PhotoDude

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Nov 20, 2012
I remember as a kid going somewhere around Cave Run Lake were there was a tunnel closed down to traffic but you were able to walk through it to a shallow creek type area. Anybody have a clue what I'm talking about? Can't for the life of me find that place anywhere.
cause

Morehead, KY

#2 Nov 21, 2012
It has been torn down. It was at peragon. Good memories though. I hadnt thought of that in years.
PhotoDude

Morehead, KY

#3 Nov 21, 2012
Thanks for response. Shoot sorry to hear it was torn down. It was also a good memory but was obviously growing vague in my mind so I was hoping to rekindle the thought a little.
I hear

Morehead, KY

#4 Nov 21, 2012
I hear you can get into the paragon tunnel from the other side .. anyone know if that is true??
cause

Morehead, KY

#5 Nov 23, 2012
I haven't heard if you can.
umm

Morehead, KY

#6 Nov 23, 2012
Yea we used to love going through the tunnel as kids although it was scary. I always thought it would fall in on us. Brings back great childhood memories.
engineer

West Liberty, KY

#7 Nov 23, 2012
Is have traveled the old railroad bed on four wheelers from rt 711 to paragon but did not see any tunnel. Where is it located? Would be interesting to check it out.
umm

Morehead, KY

#8 Nov 23, 2012
engineer wrote:
Is have traveled the old railroad bed on four wheelers from rt 711 to paragon but did not see any tunnel. Where is it located? Would be interesting to check it out.
It has been filled in now and no longer there, they built new road around it.
Wile e

Ashland, KY

#9 Nov 23, 2012
tunnels

Morehead, KY

#10 Nov 24, 2012
There is a train tunnel on sr 711 in morgan co. that you can drive thru and a tunnel below it where they redirected the creek, neat to look at.
Photo Dude

Duluth, GA

#11 Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for all of the info everyone and especially the picture Wile e. Glad I'm not the only one that remembered the place.

I will try to check out the one in Morgan Co. next time I am in town.
case xx

Frenchburg, KY

#12 Nov 25, 2012
Wile e wrote:
http://www.caverun.org/images/ Paragon_Tunnel_Paragon_Kentuck y_Large.JPG
Did the state make a road through the tunnel after the rail road abandon it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rob Mynhier 2 hr Mama bear 17
Tammy ricer 3 hr Mama bear 24
Lori Back (Oct '14) 5 hr lil guy 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Perfect storm 136,111
Using handicap parking 5 hr Handi cap sticker 13
Where is a good place to get a big, juicy hambu... 8 hr Julie 4
Ku Klux Klan in town Fri Wisdom 105
More from around the web

Morehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]