justme

Grayson, KY

#21 Feb 6, 2009
I am not drugs , have you seen a kid seen his mom snort crack ? Have you seen her leave her kids hours at a time ? That is drugs .That is drugs . Any kid subject to that envirement is better of in a foster home ! You are not worth nothing ! You are the scum of the earth. You all know you i am talking about ! Think twice !
saddened

Olive Hill, KY

#22 Feb 6, 2009
It doesnt matteer where this poem came from. This particular poem came from a young girl who lost her life recently to drugs. She fought very hard to get off of drugs & was a beautiful person and I dont appreciate anyone making a joke out of it.
tbone

Wallingford, KY

#23 Feb 6, 2009
saddened wrote:
It doesnt matteer where this poem came from. This particular poem came from a young girl who lost her life recently to drugs. She fought very hard to get off of drugs & was a beautiful person and I dont appreciate anyone making a joke out of it.
Are you saying that you know who wrote this poem? Before you make yourself look like an idiot, copy and paste the poem into your browser, then get back to me.
saddened

Olive Hill, KY

#24 Feb 6, 2009
First of all this poem is something that shouldnt be made fun of. This is not a joke. I think I said "IT DOESNT MATTER WHO WROTE THIS POEM. I'm sure this particular poem was put in here because it was recently read at a young girls funeral & apparantly someone thought that if they put it in here that it might help get through to someone else who is on drugs. You lose a child, brother, sister niece, nephew or best friend to drugs and then make fun of this poem.
tbone

Wallingford, KY

#25 Feb 6, 2009
When did I make fun, or joke about this poem? You lied about it, so I called you on it. It's an old poem that has been circulating the web since 1997. It was written by Matt Spencer for a college paper. Like I said, copy and paste it into your browser, that would have saved you a lot of embarrassment.
saddened wrote:
First of all this poem is something that shouldnt be made fun of. This is not a joke. I think I said "IT DOESNT MATTER WHO WROTE THIS POEM. I'm sure this particular poem was put in here because it was recently read at a young girls funeral & apparantly someone thought that if they put it in here that it might help get through to someone else who is on drugs. You lose a child, brother, sister niece, nephew or best friend to drugs and then make fun of this poem.
saddened

Olive Hill, KY

#26 Feb 6, 2009
It was Anna that wrote in earlier & said "don't know if you wrote this or not, but if you did, you need to enter it in every poetry contest you can find. If you are the author, you have a gift. If the magic of your words can save just one child, mother, father, sister or brother, then your words are not in vain".
She, like me & every other sensible person on here doesnt care who wrote the poem. It is the message that it is sending. I'm sure that there are many kids who havent read this poem before & if it stops them from trying drugs or getting off drugs then whoever put this poem in here may have saved someones life.
tbone

Wallingford, KY

#27 Feb 6, 2009
I was just stating what the original poster should have said. Otherwise it is Plagiarism. He was getting praise for something he did not do. I'm not dissing the poem or the original author, I'm just stating facts. When you copy and paste someone else's hard work, you should let others know it is not your own. Your anger is misplaced.
saddened wrote:
It was Anna that wrote in earlier & said "don't know if you wrote this or not, but if you did, you need to enter it in every poetry contest you can find. If you are the author, you have a gift. If the magic of your words can save just one child, mother, father, sister or brother, then your words are not in vain".
She, like me & every other sensible person on here doesnt care who wrote the poem. It is the message that it is sending. I'm sure that there are many kids who havent read this poem before & if it stops them from trying drugs or getting off drugs then whoever put this poem in here may have saved someones life.
saddened

Olive Hill, KY

#28 Feb 7, 2009
I am sure that the person who put the poem on here was just trying to reach others that are on drugs or who or thinking about trying it & hoping that this poem might help them to think twice before trying them. I dont think that they meant to take ownership of it. It just happened to be found in the posession of a young girl who lost her fight to drugs New years day.
myft

Morehead, KY

#29 Feb 7, 2009
I wrote the original big mac poem in response to this...not to make fun of the original poem, but to point out that HEALTH hits on all fronts, our food, our life styles, AND our choices...of which taking the pills designed to ease pain and changing their purpose is a bad health choice.

How do we solve the pillhead problem...I have some ideas...how about one where jobs are created riding herd on the folks who get caught...instead of one probation officer for fifty cases...how about a stimulus package that has more people watching what is going on. Auditors of the databases...how about a person whose job is going around to people on pills and making them show the bottles...a post prescription count.

I am often on these sites with a smart aleck remark...most often directed at people who are gossiping and being out of line, but from time to time...and count this one...I am serious.

the big mac is something, like abuse of anything, that can create health problems...how about we sentence people to exercise programs...make the pillheads walk.

dont get me started.
Concerned Parent

Morehead, KY

#30 Feb 13, 2009
Please contact authorities on all drug activity for the sake of our youth and all people in our community. Here is the contact number and website:

Here is the number to KSP: Marijuana and Drug Hotline - 1-800-367-3847

If need additional information, here is the website:

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/contact.ht ...
concerned parent

Grayson, KY

#31 Feb 14, 2009
Diane Sawyer opened the subject last night about drugs in Eastern Kentucky .. but just sort of skirted the issue. I would like to see it delved into much deeper ... the Florida Drug Run issue, etc..... I bet if other states were brought into Eastern Kentucky's Drug Problem on a prime time TV show, someone would stand up and take notice!!! One of my students told me that his dad takes a car load of people to Florida regularly to get drugs .... poor child, btw, one car, 4 people, one trip to Florida, can yield $44,000.00 of street value prescription drugs to be sold illegally to our youth,(this according to Operation UNITE)... but back to the point, he said that at the Florida State Line there is a sign that says "GO Home Hillbillies",..... now people something is wrong if the Florida doctors there are making $$$$ from the sale of writing these unneccessry scripts, the Florida pharmacies are making $$$$ filling them, we are, as Kentuckians, boosting Florida's revenue and they tell us to go home .... and lastly we are destroying our youth and further damaging our own economic stability by not taking a stand to put an end to this trafficking .... mixed signals .... AND YES. I reported the situation that my student is in to the authorities ... we will have to wait and see what comes of it....
sad world

Owensboro, KY

#32 Feb 14, 2009
im not sayin its right or anything but look do u think its going to stop anytime soon? these people make good money from doing what they do and there are no jobs around here people are loseing everything and it has become a way of life. I really hate it cause some people work there ass off and others just sit and sell pills but they are makein it harder for them little at a time because now you are goin to have to have 2 bills from florida and a state license
KSC1

Delaware, OH

#33 Feb 15, 2009
I have never seen someone loose their job because thier cigarette abuse was too severe, or spend thier entire paycheck on cigarettes knowing that they have bills to pay and food to buy for thier children. My x-husband was a smoker, however he was also a drug addict who destroyed our family. If his only drug of choice would have been cigarettes my family would not have been ripped apart. Also, someone who controls their drug use or chooses another drug with less severe consequences is still an addict. In addition to my personal experience of how drugs can destroy families, I am also a licensed social worker and see the effects of drugs on families everyday.
Put Pillheads Behind Bars

Morehead, KY

#34 Feb 18, 2009
Contact Operation Unite and give all information now.

http://www.operationunite.org/about/index.php

KSP Drug Hotline:

Marijuana and Drug Hotline - 1-800-367-3847
funny

Morehead, KY

#35 Feb 19, 2009
this is so funny!
hello

Dahlonega, GA

#36 Feb 19, 2009
this was posted in the sandy hook paper about a year ago. i then posted it on here on the sandy hook forum not sure who wrote it but looks like someone found it an posted it here an im glad they did because every word of it is true
unknown

Alto, GA

#37 Feb 24, 2009
get help before you ruin your life
a reader

Olive Hill, KY

#38 May 25, 2011
Beautiful.
PEOPLE NEED HELP wrote:
"I am Drugs"
I destroy homes, I tear families apart.
Take your children, and that's just the start.
I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,
The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
If you need me, I'm easily found,
I live all around you-in schools and in town.
I live down the street, and maybe next door.
My power is awesome. Try me you'll see,
But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I may let you go,
But try me twice and I may own your soul.
When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,
You do what you have to-just to get high.
The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms
Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your nose, lungs, or arms.
You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,
When you see their tears, you should feel sad.
But you'll forget morals and how you were raised,
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,
I turn people from God, and separate friends.
I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,
I'll be with you always and stay by your side.
You'll give up everything-your family, your home,
Your friends and your money- then you'll be alone.
I'll take and take, till you have nothing to give,
When I am finished, you'll be lucky to live.
If you try me be warned-this is no game,
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind.
I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.
The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,
The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.
The sweats, the shakes, and the visions you'll see.
I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
But, then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,
That you are mine, and we shall not part.
You'll regret that you tried me, they always do.
But you came to me, not I to you.
You knew this would happen, many times you were told,
But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.
You could have said no, and just walked away,
If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
I'll be your master, you'll be my slave.
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
Now that you've met me, what will you do?
Will you try me again? What will you do?
The decision is yours. It is all up to you.
I can bring you more misery than words can tell,
Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell...
jessica

Lexington, KY

#39 May 26, 2011
PEOPLE NEED HELP wrote:
"I am Drugs"
I destroy homes, I tear families apart.
Take your children, and that's just the start.
I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,
The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
If you need me, I'm easily found,
I live all around you-in schools and in town.
I live down the street, and maybe next door.
My power is awesome. Try me you'll see,
But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I may let you go,
But try me twice and I may own your soul.
When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,
You do what you have to-just to get high.
The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms
Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your nose, lungs, or arms.
You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,
When you see their tears, you should feel sad.
But you'll forget morals and how you were raised,
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,
I turn people from God, and separate friends.
I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,
I'll be with you always and stay by your side.
You'll give up everything-your family, your home,
Your friends and your money- then you'll be alone.
I'll take and take, till you have nothing to give,
When I am finished, you'll be lucky to live.
If you try me be warned-this is no game,
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind.
I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.
The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,
The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.
The sweats, the shakes, and the visions you'll see.
I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
But, then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,
That you are mine, and we shall not part.
You'll regret that you tried me, they always do.
But you came to me, not I to you.
You knew this would happen, many times you were told,
But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.
You could have said no, and just walked away,
If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
I'll be your master, you'll be my slave.
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
Now that you've met me, what will you do?
Will you try me again? What will you do?
The decision is yours. It is all up to you.
I can bring you more misery than words can tell,
Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell...
I stole your poem / or who ever wrote this and put it on face book .. this is a great poem and very true.. This should be posted in schooles and any and every where !!!!!
smitten

Grayson, KY

#40 May 27, 2011
WOW.....Just want to thank who ever posted this!

43 days ago I would have read that and said...."what a bunch of crap." Now I say...."Damn, I can't believe I was that bad!" I decided to pull myself out of my "pill haze" 43 days ago and have now been clean for 42 days.(To those of you who want to make any smart ars remarks about only 42 days......SCREW YOU!) It's all about taking it one day at a time, and like my little brother told me...."If one day at a time seems to hard, take it one hour at a time." which turned out to be some of the best advice I got.

ALSO....It doesn't matter who wrote this....I'm just glad somebody took the time to poat it and maybe save someone else from themselves. I know it will help to remind me why I'm doing this..... especially on difficult days.

Because....."I AM NOT DRUGS!!!

Thank you again...to the author, AND the poster!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Wisdom of God 170,584
Poll Should parent pay support if kids in foster care? (Jan '09) 1 hr Reform 68
Thank you President Obama (Sep '12) 1 hr DBWriter 604
The most useless President (Apr '17) 2 hr trump 959
Liberals and protection of women 4 hr Wisdom 79
Is "Wisdom" a Christian who was saved and is a... 4 hr Wisdom 15
Message to Roy Moore supporters 4 hr Wisdom 25

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages