Teen Pregnancy (girls)

“PI Olivehillman”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#162 Apr 25, 2012
aka will wrote:
<quoted text>
starting to think I agree with you more and more. I hope that someone reads your post that previously believed that it's ok to bring a baby into this situation because "all you really need is love". As for the "you don't give up your blood", sometimes you have to sacrifice your desires for what is good for the person you love. If you cannot provide for your child and someone can why would you not want better for that child? I am reminded of the story in the bible where two women are fighting over a child, both claiming to be the mother and a king moves to cut the child in half to end the fighting and the biological mother says "NO" let the other woman have the child. She does this not to "give up blood" but to ensure that the child live. A living child with someone else is better than a dead child in hand. I recognize this child may die but will it have the opportunity to really live or will it simply survive?
I have all the love in the world for my children but the truth is "love" doesn't put food on the table, clothes on their back nor a roof over their head. Love will not get them into college nor will it pay for tuition. I know, some of you people with say, "I didn't go to college and I'm doing fine." Yes, you can earn a living without going to college but wouldn't you like to give your child the opportunity to do better for themselves and their children? Wouldn't you like to provide your child with every opportunity to succeed? I know I do and I work very hard to make sure they will have the opportunity to achieve happiness and success for themselves.
I am literally so sick over this, I cant sleep. You cant say anything to them, they are living in lala land. They just simply tell me we will "make do". how?! Funniest thing, they hate Obama but tell me that the gov will help them. It feels like Im dreaming. If I didnt know these people for as long as I have Id tell them to go to hell but I cant. I just dont understand what is going through their heads. They might even let the bf move in with their 14 yr old girl the kid is 16. They dont even have room for the baby let alone him.
Isaiah Mason

Morehead, KY

#163 Apr 30, 2012
This place KY has a serious problem with stupid high school graduates, and young children "CHILDREN" getting prego. Smack the parents.
NoBama12

West Liberty, KY

#164 May 1, 2012
It's those condoms they give away that's making the kids get pregnant. If they didn't give them free condoms they wouldn't be out doing stuff they shouldn't do. It's ahrd to tell you're kids to be abstanite if they give them condoms at the school and health department and teach them how to have sex and get pregnant before their even married. Take all that birth control and abortions away and they won't be out there getting pregnant having sex all the time and having a bunch of babys.
NoBama12

West Liberty, KY

#165 May 1, 2012
Isaiah Mason wrote:
This place KY has a serious problem with stupid high school graduates, and young children "CHILDREN" getting prego. Smack the parents.
Well not everybody got to graduates from high school and be all smart and rich like you. Some of us had to get married when we was young and raise families and now your giving them condoms so they go out and get pregnant more so you can keep looking down your nose at them. If you want to make a difference make sure they have a job to go to instead of being unemployed when they get out of school and start having babys and get married like they supposed to instead of just run around having sex with everybody they want to even after they get pregnant from using all them free condeoms you gave them. You want to give tehm condoms so they have sex and get pregnant then you want to make them have abortions instead of getting married and getting a job to raise the babys.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#166 May 1, 2012
NoBama12 wrote:
It's those condoms they give away that's making the kids get pregnant. If they didn't give them free condoms they wouldn't be out doing stuff they shouldn't do. It's ahrd to tell you're kids to be abstanite if they give them condoms at the school and health department and teach them how to have sex and get pregnant before their even married. Take all that birth control and abortions away and they won't be out there getting pregnant having sex all the time and having a bunch of babys.
Congratulations!! you win the illogical post of the month award. Who knew? Who ever thought that giving kids birth control and condoms would actually increase pregnancy rates? Condoms don't get anyone pregnant. Nobody has ever been impregnated by a condom. If you want your kids only knowledge about sex to be "abstain" that's your choice but surely you have to know that was tried and failed 60 years ago and it's not working now. Please stop typing your message of ignorance and go bury your head back in the sand. Nobody is teaching kids to have sex. It's what young people do when their bodies mature faster than their minds. I 13, 14, 15 year old kid can't mentally be relied on for making good judgement calls especially when their body is telling them differently.
helooo

Lexington, KY

#167 May 1, 2012
I got an idea why dont the parents watch there children. then they wouldnt get knocked!!!!!
Amen

Dunmor, KY

#168 May 1, 2012
helooo wrote:
I got an idea why dont the parents watch there children. then they wouldnt get knocked!!!!!
Ding...ding....ding......AND THE WINNER IS HELOOO!!!!!
I SO AGREE WITH YOU! My point all along!! Stop dropping your 11 and 12 year olds off at the movies! Stop allowing your 15 year olds to have sleep overs with their boyfriend/girlfriends!! Parents show some responsibilitys and WATCH YOUR CHILDREN!! Best answer on this topic!! Just wish people would listen!!
Curious In KY

Morehead, KY

#169 May 2, 2012
I had my son a month after I turned 18. Adoption was never a option and neither was abortion. His "sperm donor" was and still is a piece of crap and I did it on my own. I think that the teen pregnancy rate is up due to all the MTV shows making it look cool and glamorous to these girls and its not. It is hard. If you are lucky to have a support system and family who are there for you then great but it is not anyones responsibility but your own to take care of that child. In the instance of rape,I dont agree on abortion. It is not that childs fault nor the girls for what happened. If she does not want to keep the baby there are a lot of people who would love to have a child because they cant have one on their own.There is no difference in having an abortion than waiting til the baby is born and killing it. That is my opinion and for the lady who said she would march her daughter to the abortion clinic......how would you feel if someone had made you do that with your daughter?
Ann

Dahlonega, GA

#170 May 2, 2012
Curious In KY wrote:
for the lady who said she would march her daughter to the abortion clinic......how would you feel if someone had made you do that with your daughter?
Not sure if you're talking about me, but just in case...
No one would have been in a position to make me do that because I was an employed, educated, financially stable adult when I got pregnant with her. Had I not been those things, my mom would have been completely justified marching me to an abortion clinic to prevent me from putting myself and my kid in position to struggle and probably fail at life.
Curious In KY

Morehead, KY

#171 May 2, 2012
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure if you're talking about me, but just in case...
No one would have been in a position to make me do that because I was an employed, educated, financially stable adult when I got pregnant with her. Had I not been those things, my mom would have been completely justified marching me to an abortion clinic to prevent me from putting myself and my kid in position to struggle and probably fail at life.
So you are saying basically you would not have a issue with having your daughter aborted? Great mother there!!
Ann

Dahlonega, GA

#172 May 2, 2012
That's not what I said. I said that I wasn't in a position to be taken to an abortion clinic because my daughter was not at risk of being neglected or inadequately provided for. Abortion wasn't an option for me because I was financially, socially, and educationally prepared for parenthood.

People who are not in such a place have no business being parents. And had I been one of those people, I would have had no problem having an abortion. Luckily, I was raised to know better than to get pregnant before I was in a stable place in life.

So yes, I am a great mother. I'm glad you noticed, and I hope you took notes.

Location hidden

#173 May 2, 2012
Curious In KY wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying basically you would not have a issue with having your daughter aborted? Great mother there!!
You have no frame of reference to judge whether or not she is a "good" mother. Just because someone would consider abortion doesn't mean they may or may not be a good mother or father for that matter. In my opinion, and only my opinion, I think it's the responsibility of every parent to consider all options before going with the one they predetermined would be best. When you are having a child it's no longer all about you, maybe if you had more life experience you might share that thought process. Suddenly, the needs of the child come first, the best thing for the child is the priority. I don't think this woman would consider aborting her daughter now but we aren't talking about now are we? We are talking about before the child is born. Consider that any parent that doesn't rationally look at the total commitment and realistically consider all the needs a parent will have to provide for a child is doing the child no service. It's the same as when you laid down with that man and didn't consider that when you needed him he would bail. I'm not suggesting that the raising of your child was equally disastrous to the relationship your child was conceived. I am however pointing out what I believe you failed to recognize what the other lady was saying. She considered much more than just her personal feelings before she made the decision to have her child. I think that is one of the defining charasterics of being an excellent parent.
Curious In KY

Morehead, KY

#174 May 3, 2012
aka will wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no frame of reference to judge whether or not she is a "good" mother. Just because someone would consider abortion doesn't mean they may or may not be a good mother or father for that matter. In my opinion, and only my opinion, I think it's the responsibility of every parent to consider all options before going with the one they predetermined would be best. When you are having a child it's no longer all about you, maybe if you had more life experience you might share that thought process. Suddenly, the needs of the child come first, the best thing for the child is the priority. I don't think this woman would consider aborting her daughter now but we aren't talking about now are we? We are talking about before the child is born. Consider that any parent that doesn't rationally look at the total commitment and realistically consider all the needs a parent will have to provide for a child is doing the child no service. It's the same as when you laid down with that man and didn't consider that when you needed him he would bail. I'm not suggesting that the raising of your child was equally disastrous to the relationship your child was conceived. I am however pointing out what I believe you failed to recognize what the other lady was saying. She considered much more than just her personal feelings before she made the decision to have her child. I think that is one of the defining charasterics of being an excellent parent.
I am not saying she is a bad parent and yes that it a touchy subject for me considering when I was pregnant my sons own grandmother said everyone would have been better off if I would have aborted. His father bailing was the best thing for everyone. Not saying thats the best for anyone else. I just think that in my opinion that if you think you are old enough to have sex then you need to be prepared for the responsibility that comes along with it. Raising a child is hard no matter what age you are and yes thinking of what is best for the child is great but abortion is not the answer. Like I said there are so many ppl who cant have kids who would love to adopt. It is not the childs fault. It doesnt matter what the discussion is everyone has their own opinion and that is fine. I just wish that these girls would think about the consequences first.
Ann

Dahlonega, GA

#175 May 4, 2012
Curious In KY wrote:
I just wish that these girls would think about the consequences first.
They probably *think* about the consequences, but have an It-Won't-Happen-To-Me mentality. Same reason smokers smoke cigarettes. They're aware of the consequences, but they don't think they'll actually be among those who suffer from heart disease, lung cancer, throat cancer, or what have you. Same reason speeders speed. They're aware of the consequences, but they don't think they'll actually be among those who are killed in an accident.

So yes, these girls should think about the consequences, but that thought won't stop them. They'll think about it for maybe a minute, and then go ahead with what their hormones are driving them to do.

Teens - boys and girls - need vigilant supervision, a thorough education, and access to birth control. If all that fails to prevent pregnancy, the girls need access to safe and affordable abortion clinics or reputable adoption agencies.
Underestimated1

Dayton, OH

#176 Jun 3, 2012
Abortion popped up way to much as an option on this. It does not matter if you are a teen that's preg or 30 year old. Abortion is selfish. It's not the baby's fault that it was not good enough timing for you to have a baby but the baby has to be the one who gets killed and never has a chance. I understand there are circumstances when it's a necessity. I was 16 when I got pregnant with my first. I chose to have sex to early and not prevent it well enough. Therefore i knew it was my responsibility. Yes I had to drop out of high school. Got a full time job and did give my parents my paycheck. Not as a punishment but to help pay because I played. Me and the baby's dad both then worked our ass off got our GED and went to college. We now have been married 10 years and have many more beautiful baby's. I'm not saying EVERY teen that gets pregnant will be able to keep it. Don't kill it though. adoption is a great choice if you just can't possibly keep it. So many ppl are dying to take in a baby. Or you could just man up and keep it and take care of your blessing. Yeah it's going to be hard but but if ya play ya pay.
Underestimated1

Dayton, OH

#177 Jun 4, 2012
helooo wrote:
My parents watched me like a hawk. I still got preg. A teenager will find a way to do what they want regardless of how close you watch them. You can't watch them every min of every day. Especially a horny teenager. Parents have to sleep sometime. And just from what I saw growing up.... The more you try to shelter them and not give them freedom as younger teenagers then you will end up with a kid that will just go wild when given the first chance.

“PI Olivehillman”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#178 Jun 4, 2012
Underestimated1 wrote:
Abortion popped up way to much as an option on this. It does not matter if you are a teen that's preg or 30 year old. Abortion is selfish. It's not the baby's fault that it was not good enough timing for you to have a baby but the baby has to be the one who gets killed and never has a chance. I understand there are circumstances when it's a necessity. I was 16 when I got pregnant with my first. I chose to have sex to early and not prevent it well enough. Therefore i knew it was my responsibility. Yes I had to drop out of high school. Got a full time job and did give my parents my paycheck. Not as a punishment but to help pay because I played. Me and the baby's dad both then worked our ass off got our GED and went to college. We now have been married 10 years and have many more beautiful baby's. I'm not saying EVERY teen that gets pregnant will be able to keep it. Don't kill it though. adoption is a great choice if you just can't possibly keep it. So many ppl are dying to take in a baby. Or you could just man up and keep it and take care of your blessing. Yeah it's going to be hard but but if ya play ya pay.
No I dont think that when you are 15 you should have babies. My friends daughter is 14 and is pregnant with a 16yr old. They live in a trailer that barely fits the 3 of em now the bf is moving in too because his parents dont want him at home. They got it all planned out how they are going on food stamps and will try to get their rent paid for by the gov. Screw that!!!! If you cant afford it then dont have it cuz I am sick of paying for it!

Location hidden

#179 Jun 4, 2012
agreed! if food stamps or any other type of public assistance factors into your financial plan you probably should not be having children no matter how much you love one another or how much of a blessing you believe it is from the man in the clouds
Yeah

Olive Hill, KY

#180 Jun 4, 2012
I agree too many teens are seeing and learning how to reap the government benefits from having children and being unable to support them. They get the mind set that they can receive food stamps, a check, free transportation, free daycare, free rent....the key word is free. If we analyze all the programs and things done for those on government assistance and abolish them I bet these teens would keep their pants out. It's a damn shame what it's coming too. There are no values anymore. None. Look how bright all of our futures are not going to be.
Worried

Dunmor, KY

#181 Jun 5, 2012
I have a 15 year old daughter and we are pretty close. She has several friends that have already lost their virginity and a couple are pregnant. I have talked to her until I am blue in the face about morals and I watch her Ike a hawk. I realize that soon I am going to have to just trust that she will listen to what I have preached to her over the years and make wise decisions. I do not have any answers for the problems that we are all faced with! Do I think it's fair that I work my butt off while so many people are mooching off the government?! No, i do not!! Do I think abortion is the answer? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Do I think kids should be having children? I don't even think they should be having sex!! This is a real problem and the only advise I have is talk to your children and teach them morals and self respect and hope and pray that they make wise decisions! Let them know about consequences. They could get pregnant, they could get STD'S, they could get a bad reputation, broken heart....etc. let them know that their choice will determine their future! Hold THEM accountable for their actions! So far my daughter talks to me and things are going ok....but I have a feeling the rides about to get bumpy and all I can do is hang on and pray that my talks with her thru the years will help her be the woman I pray she will become. Good luck to all of the parents raising this next generation!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
9 DEAD!!!! Take Away The Vans....... 1 hr The Truth 8
taphouse 1 hr Preach 27
virginia rose 4 hr well 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Wisdom of Ages 174,863
Huddle House (May '15) 8 hr Eggo 9
Where is Lonnie? (Nov '09) 8 hr Askin 18
"Wisdom" makes fun of salvation. 8 hr Jazz 3

Morehead Jobs

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages