First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SBH

Morehead, KY

#1 Jan 14, 2013
I need to rehome my bloodhound. If you know anyone that would be interested let me know.
curious

Ashland, KY

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Is it male or female? How is it with small dogs?Housebroken? How much does it eat each day?
curious

Ashland, KY

#3 Jan 14, 2013
also, how old is it?
SBH

Milton, WI

#4 Jan 15, 2013
2yo, female. She was around a teacup poodle but that was only until she was 4 months old. She thinks she's a little dog and doesn't realize her size. If you are interested I would encourage seeing how they are with each other before making a decision. And strongly encourage reading about the breed. She's a VERY active dog and is stubborn...and she'll track until she loses a scent.
SBH

New York, NY

#5 Jan 15, 2013
She is housebroken as long as you listen to her queues and let her out to potty. She eats about 6-8 cups a day (split into 2-3 feedings).
SBH

New York, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2013
If anyone takes her she'll come with between 60-70 lbs of food. That also depends on when we're able to find her a home.
Kenny

Hillsboro, KY

#7 Jan 15, 2013
Sounds like you should have done some research idiot !
Get a clue

Palm City, FL

#8 Jan 15, 2013
Kenny wrote:
Sounds like you should have done some research idiot !
Don't be ridiculous. There can be many reasons for someone to need to find a home for a beloved pet other than getting tired of them or because they did not know enough about the breed and it didn't fit in with their lifestyle.

Your comment is ignorant and insensitive.
Fred

Hillsboro, KY

#9 Jan 15, 2013
I think Kenny is spot on mate
SBH

New York, NY

#10 Jan 15, 2013
Apparently your knowledge of the situation does not exist. Nor do I need to explain. I will say that plenty of research was made prior to making contact with her breeder and welcoming her into our family at 8 weeks old. If anyone else would like to make an assumption feel free
curious

Grayson, KY

#11 Jan 15, 2013
a few of more questions:
1-how much does she weigh?
2-howmuch does she shed?
3-is she kept indoors or outdoors?
SBH

Alto, GA

#12 Jan 15, 2013
She's between 85-95 lbs guessing. She's very big. If not groomed properly she'll shed a LOT. She's used to being inside at night time and that's priority due to her ears (common bloodhound care and common sense...their ears get into the water when they drink and if kept outside without proper heat they chance getting frostbit)
curious

Grayson, KY

#13 Jan 15, 2013
does she require a lot of daily walking? Is she very destructive if not walked daily?
bloodhound

Morehead, KY

#15 Jan 26, 2013
Did you give the doq away yet?

Since: Sep 08

Hillsboro, KY

#16 Jan 31, 2013
A lot of folks have similar problems with viral infections. They want to get rid of them. And of course they know they made decisions that led to the infection, like deciding to eat at buffets during the flu season or that crazy weekend trip to jamaica the details of which you don't completely remember but those you do you wish you didn't. Of course, if you really want to get rid of a bloodhound kill a coon and tie it to your rear bumper and drive to north carolina.
SBH

Owingsville, KY

#17 Feb 9, 2013
No, we still have her. We've been getting a lot of senseless replies but are still looking to find her a home that can meet her energy requirements.
Heather Jones

Dunmor, KY

#18 Feb 9, 2013
SBH wrote:
No, we still have her. We've been getting a lot of senseless replies but are still looking to find her a home that can meet her energy requirements.
I would love to come see her, I have been wanting a dog but do not want a puppy (work 10hrs a day so no time to potty train) I had a redbone hound growing up and know exactly the type of care she need with her ears to keep from getting yeast infections. I do have a 17 month old little girl so I would need to see how she is with her and she would not be alone while my husband and I are at work because our grandmother stays with us during the week to care for our daughter. If I sound like someone you would want to take her please E-mail me @ [email protected] Thank You
curious

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Feb 10, 2013
SBH wrote:
...i hope that isn't/wasn't the reason you stopped answering my questions. I assumed you placed her so I didn't ask again. I know someone who was(may still be interested). I need to know asap because they were wanting a dog asap also.
to curious

Palm City, FL

#20 Feb 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>...i hope that isn't/wasn't the reason you stopped answering my questions. I assumed you placed her so I didn't ask again. I know someone who was(may still be interested). I need to know asap because they were wanting a dog asap also.
She gave her email address, your best bet would be to email her directly instead of relying on this forum, especially if time is of the essence.
SBH

Owingsville, KY

#21 Feb 10, 2013
We will keep her until we find a home for her that suits her needs. Typically I do not check this forum daily. And bloodhounds are loving but highly stubborn dogs. I do not believe I would be willing to let her go with someone that did not have enough knowledge about the breed to know their basic requirements. She is a typical bloodhound with no out-of-the-ordinary behaviors other than the fact that she audibly passes gas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min another viewer 153,913
Multi-millionaire Matt Bevin. Not a Kentuckian... 3 hr Cornfused 25
savannah hanshaw??? (Mar '11) 3 hr Savannah big ass 59
Savannah Hanshaw stories 3 hr James case 4
Hillary for President!!! 4 hr Wisdom 463
News Eastern Kentucky holds first Pride Festival 6 hr antipolicticalcor... 123
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 hr antipolicticalcor... 18,588

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages