
where do you get this information?
Lee887

Plummers Landing, KY

#12 Jul 24, 2010
where to wrote:
where do you get this information?
looks like frankfort. all campaign stuff is public info.
richierob35

Grayson, KY

#13 Jul 24, 2010
Is Amy Scott the Amy that is Jim Nickells daughter? Why would your daughter give 500 to your campaign if she lives in Ashland? Is she the one that owns the printing store?
i wonder

Cleveland, GA

#14 Jul 24, 2010
I wonder if the printing store is post net and if it is, i'll bet the county is buying from her. that would be the answer to the amy scott 500 donation question by richierob35.
noWay

Hillsboro, KY

#15 Jul 24, 2010
i wonder wrote:
I wonder if the printing store is post net and if it is, i'll bet the county is buying from her. that would be the answer to the amy scott 500 donation question by richierob35.
I don't think there is ANY way that the county would be allowed to buy printing from the county judges daughter?! That is most DEFINITELY a moral and ethical conflict. I would have to see proof to believe it.
you dont say

Morehead, KY

#16 Jul 25, 2010
If they want to they can ...yes there is a way..
not suprised

Cleveland, GA

#17 Jul 25, 2010
i'm not suprised if this isn's the most corrupt judge in rowan history. look at the political paybacks with taxpayer dollars. didn't this judge four years ago run his race on a honesty theme?
Anonymous

Commerce, GA

#18 Jul 25, 2010
I don't know about the buying printing from his daughter, but with a bankrupt treasurer and a road forman that tells people he owns the road and paying johnny wilson over $100 an hour to doze, I wouldn't doubt Jim Nickell would do that it a bit. I'd like proof before I get up on that band wagon, but its a definite possibility. somebody should get county printing bills and see for fact.
cordell77

Dawsonville, GA

#19 Jul 25, 2010
not suprised wrote:
i'm not suprised if this isn's the most corrupt judge in rowan history. look at the political paybacks with taxpayer dollars. didn't this judge four years ago run his race on a honesty theme?
ok folks, lets get this straight-- nickell took a $500 campaign contribution from john wilson and gave him 2 jobs. nickell got a campaign contribution from both a guy named tim stevens(that sounds like he is full of himself because he said he owns the county roads) and let him keep his job as road foreman. nickell got a campaign contribution from his daughter and may be using her printing company as the county contracted print services. nickell got a campaign contribution from jerry alderman so he fired his original deputy judge(who did not contribute anything to nickell) and gave his job to someone who did give him campaign money. whats next? we need to look at the other people who gave and see what kind of ties they have with county contracts. this is interesting and must be against some kind of law.
Donations

Morehead, KY

#20 Jul 25, 2010
Mr. "uppy datty" Why don't you go back to the last election to see who donated what to Clyde Thomas. That would be interesting. I'll bet his daughters donated big, and so did a lot of Magistrates. His Road Forman, and Asst. Road Forman,(His brother-in-law) probably made considerable donations. The same treasurer was in office at that time. I don't think anyone's personal issues should be brought into this. I know the Treasurer, who is a single mom of two, and she takes very good care of her children. Her bank account is really nooone's business. She seems very capable of doing the job and that's all that matters. So, go ahead, post the donations from when Clyde ran and see who gave what. I thought it was the right of every citizen to donate anything they want, as long as it wasn't over the limit allowed by law. Why is it anyone's business if Tim Stevens donated $250.00? If he has the money to donate, that's his business. At least he's not kin to Jim Nickell. Jim doesn't seem to be hiring all of his relatives. What's the difference between someone donating money to get someone back in, and someone promising jobs to all of their family jobs, which would amount to a heck of a lot more than $250.00. With the weather conditions Morehead has endured this past year, I cannot imagine what shape it would be in if Clyde's Brother-in-law was in charge of keeping up the roads. Jim Nickell has done a good job and at least you don't have to be ashamed when he appears in the news or in the newspaper like you do when you have cross-eyed Clyde in office. He's embarrassing to have as a judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog's 47 min Bigpopi 5
NSA any women in clearfield or Morehead 48 min Bigpopi 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min Traveler 148,993
prince albert piercing 58 min Brad 31
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 13,155
Liberalism has its consequences 3 hr tired of you 279
Maranda Mckenzie 10 hr Love you 13

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages