Walmart, Alcohol Sales, and BAD Cust...

Walmart, Alcohol Sales, and BAD Customer Service

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Grace

Cleveland, GA

#1 Jan 29, 2010
Walmart will not sell you alcohol if your underage child is with you. They are rude and obnoxious. Walmart never has anything in stock and is overpriced, with Kroger having everything cheaper. Morehead should stand up against Walmart and their poor customer service and dirty employees, especially those greeters that are always sitting. Let's do something about this!!

What has happened that they don't even say hello as you enter anymore?
Haha

United States

#2 Jan 29, 2010
Walmart is a greedy company that underpays it's employees and doesn't offer affordable benefits. The store is understaffed and the underpaid workers suffer which trickles down to the customer in the form of bad attitudes and poor customer service. Most of the employees are good people they are just treated like shit. Blame the corporation for their greed. Also, shop at Kroger if they have what you want at more affordable prices and stop shopping at Walmart. With billions in profit every year customers must not think Walmart is that bad.
Dave buys there

Morehead, KY

#3 Jan 29, 2010
That guy dave running for sheriff always buys his beer there, because they have the lowest prices in town. Adam his son has to go somewhere else and have someone buy his beer for him because he is underage.
pitiful

Vanceburg, KY

#4 Jan 30, 2010
did u know just about all Wal-mart employees have to receive foodstamps just to get by u know Wal-mart can afford to pay enough so that employees do not have to do that, its pitiful that they are that greedy, I agree if u can but your stuff elsewhere please do so maybe if people took a stand Wal-mart may be forced to treat their employees better.
Grace

Winchester, KY

#5 Jan 30, 2010
RT:@ HaHa

If the employees are treated so badly, they should just quit and not take it out on the customers. I have to deal with crap just like everybody else with a job and you don't see me griping at every customer. This may be why they work at walmart to begin with, nobody wants to hire someone who will have a sour attitude if their day isn't going the best.
youguys

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Jan 30, 2010
I have never seen so much bull crap outside of a farm. Almost all that was said was completely untrue. Considering this store is paying their employees more than any other retailer in town, I find it laughable that we (just about) all have to have foodstamps.

Please, if you're going to bash us, at least pick something that's true. I will be the first to admit that there are several things open for bashing, but come on, making things up as you go and so obviously fake, just make you look foolish.
Now you may troll on.

Since: Sep 08

Morehead, KY

#7 Jan 30, 2010
All I wanted was some samples to taste test and they got real testy in a bad way. How am I supposed to make an informed consumer decision if I am forbidden to investigate. I had just opened a bottle of whiskey, Old Nasal Hair Remover, and needed a chaser and chose to pop the top on one of them Lite beers, and it didnt give off any illumination so I dont think it was working, but the blue vest guy says, hey, you cant do that in here and I wasnt sure whether he was talking about me pouring a shot for my cousin lonnie bob or the harmonica playing because he just wasnt clear, maybe been drinking because he also turned real red in the face.

So I dont know if I am gonna go back there since they told me not too, but I have to get my booze someplace and they drove freight station out of biz. I guess I could send my nephew in but I still have to take him since he is too young to drive.

a buddha said, cheers, or something like that.
Angie

Olive Hill, KY

#8 Jan 30, 2010
Okay you big know it all how about this. The pay may be okay but the hours you are allowed to work are no where near 40. Now what do u say to that!
youguys

Morehead, KY

#9 Jan 30, 2010
1) just because you want to work 40 doesn't mean that have to give you 40.
2) yeah I fall in to that group that want 40 but aren't getting it. so? I've got a job, better than some out there. And at the pay per hour I'm at, I get paid more than a worker at Kroger gets at 40.
Angie

Olive Hill, KY

#10 Jan 30, 2010
The point is, with all due respect, everyones circumstances are different. Some work to feed a family and lucky to have a job. Others may be going to college and the extra cash helps. You can make 8,9,10 dollars an hour but if you don't get decent hours thats not alot of bill paying money and that is a legitimate complaint. If you got kids in school they need clothes, supplies, ect. And then there is fuel to get to work. There is just alot to consider and if a person who is working and getting food stamps I say hold your head up you're doing the best you can:)
Haha

Olive Hill, KY

#11 Jan 30, 2010
Yeah, quit your job and find another one around here. Fat chance. The wages are poor, bottom line. And they won't work a person enough hours in a week. There is no excuse for the low wages and low hours in a company that makes the amount of money that walmart makes. The employees barely get paid enough as it is, much less enough to kiss the asses of rude, obnoxious, higher-than-thou customers. If you want to get good service at walmart then the people of this country need to stand up and quit getting buttfucked by these corporations. I guess a 2.99 Chinese-made bag of socks is just to good to pass up.
Haha

Olive Hill, KY

#12 Jan 30, 2010
Oh, and it's not just a bad day that causes poor attitudes at walmart. It's bad everyday!
Sage

Seymour, IN

#13 Feb 7, 2010
First off it is stated in our rules that we deny alcohol to people who have a person with them that are under the age of 21. It is actually in the alcohol laws enforced by ABC that all stores of that sort are supposed to do so. Most of us don't like being called names because we follow the rules because we don't want the fines and possible loss of job if we did as the customer with the underage wanted. So of course most of us try to be nice about it but some customers just make it difficult.
jobs

Lexington, KY

#14 Feb 7, 2010
well the law is if you have a person looking 40 or under and if we ask for id and you dont provide the id then we dont sell.. you can get mad or not but that my friends is just doing our job... and the thing about selling to an adult or person legal to buy acholol or tobacco and having someone else with them.... that all depends if a mother comes in and has a two year old to buy beer then you can sell it.... if someone comes in with someone else and the other person looks to be under the age of forty and it looks fishy to you then you may ask every person in the party for id... if they do not all provide id then we dont sell... btw for everyone that needs to know we as an employee no matter where you work id or not you can refuse a sell at anytime if you feel the need to. the reasons if you smell beer on them or if they are already bout to fall over then at anytime you can refuse... and the managers will back us up so no need to ask for them... if you want beer make sure you are old enough and always have a valid id... btw if the licenses or id is expired that is a no sell too... been through abc training alot so i know the rules very well... the customer service is not that bad.... at least we dont sit there and text people on our phones while your getting checked out... you know the sign posted on the pharmacy drive through at kroger they will be glad to help when you get off the phone well what are we supposed to do when they are on their phones.....
WOW

Cleveland, GA

#15 Feb 7, 2010
myft wrote:
All I wanted was some samples to taste test and they got real testy in a bad way. How am I supposed to make an informed consumer decision if I am forbidden to investigate. I had just opened a bottle of whiskey, Old Nasal Hair Remover, and needed a chaser and chose to pop the top on one of them Lite beers, and it didnt give off any illumination so I dont think it was working, but the blue vest guy says, hey, you cant do that in here and I wasnt sure whether he was talking about me pouring a shot for my cousin lonnie bob or the harmonica playing because he just wasnt clear, maybe been drinking because he also turned real red in the face.
So I dont know if I am gonna go back there since they told me not too, but I have to get my booze someplace and they drove freight station out of biz. I guess I could send my nephew in but I still have to take him since he is too young to drive.
a buddha said, cheers, or something like that.
Do you get paid to write this stuff?! You are too witty to be true. I bet you're really a computer program or some creature from a sci-fi flick. Keep it up, it's hilarious!!!
Grace

Winchester, KY

#16 Mar 5, 2010
Sage:'First off it is stated in our rules that we deny alcohol to people who have a person with them that are under the age of 21. It is actually in the alcohol laws enforced by ABC that all stores of that sort are supposed to do so. Most of us don't like being called names because we follow the rules because we don't want the fines and possible loss of job if we did as the customer with the underage wanted. So of course most of us try to be nice about it but some customers just make it difficult. "

Wouldn't it be profiling if you were to assume that because a few people are together buying a cart of groceries and a case of beer that they were trying to commit fraud? I understand if all they are buying is a case of beer, buy why are drive thru's allowed to sell if a minor is a DD as long as that minor does not handle the money or the beer itself. Why would ABC allow this sort of possible profiling to exist? They wouldn't, and this policy of Walmart is illegal and should be regarded as such.
Grace

Winchester, KY

#17 Mar 5, 2010
jobs wrote:
well the law is if you have a person looking 40 or under and if we ask for id and you dont provide the id then we dont sell.. you can get mad or not but that my friends is just doing our job... and the thing about selling to an adult or person legal to buy acholol or tobacco and having someone else with them.... that all depends if a mother comes in and has a two year old to buy beer then you can sell it.... if someone comes in with someone else and the other person looks to be under the age of forty and it looks fishy to you then you may ask every person in the party for id... if they do not all provide id then we dont sell... btw for everyone that needs to know we as an employee no matter where you work id or not you can refuse a sell at anytime if you feel the need to. the reasons if you smell beer on them or if they are already bout to fall over then at anytime you can refuse... and the managers will back us up so no need to ask for them... if you want beer make sure you are old enough and always have a valid id... btw if the licenses or id is expired that is a no sell too... been through abc training alot so i know the rules very well... the customer service is not that bad.... at least we dont sit there and text people on our phones while your getting checked out... you know the sign posted on the pharmacy drive through at kroger they will be glad to help when you get off the phone well what are we supposed to do when they are on their phones.....
Again, in what since is profiling to this degree legal? Who is to say that the mother isn't going to provide alcohol to her two year old child? This would be profiling older individuals of the college age, assuming they are buying for a minor. Why would they go to walmart to buy alcohol for a minor? I understand if money is being handed off at the register from a minor to someone of age, totally understand why you would say no. but if a few friends are shopping, then buy a case of beer, would it not be considered profiling to check all id's and refuse the distribution of alcohol because you think someone is "fishy". Everyone is fishy, but that doesn't give us a right to refuse service.
justme

Grayson, KY

#18 Mar 5, 2010
Haha wrote:
Walmart is a greedy company that underpays it's employees and doesn't offer affordable benefits. The store is understaffed and the underpaid workers suffer which trickles down to the customer in the form of bad attitudes and poor customer service. Most of the employees are good people they are just treated like shit. Blame the corporation for their greed. Also, shop at Kroger if they have what you want at more affordable prices and stop shopping at Walmart. With billions in profit every year customers must not think Walmart is that bad.
We all blame Walmart for all that is wrong with business today, and for good reason. It is illegal to run a monopoly, but they get by with it. Still, there is no excuse for rudeness. The greeters are not friendly, customer service in any department sucks big wind and most of the cashiers, especially two of them, seem to have mental problems and move at the pace of a snail. No, it is not our fault that their job stinks. We should be treated better. But where are we going to go get the "stuff" that we need. They have the monopoly in Morehead and every other City in the U.S..
smart shopper

Morehead, KY

#19 Mar 5, 2010
Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, in what since is profiling to this degree legal? Who is to say that the mother isn't going to provide alcohol to her two year old child? This would be profiling older individuals of the college age, assuming they are buying for a minor. Why would they go to walmart to buy alcohol for a minor? I understand if money is being handed off at the register from a minor to someone of age, totally understand why you would say no. but if a few friends are shopping, then buy a case of beer, would it not be considered profiling to check all id's and refuse the distribution of alcohol because you think someone is "fishy". Everyone is fishy, but that doesn't give us a right to refuse service.
See that is where you are wrong..... i did not say that if a mother came in with a two year old that i would deny the charge but if two older people come in and looked under age then yeah i would ask id from both people and if one of them did not have and id then i would deny the sell... second i can tell you that we can and are allowed to deny any alcohol or tobacco sell at any time no matter the situation.....Call a state trooper or anyone and they will tell you that we can refuse at anytime....
youguys

Hillsboro, KY

#20 Mar 5, 2010
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
We all blame Walmart for all that is wrong with business today, and for good reason. It is illegal to run a monopoly, but they get by with it. Still, there is no excuse for rudeness. The greeters are not friendly, customer service in any department sucks big wind and most of the cashiers, especially two of them, seem to have mental problems and move at the pace of a snail. No, it is not our fault that their job stinks. We should be treated better. But where are we going to go get the "stuff" that we need. They have the monopoly in Morehead and every other City in the U.S..
hate to tell you, but walmart isn't a monopoly. Even in the morehead market, it only has 30%-40% of the market share, if that, and while it has a larger share in the general merchandise, again it doesn't have all of it. So it's not a monopoly. There are always choices, just because you ignore (and thus yourself condemning them to fail) other choices and options, you can't blame walmart for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry Whitt age 51 20 min truth 2
Srg global 41 min Nasty 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 43 min Cczar 167,531
Fire on Clearfield Hill 3 hr Roy 3
my brother needs help getting his permit 3 hr Roy 7
Thank you President Obama (Sep '12) 5 hr Wisdom 545
The most useless President 5 hr Wisdom 783

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages